Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus (4757 Views)

Due to Tinubu's Effect, this Is Why Guinea Is Trending On Twitter / Henry Idahagbon Appointed As A Federal Commissioner / See The Current Condition Of A Federal Bridge In Niger After Collapse. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by KingAzubuike(f): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2023
As seen on twitter.. fees for UNIBEN as released few days ago. Tinubu will ruin this country.

https://twitter.com/Morris_Monye/status/1671409404527144961

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by WorldRichest: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2023
KingAzubuike:
As seen on twitter.. fees for UNIBEN as released few days ago. Tinubu will ruin this country.

https://twitter.com/Morris_Monye/status/1671409404527144961

Go to Ghana. Emilokan Tinubu is President for 8 years.

Cry, wail, weep.

Go and apply for Students Loan as it is done all over the world. School Fees is about £15,000 in UK and average of $30,000 in US, however the Economic indices are not same as Nigeria

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by KingAzubuike(f): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2023
This below is for bayero University.

Unilag has plans on increasing theirs too

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by festacman(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2023
Tuition fee never enter the list. So it will still increase more.

It is important to state that the student loan scheme is a ploy to introduce tuition to Federal Universities to free up more money for politicians to spend. It is never an act of improving human development. It is all about money.

By the way, unless the economy picks up real quick, this Student loans scheme will likely end up like petroleum subsidy. Millions of unemployed and unemployable graduates who are beneficiaries will be unable to repay the loan. Ultimately, the World Bank and IMF will 'advise' FG to stop the loan scheme because trillions of Naira remain unrecovered.

NB - We don't have to copy and paste other countries programs. Let us develop home-grown ideas to meet our needs.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by yemmight(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2023
Federal government should work on fees since they are offering loans to students.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by KingAzubuike(f): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2023
festacman:
Tuition fee never enter the list. So it will still increase more.
Exactly.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by MisterBanny(m): 11:32am On Jun 21, 2023
Nigerians are actually suffering. Only God can help us

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by thesicilian: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2023
You people want better quality of life, better uninterrupted education and power supply, a more robust economy but do not want to make the necessary sacrifices that will guarantee those changes you seek

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2023
No wonder buhari adviser said Nigerians will miss Buhari when he left office.Tinubu's term as a governor of Lagos has been "Extorting from the struggling masses to enriched the political classes of Lagos"He is a multi-million naira pensioner

24 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by CandidAdmin(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2023
Am I seriously going to be living off a loan? Because I'm sure if I take this student loan, it would surely amount to nothing less than 5 million naira by the time I leave school.
God please have mercy.

Food for thought - The people shouting "the loan is not by force" are the ones done with school.
After enjoying subsidized education, they come online to shout "go to ghana"

Check my siggy!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2023
From "I stand on your mandate gidigba" to "I'm standing outside school gate FeelingBad"

Standing na standing. 🤣🤣🤣

NB: feel free to check all my post, I have no political affiliation. Just having fun mocking anyone hating on his fellow cos of the greedy, selfish and self-centered political class.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 21, 2023
No more free rides!

Everybody gass to hussle now to get quality infrastructural services from the government.

You want quality, you pay.

If you’re broke, go and till the ground, shikenah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Emma513: 11:49am On Jun 21, 2023
thesicilian:
You people want better quality of life, better uninterrupted education and power supply, a more robust economy but do not want to make the necessary sacrifices that will guarantee those changes you seek
THE MONEY THE WILL STILL SHARE AMOUNG THEMSELVE. GET SENSE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Solofresh2: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2023
Nawa oo
Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by thesicilian: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2023
Emma513:
THE MONEY THE WILL STILL SHARE AMOUNG THEMSELVE. GET SENSE
Isn't it interesting that people like you who need good education the most are the ones fighting against the policies intended to make the educational system better?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by anonymous1759(m): 11:53am On Jun 21, 2023
Sad reality Nigerians always complaining we don’t enjoy anything from the government but it’s all fallacy we’ve been enjoying subsidies for a long while from electricity , PMS, education, health etc . You actually don’t value what you’ve until you loose it . Removing of subsidies in power and education will automatically kill the corruption in the system . I feel sad for those who are yet to get their Bsc’s you’ll enjoy quality education at high price unlike some of us who enjoyed low quality at a lower price you can’t eat your cake an have it .

What BAT is doing is what Nigerian past administration should’ve done long time ago . Next line in action NLC should force the NASS assembly to go under minimum wage by protest . The president doesn’t have the power to reduce their salaries. Minimum wage will surely increase BAT is doing well.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Solsix(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2023
thesicilian:
Lol, this brain have been looted kpam kpam. What sacrifice are our politicians making?? Or is it gonna be one sided sacrifice??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Emma513: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2023
thesicilian:

Isn't it interesting that people like you who need good education the most are the ones fighting against the policies intended to make the educational system better?
WE NEED QUALITY EDUCATION. BUT AFTER PAYING HIGH. MONEY NEEDED FOR OTHER INFASTRUCTURE WILL STILL BE EMBAZZLED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND NOTHING TO SHOW

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by anonymous1759(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
Emma513:
WE NEED QUALITY EDUCATION. BUT AFTER PAYING HIGH. MONEY NEEDED FOR OTHER INFASTRUCTURE WILL STILL BE EMBAZZLED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND NOTHING TO SHOW

Don’t think so, private universities don’t go on strike because the students pay high fees which translates to the lectures salaries unlike federal universities where government pay their salaries that’s why they can’t function properly because of the bill Nigerian population is vast .
Students in this Era won’t suffer abuses from lectures again . A lecturer can’t tell a student because you offend me you won’t graduate or I must sleep with you when such student is on loan paying 300k per season. Federal universities will be like private now . Better soup na money kill.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Ohislee(m): 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
thesicilian:

We know that all the money they would realize from school fees increase, subsidy remover, VAT increment, would still be stolen, with nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

Tinubu's government has come to sacrifice the poor. This is no longer about the poor making sacrifices.

What policy has Tinubu created to show sacrifice from the political class??

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Image123(m): 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
CandidAdmin:
Am I seriously going to be living off a loan? Because I'm sure if I take this student loan, it would surely amount to nothing less than 5 million naira by the time I leave school.
God please have mercy.

Food for thought - The people shouting "the loan is not by force" are the ones done with school.
After enjoying subsidized education, they come online to shout "go to ghana"

Check my siggy!

How many years do you intend to spend in school and why the over exaggeration? Even at 200k multiply by 5yeaes is 1million. How did your own become 5million? You have the same mindset as the people who increased the fees. Tinubu didn't increase the fees.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Jostoman: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
MisterBanny:
Nigerians are actually suffering. Only God can help us
it is only God o because we try to help ourselves during last election but Yakubu of Inec no gree.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Jostoman: 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Yakubu see what you have done to us.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by Light777(f): 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by XY23: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
thesicilian:

Another happy slave. FG just approved 28 billion for lawmakers' accommodation. Fuel subsidy gone, tariffs hiked, minimum wage static. What has the government officials sacrificed? The poor in mind always gives reasons in defense of the rich's analogy of why s/he should remain poor.

Sacrifice ko.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by XY23: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
WorldRichest:

Cry, wail, weep.

Go and apply for Students Loan as it is done all over the world. School Fees is about £15,000 in UK and average of $30,000 in US, however the Economic indices are not same as Nigeria

Another happy slave. FG just approved 28 billion for lawmakers' accommodation. Fuel subsidy gone, tariffs hiked, minimum wage static. What has the government officials sacrificed? The poor in mind always gives reasons in defense of the rich's analogy of why s/he should remain poor.

People like you are usually the most devasted casualty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
WorldRichest:

Cry, wail, weep.

It's stupid to be mentioning the UK and US or any other developed country when talking about school fees and loans in Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by danvon(m): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
You haven't even added transportation, housing and food

The sad Truth is most students who graduate with good grades are usually from wealthier backgrounds hence they can afford it, university is not for poor people

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by seborrhic: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
Officially there is still no tution fee in this list here.
Expect tution fee for the least course to be around 500k per session.
So fees alone for a session would in range of ₦800k-₦1.5m for a course.
That is where students loan comes in and that is where they are heading.
Expect to see many people drop out of school,then in 4 years or so time when the damage is discovered,the loan application process would be reviewed but don't expect to see education become affordable any longer with the ways things are going.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Effect: School Fees For A Federal University Now 200k Plus by clockwisereport: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
And school fees of Maduka University is just 378k. I prefer to go to Private University

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Independence Day: Nigeria Is At Crossroads, Says Atiku / EFCC's Budget Slashed: Good Or Bad Sign? / Breaking News:"i Will Never Fund Security Again"--- Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.