Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,751 members, 7,831,406 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (17928 Views)

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Forex Transactions On Investors & Exporters Window Hit $7.62bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by donphilopus: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
Seun:
Disturbing.

Seun, spending a year on this forum is no joke. cheesy Please make my time spent online here reflect the one year I've spent instead of the eleven months and two days it's showing now.

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by docsholz(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
routed:
Majority of you guys wishing doom on your nation are ignorant. While we await.
Mind you guys, the volume of trade at I&E window is less that $100 million till date. The policy makers are watching while the investors are jostling to inject greenback into the economy. Again, the government is yet to inject greenback. In few weeks from now, the economy activities will strengthen naira to ride the rate below N600/$.

All of these doomsday analysts know nothing about Monetary and Fiscal Policies.

All they hope for is to see their country and her leadership fail.

boss , how far 😁
Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by budaatum: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sheriman:
This thing dey go 1K I swear to God

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by kkins25(m): 2:01am On Jul 11, 2023
clinician2x:

Aptly put. But I'm not a fool. I picked my voters card, went to that ballot and voted Peter obi because I know that Peter obi will not vote 25bn naira for accommodation for lawmakers when he just removed subsidy on fuel which the miserable life of hundreds of millions of people depend on.

I am not a fool because I know that Peter will thrash whatever organization, decree and promulgation seeking to increase salaries of elected office holders by not 20, not 50, not 70, not even 100 but by 114%.

I am not a fool, I am working very hard to leave Nigeria and to never return.

I was an intern student at one dying federal research center in Nigeria some years ago. This was just some months after Buhari had been declared the winner. I stood in front of one of the storerooms which was supposed to be a research lab. it was not. Omo! I was almost in a trance, with my head searching the sky for answers. After Buhari's win, I felt as if some part of my spirit had died. I looked up into the sky that day thinking --if only I could get out of this country. If only.
I didn't attend the graduation ceremony. I didn't enroll for NYSC. In fact, It took me about a year to get my statement of results. That election really did me dirty. I feared for my life because it was around the same period I finalized my transition to atheism. It felt like my spirit was rejecting the country. I knew I couldn't hold my criticism to religion to myself, and wondered how I was going to do this with Buhari now in power.

My mother thought I'd F-ed up my studies and was hiding something. She even went to the extent of reaching out to some of my colleagues from school to find out what went wrong.
Some three years later, something very strange happened, she somehow opened an opportunity for the whole fam to Japa. Even though everywhere she sought advice, they told her not to go, she insisted. Knowing her and her zeal for religion, her actions were very strange to me.

I knew the universe had presented an opportunity because this same person was hell-bent on making sure we never japa'd to our current location. Why now? I resigned abruptly from work. My siblings abandoned their education, and we all left. it was a tough decision, but It's the best I've ever made.

Anytime I speak to my ex-students, its always the hardship. Their parents are struggling, food is up, transport is up, and to make it even worse, education is up too. Someone told me his dad had to take a loan to sort out their school fee. These are really intelligent kids with the faculty of thinking that Nigeria currently needs. But, this country will eat them up if care is not taken. It is eaten them up..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window by routed: 1:44am On Jul 16, 2023
docsholz:
boss , how far 😁
We are right on tracks my brother. All my investment is planned towards what I had projected. You should note that naira gained significantly this week as trade opened at N657.5/$ while the rate close at N702.19/$ on Thursday at i&e window as the volume of trade was just $70 Million. As the volume of trades increases dollar gets weaker against naira. Mind you, government is yet to pump greenbacks into the market. The volume of trade is significantly low for price discovery development.
No doubt their is hardship in the land, it will be worse in years to come if we had failed to reroute our fiscal and monetary policy. Be sure we are very much on tracks, light after darkness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now / BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online / Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.