Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? (11962 Views)

Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? / How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Westman001: 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
We need more remote jobs in the country

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Evashine(f): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
I can imagine what it is for those whose houses is a distant from where they work. Fortunately for me my house is walkable to my work place.

3 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by GetSenseNow: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
Bintasukai:
For where, remote work na my bae
Cost of fuel for generator, increased electricity prices, very soon mobile network operators will increase data price.

E go reach everybody one way or another

8 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by pocohantas(f): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tadeus:

Do you know what it cost to power remote job from home now, I mean cost of power and data for 6 to 8 hours??

It's well

It depends. For me, I prefer remote. Except if it is not NEPA light. That is when I will cry.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by ogashman(m): 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
Vinnie2000:

I met a Woman likely in her 50's complaining bitterly this Afternoon. embarassed undecided

She is a Government School Teacher and should be on Level 12,14 (Almost to Principal's Level I guess).🤨🙂

She said Her School is in Ughelli and she is moving From Warri to the Place Everyday.
Warri to Ughelli is now 500,600 while Ekiugbo or Afiesere Junction to the School is 300.

She said she spends 1800 everyday and was so Very Sad. embarassed

I just Wonder what 40k and 30K Earners in such position would now say. 😏😒

So Please, SALARY EARNERS WITHOUT PERSONAL CARS,
HOW DO YOU GUYS COPE WITH THE CURRENT HIGH TRANSPORT FARES? 🤔

Do you Trek Half way to Work or Stand by the Roadside to Beg Private Car owners Going to Work? 😟🤔

Nplfmod.

My organization got a staff bus running to and fro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by DesChyko: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tadeus:

Do you know what it cost to power remote job from home now, I mean cost of power and data for 6 to 8 hours??

It's well

There is power and data at Yaba, the headquarters of the Nigerian firm I do remote jobs for. To comfortably get there in time for work and comfortably come back home costs me roughly #3000 per day before Subsidy removal. Factor in other expenses that must come in since you're not in your house. So yeah, I know what it costs for me to buy my own power and data for the time I need to be at work 😂

Right now, I'm scouring everywhere for the cheapest reliable green energy solution I can find because this fuel price no be anybody mate.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
THIS OP IS AN ENEMY OF NIGERIA, WHY IS HE WISHING NIGERIAN BAD?, CANT THIS OP BEAR THE SUFFERING ETC?,........ THATS WHAT YOU WILL SEE THE AGBADORIAN SAYING, OR THEY TAG YOU AN ENEMY OF NIGERIA WHO DONT WISH NIGERIA WELL BUT ALWAYS QUICK IN BROADCASTING BAD NEWS, THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT SUFFERING IN NIGERIA DID NOT JUST START TODAY IN NIGERIA.

THANK GOD THERE IS NO SPECIAL MARKET FOR THE AGBADORIAN AND OTHER NIGERIANS, NO SPECIAL SCHOOL FOR AGBADORIAN AND OTHER NIGERIANS, NO SPECIAL FUELING STATION FOR THEM AND OTHER NIGERIANS. WE ALL ARE EXPEREINCING THE SAME HARDSHIP. THE WORST IS THAT THOSE WHO DUE TO SENTIMENT SUPPORTED THIS BAD SYSTEM ARE THE ONES CRYING SO LOUD AT THEIR SECRET PLACE DUE TO THE HARDSHIP, BUT COME ONLINE TO PRETEND THAT ALL IS WELL.

THE WORST A MAN WILL DO TO HIM SELF IS NOT TO BE TRUTHFUL TO HIM SELF, A LIFE OF SELF DECEIT IS A VERY TERRIBLE LIFE STYLE.

4 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Abufo: 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
accordadoga26:
It has not been easy for anyone.

You can't make an omelette without breaking an egg. We all have to understand this.

We will be fine.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless the lion of bourdillion.

God bless the NW, NE, NC, SW, SS and the Middlebelt

The hatred in some of you will even embarrass Satan himself......on Sunday this one will still go to church to praise and worship God! No wonder that country never makes progress! Do not worry Tinubu will make you a billionaire!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
I bought fuel of 10k in my car on Monday, on Tuesday when I was coming from site , the fuel gauge was giving me red signal. I topped it with another 4k. Wednesday I bought another fuel of 10k. Yesterday, I couldn’t go out to a far place because of the fuel issue. I had to call my Rewire to come and check what’s wrong. He advised me to change the AIRFLOW. Have changed the AIRFLOW and bought another 4k today

Almost 30k fuel for this week….. wetyn I dey sell wey wan make 30k as profit

I’m fed up

8 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by pocohantas(f): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
DesChyko:

There is power and data at Yaba, the headquarters of the Nigerian firm I do remote jobs for. To comfortably get there in time for work and comfortably come back home costs me roughly #3000 per day before Subsidy removal. Factor in other expenses that must come in since you're not in your house. So yeah, I know what it costs for me to buy my own power and data for the time I need to be at work 😂

Right now, I'm scouring everywhere for the cheapest reliable green energy solution I can find because this fuel price no be anybody mate.

Well said. Remove the price of fuel if using gen, it is cheaper to work from home. Except if the remote is not remoting.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by 001Lagos: 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
accordadoga26:
It has not been easy for anyone.

You can't make an omelette without breaking an egg. We all have to understand this.

We will be fine.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless the lion of bourdillion.

God bless the NW, NE, NC, SW, SS and the Middlebelt
You're still hating even In your sorry state ?

The south east that you hated will continue to buy your landed properties and houses.

You said it has not been easy for you, so I wonder how it will ever be easy for you ? 😂 😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by nedekid: 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Aarenasbaba:
I bought fuel of 10k in my car on Monday, on Tuesday when I was coming from site , the fuel gauge was giving me red signal. I topped it with another 4k. Wednesday I bought another fuel of 10k. Yesterday, I couldn’t go out to a far place because of the fuel issue. I had to call my Rewire to come and check what’s wrong. He advised me to change the AIRFLOW. Have changed the AIRFLOW and bought another 4k today

Almost 30k fuel for this week….. wetyn I dey sell wey wan make 30k as profit

I’m fed up
Yours good sef. Me. 2 full tanks weekly. Almost 100k on fuel for one vehicle. Also have to top fuel for madams moto too.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by askolly(m): 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
I just tired, is not easy @all

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Emu4life(m): 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Result of the hate on an igboman has started pouring in.
The so called Igbo man wouldn't be any different. We are in a democracy for fvck sake. Must everyone vote who you want?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by nairalanda1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
omoredia:
Enjoy the consequence of ur wrong choices.

If we voted for Obi or atiku, the result would still be the same.

We are all borrowed up. We can't afford subsides on petrol.

Tinubu quite literally had no choice.

1 Like

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by nairalanda1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
My fuel costs have gone up, and I'm watching how I drive. Will see how things go as time goes on. I expect costs to rise soon

Yeah this fuel subsidy removal harsh, but knowing how much it costs us to keep it, and knowing that keeping it would eventually drain the coffers dry, sigh.

We are between the devil and the deep blue sea. Either way we go, people will suffer.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Aurelius1(m): 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ugochimma:
I kuku dey work from home
Teach me how to get started.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by 07kjb: 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
Bucky001:
I say a big thank you to whoever discovered alcohol.
Is the only thing that takes my mind from Nigeria problems

No be small thing 5bottles of CHILLED HERO WILL GET YOUR MIND OF THE TROUBLES OF THIS COUNTRY

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
Working from home is the way now.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by olabright11(m): 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
I sold my car and bought a bicycle out of the money, it helps.

2 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by icankel: 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
veeveanO:
It's really crazy.
I'm corp member in lagos, I spend 1500 daily to my ppa.
that's like 30k for transport alone. And how much is ur allowance again?
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by dododawa1: 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
ADAPTATION required
Stop complaining
Especially
OBIDENTS mustly.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by icankel: 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
I don't think Nairalanders are suffering, come to the streets and see suffering with ur eyes

3 Likes

Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by omoredia: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

If we voted for Obi or atiku, the result would still be the same.

We are all borrowed up. We can't afford subsides on petrol.

Tinubu quite literally had no choice.

If u get a million dollars today you will still be broke.
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
Been angry since morning
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by veeveanO(f): 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Re: Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? by veeveanO(f): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
It's 33k they pay now combined with the stipend the ppa will pay.
icankel:
that's like 30k for transport alone. And how much is ur allowance again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations - Lectures / What Any How Much Could A 2nd Class Upper Biochemistry Student Earn / How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.