Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially (19187 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Ruining Space Exploration For Everyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Creativity22: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:
How many parties do you attend in a month, for the party goers, average of 4 times. You will buy cloth, sew it, probably buy new shoe, gift the celebrant something, spray them money when they are dancing all because of plate of rice with chicken and 5 bottles of beer.

Do the maths, cloth 20k( level dey but on average), new shoe 5k, gifts 5-10k, spraying of money 5k. Let's say N35k.

Please how much are they selling food at restaurants abi na how much beer cost for bars that you are wasting your hard earned money on partying?

Don't get me wrong, partying is part of social life but it shouldn't be a hobby cos it's expensive. That money could have done something meaningful than wasting it on hours event .

How about the preparation for the party, imagination of who would be at the venue and how to relate, infact, you might even meet those who have been looking for you for long as some people have now turned begging to a professional job.

It doesn't worth it
Agbado

2 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Dshocker(m): 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:
How many parties do you attend in a month, for the party goers, average of 4 times. You will buy cloth, sew it, probably buy new shoe, gift the celebrant something, spray them money when they are dancing all because of plate of rice with chicken and 5 bottles of beer.

Do the maths, cloth 20k( level dey but on average), new shoe 5k, gifts 5-10k, spraying of money 5k. Let's say N35k.

Please how much are they selling food at restaurants abi na how much beer cost for bars that you are wasting your hard earned money on partying?

Don't get me wrong, partying is part of social life but it shouldn't be a hobby cos it's expensive. That money could have done something meaningful than wasting it on hours event .

How about the preparation for the party, imagination of who would be at the venue and how to relate, infact, you might even meet those who have been looking for you for long as some people have now turned begging to a professional job.

It doesn't worth it

The your report is for low salary earners, or new business owners trying to build up financially.
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by isabi2lof: 1:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
Party all the time , are for those seeing free money at will , who dash monkey ๐ŸŒ
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Akaegwu(m): 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
You are a common criminal
4KNGOATS:

Later now then go dey claim sey na Dem go collect Islam for God hand

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by InvertedHammer: 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it
/
So if someone goes to the party without new shoes, new clothes, no gifts and refuses to spray money; will the heavens break?

I don't see how this is a problem.

/

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by easytig(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
Wait o,people still dey go party dey spray money for this inflation,na dem sabi,for me if it's not naming ceremony, wedding or burial,I no dey go.

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by phemmyfour: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it
lolz
Those that couldn't attend those parties and are still struggling are more than those that can afford it. Stop blaming the economy woes on parties . Nobody party better than the Whites cos they are sure of their next pay day

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Tayorshd87: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
dawnomike:
If you live on lagos island, you'll buy aso-ebi material of 10k and tailor to collect 15k to make it grin cheesy

I would rather send the money to the celebrant and rest at home

แปŒmแป รฌyรก mi where in Lagos island do u reside ?

Am also an indigene ๐Ÿ˜Š
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Seankhalifa: 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2023
me i dey repeat cloth like mad man... after i chow i clear.... i just need transport and item 7 grin
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Babaibeji2020(m): 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
I don't spray money @ parties, I don't get excited about the food because I get filled before leaving my house. I'm just interested about being visible to the celebrant and getting my present across to them,thereafter photoshoot and voila I'm off to fun with the newly found girlfriend and my hommies....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Quebec91(m): 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
cheesy
vincenteger:
Somebody don dy think like me

For my wedding I don't want you to come
Calculate your tp and divide it into 2
Then you send me one part and use the other part to cook in your house on the day of my wedding.
If e reach to buy mineral buy am, still buy that small cake 200.
I can't come and kill myself
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Toosure70: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
vincenteger:
Somebody don dy think like me

For my wedding I don't want you to come
Calculate your tp and divide it into 2
Then you send me one part and use the other part to cook in your house on the day of my wedding.
If e reach to buy mineral buy am, still buy that small cake 200.
I can't come and kill myself
you go pay for one you don eat o
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Manna4Gurls: 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Clubing can never be tamed but it can be ignored individually.

2 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Salowise: 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Phoenix873:
Don't forget you or your wife or parents will also at some points organize a party for which you would want your friends and family to be present.
The points in your post are valid but it is a double edged sword.

Oga leave that thing, see I don't attend anywhere whether invited or not except some selected occasion which doesn't usually occur but my invitees sef don't decline my invitations. See I'll even be Happy if i do my wedding and nobody attend but they'll still attend and ask you why didn't you invite them but have to attend base on the love they have for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by 4KNGOATS(m): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Akaegwu:
You are a common criminal
Na lie ha dey lie? .zamfara is considered as one of the most religious northern state and now see the red stain they are putting on it's white fabric
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by fapcrook(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
My mama goes to parties maximum of 8 times a year. She'll rather send money to celebrants

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by ZUKKYY(m): 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
Phoenix873:
Don't forget you or your wife or parents will also at some points organize a party for which you would want your friends and family to be present.
The points in your post are valid but it is a double edged sword.
. Don't mind the OP. You no go person own' person no go your own

2 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by 1Sharon(f): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
Excess partying is a form of escapism.

2 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by specialmati(m): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na envy go soon finish you,APC will soon destroy what is left of you.so before APC came to power people have not been attending parties.na now you start calculation

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Angelfrost(m): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2023
That's why Tinubu is here to teach most Nigerian youths financial discipline! cool

Some clubs and beer parlors might have to close shop in the coming weeks and months!

Na people wey chop bellefull dey buy asoebi, attend multiple occasions and club!

Everyone go learn the meaning of Financial Priority! That there is a clear distinction between "Needs" and "Desires or Wants"!

If money never reach you to chop, transport yourself, pay rent, and sort out utilities, where you wan get the dough to flex?!! Lol! grin
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Solofresh2: 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nigerians like partying too much sha.Especially on the island side of Lagos
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Aplaudez(m): 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it

Daniel Regha jnr grin

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by observanc1: 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it
the 30k they pay u don finish? What's your business with the party people are attending? The apc parties u attended nko? Shey they were sewing cloth for u and giving u small money. So u dont dont want people to enjoy what u are enjoying?

5 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

It doesn't worth it

So, after supporting series of bad governments and their impoverishing, anally generated policies, you now want to preach party abstinence/avoidance to Nigerians so as to save money??

No way!

No one will listen to your anally generated piece of shit advice. They must attend parties to help them forget the crushing effects of your government's bad policies.

5 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by inkon: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2023

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by OgbeniOja1: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
Chaiii you darling daddy's regime don dey show you shege!!!
helinues:

It doesn't worth it

3 Likes

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Angelfrost(m): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

So, after supporting series of bad governments and their impoverishing, anally generated policies, you now want to preach party abstinence/avoidance to Nigerians so as to save money??

No way!

No one will listen to your anally generated piece of shit advice. They must attend parties to help them forget the crushing effects of your government's bad policies.

Well... Let's leave the messenger and focus on the message!

If they have the money to lavish on parties, clubs and outings, then the economy isn't that hard on them!

I expect more stringency in spending starting from Aso Rock down to the lean streets of Sangotedo!
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by OgbeniOja1: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
Asiwaju is showing you pepper
Angelfrost:
That's why Tinubu is here to teach most Nigerian youths financial discipline! cool

Some clubs and beer parlors might have to close shop in the coming weeks and months!

Na people wey chop bellefull dey buy asoebi, attend multiple occasions and club!

Everyone go learn the meaning of Financial Priority! That there is a clear distinction between "Needs" and "Desires or Wants"!

If money never reach you to chop, transport yourself, pay rent, and sort out utilities, where you wan get the dough to flex?!! Lol! grin

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by LZAA: 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
Only the OP can make such a daft topic grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by gotnel: 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
Vinnie2000:

OP

During Obasanjo and Yaradua's administration, this Country was Peaceful and had a Stable economy. smiley

The Spending Power of the Average Nigerian was good.

Until Tinubu and ur USELESS APC party came on board to Destroy Everything. undecided

Now you are spilling Trash and telling Pple to copy ur 'Suffer head' Lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜

Yeye Pple.๐Ÿ˜’
But why ?
Everything is now politicised.
Let us think out of this abusing ourselves on every issue.
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by Angelfrost(m): 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
Asiwaju is showing you pepper

Nah... I am living the life sir! I kid you not!

I started preparing for the economic desert since 2014!

I knew Nigeria will descend into economic abyss under Buhari, and took steps to prepare for the rainy days of today!!! cool
Re: How Partying Is Ruining Some Nigerians Financially by topatee: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
Vinnie2000:

OP

During Obasanjo and Yaradua's administration, this Country was Peaceful and had a Stable economy. smiley

The Spending Power of the Average Nigerian was good.

Until Tinubu and ur USELESS APC party came on board to Destroy Everything. undecided

Now you are spilling Trash and telling Pple to copy ur 'Suffer head' Lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜

Yeye Pple.๐Ÿ˜’

As e dey pain dem, omo, e dey sweet us
If you spew rubbsh again, my guy you go collect gbosa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Photos From A Nairalander's Traditional Wedding / Old Boys And Girl Of Primary Schools In PH Reunites. / We Can Make Your Party Glamorous.. Gospel Tungba Juju Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.