Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? (11940 Views)

Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? / How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Streetdoctor: 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Result of the hate on an igboman has started pouring in.
As in ehhhhhh, dis is d effect. Same thing buhari did and messed everything up is what they are about to start

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by OVB123: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2023
askolly:
I just tired, is not easy @all
It is very unfortunate that we are passing through this hard time.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by nairalanda1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
omoredia:

If u get a million dollars today you will still be broke.

Perhaps.

But right now, our situation isn't one where we can call all the shots.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Godsonkemz(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
I pity mostly private workers who work tirelessly to earn a peanut which could barely sustain their feeding, let alone transport

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by OmoNla99: 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hi
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by otokx(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
Vinnie2000:

I met a Woman likely in her 50's complaining bitterly this Afternoon. embarassed undecided

She is a Government School Teacher and should be on Level 12,14 (Almost to Principal's Level I guess).πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

She said Her School is in Ughelli and she is moving From Warri to the Place Everyday.
Warri to Ughelli is now 500,600 while Ekiugbo or Afiesere Junction to the School is 300.

She said she spends 1800 everyday and was so Very Sad. embarassed

I just Wonder what 40k and 30K Earners in such position would now say. πŸ˜πŸ˜’

So Please, SALARY EARNERS WITHOUT PERSONAL CARS,
HOW DO YOU GUYS COPE WITH THE CURRENT HIGH TRANSPORT FARES? πŸ€”

Do you Trek Half way to Work or Stand by the Roadside to Beg Private Car owners Going to Work? πŸ˜ŸπŸ€”

Nplfmod.

Why can't she stay in Ughelli?

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Tianamen1: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

If we voted for Obi or atiku, the result would still be the same.

We are all borrowed up. We can't afford subsides on petrol.

Tinubu quite literally had no choice.

You don’t know what you’re saying. He could have raised taxes on imported goods, and then gradually remove the subsidies. Subsidy removal has been a disaster and Nigeria may officially be in a recession by December.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by sprints1: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
kemika8989:

Today News I heard some set of people are now sleeping in there office's. Suffer for this country e no easy oo
people have been doing that for a long time especially private school teachers dey sleep and bathe there. U cannot be living in ikorodu and be working in VGC or Lekki and no sleep for office as a private school teacher for this economy.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by eldoradoxx: 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
Every employer of labour whether private or public has no reason whatsoever not to increase the salary of your workers. Whatever you were paying became irrelevant the day Tinubu became President and removed subsidy. So if you don't increase your salary, you re not being reasonable and your work will suffer. How do I recoup the increase in salary? Increase the cost of whatever services you render to reflect the recent fuel price adjustment, period! Even Tinubu has adjusted his salaries

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Luu40: 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
I use to go to my place of work N50 on an okada before the shock, the shock came and fuel jumped to N250 so it increased to N70. With the removal of fuel subsidy, my fare is now N100.

Though its not very far from my home. 10 minutes walk will get me there.

Honestly people are bearing the brunt of the past governments miscalculations.

I hope by the end of this hardship, Nigeria will become much better - a land of opportunity for all.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
nedekid:

Yours good sef. Me. 2 full tanks weekly. Almost 100k on fuel for one vehicle. Also have to top fuel for madams moto too.
Hhahahhahaha Wetyn man go do like this ?

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by HardBishop: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Result of the hate on an igboman has started pouring in.

Don't mind those ingrates... Leave them make them dey suffer..... They hate igbos with no reason

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Lukss: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
Smile
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Lukss: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
[quote author=Bucky001 post=123984311]I say a big thank you to whoever discovered alcohol.
Is the only thing that takes my mind from Nigeria problems[/quote

Smile!!?
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Emilo(m): 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tinubu failed to accept that a mistake was done by not putting in place palliatives before removing subsidy. His government have arrogantly refused to address the matter. For me that’s a huge red flag. Forget all these picture taking, propaganda and junketing.

I ask agbado people what will they do if this situation continues till next year. As it is everyone is expecting Dangote to come in and reduce price. Sth totally impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by TheGift: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
DesChyko:
As a Private School teacher, I make it a point to get a school or schools not so far from my residence. That makes taking a bike more of a luxury for me. However, the cost of biking to that place now has doubled, but luckily, I have the alternative of walking except when I feel stressed or when I'm running late.

All in all, remote jobs are the way to go!

Or hybrid jobs (remote and on-site).

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
She should relocate to Ughelli.
Or find another job in Warri and leave Ughelli job for Ughellians.

How are Lagosians coping from Ayobo to VI everyday? Including those ones working in Lekki 3 bedroom offices.
k

I suspect She got her Personal house in Warri.🀨

Besides, Relocation is Never Easy. Moving to a new place with ur family and adjusting to the Environment sad

Personally, I find it VERY stressful. πŸ˜’
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
otokx:

She is a govt school teacher.

Probably Must have been transferred to the School. πŸ€”πŸ™‚
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by mignone(f): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
veeveanO:
It's really crazy.
I'm a corp member in lagos, I spend 1500 daily to my ppa.
Must u be there everyday? Do u get any stipend frm ur PPA dt covers transportation?
If not, pls ration ur attendance; u'rea corps member& if they complain, tell them u can't afford d fare anymore. Won't u feed?

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Kukutenla: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
She should relocate to Ughelli.
Or find another job in Warri and leave Ughelli job for Ughellians.

How are Lagosians coping from Ayobo to VI everyday? Including those ones working in Lekki 3 bedroom offices.
Have you helped her to get the job warri

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
Jcomtrader:
I printed apc membership card.
I get 50 percent discount when I shout ronu

Lolss..πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ™†
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by logik29(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
I use Driveinhud app. It reduces my cost of transportation to the barest minimum

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Aarenasbaba:
I bought fuel of 10k in my car on Monday, on Tuesday when I was coming from site , the fuel gauge was giving me red signal. I topped it with another 4k. Wednesday I bought another fuel of 10k. Yesterday, I couldn’t go out to a far place because of the fuel issue. I had to call my Rewire to come and check what’s wrong. He advised me to change the AIRFLOW. Have changed the AIRFLOW and bought another 4k today

Almost 30k fuel for this week….. wetyn I dey sell wey wan make 30k as profit

I’m fed up
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
THIS OP IS AN ENEMY OF NIGERIA, WHY IS HE WISHING NIGERIAN BAD?, CANT THIS OP BEAR THE SUFFERING ETC?,........ THATS WHAT YOU WILL SEE THE AGBADORIAN SAYING, OR THEY TAG YOU AN ENEMY OF NIGERIA WHO DONT WISH NIGERIA WELL BUT ALWAYS QUICK IN BROADCASTING BAD NEWS, THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT SUFFERING IN NIGERIA DID NOT JUST START TODAY IN NIGERIA.

THANK GOD THERE IS NO SPECIAL MARKET FOR THE AGBADORIAN AND OTHER NIGERIANS, NO SPECIAL SCHOOL FOR AGBADORIAN AND OTHER NIGERIANS, NO SPECIAL FUELING STATION FOR THEM AND OTHER NIGERIANS. WE ALL ARE EXPEREINCING THE SAME HARDSHIP. THE WORST IS THAT THOSE WHO DUE TO SENTIMENT SUPPORTED THIS BAD SYSTEM ARE THE ONES CRYING SO LOUD AT THEIR SECRET PLACE DUE TO THE HARDSHIP, BUT COME ONLINE TO PRETEND THAT ALL IS WELL.

THE WORST A MAN WILL DO TO HIM SELF IS NOT TO BE TRUTHFUL TO HIM SELF, A LIFE OF SELF DECEIT IS A VERY TERRIBLE LIFE STYLE.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by ufuosman(m): 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
It as not be easy for many people
She should look for one room and rent or beta she visit the school twice a week

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by icankel: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
veeveanO:
It's 33k they pay now combined with the stipend the ppa will pay.
and almost goes straight to ur transport. I served in a boarding school during my time and was giving accommodation inside the sch in Akwaibom state.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by complexstuffs(m): 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
Revolution2022:
Buhari told his supporters that his bad policies would cause temporary pain but Nigerians would later praise him.He left his supporters disappointed by his lie.He handed over to even the worst as him.

Which Buhari you dey talk about again.

Didn't you people claim Buhari was dead and Nigeria was being ruled by a clone and/or Jubrin from Sudan?

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by yewit37486: 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
accordadoga26:
It has not been easy for anyone.

You can't make an omelette without breaking an egg. We all have to understand this.

We will be fine.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless the lion of bourdillion.

God bless the NW, NE, NC, SW, SS and the Middlebelt

God will not bless tribalism or people who use their comments to promote division and lack of unity, as He made all men in His image. Take note.

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Clazzone(m): 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
What's the difference between those that have cars and those that don't have, when 80% of car owners have resulted to using public transport which we believe it's more economical than buying 510 per liter.

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Clazzone(m): 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Will you keep quiet??
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Pacesetter123(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
otokx:

Husband, children and family to look after as a mother might be the factor.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by olumided: 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Trekking was my hobby before. But now, God has provided me with a bike, with 2litres I can go any kilometers and can also hustle a bit for passengers to secure another 2litres fuel.

Vinnie2000:

I met a Woman likely in her 50's complaining bitterly this Afternoon. embarassed undecided

She is a Government School Teacher and should be on Level 12,14 (Almost to Principal's Level I guess).πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

She said Her School is in Ughelli and she is moving From Warri to the Place Everyday.
Warri to Ughelli is now 500,600 while Ekiugbo or Afiesere Junction to the School is 300.

She said she spends 1800 everyday and was so Very Sad. embarassed

I just Wonder what 40k and 30K Earners in such position would now say. πŸ˜πŸ˜’

So Please, SALARY EARNERS WITHOUT PERSONAL CARS,
HOW DO YOU GUYS COPE WITH THE CURRENT HIGH TRANSPORT FARES? πŸ€”

Do you Trek Half way to Work or Stand by the Roadside to Beg Private Car owners Going to Work? πŸ˜ŸπŸ€”

Nplfmod.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Any How Much Could A 2nd Class Upper Biochemistry Student Earn / Faces At Jarushub Career Conference / How Do You Think Young People Can Network Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.