Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) (16785 Views)

Branislav Ivanovic Dropped And Broke Trophy, The Russian Cup After Their Win / Gov. Ikpeazu Hails Enyimba For Trouncing Rayon Sports In CAF Cup / Pogba With His Mother & Brothers After Winning World Cup (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by PureNigerian: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
samwash:
Congratulations to Bendel insurance of Benin.
Its time to rename this club from this "Bendel" to something else.
In those days, I remember Bendel insurance use to have a rival club, I can't remember the name now, they both share same stadium then, just like Inter Milan & AC Milan in Italy.
I don't kwn if that club is still in existence.

It was New Nigeria Bank (NNB) and

Flash Flamingos of Benin

These are some of NNB players back in the days

Wilfred Agbonavbare
Humphrey Edobor
Augustine Igbinabaro
Stephen Keshi
Henry Nwosu
Mark Anunobi
Bright Omokaro
Sunday Eboigbe
Samson Ozogula
Mike Ndubuisi
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by aswani(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
famology:

I have checked the major leagues across the world there's nothing like super anything. Once you top the league at the end of the season, you've won it, simple.

Imagine Man City playing top 6 with UTD, arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham to determine the league winner after topping the league. I don't understand this kind rule OOO.

Kudos to the state government led by shaibu for a great job.

They are called Playoffs and quite common, not just in football but in other sports like NBA, NFL and Rugby League

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/playoffs-around-world-global-leagues-use-variety-different-formats-determine

1 Like

Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by oloriooko(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
watched the highlights of the match was grossly disappointed at the refree that gave the penalty, for pete's sake that wasn't close to any penalty!
the ball hit the rangers thigh onto his hand which was close to his body yet with the close proximity of the blind ref he called it a pen angry
no wonder our refs are rarely invited to continental or inter-continental matches
that ref was close enough to see that wasn't hand ball
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by EDOSBROWN: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
Congrats Benin Arsenal, oba GHA to kpere, use... Salowir, my damn niggar, I know, Insurance have made u proud, one bottle of Azul, with Dorime for u
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by wasuka14(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2023
Somebody should help Nigeria FA board to change this cup from wooden base. To what's globally presentable. This cup is an insults to Nigeria as biggest in Africa. This is the type of cups you find in most Secondary school principal offices.

BleedingPen:

Photo Caption:
Edo Deputy Governor, Comrade Philip Shaibu and Permanent Secretary, Edo State Sports Commission, Mrs Sabina Chikere flanked by victorious Bendel Insurance players and sports official.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by Tabletuner(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
samwash:
In those days, I remember Bendel insurance use to have a rival club, I can't remember the name now, they both share same stadium then, just like Inter Milan & AC Milan in Italy.

Bendel United

1 Like

Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by wayodude(m): 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
samwash:

Never. You definitely aren't from Benin. Lol

1 Like

Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by mechanics(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Congrats to the players, they should make Nigerians proud by reaching the finals of the confederation cup.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by IMPARTIAL: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
samwash:

Bendel United?
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by LORDKing001: 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
samwash:

Kada FC
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by LORDKing001: 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
wayodude:

Never. You definitely aren't from Benin. Lol
Kada
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by famology(m): 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2023
aswani:

They are called Playoffs and quite common, not just in football but in other sports like NBA, NFL and Rugby League

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/playoffs-around-world-global-leagues-use-variety-different-formats-determine

Play offs are only done in lower leagues in England. I used the word major leagues: England, Spain, Italy, Germany. Playoffs will only make sense where you need to pick 2 or more teams for promotion to a higher league like it's done in England. It's not something for top leagues.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by LORDKing001: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
famology:
Insurance of Benin would have done the double if not for the useless so called super six. I don't know where NFL got that useless concept from.

Why did they not create sub six at the bottom of the league to also determine who's relegated? Rubbish!

Reason before you talk. Talk is cheap
Do you know the distance from Edo to damaturu? Or el kanemi of borno?

No club except akwa United team fly jet to other states for their matches. The all use coaster buses and hiace bus to travel long distances to play matches. Travelling two days journey for an away games is not easy and not realistic now hence the super six to b camped in one state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by LORDKing001: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
famology:

I have checked the major leagues across the world there's nothing like super anything. Once you top the league at the end of the season, you've won it, simple.

Imagine Man City playing top 6 with UTD, arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham to determine the league winner after topping the league. I don't understand this kind rule OOO.

Kudos to the state government led by shaibu for a great job.

Stop comparing pounds sterling to Naira.
League also need to make money for the league winner. How much do you think the league makes after 38matches to pay the winner 100million naira. They need more of this to meet up. Man u need go sport school to learn how it is done
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by pargelenis(m): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
Any video highlights of this game?
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by Bahamas95(m): 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
When I see how we do things here I am always ashame to be a Nigerian.

See how the whole thing be like village football competition.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by amazingforum1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
HELLO GUYS CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING WORTH LUCKY GAME CHALLENGE FT EASY-SWAG OZOR COMEDY AND REAL SAMJOJO

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgyZ7-H3QQE
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by BleedingPen: 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
pargelenis:
Any video highlights of this game?

https://fb.watch/lkfArpbfjP/
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by Haveyoueatentod: 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
It's high time they change the name of the club Bendel insurance is now moribund
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by guobe: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
Congratulations to my darling club Bendel insurance
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by TheOgaBoss: 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
samwash:
Bendel united
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by aswani(m): 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
Haveyoueatentod:
It's high time they change the name of the club Bendel insurance is now moribund

Never, it is ok as it is Please, up Bendel!!
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by okuta007: 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
aswani:
Congratulations to Bendel Insurance.

A shame Iyobosa is not alive to witness this great triumph.

Thank God the Great Coach Alabi Aisien is alive to see this victory.

wow the great IYOBOSA - may his soul rest in perfect peace - May God bless the great COACH ALABI AISIEN
Also COACH LAWRENCE AKPOKONA - CAF Cup winning Coach 1994 grin

Insurance greats like

Lucky Ikponmwonvia aka OWEWE - Skippo grin
Monday Osagie aka MODUGA
Late Eghomwanre Aimuamwonsa aka OMALE
Wilson Oruma - Captain of U-16 World Cup winning Japan '93 team + Golden Boot Winner + Atlanta '96 Olympic Gold Medalist
Bauldwin Bazuaye of U-16 World Cup winning team China '85 + Atlanta '96 Olympic Gold Medalist
Mfom Bassey
Late Thompson Oliha of Tunisia'94 Nations Cup winning Team + USA'94 World Cup Team
Sunny Umoru aka KARIMU of Scotlant'89 U-19 World Cup
Golkeeper David Aigbovo
Felix Agbonifo
Henry Ogboe
Emma Egharevba
Bright Omokaro aka 10-10 grin of Maroc 88 African Cup of Nations Silver winning team

..... and so many many many more too numerous to mention - thanks for the great memories grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by Neimar: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
dyera:

You clearly have the tendency to condemn your own. I know you are thinking they should have used silver cup like oyibo people.

Oga that one na your business.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by Ellasure: 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2023
congratulations edo insurance. good to know you are back where you rightly belongs.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by aswani(m): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
okuta007:

wow the great IYOBOSA - may his soul rest in perfect peace - May God bless the great COACH ALABI AISIEN

Insurance greats like

Lucky Ikponmwonvia aka OWEWE - Skippo grin
Monday Osagie aka MODUGA
Late Eghomwanre Aimuamwonsa aka OMALE
Wilson Oruma - Captain of U-16 World Cup winning Japan '93 team + Golden Boot Winner
Bauldwin Bazuaye of U-16 World Cup winning team China '85 + Atlanta '96 Olympic Gold Medalist
Mfom Bassey
Late Thompson Oliha of Tunisia'94 Nations Cup winning Team + USA'94 World Cup Team
Sunny Umoru aka KARIMU of Scotlant'89 U-19 World Cup
Golkeeper David Aigbovo
Felix Agbonifo
Henry Ogboi
Emma Egharevba
Bright Omokaro aka 10-10 grin of Maroc 88 African Cup of Nations Silver winning team

..... and so many many many more too numerous to mention - thanks for the great memories grin grin grin

Bros, abeg don't start me off on listing Insurance greats, neither of us will sleep tonight.

Henry Ogboe by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by famology(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2023
LORDKing001:

Stop comparing pounds sterling to Naira.
League also need to make money for the league winner. How much do you think the league makes after 38matches to pay the winner 100million naira. They need more of this to meet up. Man u need go sport school to learn how it is done

Just shut your cursed mouth. What do you know about sports administration?
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by famology(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
LORDKing001:

Reason before you talk. Talk is cheap
Do you know the distance from Edo to damaturu? Or el kanemi of borno?

No club except akwa United team fly jet to other states for their matches. The all use coaster buses and hiace bus to travel long distances to play matches. Travelling two days journey for an away games is not easy and not realistic now hence the super six to b camped in one state

Dead brain! How does traveling to play matches concern repeating a mini league when the league already ended with a table topper who ordinarily should be the league winner? Mu...mu
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by aku626(m): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
It really is a pity that the govt. Isn’t throwing it’s weight around football in a football loving country like Nigeria. One would have expected at least an invite to the governors office or the governor sending a representative to encourage them. Sport is another medium the youths could gain employment.
May God help us.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by aswani(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
Where is naptu by the way, I believe he is a strong Insurance fan, hope he is OK.

Naptu vbαΊΉ vbo? Ladian Γ³.

Time to celebrate.
Re: Bendel Insurance Lifts 4th FA Cup After 43yrs, Qualifies For CAF Cup (pics) by bjdon: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
samwash:
it was NNB (New Nigeria Bank) The team that produced the likes of Stephen Keshi, Henry Nwosu, Bright 'Ten-Ten' Omokaro....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul Onuachu Joins Genk From Midtjylland For €6 Million / Edo 2021: Eke Kalu Scorpion Wins Gold Medal For Abia In Shot Put (photos, Video) / Nigeria U20 Vs Mexico U20 - Toulon Intl Tournament (0 - 2) On 29th May 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.