Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

“You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) (39272 Views)

Mr Ibu To Daughter: You Are Lucky You Don’t Look Like Me (Video) / Burna Boy, Rema Nominated For BET 2020 Awards / Chef Chi, You Are Lucky You Got Yourself A Fine Man - Davido Tells Chioma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

“You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Naijalarry: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2B0cnbmEI

Bill Gates on Wednesday shared his youngest daughter Phoebe’s excitement over his visit to Nigeria and the possibility of meeting Afrobeats stars Burna Boy and Rema.

Gates recalled the interaction with his 20-year-old while delivering his opening address at an event in Lagos State, ‘Advancing Africa: Unleashing the Power of Youth in Science and Innovation’.

“Of course, being here in Nigeria, I can’t help but mention the amazing creativity that goes on here,” he said.

“Afrobeats from Nigeria are popular everywhere. When my daughter Phoebe heard I was coming to Nigeria, she said, ‘You’re lucky to go see Burna Boy and Rema.’”

The Microsoft co-founder quipped about having to look up the artists “because I’m so hip,” which generated laughs from the audience of young students and innovators.

“But I also remember, the last time I was here, I did get to see Davido and Wizkid perform and I was quite impressed with that. So, my kids think I’ve come to a very hip place,” he added.

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/21/youre-lucky-to-go-see-burna-boy-rema-bill-gates-shares-daughters-reaction-to-nigeria-visit/

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nigerian Artists are working hard polishing the country's image on the world map but her politicians are doing the opposite tarnishing it.

What a disgraceful bunch of National Maguires!.

283 Likes 16 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by slawomir: 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Burna my niggar

Na rema global recognition dey shock me

That rema is recognised worldwide
How he take happen I nor just understand

He clear say if God blow your whistle even if you nor see jersey wear say na wrapper you tie you go Play for the match

352 Likes 32 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
Enticing words.
When they want to penetrate Africa, they use enticing words to make Africans feel good and relevant.

I won't even be surprised to know that he and his daughter never discussed about Burna and Rema.

Allisgud:
the question is,is burna boy and rema not global are they not worth hyping

Of course. And we don't need them to tell us that.

Rather, the questions (we should ask ourselves) should be do we need their validations?
Do we need them to tell us our worth?
What is the motive behind the "sweet words"?
Are we about to be exploited?
What do they stand to gain?

We should not allow ourselves to get carried away by enticing words.
We should always question their intentions.
It's bad enough that they believe Africans are dumb.

197 Likes 20 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by mymadam(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
mariahAngel:
Enticing words.

I won't even be surprised to know that he and his daughter never discussed about Burna and Rema.

🤣🤣🤣

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Leopoldm: 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
💯💯

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
Rema`s jazzman is potent!

That guys music has become an international anthem.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Wawelexy(m): 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
Mumu daughter.... Abi Burna and Rema will be lucky to see Bill Gates

38 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Ihateheadslamer: 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Burna Boy and Rema are bigger than Buhari and emefile tongue

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Ihateheadslamer: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
You are jealous cheesy
Wawelexy:

2 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by emperor4love(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
So he no go c davido

2 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
🇳🇬 Naija to the world

3 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by DonBenny77(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Burna my niggar

Na rema global recognition dey shock me

That rema is recognised worldwide
It's the Dons impact. He has been working to get his own "wizkid" for so long....

12 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Afrobeats from Nigeria are popular everywhere. When my daughter Phoebe heard I was coming to Nigeria, she said, ‘You’re lucky to go see Burna Boy and Rema.’”

“But I also remember, the last time I was here, I did get to see Davido and Wizkid perform and I was quite impressed with that. So, my kids think I’ve come to a very hip place,” he added

Lol 😃.
NAIJA TO DA WOLRD.

Thanks for putting our country in positive light out there guys.

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 🙏

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Wawelexy:
Ignorance is not a disease,
It's something worse.

Readers will know the real mumu between you and the 20 year old girl.
Shame on you.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by jamalnation(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
New cats

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Macdeey: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
grin

Bill Gates daughter dey Whine me ni undecided undecided lipsrsealed

13 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by PussyKing(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
Rema is now bigger than Wizkid cool

9 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by obaidan: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
Burna's new cat status confirmed

5 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Dshocker(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
Rema should shoot his shot on his daughter Phoebe.

11 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by officialwdhtv: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nice one...

Watch the full video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuepum9LU2c
Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Jaraload: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
grin
Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
PussyKing:
Rema is now bigger than Wizkid cool
Every dog has its day 🐕

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by AImiron: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
The new cats.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
Dshocker:
Hmmmmmm, opportunity comes but once shey?!
But unfortunately for Rema,
Phoebe is already dating a cute young black dude.....

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Pandev(m): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
Odogwu cool

1 Like

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Oyikoha(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
Gates are one of African’s enemies….
Here to loot only

7 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by AImiron: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
Dshocker:
be calming down, no be so dem dey shoot gun, na Billy's daughter not some random ladies. If dem give u gun shey u go shoot tha kind shot, besides he no lack boories boobbies

2 Likes

Re: “You Are Lucky You Will See Burna Boy & Rema”, Daughter Tells Bill Gates (Video) by Thomasankara(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
[/color]you get it right,very manipulative set of people[color=#770077]
mariahAngel:
Enticing words.
When they want to penetrate Africa, they use enticing words to make Africans feel good and relevant.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalander Poses With Tuface And Ifeanyi Udeze / Ben Bruce Reacts To Wizkid's MOBO 2017 Award & Beating Jay Z & Drake / Kim Kardashian Racist Joke About Her Kid In 2012 Tweet Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.