Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (17865 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Forex Transactions On Investors & Exporters Window Hit $7.62bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by lexy2014: 3:44am On Jun 22, 2023
NUJABEZ:

You don't have to bark all the time.

is that a simple way of saying you cant answer the questions?

What are those "pressing and capital matters"?

Is it because of money used in propping up the naira that there's no money to invest in "pressing and capital matters"?

Isn't it this same APC that told nigerians that N200 was too high for a dollar?
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by bigcasava1(m): 4:39am On Jun 22, 2023
SmartPolician:
Bola Tinubu should start now to diversify our economy if he really wants naira to pick up! Buhari sang that song for 8 years and achieved nothing in the end. Perhaps they should encourage more foreign companies to come into Nigeria and harness our gas reserves. The world needs a lot of natural gas supply at the moment.

Remove all the export barriers so that ordinary Nigerian farmers can start exporting foodstuff to other countries. He needs to think of ways to increase the country's FX earnings. Until then, the best thing that can happen to naira is to appreciate by #50 - 100 against the USD. Let's not forget that things can get a lot worse if care is not taken and naira will hit #1k against the USD1.
keep dreaming, oh so you are among those who taught BAT has to work? Wait until when he finally convert Nigeria to his personal property just like he did to Lagos.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by austinleo78(m): 5:38am On Jun 22, 2023
franciskaine:
the lesser the demand for dollar by Nigerias in our fx market the higher the value of naira and vice versa.

Just like the price of garri in an open market. If no one comes to buy garri and the sellers are much, sellers would naturally reduce the price of the garri to any potential buyer. But this is not always the rule all the time.
now the problem is, there will always be demand for dollar, which means it'd just keep rising .
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Reference(m): 5:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Seun, make this a daily habit so we can plan properly and move smoothly. Had to go through the rigour of unblocking trapped funds in the old window with some banks still sitting on their hands claiming to be waiting for directives while trading with customers funds. So pathetic.

For now I just make do with private international currency swaps till the whole thing settles.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Reference(m): 5:56am On Jun 22, 2023
Nolevel666:

Na bad thing if e float come down?

Must it be floating up always?

Those who buy things in foreign currencies will understand

What one used to buy for 4500 before buhari and his cbn governor imposed restrictions on domestic card payments is now 8000+

Only those earning in foreign currencies will enjoy it.

Hahaha...laugh wan kill me... grin
Float get different type oh.
You fit float ontop mattress aka water bed, you for float for river if you wear life jacket, and you fit float for air like leaf wey breeze blow..... me I no know which one naira come dey.....hahahaha... grin
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Reference(m): 6:19am On Jun 22, 2023
austinleo78:
now the problem is, there will always be demand for dollar, which means it'd just keep rising .

This is the reality. Life should be hard for people that don't make.much but consume a lot. It is the law of nature.

Nigerians have been eating their future for 60 years, squandering their inheritance (oil) on 'riotous living' and now that it is becoming worthless, like the prodigal son are coming to their senses, or shall I say, facing the realities their counterparts in saner climes face.

The reaction our people should have is to rebel against those that want to remain in squandermania, while the ordinary man faces reality.

This is where me I have a problem with Nigerians, they still cannot speak up against their oppressors, they still worship them while they suffer, they cannot demand.for the equitable sharing of the sacrifices.

My fear is that a violent, destructive uprising will become inevitable if stern advocacy for a equitable and just society is not possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Khyrvxjzy: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2023
chatinent:
Fingers crossed..

All the policies thus far have been a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing poverty.

During Jona's administration, when the exchange rate was ₦119 to a dollar, all hell broke loose. Satan had to rent a place in the outskirts of hell. Now it costs an arm and a leg to buy fuel and we call it a renewed hope! Wow! We are really developing backwards! The ironies in the “change“ they preached were real!

I told y’all that it shouldn't be all about tribalism during elections but every tribes went for na my brother, na my brother. Now see am, your brother no give a flying f about you im (unknown abi adopted) brother. Joke on you. Lol.

I heard they were selling a new lease on life but the penury-stricken was only mandated to stand on existing mandates gidigban while other are looking for stolen mandates. Are you still standing abi you say make you sit down small? 😁 There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for the corrupt political class....while for the masses? Dem never see torch sef.

No dice. Our federalism, which was already burning a hole in our pockets, has now gone and added insult to injury by giving a whopping 100% raise to the executives and judiciary, not to mention a selected few legislators who were also included in the gravy train. The subsidy removal came without any backup plan such as raising the minimum wage, leaving us high and dry.

We are fools. We are like pawns always watching being checkmated. We are puppets. We are placed in the stage light for the bourgeoisies to merry and have a good day! Do we have a choice? Nay! We are educated but yet illiterate. I am happy to be a fool too; a fool who recognised the tomfoolery. Some grew wise in their foolishness. They are happy they are fools who can fool other fools. A tale of many fools fighting for those who fool them! Dear foolish Mufasa!😁

My suggestion is an increment of the minimum wage. Abi? Since we are all in for this death sentence of a country! Ngwa, fair Chatinent, pray tell! 😊 The minimum wage should be a fair shake, not chicken feed. It should be a decent chunk of change, not peanuts. It's time to pay people what they're worth, not shortchange them. A minimum wage of ₦150k would be a game-changer, not small potatoes of ₦30k. Who even pay!

While the masses? Still suffering and keep shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" while suffering and searching for Twitter giveaways. Keep on standing gidigban and swallow the issues you have when Nigeria happens to you, my good man.

I just also remembered Fela. Now think of this...if by then Fela was preaching against bad governance...I mean then ooo...some 25 years ago, now imagine yourself shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" and how not-mad people see you. 😁 Joke on me.

Even if you decide to be wicked, be wicked responsibly naw. Which one bi say you wicked and you wan wicked beautiful unborn kids of yours?

Well...

It seems that the ongoing push for a particular candidate in Nigeria based on tribal affiliations is bearing rotten fruit for the nation when the tree hasn't even started growing.

The truth is all they said were lies. I just discovered that you and I will suffer together, my good man.

u said well sir, but please dont talk about candidate, if the people chose suffering. that is their choice.

opinion people dont want to hear is all politician are bad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Khyrvxjzy: 6:43am On Jun 22, 2023
sotall:
cool

Bulaba is working...

He is actually continuing from where bubu stopped.

By the time Bulaba is finished with Nigeria, dollar will become 1500 naira and as usual agbadorians will be singing his praise.

i smell hate
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by clinician2x: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2023
chatinent:
Fingers crossed..

All the policies thus far have been a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing poverty.

During Jona's administration, when the exchange rate was ₦119 to a dollar, all hell broke loose. Satan had to rent a place in the outskirts of hell. Now it costs an arm and a leg to buy fuel and we call it a renewed hope! Wow! We are really developing backwards! The ironies in the “change“ they preached were real!

I told y’all that it shouldn't be all about tribalism during elections but every tribes went for na my brother, na my brother. Now see am, your brother no give a flying f about you im (unknown abi adopted) brother. Joke on you. Lol.

I heard they were selling a new lease on life but the penury-stricken was only mandated to stand on existing mandates gidigban while other are looking for stolen mandates. Are you still standing abi you say make you sit down small? 😁 There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for the corrupt political class....while for the masses? Dem never see torch sef.

No dice. Our federalism, which was already burning a hole in our pockets, has now gone and added insult to injury by giving a whopping 100% raise to the executives and judiciary, not to mention a selected few legislators who were also included in the gravy train. The subsidy removal came without any backup plan such as raising the minimum wage, leaving us high and dry.

We are fools. We are like pawns always watching being checkmated. We are puppets. We are placed in the stage light for the bourgeoisies to merry and have a good day! Do we have a choice? Nay! We are educated but yet illiterate. I am happy to be a fool too; a fool who recognised the tomfoolery. Some grew wise in their foolishness. They are happy they are fools who can fool other fools. A tale of many fools fighting for those who fool them! Dear foolish Mufasa!😁

My suggestion is an increment of the minimum wage. Abi? Since we are all in for this death sentence of a country! Ngwa, fair Chatinent, pray tell! 😊 The minimum wage should be a fair shake, not chicken feed. It should be a decent chunk of change, not peanuts. It's time to pay people what they're worth, not shortchange them. A minimum wage of ₦150k would be a game-changer, not small potatoes of ₦30k. Who even pay!

While the masses? Still suffering and keep shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" while suffering and searching for Twitter giveaways. Keep on standing gidigban and swallow the issues you have when Nigeria happens to you, my good man.

I just also remembered Fela. Now think of this...if by then Fela was preaching against bad governance...I mean then ooo...some 25 years ago, now imagine yourself shouting "on your mandate I stand gidigban" and how not-mad people see you. 😁 Joke on me.

Even if you decide to be wicked, be wicked responsibly naw. Which one bi say you wicked and you wan wicked beautiful unborn kids of yours?

Well...

It seems that the ongoing push for a particular candidate in Nigeria based on tribal affiliations is bearing rotten fruit for the nation when the tree hasn't even started growing.

The truth is all they said were lies. I just discovered that you and I will suffer together, my good man.

Aptly put. But I'm not a fool. I picked my voters card, went to that ballot and voted Peter obi because I know that Peter obi will not vote 25bn naira for accommodation for lawmakers when he just removed subsidy on fuel which the miserable life of hundreds of millions of people depend on.

I am not a fool because I know that Peter will thrash whatever organization, decree and promulgation seeking to increase salaries of elected office holders by not 20, not 50, not 70, not even 100 but by 114%.

I am not a fool, I am working very hard to leave Nigeria and to never return.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by clinician2x: 6:50am On Jun 22, 2023
SmartPolician:
Bola Tinubu should start now to diversify our economy if he really wants naira to pick up! Buhari sang that song for 8 years and achieved nothing in the end. Perhaps they should encourage more foreign companies to come into Nigeria and harness our gas reserves. The world needs a lot of natural gas supply at the moment.

Remove all the export barriers so that ordinary Nigerian farmers can start exporting foodstuff to other countries. He needs to think of ways to increase the country's FX earnings. Until then, the best thing that can happen to naira is to appreciate by #50 - 100 against the USD. Let's not forget that things can get a lot worse if care is not taken and naira will hit #1k against the USD1.

It's funny how u think tinubu cares about all these ur rantings.

What exactly is giving u the confidence or thought that he gives a flying fvck about the naira, and the miserable poor of nigeria.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Sheriman(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2023
This thing dey go 1K I swear to God

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2023
chatinent:
Fingers crossed..

Well...

Finally, inner peace. Hopefully I can escape the breakfast which is being served but No! E go reach almost everybody if not everybody. Chai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by NOwazobia: 7:49am On Jun 22, 2023
When it drops, it is slightly, but it rises slightly, you report it as appreciated.

Nonsense.

The only change right now is that Tinubu emergence has worsen everything.

Schools have started increasing their fees by over 400%...

Everyone's eyes will soon be open to the Tinubu government of propaganda... 🥱
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by datola: 7:56am On Jun 22, 2023
GreyLaw:

Please read what you wrote before posting! A strong home currency is good for an importing country!! Stop mixing economics wrongly.

No, strong currency is not good for a totally import dependent economy like Nigeria because you will be lazy importing everything thereby shipping all your productivity and jobs to other countries.

It has so many disadvantages..
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by condralbedez: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2023
Germanjoe:

Pls oh,God forbid.make it affect only those that voted him oh,that my own prayers.
Amen oh
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by sobastical: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2023
grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by saysoo: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2023
clinician2x:

Aptly put. But I'm not a fool. I picked my voters card, went to that ballot and voted Peter obi because I know that Peter obi will not vote 25bn naira for accommodation for lawmakers when he just removed subsidy on fuel which the miserable life of hundreds of millions of people depend on.

I am not a fool because I know that Peter will thrash whatever organization, decree and promulgation seeking to increase salaries of elected office holders by not 20, not 50, not 70, not even 100 but by 114%.

Wrong,your PO said you should return for a better Naija. 100 PO can't salvage dis place with that 1999 constitution as amended. With $25B budget/population 200+ million. With FX Reserve of $40B«.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by BossGerald: 9:26am On Jun 22, 2023
adioolayi:
I see it stabilise at #600 ...

So $1 to #600 is perfect?

Remind me how much it was in 2015??

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by ChristineC: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2023
LeyeWrites:
May you be unfortunate as you wish Nigerians to be unfortunate.
I'm not your mother's problem kid. go and collect your own 114% raise or protest at government house.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by clinician2x: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2023
saysoo:
Wrong,your PO said you should return for a better Naija. 100 PO can't salvage dis place with that 1999 constitution as amended. With $25B budget/population 200+ million. With FX Reserve of $40B«.

Entirely your business. No time to argue with u
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by chatinent: 10:37am On Jun 22, 2023
clinician2x:

Ok chief. But one thing that is certain is that Peter Obi didn't really make the state he governed what he promises Nigeria. To me, he is like every other politician.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by clinician2x: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2023
chatinent:

Ok chief. But one thing that is certain is that Peter Obi didn't really make the state he governed what he promises Nigeria. To me, he is like every other politician.

That is your business. No time to argue with you

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by pquaver(m): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2023
GreyLaw:

Says someone who voted Buhari twice! Yeye.

As a matter of achievement, obi is still aspiring to achieve what Buhari has completed twice.. I wonder who is now the dunce.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by pquaver(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2023
clinician2x:

That is your business. No time to argue with you

You cant argue against facts. So your recoil is the best action
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Cantonese: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
hopexter:

Auntie you have no words to mark. Tinubu will be better than all the presidents you’ve grown up to know, watch and see undecided

Na so una talk about Buhari. After the first four years story una give am part 2. E lock border, hungry wan kill all of una. Una dey shout four by four without shame, until of hardship. Eight years later he left the country in the desert of abject misery, suffering and sorrow.

Now una don start again. This baba promised to continue where the other baba stopped. Fuel prices increased, electricity increased, money in the pocket daily losing value.

Una no get small shame at all? Dem take poverty swear give una?

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by hopexter(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2023
Cantonese:

Na so una talk about Buhari. After the first four years story una give am part 2. E lock border, hungry wan kill all of una. Una dey shout four by four without shame, until of hardship. Eight years later he left the country in the desert of abject misery, suffering and sorrow.

Now una don start again. This baba promised to continue where the other baba stopped. Fuel prices increased, electricity increased, money in the pocket daily losing value.

Una no get small shame at all? Dem take poverty swear give una?

Who be una? You wey get shame why you no move out of the country? You have no relevance or contributions to the growth of the country only to complain.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by clinician2x: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2023
pquaver:

You cant argue against facts. So your recoil is the best action

Peter obi supporter buy fuel at 500, you too will buy at 500.

Useless idiot.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by pquaver(m): 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
clinician2x:

Peter obi supporter buy fuel at 500, you too will buy at 500.

Nne mu Useless idiot.
Fixed

Same way anambra people are buying it.. Same way anambra people have been suffering since... Useless animal ewu gambia
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by legitnow1: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2023
Seun:
Disturbing.

You can substitute this moniker for HammerDK.

Everybody knows me as hammer now.

I no longer have the password for the rest, forgot them, it has been such a long time not using them.

No longer interested in creating new handle.

Getting too old for all dat, find a younger person, if u need one.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by thoth: 6:59am On Jun 24, 2023
You just said what i have been thinking..unfortunately most Nigerians don't care, don't read, can't recognize patterns and have zero interest in their true history beyond the miseducation afforded by their colonially imposed religion.

JaskanFactor:
its the same oyinbo people who have been destroying Nigeria and Africa since time began that say, shit will roll off an incline faster than false hope. Nothing ever changes for the better in this European run hell hole that all melenated places on earth.

whats happening in Nigeria is going on all over africa, all the way to the west indies everywhere there is large population of dark skin people.

it used to be 2pounds to one naira.

All the banks could collapse, cause nobody in thier right mind will want to keep naira in the bank right now or ever more.
used toilet paper will be worth more than naira by the time enemies of dark skin people are done with Nigeria, cause its they who run Nigeria and thus responsible for all that has been happening all this years.

Just in case you people dont get it, unless you are a billionaire, you no longer have the right to have children or hope to live till old age. they are raising the cost of living dramatically in a hurry to make people die. Anybody in doubt can see this is all the new administration has done in less than one week, after all the onslaught of the previous colonial Buhari administration puppet European government.

just beware of those who do not want to adjust their lifestyle in line with the government war against the people finances trend you can now see, cause they will soon be throwing you under the bus to be able to afford the frivolous life style even now in the face of grave financial danger for people of Nigeria.

Just dont you dare think its over yet, they got more coming , this is why i tell people if you not billionaire, and not tied down to expensive accommodation by work, better move to your village and grow your own food as you work from home. Just in case you have not notice they have been killing farmers too in order to create starvation, as they simultaneously make everything people need unaffordable.
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by 080bjaked(m): 9:21am On Jun 24, 2023
CodeTemplar:
I tell you..I noticed Nairaland was giving the new govt some support early on but thought it was just to help create enabling environment for the govt to win peoples heart and zeal for Nigeria. In all the three major policies of petrol, education and forex, when I post my sceptical stuffs, they ban me with bots and hidethe posts.
Seun is missing it. You can hive support in a careful manner.

Same here. There is an ongoing campaign by Nairaland to suppress people's pain and silence critics of the current administration. Interesting even Buhari didn't have that support during his administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by Codedrock(m): 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
BUY PAYPAL FUNDS>>>>

I want to sell 300 dollars on Paypal at 720 rate. Sending from a GNS account. If you are willing to buy drop your comments below or whatsapp me: 07058584132.

SCAMMERS: Before you get any ideas i am an O.G Nairalander, check my profile, you cant scam me don't bother texting or disturbing me with rubbish messages..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Import Portals To Source Your Quality Products From / Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 / Today’s Game: Bankers For Baba Ijebu ​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.