Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (17932 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Forex Transactions On Investors & Exporters Window Hit $7.62bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by okuta007: 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
routed:

It will be rain of abundance and renewal.

dey play

you think say na who shout

I receive it pass for Shiloh dey be billionaire?

your mumu don reach PhD level
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Seun(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
HNICEARTH:
Dey play!
Tinubunomics let the naira breeef
Disturbing.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by blackgold2018(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
drlaykay:
This isn't "slightly".
Although we expect it to take time before the effect will be fully felt.
This daily updates isn't doing much.

idiot.. fool. The government is still deceiving you
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by routed: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2023
okuta007:

dey play

you think say na who shout

I receive it pass for Shiloh dey be billionaire?

your mumu don reach PhD level
Your ignorance is out of this world. I'm here talking about fact on ground not emotions like you .
Your level of knowledge, may be education makes you sound the way you do.

Do you even understand what's going on in the economy, to start with, I doubt you do? Empty brain result to insults in intellectual discussion
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
APC! Let the poor breafe stop suffocating them with corruption
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by pquaver(m): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
Crvrider:

You're judging someone that is not your president, on what ground? Remind me again as at today where your president is?

I am judging obi with his anambra scorecard.. Dide os a failure personified
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Kay25(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
chatinent:
Fingers crossed..

All the policies thus far have been a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing poverty.

During Jona's administration, when the exchange rate was ₦119 to a dollar, all hell broke loose. Satan had to rent a place in the outskirts of hell. Now it costs an arm and a leg to buy fuel and we call it a renewed hope! Wow! We are really developing backwards! The ironies in the “change“ they preached were real!

I told y’all that it shouldn't be all about tribalism during elections but every tribes went for na my brother, na my brother. Now see am, your brother no give a flying f about you im (unknown abi adopted) brother. Joke on you. Lol.

I heard they were selling a new lease on life but the penury-stricken was only mandated to stand on existing mandates gidigban while other are looking for stolen mandates. Are you still standing abi you say make you sit down small? 😁 There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for the corrupt political class....while for the masses? Dem never see torch sef.

No dice. Our federalism, which was already burning a hole in our pockets, has now gone and added insult to injury by giving a whopping 100% raise to the executives and judiciary, not to mention a selected few legislators who were also included in the gravy train. The subsidy removal came without any backup plan such as raising the minimum wage, leaving us high and dry.

We are fools. We are like pawns always watching being checkmated. We are puppets. We are placed in the stage light for the bourgeoisies to merry and have a good day! Do we have a choice? Nay! We are educated but yet illiterate. I am happy to be a fool too; a fool who recognised the tomfoolery. Some grew wise in their foolishness. They are happy they are fools who can fool other fools. A tale of many fools fighting for those who fool them! Dear foolish Mufasa!😁

My suggestion is an increment of the minimum wage. Abi? Since we are all in for this death sentence of a country! Ngwa, fair Chatinent, pray tell! 😊 The minimum wage should be a fair shake, not chicken feed. It should be a decent chunk of change, not peanuts. It's time to pay people what they're worth, not shortchange them. A minimum wage of ₦150k would be a game-changer, not small potatoes of ₦30k. Who even pay!

While the masses? Still suffering and keep shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" while suffering and searching for Twitter giveaways. Keep on standing gidigban and swallow the issues you have when Nigeria happens to you, my good man.

I just also remembered Fela. Now think of this...if by then Fela was preaching against bad governance...I mean then ooo...some 25 years ago, now imagine yourself shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" and how not-mad people see you. 😁 Joke on me.

Even if you decide to be wicked, be wicked responsibly naw. Which one bi say you wicked and you wan wicked beautiful unborn kids of yours?

Well...

It seems that the ongoing push for a particular candidate in Nigeria based on tribal affiliations is bearing rotten fruit for the nation when the tree hasn't even started growing.

The truth is all they said were lies. I just discovered that you and I will suffer together, my good man.

Forget all dis cap even if obi has won it would still be the same thing even worst of it
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by routed: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
blackgold2018:
People like you are the one deceiving yourself, all you need do is to watch the market inorder to plan your business and investment portfolio as things unfold. Sorry, do you even have investments?

I have been trading N/$ at least twice every week since the new CBN policies on exchange rate.

I understand what is unfolding, the market is full of excitement and caution right now.

E lo fokan bale!!!
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by KingDash09(m): 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
We like him like that.. y’all hate too much
sthecy:
Tinubu is no different from Buhari….. Mark my words
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by fergieboy: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
Renewed shege
What we have here is too many hands chasing few dollars

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by NUJABEZ: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
lexy2014:

What are those "pressing and capital matters"?

Is it because of money used in propping up the naira that there's no money to invest in "pressing and capital matters"?

Isn't it this same APC that told nigerians that N200 was too high for a dollar?

You don't have to bark all the time.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
adioolayi:

I agree, the more the demand, the higher the price...

The other part you failed to mention is where you have price equilibrium...where higher demand will not increase the price, because there is a balance of supply. This is also basic Economics. .

When this is achieved, those that truly needs FX for importations, foreign investors that wants to repatriate their profits and other genuine cause like traveling, international school fees and all will be the ones in FX market...while those FX trading speculators will leave the market.... gradually..these together with other economic policies that attracts investors that will bring more FX into the country will ensure supply is even more than demand..and this will ultimately begin to strengthen the Naira against the dollar

As long as the demand for dollar is high, the naira will keep falling. You are forgetting that the dollar is actually a scarce currency due to international demands. No one will carry billions of dollars to flood the market.

So you can't have an equilibrium.

You can't fix the situation with policies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by blackgold2018(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
routed:

People like you are the one deceiving yourself, all you need do is to watch the market inorder to plan your business and investment portfolio as things unfold. Sorry, do you even have investments?

I have been trading N/$ at least twice every week since the new CBN policies on exchange rate.

I understand what is unfolding, the market is full of excitement and caution right now.

E lo fokan bale!!!

fool
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tianamen1:

It is challenging to boost productivity. Nigeria needs years of investment in basic education to catch up. We need to focus on reducing expenditures first.
Your last statement is highly foolish.

Explain to me O smart one how you can tax your way out imof economic crisis.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Curvinus(m): 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tianamen1:

It is challenging to boost productivity. Nigeria needs years of investment in basic education to catch up. We need to focus on reducing expenditures first.
Your last statement is highly foolish.

No he's actually right on his last point. Taxation is not a silver bullet as some of you want to believe. Instead you'll end up cutting open and bleeding out the arteries that run the economy.

The private sector at present provide their own generators, security, water supply, healthcare and you still want to tax them out of business. that would be more of punishment than taxation and people would also get wiser and start cooking up the books, leading to drop in tax revenue.

Don't also forget that these businesses do not even have any recourse or a form of bailout in the event that things go bad. But all you can think of is tax, tax tax.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by LeyeWrites: 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
ChristineC:
slightly indeed.
keep playing.
the naira is dead.
you will soon be buying one tuber of yam for 10k.
May you be unfortunate as you wish Nigerians to be unfortunate.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by routed: 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2023
fergieboy:
Renewed shege
What we have here is too many hands chasing few dollars
Which too many hands are chasing dollars? You know next to nothing about events in i&e windows. There were so much undesirable pressure on naira before now, this was because the value of the exchange rate is artificial. Now, naira is finding its real value.

A case study: I have a friend based abroad paying his child school fees who is also based abroad. Before paying the child school fees, he'll send dollar to Nigeria and exchange it in black market and put the naira in his naira account in Nigeria and apply for dollar in CBN through Form A.

Now the friend resolved to pay in Dollar because their is no difference now. On his side, the subsidy Nigeria pay on his child school fees is done with. This will affect thousands of parents including me who have been exploiting some of these loopholes before this policies.

Don't let your hatred for this government make you loose opportunity to make wealth in real economy of this moment. Think out of the box or without box. Stop being bitter, this is opportunity for you to make real wealth in emerging Nigeria real economy.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by drlaykay(m): 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
blackgold2018:
Why are you guys so uncultured?
Can you dare say this to me when you meet me in person?
Why can't you be civil and address people with contrary opinions with respect or simply stroll past their comments.
Even the British government, world bank, renowned economics worldwide who applauded the policies are fools right?
And you are the only sensible ones. Even Peter Obi that I'm sure your support proposed the same thing during his campaign.
Why can't you guys just look beyond political affiliations, tribe, hatred and purge yourself of every bile you have accumulated internally.

And please work hard and do good for yourself. Success comes with some form of civility. A successful man won't address someone else this way. Work hard.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by blackgold2018(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
drlaykay:

Why can't you be civil and address people with contrary opinions with respect or simply stroll past their comments.
Even the British government, world bank, renowned economics worldwide who applauded the policies are fools right?
And you are the only sensible ones. Even Peter Obi that I'm sure your support proposed the same thing during his campaign.
Why can't you guys just look beyond political affiliations, tribe, hatred and purge yourself of every bile you have accumulated internally.

And please work hard and do good for yourself. Success comes with some form of civility. A successful man won't address someone else this way. Work hard.
how dare you.. @can I say this to you in person Statement

What a hell. I really hate fools like you. With nonsense pride.

A rich sensible man will never go on “do you know who I am” statement.

God punish you there. Someone that I’ll even be more richer and comfortable than.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Tianamen1: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Curvinus:

No he's actually right on his last point. Taxation is not a silver bullet as some of you want to believe. Instead you'll end up cutting open and bleeding out the arteries that run the economy.

The private sector at present provide their own generators, security, water supply, healthcare and you still want to tax them out of business. that would be more of punishment than taxation and people would also get wiser and start cooking up the books, leading to drop in tax revenue.

Don't also forget that these businesses do not even have any recourse or a form of bailout in the event that things go bad. But all you can think of is tax, tax tax.

Please show me where I have ever mentioned taxing businesses.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by routed: 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
drlaykay:

Thank you my brother. We love them, the reason we want them to see the lightening hope in the economy direction that people all over the world are jostling for, the edge fund investors abroad are waiting to see naira stability before pumping greenback into the window, some bitter souls are talking about dollar chasing naira or whatever. Is your naira or dollar among the chaser, be involve, this is opportunity right in your nose.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Streetdoctor: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
routed:
please explain what you know about this monetary policies decisions by the PBAT. I'm an economist, we are happy about what is going on with naira at the I&E window.
As a self aclaimed economist, what should be d priority of a sensible govt right now?
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by routed: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tianamen1:

Ask them how much tax they have paid this year. For their information , for you to process your Form A with CBN now, you must present 3 years tax certificate.
We are all bleeding the economy, we want healthy economy but don't want to pay their dues.

Because we don't want to talk or respond to their gutter-bitter vomit, they feel they have point or reasonable. Uneducated feeling enlightened people.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Curvinus(m): 10:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tianamen1:

The poster said, "you can't tax your way out of an economic crisis" to which you replied that his last comment was foolish.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by routed: 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
Streetdoctor:

As a self aclaimed economist, what should be d priority of a sensible govt right now?

The priority of a sensible govt now, my brother, is to strengthen her Monetary and Fiscal policies, take control of his government, save all the deathly subsidies funds and role out an unprecedented social welfare and job target infrastructure expansions in the coming supplementary budget.

Please, read about the economy miracles of S/Korea, Chinese, Singapore and likes, the beginning was deadly and tougher than what you can imagine.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Curvinus(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
routed:
Ask them how much tax they have paid this year. For their information , for you to process your Form A with CBN now, you must present 3 years tax certificate.
We are all bleeding the economy, we want healthy economy but don't want to pay their dues.

Because we don't want to talk or respond to their gutter-bitter vomit, they feel they have point or reasonable. Uneducated feeling enlightened people.

You need to understand that job creation has to come before taxation except you want to tax unemployed people. And by job creation, I don't mean those fleeting kind of conjured jobs or disguised welfare measures that govt uses to buy time and deceive gullible people. I'm talking about real jobs which comes as a result of a level playing environment where the private sector thrives.

Unfortunately in this country, government sees job creation as some sort of fanciful thought or personal goodness and not actually the leg on which government stands. There must be twice as much emphasis on job creation than there is on taxation.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Streetdoctor: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
routed:

The priority of a sensible govt now, my brother, is to strengthen her Monetary and Fiscal policies, take control of his government, save all the deathly subsidies funds and role out an unprecedented social welfare and job target infrastructure expansions in the coming supplementary budget.
U hinted on d economic aspect of it which is one of d top priority of a sensible govt, but right now, d present govt is just opposite of it, when u dish out some monetary policies, u hv to factor d less privileged, d poor, d underemployed and d unemployed ones. But here we are, no measures are being put in place for d poor masses.
So tell me how dis present govt is getting it right. Anything that does not favour d poor masses A Bit is just nonsense.
Tell me how inflation started under APC, and how cost of living skyrocketed? And it keeps going up and up. I want to learn bcs I'm into d field
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by slymansun: 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hahaha. I just dey laugh small small.
Where are all the Agbadorians?
Las Las , na all of us go suffer arm.

Mark my words, Tinubu came to finish off whatever that is left of Nigeria.
The drug baron has increased salary by 114% for himself and his fellow polithiefcians while making life hell on earth for the common man.

Once again, I dey laugh small small
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by drlaykay(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
blackgold2018:
how dare you.. @can I say this to you in person Statement

What a hell. I really hate fools like you. With nonsense pride.

A rich sensible man will never go on “do you know who I am” statement.

God punish you there. Someone that I’ll even be more richer and comfortable than.

Don't let me continue to kindle you with attention. I will only advise that you work hard and be successful, Many years later come back here and thank me when you become a better person. Again let me remind you, not everyone is a lowlife.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by docsholz(m): 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2023
routed:
Majority of you guys wishing doom on your nation are ignorant. While we await.
Mind you guys, the volume of trade at I&E window is less that $100 million till date. The policy makers are watching while the investors are jostling to inject greenback into the economy. Again, the government is yet to inject greenback. In few weeks from now, the economy activities will strengthen naira to ride the rate below N600/$.

All of these doomsday analysts know nothing about Monetary and Fiscal Policies.

All they hope for is to see their country and her leadership fail.

I'll quote you in a few weeks, pls don't delete it
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Pipefitter: 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Seun... I don't know where you get your updates... Dollar now is over 800 naira
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Tianamen1: 10:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Explain to me, O smart one, how you can tax your way out of an economic crisis.

Taxes are used to reduce the demand for foreign goods. This helps maintain the value of a country's currency. If taxes a put on imports, people will have less Naira to use to chase the Dollar, thus strengthening the Naira.

Electricity is a main hindrance to Nigeria's industrialization. For the past 15 years, Nigeria has been trying to implement a MYTO policy to gradually increase the unit price of electricity to meet market realities. This has been a complete failure because the Naira keeps losing value.

Nigerians always want to blame people or things for the collective failures of Nigerians. We will blame Emefiele. We will blame Buhari. The reality is that our consumption of foreign goods is why our Naira keeps losing value.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now / BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online / Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.