Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially (19179 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Ruining Space Exploration For Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by helinues: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2023
How many parties do you attend in a month, for the party goers, average of 4 times. You will buy cloth, sew it, probably buy new shoe, gift the celebrant something, spray them money when they are dancing all because of plate of rice with chicken and 5 bottles of beer.

Do the maths, cloth 20k( level dey but on average), new shoe 5k, gifts 5-10k, spraying of money 5k. Let's say N35k.

Please how much are they selling food at restaurants abi na how much beer cost for bars that you are wasting your hard earned money on partying?

Don't get me wrong, partying is part of social life but it shouldn't be a hobby cos it's expensive. That money could have done something meaningful than wasting it on hours event .

How about the preparation for the party, imagination of who would be at the venue and how to relate, infact, you might even meet those who have been looking for you for long as some people have now turned begging to a professional job.

It doesn't worth it

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by dawnomike(m): 7:57am On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:
How many parties do you attend in a month, for the party goers, average of 4 times. You will buy cloth, sew it, probably buy new shoe, gift the celebrant something, spray them money when they are dancing all because of plate of rice with chicken and 5 bottles of beer.

Do the maths, cloth 20k( level dey but on average), new shoe 5k, gifts 5-10k, spraying of money 5k. Let's say N35k.

Please how much are they selling food at restaurants abi na how much beer cost for bars that you are wasting your hard earned money on partying?

Don't get me wrong, partying is part of social life but it shouldn't be a hobby cos it's expensive. That money could have done something meaningful than wasting it on hours event .

How about the preparation for the party, imagination of who would be at the venue and how to relate, infact, you might even meet those who have been looking for you for long as some people have now turned begging to a professional job.

It doesn't worth it
If you live on lagos island, you'll buy aso-ebi material of 10k and tailor to collect 15k to make it grin cheesy

I would rather send the money to the celebrant and rest at home

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by helinues: 8:02am On Jun 21, 2023
dawnomike:
If you live on lagos island, you'll buy aso-ebi material of 10k and tailor to collect 15k to make it grin cheesy

So many people have been broke all because of all this weekly weekend party.

After spending all those money and the stress, you would still be expected to dance even if out of your wish.

Send me your account make I send half of the money I would have wasted in buying Aso Ebi ,sowing and the stress of attending, excuse must surely dey why I won't be attending. I can't work through the week and still be working in weekend all in the name of partying when I should be resting at home.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2023
Kaleemma23:
Stirs as two adults make love in Zamfara public motor park in broad daylight

Watch video here: http://lurdoocu.com/4/6047352
Later now then go dey claim sey na Dem go collect Islam for God hand
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Lonestar124: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2023
Remember they may still honour your invitation...

6 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Vinnie2000(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2023
OP

During Obasanjo and Yaradua's administration, this Country was Peaceful and had a Stable economy. smiley

The Spending Power of the Average Nigerian was good.

Until Tinubu and ur USELESS APC party came on board to Destroy Everything. undecided

Now you are spilling Trash and telling Pple to copy ur 'Suffer head' Lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜

Yeye Pple.๐Ÿ˜’

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Kobicove(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2023
Any sensible individual should be very selective of the parties he/she attends these days undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it

Shvt up boy lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided do u know how many parties I attend a week? How has it ruined my life undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Pls stick to ur asslicking or politicians boy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u know nothing about life to come and want to give advice boy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by helinues: 10:58am On Jun 21, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Shvt up boy lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided do u know how many parties I attend a week? How has it ruined my life undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Pls stick to ur asslicking or politicians boy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u know nothing about life to come and want to give advice boy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by helinues: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2023
Lonestar124:
Remember they may still honour your invitation...

Only if they would be invited in the first place. You can't ignore party of people that matters.

7 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Sonnobax15(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
lipsrsealed
Op,nice one here... Personally I've advised myself that I won't be attending any party for now,till let's say September....The problem with some of us is that we throw parties for minor things....And the money that could have been spent on major things would be therefore be spent on unnecessary parties.....Money no dey money no dey,but una still dey do party angry

5 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by vincenteger: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2023
Somebody don dy think like me

For my wedding I don't want you to come
Calculate your tp and divide it into 2
Then you send me one part and use the other part to cook in your house on the day of my wedding.
If e reach to buy mineral buy am, still buy that small cake 200.
I can't come and kill myself

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Phoenix873: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
Don't forget you or your wife or parents will also at some points organize a party for which you would want your friends and family to be present.
The points in your post are valid but it is a double edged sword.

9 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by YeyeGbami: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
Toh
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by ipobarecriminals: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
sad NGR/GH peeps here are the kings/Queen wen it cum to owambe/clubbing.Some will go borrow the money, shoes/dress,chain.If the dnt fight at the end, dem go Kii themselves go evade their creditor
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by FalseProphet1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Partying is even better. What about those that club and spend over 300k in one night? Nigerians waste money a lot that's why we aren't productive.

This I have seen.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Bobotic(m): 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Best investment na for yourself, can't spend all the money for clubbing and doing nonsense competition with who pass me abi who I pass grin

When my time reach I must shine, no arguement!

10 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by 9jaRealist: 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it

โ€œPartyingโ€ (as you term it) is a vital component of the national ECONOMYโ€ฆ

Those tailors, caterers, organizers, DJs, logistics, security, etc., are all SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISESโ€ฆ
They employ people, and use their earnings to pay for housing, healthcare, education, etc., further deepening the ECONOMY!

And at the end of the day, a GOOD TIME is usually had by all and sundry! cool
>

19 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by slawomir: 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by pansophist(m): 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
The club is like a gambling house. You will always come out poorer than you went in with.

21 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by MrBroke(m): 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
MrBroke grin

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by bigdammyj: 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
Reading...
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by chuksanambra: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Phoenix873:
Don't forget you or your wife or parents will also at some points organize a party for which you would want your friends and family to be present.
The points in your post are valid but it is a double edged sword.

Na everyday una dey organise party?

If they don't want to come, let them not come. It is even better, you spend less on refreshments.
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by waledeji(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Vinnie2000:

OP

During Obasanjo and Yaradua's administration, this Country was Peaceful and had a Stable economy. smiley

The Spending Power of the Average Nigerian was good.

Until Tinubu and ur USELESS APC party came on board to Destroy Everything. undecided

Now you are spilling Trash and telling Pple to copy ur 'Suffer head' Lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜

Yeye Pple.๐Ÿ˜’
Sheistoopretty:

Election loss trauma ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

3 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Acidosis(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
That aso ebi nonsense has always been a scam...and a scheme by morally depraved charlatans to rip people off their inheritance.

You have a friend who's still struggling with his career, probably managing a 50k or 100k salary somewhere and some of you will still go ahead to send aso ebi bills because you want to do marriage.

You create problems for people who hardly want to say "No" to you for friendship sake. These people you're billing, some of them are single and searching and, so, they force themselves to honour your suffocative marriage to avoid leaving a wrong impression. Allow people rejoice with you, genuinely. Nobody really cares about the fake Insta glamour, except of course, the aso ebi vendors, event planners, and photographers.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by flexyrule(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Let the rich breeeeeethe
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Idoko619(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
35k weekly.
Do you know how much is Tequila at Kristol?

3 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by chuksanambra: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
dawnomike:

People borrow money from loan sharks to buy aso ebi.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Photos From A Nairalander's Traditional Wedding / Old Boys And Girl Of Primary Schools In PH Reunites. / We Can Make Your Party Glamorous.. Gospel Tungba Juju Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.