Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering (75063 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by 004gist: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nahunger:

You want to leave Nigeria and you didn't see better places to go you chose UK and I bet your second choice was USA, a place you will constantly suffer discrimination etc, what happened to china, Japan, Canada or Australia with better opportunities, long throat carry you go UK, if e too hard come back home and enjoy with us since you think life is better here compared to UK.

remove China off the list..

The rest countries u mentioned are great but before they give u visa be ready to have 60,000$ at your disposal. that is if u are going as a student on MSc. that's 45 million naira.

But UK on the other side cheaper school as low as 10,000 pounds with u paying just as low as 2k pounds and a proof of funds setting in ur account for just 28 days less than a month.

Australia for example requires 3 to 6 months pof

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by adexpa(m): 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
The earlier we realise that grasses never green on it own, it requires water. No place is better other than the place you embraced and nurtured. There is economy crisis all over the world, and government can only try their best. No leaders has the right solution to economic crisis, they are only trying

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by GeneralPula: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
Reflect7:

Don't mind him. Look, I always tell Nigerians who have money to Japa, to use that money and start a business in Nigeria.

Because it will only hit you when you are in that London, working in one useless odd job like security, where one small girl that is maybe a secretary will be talking to you anyhow. Looking down on you. Seeing you as the lowest of the low in society.

You will look at yourself and say ''bro..was this really worth it? Look at a whole me taking insult from this small girl when I could have been an EMPLOYER in my country? Or could have become a senior banker?''

Because after a month or two in the UK, all those things that you admired like constant light, good roads, etc, will be no big deal to you.

You will even miss your generator in Naija.

At least when you come out to start gen, you will see people outside that you can chat with for some time before heading back in. Or a small boy that you can send to buy you akara or beer down the road.

In UK nothing like that. You are on your own.

No house-help o.

Even your wife go send you make you go wash plate.

Lol, nah that generator wey you mention make me quote you bro. My paddy for Uk mentioned it yesterday! He sold his car and a couple things, then enter Uk on a student visa..

Bills:
House rent
Light
Utilities
Tv watch
Etc
He pays 700 pounds, around 600k for house rent monthly! (He stays in Brentford). When him calculate everything he spend on bills in a month altogether, the thing pass 1m!

He has started one carefree job! Now he has started learning barbing last week lol. Person wey Dey chop 4 star life for Ajah o!

Now he’s planning on coming back home! He said fccck the school grin. I Dey come naija joor! Make I Dey use my generator dey go grin

He’s working. The money can’t even pay all bills. What the excess? It’s like working for nothing cuz at the end of the day, you won’t be able to save!

Things like these are part of what do break marriages in UK! Couples wey Dey enjoy their life for naija without frustration, enter uk, only to be working off their ass bills and nothing! Frustration sets in, things changes!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by TheBillyonaire: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
Diasporans are wonderful people. I encourage them to live their lives in abroad and should not bother coming home. Just send money constantly to your parents and siblings.

For those diasporans with residency and mortgage/rent issues please pm so we can buy off your properties in Nigeria and send you money to pay your oversea bills there. Life is tough but you are tougher.

In essence, dey your dey, we no want you here. grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by GeneralPula: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
juman:
If you are doing well here in nigeria, dont travel abroad. You will most likely regret it.
Dont sell your business and properties to face life of unknown in abroad. You will cry.

Nigeria is a good place to live.
You can make money more easily in nigeria.

I be living testimony bro..

Regardless, I’ll always love Nigeria till the end of time cuz it made me!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by frankson1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
guobe:
but why sell your assets for the unforseen. It baffles me.

A female friend of mine who's husband sold off everything against my advice, resigned from his job and they all moved to the UK with 3 kids.

At first few weeks of their arrival, we were still in contact but now, the babe is no more responding to my chats and calls. I don't need anyone to tell me what's going on because we don dey this matter before.

They all have this believe that abroad is HEAVEN.

It works well for some and turn very bad for another.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by GeneralPula: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
candygist:

Even the home is not sure for you. A country where Lagos is the only business hub. A place where Igbo and Yoruba can't stay in peace. How is that home ?
Nah you no wan stay in peace..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
frankson1:

A female friend of mine who's husband sold off everything against my advice, resigned from his job and they all moved to the UK with 3 kids.

At first few weeks of their arrival, we were still in contact but now, the babe is no more responding to my chats and calls. I don't need anyone to tell me what's going on because we don dey this matter before.

They all have this believe that abroad is HEAVEN.

It works well for some and turn very bad for another.
so true.I Hope she settles down and gets back to her feet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by ComeToJesus: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2023
guobe:
UK Japa is not what most people that have travelled to UK were expecting.

Things are really tough for most Nigerians in UK. Some of them that passed through the student route have to cough out several millions of naira to pay the school fees and will have to work extra hard to achieve this. You see them crying in the night that God please help me through.

Most goods and services have gone up times 5 in UK and with the recent increase in the interest rate over there it seems there won't be a breather yet.

On the flip side most Nigerians that migrated are doing it for their kids future and we hope things get better with time.

I never liked that place. Overrated kitchen.

I can only visit and zoom off. Dem pink noses be doing the most.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by walebaba05(m): 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
I don't agree..Uk is a good place to live especially if you live in England or London to be specific, I came here with my family through student route and I realised the nation is great...I'm not saying they pick money on the ground oo but if you re educated, bsc holder in Nigeria or masters holder in UK, you will easily get a white collar job, what is really essential is to avoid crime and live a simple life, but Nigeria is also a good place to stay if you re determined but I think its a matter of choice

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by phorget(m): 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
guobe:
most of them thought it was going to be a safe heaven but the reverse is now the case.The hardest hit are the ones that sold their houses and left their well paying job to Japa and be doing security job in UK.You see them complaining in the night security job that I was once a bank manager see what I am doing now.

They still have an open choice of relocating back to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Discreet90: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
Op is on cheap weed. So people in nigeria are not suffering?. Do you know the number of nigeria medical doctors, nurses. Engineers we have in uk that are doing very well. Keep consolling yourself to think you are better than those in the uk. Smh
guobe:

Things are really tough for most Nigerians in UK. Some of them that passed through the student route have to cough out several millions of naira to pay the school fees and will have to work extra hard to achieve this. You see them crying in the night that God please help me through.

Most goods and services have gone up times 5 in UK and with the recent increase in the interest rate over there it seems there won't be a breather yet.

On the flip side most Nigerians that migrated are doing it for their kids future and we hope things get better with time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by FuckkMOD: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
And what if he didnt cry? you think everyone does security jobs there? you think Africans dont earn well, An average man would earn A friend I know earns 700Pounds per week which is 2800 per month. He pays 1000 in bills. and saves 1800, he is married and wife do same menia job yall castigate. If bot of them save at least 2500 monthly, that means they are saving 2.5 million per month in Naira.
Do your life and let others live theirs
juman:
If you are doing well here in nigeria, dont travel abroad. You will most likely regret it.
Dont sell your business and properties to face life of unknown in abroad. You will cry.

Nigeria is a good place to live.
You can make money more easily in nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
It is not normally a good idea to try to study abroad if you don't have a sponsor, particularly in the UK and the US.

In the UK, the school and home office won't look kindly on such a person if he/she fails to pay school fees.

Come on, that's why before giving you a student visa, they ask you to show them proof that you have enough money to pay school fees and take care of yourself for the duration of your study, you do that via showing them your PROOF OF FUNDS.

Now, you go and borrow money and show them and you come here and can't pay...they see it as fraud.

The truth is that it's not easy anywhere. I slept for 3hours today, it's 7.13am here and I'm already set to hit the road and reach my workplace before 8.00 am.

This oyibo people no dey hear excuses. So my dear, we're just pushing it.

But if you say you no wan push, NA BILLS GO PUSH THE PERSON LAS LAS!
you nailed it.Anywhere you are you must hustle not feeling like you are going on a honeymoon abroad.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Oluwomonext212(m): 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Is not easy but that depends on what you were doing in naija before leaving and how much u earned back in naija….. u could earn 600k 400k 500 or less a week here depending on the work u get and u could pay rent and bills of 1100 pounds even 900 pounds with bills if you don’t live in London. So if you aren’t making that in naija it worth trying…But if you are comfortable in naija no reason to japa oooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by GeneralPula: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nahunger:

As in ehn, I love that country, no much bad news on media, no much lgbtqwxyz rubbish and their women are very faithful.
Japan is a very good country. But the media aspect, it’s because they censored their media! Japan government controls it all! You can’t sit in your room and post anything anyhow like we’re free to do here in Nigeria..

That doesn’t mean bad things are not happening there! Most Asia countries - Japan, China, North Korea etc have their media under kept!

Their was a time Jack Ma, owner of Ali baba criticized China government. Ever since then, Jack Ma has been shut! People are even asking where is he. How come he disappeared after the criticism..
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by enemyofprogress: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
KingKO22:
No place like home

I hope you’re not referring to Nigeria as home?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by pansophist(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
Choose your poison guys.

Either go to other countries where you may spend a year learning the language and integrate, but your life will be easy from then onwards. Or enter the UK because of English, then suffer permanently.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by FuckkMOD: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
1k USD is 780k, which business of 780k value gives 78k daily?
udede:
There is something I may never understand about you guys that travel for greener pastures abroad , this is because with $1000 i can easily make $100 daily here in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Tonnierichy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
jogojogo:
Is it that really bad and people are still going?
Why are they not returning home like the prodigal son did?
Shame no go gree them. I'm sure they cursed Nigeria at Murtala International Airport on their way to their plane. I saw many of such when I saw my friends off.

Japa has become testimony in churches. People that go there believe they have made it in life, but the thing dey shock them when they reach.

However, some very smart people end up doing great there. Nor be everybody dey regret.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Karleb(m): 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
Come back home. We don't even touch our salaries here.

APC gives us fresh breakfast every morning. 🤡

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
pansophist:
Choose your poison guys.

Either go to other countries where you may spend a year learning the language and integrate, but your life will be easy from then onwards. Or enter the UK because of English, then suffer permanently.

You wicked o grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by FuckkMOD: 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
So you have never been there and you are ranting, I have close ones too and they live well as studnets, its their first year so they need to struggle
guobe:
please do.Experience is the best teacher and I wish you well.I have alot of close ones in the UK and I wish all of them to succeed though the stories I am getting from them is not palatable.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
FuckkMOD:
As a security, they are still richer than you, they dont save less than 1000 pounds monthly, thats a million naira monthly, how much do you earn. And above all, they are walking their way through citizenship for their kids

From my post I actually wished them well. Just stating the obvious fact. And for your information I am not contesting with anybody for who is richer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by latch(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
I didn't read all the posts, but one thing I must say, UK is not easy.
However if you have a plan, take time to up skill and pay your dues, you'll end up smiling.
Make no mistake, it'll take time, a couple of years, but eventually you'll get there.
If you're lucky and come prepared with the right experience and attitude, it could take a lot less time.

Many Nigerians are doing great in tech, and these salaries you see here are real and many Nigerians are earning like this:

Contract IT roles: https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobSearch.aspx?shid=1FB58B4D442A7AAAD4A5

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Tonnierichy(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
rexel99:
OP. Don't allow envy and jealousy kill you. Leave those that have left to breath in peace and enjoy your Nigeria. Did they ask you for money? They made a choice. Allow them to enjoy it or suffer it.
Don't let inferiority complex affect your psyche.
This is a very d@ft comment. You have a psychological ability of a preschooler.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by NairaMaster1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
guobe:

Kids may not have the future. LGBT

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by udede(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
FuckkMOD:
1k USD is 780k, which business of 780k value gives 78k daily?
If you are ready check my signature and watssap me, for a start , ie from the day you fund your account as a novice, i guarantee you $20 daily.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by slowice(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
KingKO22:
No place like home

Which home again?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by Tonnierichy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
ican2020:

Which home

Where 5% are enjoying while 95% are seeing shega
Go to Ghana then.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by guobe: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
GeneralPula:

Lol, nah that generator wey you mention make me quote you bro. My paddy for Uk mentioned it yesterday! He sold his car and a couple things, then enter Uk on a student visa..

Bills:
House rent
Light
Utilities
Tv watch
Etc
He pays 700 euros, around 600k for house rent monthly! (He stays in Brentford). When him calculate everything he spend on bills in a month altogether, the thing pass 1m!

He has started one carefree job! Now he has started learning barbing last week lol. Person wey Dey chop 4 star life for Ajah o!

Now he’s planning on coming back home! He said fccck the school grin. I Dey come naija joor! Make I Dey use my generator dey go grin

He’s working. The money can’t even pay all bills. What the excess? It’s like working for nothing cuz at the end of the day, you won’t be able to save!

Things like these are part of what do break marriages in UK! Couples wey Dey enjoy their life for naija without frustration, enter uk, only to be working off their ass bills and nothing! Frustration sets in, things changes!
please tell them and reiterate it because all you talk now de fall into their deaf ears.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering by InvertedHammer: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
/
Because of the extreme poverty in our land, we see life as a toy. When people see developed nations, all they see are the nice buildings and good amenities. They fail to recognize the hard work input it took to create such environment.

Then they migrate thinking it is going to be rosy. Reality dawns on them that citizens of such great countries are "nickled and dimed" to maintain the aesthetics of the cities unlike Nigeria where taxes can as well be discretionary.

There are extreme poverty everywhere. Work on yourself and you will be ok. Just don't be stagnant or think you can pray, fast or worst beg yourself out of poverty.

/

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) / Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.