Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (17917 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Forex Transactions On Investors & Exporters Window Hit $7.62bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by phr0nesis(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
Wow
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Streetdoctor: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2023
sotall:
cool

Bulaba is working...

He is actually continuing from where bubu stopped.

By the time Bulaba is finished with Nigeria, dollar will become 1500 naira and as usual agbadorians will be singing his praise.
I just took a walk around d hood and streetdoctor, mehnnnn nothing I mean absolutely nothing is working. See how people were folding their hands as if Nigerian is mourning one great man that just died.
It is finished

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Streetdoctor: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
sthecy:
Tinubu is no different from Buhari….. Mark my words
What do u expect drug baron to do, perform magic?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
hopexter:
Is it just me or what, I don’t understand this Naira decrease/dropping and increase
the lesser the demand for dollar by Nigerias in our fx market the higher the value of naira and vice versa.

Just like the price of garri in an open market. If no one comes to buy garri and the sellers are much, sellers would naturally reduce the price of the garri to any potential buyer. But this is not always the rule all the time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by docsholz(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
These man's policies will only make the rich richer and the poor poorer

3 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by hopexter(m): 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
franciskaine:
the lesser the demand for dollar by Nigerias in our fx market the higher the value of naira and vice versa.

Just like the price of garri in an open market. If no one comes to buy garri and the sellers are much, sellers would naturally reduce the price of the garri to any potential buyer. But this is not always the rule all the time.

Thank you very much. Now that is lowered, does that mean it is floating?
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by scally11: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nigerians are the most st....d people on earth. Before the removal of subsidy on petrol they already removed on diesel, gas, kerosene and what did they do with the money? Ur guess is as good as mine. This past few days they have been hailing tinubu as the best thing after macdonalds while students are crying now. No forex for school fees. We tell them before, tinubu go tax poor to pay rich. While some people go dey shout on your mandate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Nolevel666: 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobicove:

That's what it means for the currency to be on free float
Na bad thing if e float come down?

Must it be floating up always?

Those who buy things in foreign currencies will understand

What one used to buy for 4500 before buhari and his cbn governor imposed restrictions on domestic card payments is now 8000+

Only those earning in foreign currencies will enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Tianamen1: 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nigerians love effizy too much so that no economic progress can be made.
Taxing houses, cars, clothes, and phones is the easiest way to stabilise the Naira. Tax things that are imported that are not necessary. If a family has two cars, they should pay a small tax. Once the family buys a third car, that third car should be taxed heavily. Every additional car should be taxed at a higher rate. The same goes for houses. So far, a house is not a rental. Every additional house must be taxed heavily.

Tax revenues must then be used on basic education, housing, or healthcare for everyday Nigerians.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Streetdoctor: 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
hopexter:

Auntie you have no words to mark. Tinubu will be better than all the presidents you’ve grown up to know, watch and see undecided
Lolssssss, what do u know about economy and markup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by hopexter(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Lolssssss, what do u know about economy and markup

You know yet you said rubbish😌
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by stanluiz(m): 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
That's why IMF president was hailing Tinubu for officially devaluing the naira.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Gbogbowa: 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
datola:
It's not really how much Naira exchanges for Dollar that matters. What's important is everybody getting it at the same rate.

Strong Naira is not desirable for an economy that does not export much things.

Most ignorant Nigerians want to consume only imported goods and yet want strong Naira. Ko le work!

dollar to naira is going to be stable between 800 and 850 and nothing will change until fuel importation stop even Dangote has lost his position as Richest man in Africa

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Snitch24(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
I still don't understand why the cbn website says otherwise
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by pquaver(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
chatinent:
All the policies thus far have been a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing poverty.

During Jona's administration, when the exchange rate was ₦119 to a dollar, all hell broke loose. Now it costs an arm and a leg.

I heard they were selling a new lease on life but the penury-stricken was only mandated to stand on existing manadates gidigban. There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for the corrupt political class....while for the masses? Dem never see torch sef.

No dice. Our federalism, which was already burning a hole in our pockets, has now gone and added insult to injury by giving a whopping 100% raise to the executives and judiciary, not to mention a selected few legislators who were also included in the gravy train. The subsidy removal came without any backup plan such as raising the minimum wage, leaving us high and dry.

We are fools. But we are happy we are fools who can fool other fools. The minimum wage should be a fair shake, not chicken feed. It should be a decent chunk of change, not peanuts. It's time to pay people what they're worth, not shortchange them. A minimum wage of ₦150k would be a game-changer, not small potatoes of ₦30k. Who even pay!

While the masses? Still suffering and keep shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" while suffering and searching for Twitter giveaways. Keep of standing gidigban and swallow the issues you have when Nigeria happens to you, my good man.

It seems that the ongoing push for a particular candidate in Nigeria based on tribal affiliations is bearing rotten fruit for the nation when the tree hasn't even started growing.

All this long lamentations because we no vote obi.. Get it into your thick skull.. Obi is theworst of them all..
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Gbogbowa: 7:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
franciskaine:

the naira will continue to fall as long as we are import dependent most of our building materials, supermarket items ,tools and machine including fuel are imported so no relief for the naira

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Streetdoctor: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
hopexter:

You know yet you said rubbish😌
I deal in figures and facts and whenever I see someone that knows about economy I will know. Tinubu does not know anything about economy, he only relies on people which does not go well as a president of Nigeria and coupled with the facts that he met a dead economy
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Image123(m): 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's expected in free float. Only an ignorant person will expect an immediate drastic and permanent reduction.
What should be expected even is a shooting up first, then slowly coming down in months till it settles around 450 to 650. Then if our economy, infrastructure, security and jobs continue to see steady improvement. It should come down much further in years.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Blaze14k: 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tianamen1:
Nigerians love effizy too much so that no economic progress can be made.
Taxing houses, cars, clothes, and phones is the easiest way to stabilise the Naira. Tax things that are imported that are not necessary. If a family has two cars, they should pay a small tax. Once the family buys a third car, that third car should be taxed heavily. Every additional car should be taxed at a higher rate. The same goes for houses. So far, a house is not a rental. Every additional house must be taxed heavily.

Tax revenues must then be used on basic education, housing, or healthcare for everyday Nigerians.

Bro you sound like you angry with those that drive cars. What's up wiv the tax tin?

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Vlibray: 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
SmartPolician:
Bola Tinubu should start now to diversify our economy if he really wants naira to pick up! Buhari sang that song for 8 years and achieved nothing in the end. Perhaps they should encourage more foreign companies to come into Nigeria and harness our gas reserves. The world needs a lot of natural gas supply at the moment.

Remove all the export barriers so that ordinary Nigerian farmers can start exporting foodstuff to other countries.
He needs to think of ways to increase the country's FX earnings. Until then, the best thing that can happen to naira is to appreciate by #50 - 100 against the USD. Let's not forget that things can get a lot worse if care is not taken and naira will hit #1k against the USD1.

yes, but where are the agricultural produce ?. We need to up production first
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Beverlyjean(f): 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
They said dropped " SLIGHTLY " ... propaganda regime...una go hear am

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Ofunaofu: 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
Let the poor breathe..........don't suffocate them
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Tianamen1: 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bro you sound like you angry with those that drive cars. What's up wiv the tax tin?

I am only trying to help. I left Nigeria in November 2021. I am in the process of getting my green card now. I still love my country of origin and want the best for it.

ps

I predicted all that is happening as early as 2016 and started proffering my solution then.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by bitbillionaire: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
stanluiz:
That's why IMF president was hailing Tinubu for officially devaluing the naira.

Of course, IMF, World Bank and co are very happy with Tinubu for making Naira fall drastically through the so called floating. Because that simply means the interest Nigeria is going to pay on all her foreign debt will skyrocket!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by condralbedez: 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
sthecy:
Tinubu is no different from Buhari….. Mark my words
Tinubu might be worst than Bunari, mark my words

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by chatinent: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2023
pquaver:

All this long lamentations because we no vote obi.. Get it into your thick skull.. Obi is theworst of them all..

I didn't mention Obi, uncle.

Obi is a terrible politician.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by easytig(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
God bless you 🙏 chatinent,you summed It all up,things are gradually falling apart,it's just a matter of time for corruption to finally kill Nigeria.
chatinent:
Fingers crossed..

All the policies thus far have been a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing poverty.

During Jona's administration, when the exchange rate was ₦119 to a dollar, all hell broke loose. Satan had to rent a place in the outskirts of hell. Now it costs an arm and a leg to buy fuel and we call it a renewed hope! Wow! We are really developing backwards! The ironies in the “change“ they preached were real!

I told y’all that it shouldn't be all about tribalism during elections but every tribes went for na my brother, na my brother. Now see am, your brother no give a flying f about you im (unknown abi adopted) brother. Joke on you. Lol.

I heard they were selling a new lease on life but the penury-stricken was only mandated to stand on existing mandates gidigban. Are you still standing abi you say make you sit down small? 😁 There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for the corrupt political class....while for the masses? Dem never see torch sef.

No dice. Our federalism, which was already burning a hole in our pockets, has now gone and added insult to injury by giving a whopping 100% raise to the executives and judiciary, not to mention a selected few legislators who were also included in the gravy train. The subsidy removal came without any backup plan such as raising the minimum wage, leaving us high and dry.

We are fools. We are like pawns always watching being checkmated. We are puppets. We are placed in the stage light for the bourgeoisies to merry and have a good day! Do we have a choice? Nay! We are educated but yet illiterate. I am happy to be a fool too; a fool who recognised the tomfoolery. Some grew wise in their foolishness. They are happy they are fools who can fool other fools. A tale of many fools fighting for those who fool them! Dear foolish Mufasa!😁

My suggestion is an increment of the minimum wage. Abi? Since we are all in for this death sentence of a country! Ngwa, fair Chatinent, pray tell! 😊 The minimum wage should be a fair shake, not chicken feed. It should be a decent chunk of change, not peanuts. It's time to pay people what they're worth, not shortchange them. A minimum wage of ₦150k would be a game-changer, not small potatoes of ₦30k. Who even pay!

While the masses? Still suffering and keep shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" while suffering and searching for Twitter giveaways. Keep on standing gidigban and swallow the issues you have when Nigeria happens to you, my good man.

I just also remembered Fela. Now think of this...if by then Fela was preaching against bad governance...I mean then ooo...some 25 years ago, now imagine yourself shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" and how not-mad people see you. 😁 Joke on me.

Even if you decide to be wicked, be wicked responsibly naw. Which one bi say you wicked and you wan wicked beautiful unborn kids of yours?

Well...

It seems that the ongoing push for a particular candidate in Nigeria based on tribal affiliations is bearing rotten fruit for the nation when the tree hasn't even started growing.

The truth is all they said were lies. I just discovered that you and I will suffer together, my good man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
Gbogbowa:
the naira will continue to fall as long as we are import dependent most of our building materials, supermarket items ,tools and machine including fuel are imported so no relief for the naira
ain't taking brief for the policy either, as I'm not a fan of this recent govt. Just explaining the policy in simple terms.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by isArray: 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
datola:
It's not really how much Naira exchanges for Dollar that matters. What's important is everybody getting it at the same rate.

Strong Naira is not desirable for an economy that does not export much things.

Most ignorant Nigerians want to consume only imported goods and yet want strong Naira. Ko le work!

I don't think everyone can seamlessly get it at the same rate from a bank, except it is sufficient, but the black market will always be available at a higher rate

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
hopexter:

Thank you very much. Now that is lowered, does that mean it is floating?
it's floating because no one fixes the price again. If the demand for dollar is so high that d sellers choose to sell for #2000, you and I will have no choice.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by easytig(m): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
I walked round the hood and a ram seller told me he has sold only one ram at a loss out of the sixteen he brought from the north.all his customers the previous years are no where to be found.people price his rams,and just walk away with renewed hopelessness
Streetdoctor:

I just took a walk around d hood and streetdoctor, mehnnnn nothing I mean absolutely nothing is working. See how people were folding their hands as if Nigerian is mourning one great man that just died.
It is finished

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Blaze14k: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tianamen1:

I am only trying to help. I left Nigeria in November 2021. I am in the process of getting my green card now. I still love my country of origin and want the best for it.

ps

I predicted all that is happening as early as 2016 and started proffering my solution then.

Don't you think before the president tax people that drive cars he should build alternative means of transportation like train stations. I believe the country u live in have the necessary infrastructure to make your life easier. We spend more and earn less.. I believe he should make the country more productive to balance economy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sujimoto Boss, Ogundele Emerges Vanguard Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020 / Chinese Auto Company Shaanxi To Assemble Trucks In Enugu:buys ANAMMCO / My Salesboy Is Eating My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.