Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276605 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2016
GucciOluwa:

I and my two friends had our IVF done there earlier in the year. In the beginning they were nice o(the nurses sha). The doctor is only nice on ur first visit. On other visits, he just comes into the lab when the nurses have dressed you and prepped you for the tvs. Most times he's on the phone with God knows who while calling out your follicle size to the nurses and that's it o. You wee go and he'll see other people(doctor wey no gree make we start with IUI as we initially planned, simply becos the money no plenty).

Fast forward to the ET day, when it's time you'll say how many eggs get transferred to you without consultation o, nothing on the risks, chances of survival or things like that OYO is your name if Google is not your bestfriend. After the transfer(which doesn't take time becos una go plenty. We were abt 10 or more sef on my day, my friend had a two day embie transferred simply becos she wld have been the only one on the 3rd day), you rest and they give you a form abi letter telling you to call them after your PT, if it's positive, they rejoice. If it's negative, the don't pick your call EVER AGAIN!

Mine and another person's was bfn and the fishes forgot to freeze my eggs, dunno if they sold it or forgot becos I think they were certain it will work.

One person got a bfb but went to urinate at 14wks and Sth fell out and my ppl that was it o. She called and told them about it, they asked her to come to once her period came not to consult or find out what could have happened but for another cycle.

Oh and the drugs they give you will last for just 3weeks after that, you buy the rest.

Well this is just my own experience and of course that of my friend.

God's grace people!

I met the doc last year dec. How I wish he knows that starting with a non chalant attitude is not good for starters especially when ttc is a delicate issue that needs to be handled with care. Most doctors that Excel do little things to spice up situations like hospitality, doctor patient relationship n confidentiality, not hoarding information n carrying their patients along at every step.

I wish someone can call his attention, it's something that can easily be corrected.

Does it mean among 10 people that cycled,8 got BFP?

It's well,may one not empty bank account for ttc. GOD PERFECT YOUR PROPHESY IN OUR lIVES
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GucciOluwa: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
wonyi:

I met the doc last year dec. How I wish he knows that starting with a non chalant attitude is not good for starters especially when ttc is a delicate issue that needs to be handled with care. Most doctors that Excel do little things to spice up situations like hospitality, doctor patient relationship n confidentiality, not hoarding information n carrying their patients along at every step.

I wish someone can call his attention, it's something that can easily be corrected.

Does it mean among 10 people that cycled,8 got BFP?

It's well,may one not empty bank account for ttc. GOD PERFECT YOUR PROPHESY IN OUR lIVES

I don't know abt six but among three of us. Only one got a bfb but lost it at 14weeks. There was another lady who we had her contact, she too had a bfn. It's possible some might have had bfb's. I can't say for sure.
(this is not meant to paint them black. Just shine your eyes. Make other inquiries.)
One love!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
henmaris:

LadyG, uve been via alot but your selflessness and ability to hold yourself and still participate in this forum like nothing is up is amazing. Im happy the procedure went well. Hold on to faith and keep putting in your best effort . infertility shall come to pass someday courage.My thoughts are always with u, hope u remember me.

On another note,my August sisters,who are those cycling this August? Lets share our experiences and support each other. Im in for just another round but most importantly the final round this August bc i believe this will be it.

After transfer avoid sugary/acidic fruits like pawpaw,oranges, mangoes, grape,lemon etc avoid spicy n peppery food,hot bath, pushing while using convenience, avoid using the stairs.

be positive, pray like the whole procedure depends on prayers,exercise faith through constant memorising the verses about fruitfulness in the bible,pray in the night,sing praises n watch comedy movies to ease anxiety.
Take more water, cucumber, avocado, egg,beans,moi moi. Eat more protein.
For the suppositories, use constantly. Injectible progesterone works better, ask if vasoprin is needed.
Be friendly with staff,ask when not satisfied or in doubt.
ABOVE ALL ,IT'S GOD

After transfer, avoid staying in bed,walking increases blood flow

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
wonyi:

After transfer avoid sugary/acidic fruits like pawpaw,oranges, mangoes, grape,lemon etc avoid spicy n peppery food,hot bath, pushing while using convenience, avoid using the stairs.

be positive, pray like the whole procedure depends on prayers,exercise faith through constant memorising the verses about fruitfulness in the bible,pray in the night,sing praises n watch comedy movies to ease anxiety.
For the suppositories, use constantly. Injectible progesterone works better, ask if vasoprin is needed.
ABOVE ALL ,IT'S GOD

Thanks sis,putting in my best and looking up to HIM bc i know after everything God alone has the final say. Stims day 1 today.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Dadsonval(f): 6:13am On Aug 05, 2016
Good Morning, pls mamas in the house shld help me interprets this hormonal result;
Prolactin 229miU/L ( 105-550)
LH 15.4 IU/L ( Follicular <10.0)
FSH 18.4 IU/L ( Follicular <12.0)
Estradiol 0.03nmol/L ( Follicle 0.07- 0.60)
pls oooo kindly answer my Question
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 9:14am On Aug 05, 2016
Dadsonval:
Good Morning, pls mamas in the house shld help me interprets this hormonal result;
Prolactin 229miU/L ( 105-550)
LH 15.4 IU/L ( Follicular <10.0)
FSH 18.4 IU/L ( Follicular <12.0)
Estradiol 0.03nmol/L ( Follicle 0.07- 0.60)
pls oooo kindly answer my Question

from my little knowledge, LH and FSH should be less than 5.when it's high ,the body might not be producing quality eggs for ovulation. Calm down, over the years rich meal and diet and exercise and loosing some flesh and good supplements have helped.other have gotten results and and proudly parents now.

More people will throw more light.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Dadsonval(f): 6:59am On Aug 06, 2016
wonyi:

from my little knowledge, LH and FSH should be less than 5.when it's high ,the body might not be producing quality eggs for ovulation. Calm down, over the years rich meal and diet and exercise and loosing some flesh and good supplements have helped.other have gotten results and and proudly parents now.

More people will throw more light.
God will bless u, a friend said i shld start Ovaboost, i pray it works.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 8:21am On Aug 06, 2016
Amarapearl:
You can contact Grabbo fertility hospital in Abuja, I heard that they are doing a promo for IVF 500k, Also read that their success rate is good.

Hello sisters, any news on this hospital?..did any1 register for the promo
http://grabbofertilityclinic.com/mega-promo/

500k for ivf+drugs, sounds super fantastic, am a bit skeptical though, would have been better if it was say 300k for ivf alone, patients pay for drugs themselves, cos they might economise on the drugs,
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Good news! The theme for the september RCCG special Holy Ghost service has been unveiled ! 'No more unfruitful efforts'. This service is for those in God's waiting room.

Every year I come here and announce and invite. This year the wicked one has tried to mock me so I'm starting early to announce and invite all believing mothers. For the past 5 years I have marked present. The cool thing is that 4 years ago I met a TTC momma here and we hooked up at the camp and became bestos. Today she is expecting. So I know my time is nigh.
Date: Friday September 2 ,2016
Venue: the church auditorium
Time: 7pm
If you are interested, I can provide shared accomodation where we can all lay our heads after the programme till the next morning. If interested please lemme know.
God bless you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ayanuke: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Good news! The themne for the september RCCG special Holy Ghost service has been unveiled ! 'No more unfruitful efforts'. This service is for those in God's waiting room.

Every year I come here and announce and invite. This year the wicked one has tried to mock me so I'm starting early to announce and invite all believing mothers. For the past 5 years I have marked present. The cool thing is that 4 years ago I met a TTC momma here and we hooked up at the camp and became bestos. Today she is expecting. So I know my time is nigh.
If you are interested, I can provide shared accomodation where we can all lay our heads after the programme till the next morning. If interested please lemme know.
God bless you

I will keep praying for you till I can dance with you. Big hug sis.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 4:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
ayanuke:

I will keep praying for you till I can dance with you. Big hug sis.
Azzin ehhh. The dance is loading ehhhh. God bless u nne
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 11:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Good news! The theme for the september RCCG special Holy Ghost service has been unveiled ! 'No more unfruitful efforts'. This service is for those in God's waiting room.
God bless you
. Lady G God will honour his word regarding fertility in ur life. God bless u ma

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
I have a story. Please do not quote, it is too long.

I don't know how to start. It's been a longgggg journey.
I was initially diagnosed with PCOS.

I started treatment 2011. As at the day of my wedding, I had not had a period in 2years. I started at LASUTH with met*formin and 8 cycles of Clo*mid. I didn't ovulate on any. Moved to Ancilla Catholic hospital where i did met*formin, bromo*criptine and Clo*mid again.....no ovulation.

I returned to LASUTH. During one of their strikes, i noticed i was spotting. I went to a scan centre at Fagba (Useless place), did BPT which was negative but the scan man did a scan and said "Madam, you are pregnant oh". I told him of the negative BPT, he said it happens but from scan, he can see I am PREGNANT. I was asked to come back for a repeat scan in a week. I did and the report was incompete abortion. I was recommended for an evacuation.

I went to a private hospital and a D&C was done. LASUTH called off there strike and I returned to tell them what happened. On further investigations it was discovered that I wasn't pregnant at all, I just had a blood clot which was as a result of irregular menstruation.

The Dr. later tried other things but I didn't conceive, she then advised me to go for IVF. I wept like a baby. I got to the bridge clinic and when they told me the price, I wept more.

I decided to try IUI first which was cheaper. I did the 1st one at Olive branch, it failed. 2nd one at Regenesis, it failed.

I repeated HSG and that was when I got a heartbreaking diagnosis.
1. ASHERMAN
2. Blocked tubes
3. Adhesions everywhere.

This was as a result of the D&C that was done. Let me break this down. Part 2 is next.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2016
Part 2. After the terrible HSG report, I cried to God. I prayed and asked him for a miracle. I rejected the hsg report but started taking serrapeptase, nattokinase and wobenzyme.

I went back to the place for a new HSG. Result showed
1. PATENT tubes (GOD IS GREAT)
2. Partial Adhesions.

At that point I changed hospitals to Good tidings hospital. The Dr. Is a great man. He examined me like no dr had done before.He said I need to do a adheloysis** to separate the uterus walls and charged 250k..I started pricing him. I told him 100k..Lol. he reduced it to 200k. I decided to seek a second opinion and the person advised I don't do it cos sometimes it causes more harm than good.

I was tried and tired. I jumped over to IVF. Few days to my cycle start I decided to do a hormonal test at union diagnostics. My sisters be very careful of test results from there.

The result came out with them diagnosing premature menopause, hypo prolactemia, thryiodism***. Ha, Mogbe. I fainted and woke up. I took the result to the IVF Dr. He said based on this result he would advise I use donor eggs but the earlier result on my AMH was high and so he would ignore the result and go ahead with the IVF.

We started the IVF process. My lining refused to thin. I took several injections and several drugs to induce period. Lining no thin. Ha! The Dr then advised I go ahead with stimulation, retrieve and freeze the embryos.

From someone who was diagnosed of premature menopause, 17 eggs were retrieved on short protocol (GOD is the GREATEST ). 10 fertilized, 8 made it to blastocyst (5 day transfer). I also had OHSS.

I had my first cycle and it failed. I got ready for a second cycle. I decided to change things differently.

1. I started taking bromo*criptine, 1 a day.
2. I included 500*mg proges*terone injection weekly
3. I wore socks through my 2ww for warmt
4. I did 2 sessions of accupuncture. 1 before transfer and next after transfer.
5. Started taking Omega 3
6. Searched my bible for every scripture on fruitfulness. I will insert my name there. Verses which says, your vineyard will be fruitful I will change it to my uterus will be fruitful.
7. I walked, i didnt relax like previous cycle. I will walk round the house.
8. I took folic acid 2 times a day
9. I took drugs for immune issues just incase.
10. I prayed, sang songs and laughed a lot.

God looked down on his mercies and decided to bless us.

It's a BFP. I am PREGNANT. I have tested with more than 15 test strips. Yessss. The second line is there.

Follow me thank this God who disgraced Asherman's, Menopause, PCOS, prolactin, witches and wizards and blessed me.

I pray for everyone of us, God is not a partial one. He will answer you now. His mercies endures forever.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Good news! The theme for the september RCCG special Holy Ghost service has been unveiled ! 'No more unfruitful efforts'. This service is for those in God's waiting room.Every year I come here and announce and invite. This year the wicked one has tried to mock me so I'm starting early to announce and invite all believing mothers. For the past 5 years I have marked present. The cool thing is that 4 years ago I met a TTC momma here and we hooked up at the camp and became bestos. Today she is expecting. So I know my time is nigh.
God bless you

Nice gesture sis, I encourage us all to try and make it, God will reward us and take all the Glory.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by conyema12(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
wonyi:

ABOVE ALL ,IT'S GOD

What about love making after ET.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Itissettled3, God is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats sis. The Lord keep you through this journey, you will carry and birth in peace and God will give u TRIPLE in Jesus name
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
conyema12:

no love making
after transfer . they will advise you to stay off it for 8weeks. contractions are not good for the uterus after transfer o. so no love making or activity that can cause orgasm
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
conyema12:

For IUI, some docs will say no and some will say its okay, but Its a no no for IVF
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ok na! It is with joy that I state that that my besto whom I mentioned I met here on this thread that got pregnant is itissettled. As she don finally announce na...
Congrats again nne.
It is only God.

11 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by conyema12(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
wholesomegrace:

For IUI, some docs will say no and some will say its okay, but Its a no no for IVF

Pls what about climbing upstairs. Cos I live in a third floor and that's about 50 stairs to climb.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tatanda17: 9:18am On Aug 09, 2016
Hello House, please you need your opinion in the below HSG result;

1.The cervical canal and uterine outline are normal
2.The Fallopian tubes are demonstrated with spills bilaterally
3. Perifimbrial contrast are noted

IMPRESSION

1. Normal Uterus
2. Perifimbrial Adhesions

Please i really don't know the decision to take now, whether to go for surgery, IVF or just be hopeful. Has anyone gone through this before?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2016
Tatanda17:
Hello House, please you need your opinion in the below HSG result;

1.The cervical canal and uterine outline are normal
2.The Fallopian tubes are demonstrated with spills bilaterally
3. Perifimbrial contrast are noted

IMPRESSION

1. Normal Uterus
2. Perifimbrial Adhesions

Please i really don't know the decision to take now, whether to go for surgery, IVF or just be hopeful. Has anyone gone through this before?
Have you spoken with your doctor? What did he say? You cannot base such a crucial desicion on what people tell you on NL cos 1. Nobody can have the same exact form of adhesions 2. It is only your doctor who has examined you that can give u expert opinion on options and you then prayerfully decide.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2016
conyema12:

Pls what about climbing upstairs. Cos I live in a third floor and that's about 50 stairs to climb.

The basic thing is that you can go on with your normal activities, but avoid anything strenous at least for the first five days after transfer. You can climb your stairs slowly but don't go up and down.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tatanda17: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Have you spoken with your doctor? What did he say? You cannot base such a crucial desicion on what people tell you on NL cos 1. Nobody can have the same exact form of adhesions 2. It is only your doctor who has examined you that can give u expert opinion on options and you then prayerfully decide.

Many thanks for the response, My doctor said he was going to refer me to a specialist for surgery and will be going for the appointment tomorrow.

I just needed advise from someone who has gone through this before and done a successful surgery
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
Tatanda17:

Many thanks for the response, My doctor said he was going to refer me to a specialist for surgery and will be going for the appointment tomorrow.

I just needed advise from someone who has gone through this before and done a successful surgery
I have. And all I have had is wahala. The adhesions come back again . Had a repeat adhesiolysis done last 2 weeks sef.
The question you need to ask is, which part of the uterus is affected? Will it affect implantation? Your tubes are patent and your uterus is generally not bad. When your doctor has answered (you can get a 2nd opinion) then consider enzyme therapy ist (serrapeptase and nattokinase) for 2 months before getting a hysterescopy (my opinion)

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
conyema12:

NO NO NO

U know ivf pregnancies are usually pampered. It's advise able to avoid intercourse for the first three months. No driving, no hard job,no love making. Any thing that will induce stress. Avoid stress related jobs.

Some hospitals will tell u when to stop making love.maybe 5 days before egg collection. One major reason is to avoid infection. A situation where by the woman has a clean health with infection.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mybodee: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=48244200]Good news! The theme for the september RCCG special Holy Ghost service has been unveiled ! 'No more unfruitful efforts'. This service is for those in God's waiting room.

Lady G,

I am here today to encourage you. I am a mum to a beautiful boy that will clock one year soon after 8 years of marriage and 7 IVFs. My IVF journey started at Nodical in 2011 and was a BFN. I moved to Olive Branch in 2012 where I had 5 successive IVFs and One FET. I got BFP twice and those where 5day ET. First one, I started spotting on the day I had my BFP and the second is now a beautiful baby boy. Why I stayed with Dr Emeka for that long and till I had success is story for another Day. Don't Give up. Hold on to God. Keep researching and believing. God is still in the business of doing Good. You will laugh Soon. I dont know you but I remember you always in prayers. You answered my questions on Giving birth thread without my asking by answering other people along with this invite to other waiting mothers prompt me to write you. Dont stop attending these programmes. Anywhere you know the name of God is being called go there. Dont be weary in doing good. If God can do it for Sarah, Hannah, me and some others on this thread, He will surely do for you and all others still waiting. May God bless your kind heart.

12 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
@ Itissettled3,your name says it all . congratulations. I wish u triplet for all your troubles.

Now please continue and hold on to the word of God. Very imperative.
Luke 1.37

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
@mybodee God bless U. I am truly motivated.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uc2hot: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
@it is settled..congratulations.i follow this thread quietly but ur post touched me so much.may God keep and sustain you.AMEN.
Where was the acupunture done and which clinic did you use?

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Harni(m), AifyGod and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.