Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276430 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 18, 2016
mamakendra:

Ok. Thank you
Just got her num 08037321593

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamakendra(f): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
obakovich:

Just got her num 08037321593
There is no address on the complementary card.
Pls I need the address of the place/spa.
Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 19, 2016
mamakendra:

There is no address on the complementary card.
Pls I need the address of the place/spa.
Thank you
U can call her she will direct you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Its quiet in here.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by byvan03: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2016
Please I need recommendations for IVF Clinic in PH.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fpeter(f): 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Dear All, let's try and make it to the September Holy Ghost Service of RCCG
This edition will be special, It's all about fruitfulness. After seeing the large
gathering of babies that were dedicated at the August Convention, I made
a vow to attend. I believe God will visit us and change our stories as we attend.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
byvan03:
Please I need recommendations for IVF Clinic in PH.

THEY ARE many of them,

1. bridge clinic - upto 1.5m ev0 rd gra
2. save a life clinic - gra jxn -staduim rd 1.1m
3. gynescope - 1.2m or so eliozu - airport rd.
4. there is another 1 on nta rd, cant remember the name, scroll back on the thread. if you have money, bridge still remain s the best and most professional, as per success rate, nothing available officially , so its hard to decide
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Dadsonval(f): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
fpeter:
This edition will be special, It's all about fruitfulness. After seeing the large
a vow to attend. I believe God will visit us and change our stories as we attend.
Amen. I'll be there also by God's grace
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by byvan03: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
mommatriplets:

THEY ARE many of them,

4. there is another 1 on nta rd, cant remember the name, scroll back on the thread. if you have money, bridge still remain s the best and most professional, as per success rate, nothing available officially , so its hard to decide

Thanks dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2016
mommatriplets:

THEY ARE many of them,

The last time I checked SaveALife was 10k dollars.though negotiable. There's Bridgestone. The doctor believes in natural approach. And after 4 iui, he suggests ivf . before iui the couple will be treated for infection n flushing of the tube before iui.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2016
wonyi:

The last time I checked SaveALife was 10k dollars.though negotiable. There's Bridgestone. The doctor believes in natural approach. And after 4 iui, he suggests ivf . before iui the couple will be treated for infection n flushing of the tube before iui.
10k dollars?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
@WONYI , 10k dollars, or naira eqiuvalent?...does he charge in usd?.

secondly..this bridgestone, where is it, never heard of it b4
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
Yes 10k.depends on your bargaining power.last year I know people that paid above 2 million for sex selection and some paid 1.6k for icsi. Handled by Indians so the reason for the hike. The flight cost,feeding and accommodation is built into the cost.may this year someone had quaduplet. And it was free . yeah through divine rememberance. It's done once every year around February.

Bridgestone is at checking point . Rupokwu
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
During the divine rememberance last year 30 couples where picked and they benefited without paying a dime. The doctor told me that dollar is preferable or conversation rate of #300.

IT IS WELL
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
wonyi:
During the divine rememberance last year 30 couples where picked and they benefited without paying a dime. The doctor told me that dollar is preferable or conversation rate of #300.

IT IS WELL

Them are trying. Dollars ke! Nigeria sef
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Darlynn(f): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hi everybody!!! I'm new here, actually I've been a member but deactivated my account. I must commend all the contributors to this thread(yes i read it all), you all have been fantastic and May God bless you all.
I'm TTC for 15months. I've done all the tests..hormone profile,HSG(this one was painfulllllllll) and follicular tracking. Good news is that all is well. But SA for DH showed azoospermia(0 sperm cell). He did it twice with same result. Then further investigative showed testicular torsion. I've researched online and i know we'd have to do TESE and then proceed to IVF thats why I'm here. Anybody here with any information that concerning this? I'd really appreciate. Also is there another besides ivf?

May God help us all to achieve BFPs, Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Darlynn(f): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
Beht 10k dollars dere oooo... shuuuu.. is there success rate 90%? besides dollar is now #400

wonyi:
Yes 10k.depends on your bargaining power.last year I know people that paid above 2 million for sex selection and some paid 1.6k for icsi. Handled by Indians so the reason for the hike. The flight cost,feeding and accommodation is built into the cost.may this year someone had quaduplet. And it was free . yeah through divine rememberance. It's done once every year around February.

Bridgestone is at checking point . Rupokwu
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nwarosa: 2:33am On Aug 25, 2016
What is antiphospholipid syndrome?

Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) is the name given to a condition, which involves the immune system where antibodies are made acting against the body itself, called auto-antibodies.

The blood tests for presence of lupus anticoagulant and levels of anticardiolipin G and M antibodies will identify whether or not you have APS.

Having this syndrome doesn’t make you ill but it is associated with the following:

-Recurrent early miscarriage
-Late pregnancy losses
-Pre-eclampsia
-Small babies
-Venous and arterial thrombosis

The APS auto-antibodies are found in 2% of women but not all will have problems in pregnancy.

You will need to have two positive tests usually 12 weeks apart to say definitely you have the syndrome.

If you have APS, treatment is available to reduce your risk of another miscarriage.

This will usually be in the form of low-dose aspirin and low-dose heparin.

Your chances of a live birth will increase from just 1 in 10 if you have no treatment, to 4 in 10 if you take aspirin alone and to 7 in 10 if you take both aspirin and heparin.

Because of the risk of pre-eclampsia and small babies, your pregnancy will be carefully monitored and serial growth scans will also be performed.

Edited/copied from Stepping Hill (Womens' Unit) guidelines.

#atgmiscarriage

#atgaps

#atgantiphospholipid

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 7:18am On Aug 25, 2016
nwarosa:
What is antiphospholipid syndrome?

Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) is the name given to a condition, which involves the immune system where antibodies are made acting against the body itself, called auto-antibodies.

The blood tests for presence of lupus anticoagulant and levels of anticardiolipin G and M antibodies will identify whether or not you have APS.

Having this syndrome doesn’t make you ill but it is associated with the following:

-Recurrent early miscarriage
-Late pregnancy losses
-Pre-eclampsia
-Small babies
-Venous and arterial thrombosis

The APS auto-antibodies are found in 2% of women but not all will have problems in pregnancy.

You will need to have two positive tests usually 12 weeks apart to say definitely you have the syndrome.

If you have APS, treatment is available to reduce your risk of another miscarriage.

This will usually be in the form of low-dose aspirin and low-dose heparin.

Your chances of a live birth will increase from just 1 in 10 if you have no treatment, to 4 in 10 if you take aspirin alone and to 7 in 10 if you take both aspirin and heparin.

Because of the risk of pre-eclampsia and small babies, your pregnancy will be carefully monitored and serial growth scans will also be performed.

Edited/copied from Stepping Hill (Womens' Unit) guidelines.

#atgmiscarriage

#atgaps

#atgantiphospholipid

Thanks for the information
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omopepper: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2016
Good day all. I have followed this thread since 2013. I finally decided to comment. I will be going for an icsi procedure by Oct. Praying to get a BFP. Been married for 4yrs and never been pregnant. May God answer all TTC mothers. It's our turn to rejoice

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
omopepper:
Good day all. I have followed this thread since 2013. I finally decided to comment. I will be going for an icsi procedure by Oct. Praying to get a BFP. Been married for 4yrs and never been pregnant. May God answer all TTC mothers. It's our turn to rejoice

Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 10:22am On Aug 26, 2016
omopepper:

Amen, im sure you would have learnt a lot from the thread since you been following for a while. My two cents.... prepare your body well, eat good well balanced diet, eleminate refined food and sugar, start now by drinking enough water, start walking (mild excercise) and start praying. Encourage ur hubby to do same. All will be well in Jesus name

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2016
Darlynn:
Hi everybody!!! I'm new here, actually I've been a member but deactivated my account. I must commend all the contributors to this thread(yes i read it all), you all have been fantastic and May God bless you all.
I'm TTC for 15months. I've done all the tests..hormone profile,HSG(this one was painfulllllllll) and follicular tracking. Good news is that all is well. But SA for DH showed azoospermia(0 sperm cell). He did it twice with same result. Then further investigative showed testicular torsion. I've researched online and i know we'd have to do TESE and then proceed to IVF thats why I'm here. Anybody here with any information that concerning this? I'd really appreciate. Also is there another besides ivf?

May God help us all to achieve BFPs, Amen

Pele sis, that HSG hmnnnn, it well. Since your test came back ok, was wondering if TESE could be done with IUI, before trying for IVF. I dont really know, maybe sabi mamas can torchlight this or you cld ask your gynea. Whichever is the best approach, be encouraged to go for it
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by KeneD: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hello TTC sisters,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have an unopened 10ml bottle of progesterone in Ethyl Oleate injection 100mg/ml to give out. It's a leftover from a recent medicated cycle that failed. It's free and I will add unopened syringes and needles to go with it. I can arrange physical delivery around Akwa Ibom/Rivers, otherwise, recipient will pay for courier. Please PM if in need.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Darlynn(f): 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks a lot dear, We'd consider IUI first before IVF.. it would depend on the outcome of the TESE. I had to start preparing my mind for the IVF possibility because i don't want Doctors to break the news like they are about to shock me! ( ._.) . The urologist hasn't gotten back to us with the results of DH's blood test. This would begin our process to our miracle babies!!

Have you ever had a married friend tell you she's taking postinor2, because she doesn't want to get pregnant "so soon"(she has a 1 year old and she wants to start business)

I just laugh, this life sef... people dey find belle while some people dey dodge belle!!!! God is our strength

wholesomegrace:

Pele sis, that HSG hmnnnn, it well. Since your test came back ok, was wondering if TESE could be done with IUI, before trying for IVF. I dont really know, maybe sabi mamas can torchlight this or you cld ask your gynea. Whichever is the best approach, be encouraged to go for it

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hmm...I've followed this thread religiously from the first page to the last, and I'm still following. During this time, I've shared in the joys of those who have gotten their BFPs and consequently their babies, and also those who are currently preggers.

My heart also goes out to those who are still in GOD's waiting room - I assure you that when you least expect, GOD will arise suddenly and show HIMSELF mighty, and put laughter in our mouths like HE did for Sarah, Hannah and people like Blendy, Nogen, Iwangobio, Redeemersave etc, and our latest Mama Iberin - Itissettled (who I pray will give us our first quads on this thread)

To be in GOD,s waiting room is not easy, but GOD will give us the grace for it in JESUS name. I know it's not easy because I was also there for 6 good years before GOD finally wiped my tears away.
I got married in 2002, and had my first baby in 2008, but during this time of waiting, there's nothing wey my eyes no see or wey my ears no hear. Somebody even had the effrontery to call me a witch to my face, say na me dey chop my pikins (simply because she thought I wasn't "worried" about my childlessness). I also had malicious neighbours who (for this same reason) would shove their kids in my face and say hurtful jokes just to spite me, because I was the only barren woman amongst them. Abeg tori plenty my people....

The one that really shook hubby and I was when one of our co-tenants told me not to touch her baby when I went to pay her and her husband a visit on their return from a trip abroad. When I stretched my hand to play with her baby, she said "Sister D....e joo e ma fowo kan omo mi o." (meaning I shouldn't touch her baby). And no be say we dey quarrel before oo.

Hmm...l just left their flat without a word and wobbled upstairs to my apartment where I told my hubby and wept my eyes out several days later, and even my hubby consoled me to no avail. The woman later came with her husband to apologize to me and gave me the baby to carry, which I did reluctantly ( abi is it her fault say I never get my own?) I've already forgiven her and put it past me, moreso, as GOD has vindicated me and given me my own kids. I pray that GOD who did mine and many others' will answer each and everyone desiring this gift and put enemies to shame in JESUS name.

Now to you Lady Guinivere, all I can say is WOW! You are such an amazing human being - so selfless, bubbly, helpful, and so full of life and energy. The LORD is indeed your strength. You have shown me how best to behave when faced with life's challenges - I've really learnt a lot from you, and I pray that this year will not pass you by in JESUS name. Don't worry, we shall all surely rejoice with you too. You are one of the reasons I'm still following this thread, and I really wish I could go for September Holy Ghost just to meet you face to face.
I love you Sis, no homo, just continue being your wonderful self. GOD bless us and baby dust to everyone.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmmmm. What can I say? Nothing but I return ALL the glory to our God. The Almighty.
Thank you Woreva. I know that I too shall come back soon and like you testify.
I love you too ! Lol @nohomo cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Brethren. Are you (like me) tired of;
1. Peeing on so many sticks. So much so that you have singlehandedly made OPTS and HPTS companies increase their profit
2. Counting dates and BDing by the calendar?
3. Run so many tests that ALL the labs in your city know you by name and actually fill your forms without asking you for a single detail?
4. Throwing money you laboured for at doctors for procedures with names you can't pronounce? Or with acronyms that you don't know what they stand for? Hysterescopy, hysteresalpingogram, sp..m analysis, Follicometry, IUI, IVF, ICSI to mention but a few. Meanwhile you haven't gotten the pleasure of paying for procedures you actually want? Like antenatal scans, Epidural, Midwifes fees, Doctor's fees and hospital fees for delivery?
5. Having affliction rear up its ugly head to devour pregnancies that you have even given the baby names
6. Having your down below turned to a 'public part' because so many doctors and lab techinicans have poked and prodded at you.

If yes. Please you are gently reminded of the special Holy Ghost service for those believing God for the fruit of the womb. It is aptly captioned 'No more Fruitless efforts'
Date: Friday 2nd September 2016
Venue : the Arena, Redemption Camp. Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
Time : 7pm
Again. Like me, you may have been going to this programme every year but remember that Hannah kept on going to Shiloh until the day of remembrance and the word was made manifest.

God bless you as you come. Come believing.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ayanuke: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Hmmmmm. What can I say? Nothing but I return ALL the glory to our God. The Almighty.
Thank you Woreva. I know that I too shall come back soon and like you testify.
I love you too ! Lol @nohomo cheesy

A big Amen, said a prayer for you, myself and everyone. Have a fruitful week everyone

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by emmatoby(m): 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
fpeter:

September Holy Ghost Service of RCCG is Here!

Are you planning to attend this September Holy Ghost Service 2016 @ RCCG CAMP and you're worried about where to stay? We've got good news for you.

Homaj wants you to have a wonderful time in the presence of God by providing a convenient place to lodge at a cheaper price. Feel free to contact us for more info on 09058566868 or email: homajng@gmail.com

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
emmatoby:

September Holy Ghost Service of RCCG is Here!

Are you planning to attend this September Holy Ghost Service 2016 @ RCCG CAMP and you're worried about where to stay? We've got good news for you.

Homaj wants you to have a wonderful time in the presence of God by providing a convenient place to lodge at a cheaper price. Feel free to contact us for more info on 09058566868 or email: homajng@gmail.com

Thanks.
So you now came to market your accomodation for women that are looking for babies on their thread for the special H/G service?
It is well! Everything na business gan

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Dadsonval(f): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

So you now came to market your accomodation for women that are looking for babies on their thread for the special H/G service?
It is well! Everything na business gan
@ LadyGuinivere, kikikikikikikiki May God help us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.