Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1278880 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bunu234: 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Tutu82:

The abdominal pain if it feels like period cramps is quiet normal.The medications have put your body through a lot.Drink a lot of water and take short walks you should feel some relief in a few days.
It can be Ohss as well if your pain is severe.Are you swollen in your abdomen or any vomiting at all?.

Yes like severe menstrual cramps but have subsided greatly. Thanks a lot �
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
bunu234:

Yes like severe menstrual cramps but have subsided greatly. Thanks a lot �
I meant quite not quiet.
Autocorrect making me sound like an Illiterate all of the time.
Am glad it has subsided, Good luck on your Journey and tell us good news soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Goldie16(f): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
Blessgerald:
No I wasn't given I was only given panadol after retrieval and cyclogest after transfer.
Theses are My Embryos Qualities
All day 5 blastocyst
1 BB,1BC,1CB,2CC,1D
1BB AND 1BC was transferred and it failed then 1CB AND 2CC were frozen but they say it takes 3months before considering anything.thanks
Jesu oooòoo. How can they not give you antibiotics after retrieval. Doesn't sound normal o. what?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mzlove100: 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
Was your Cycle Successful there I am thinking of Cycling with them soon
Queenmother1:
Update guys... This is day 2 of my down regulation and going well aside the headache i feel.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mzlove100: 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pls someone should recommend a Good IVF clinic for me in Abuja and how to Prepare my body for the whole Procedure May God Answer all our Prayers and Grant our Hear Desires
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bimkas(f): 3:56am On Aug 06, 2021
Good morning,

Have been following this group for a while and I want to share my TTC journey here and seek advice.
My first IVF and 2nd were with bridge, I achieved pregnancy on the 2nd one which resulted in an empty gestation sac and was aborted.
While waiting to cycle again, someone introduced a Dr to us on the island but the Dr uses another clinic cos he does not have an IVF lab. My experience with the clinic was bad, their egg retrieval procedure was poor. I was in serious pain which they still go ahead with the transfer. Both fresh and FET was failed.
Ever since then have been feeling a dull pain on my left side which comes and go.
Have done a scan in two different labs, I was told it's an infection and have used antibiotic several. the pain is still there.pls I need advice on what should I do
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 7:03am On Aug 06, 2021
You will surely testify, the Same God that did it for me will do it for you too. Keep confessing his promises.
mimitoosh:
Congratulations mama,may you carry to term,I tap into this testimony of yours,I am on my tww,am praying that I will have resounding testimony like yours,congratulations once more ma.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Chibekee16: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2021
MummyNeto:
Someone should tell me I am not dreaming, it's a BFP!!!
How I longed for a day like this, God I'm so grateful, thank you for taking away my reproach of 4 years. Thank you Jesus.

Thanks to everyone that shared their journey here, @ Henmaris, thank you so much, I started taking the Prednisone as you suggested here even without my doctor's permission, this was my first ever IVF, I had day5 blastocysts transferred last week, so I just checked now only to see two lines, @mommdav may God bless your kind heart, you encouraged me to go for a hysterescopy before going for the IVF and I did that.

This new month shall bring more testimonies to this family. Thank you all, you have all been amazing.
Congrats sis. It shall be an easy and stress-free pregnancy for you. You shall deliver safely at the appointed time. I pray and hope to testify soon.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Chibekee16: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2021
bimkas:
Good morning,

Have been following this group for a while and I want to share my TTC journey here and seek advice.
My first IVF and 2nd were with bridge, I achieved pregnancy on the 2nd one which resulted in an empty gestation sac and was aborted.
While waiting to cycle again, someone introduced a Dr to us on the island but the Dr uses another clinic cos he does not have an IVF lab. My experience with the clinic was bad, their egg retrieval procedure was poor. I was in serious pain which they still go ahead with the transfer. Both fresh and FET was failed.
Ever since then have been feeling a dull pain on my left side which comes and go.
Have done a scan in two different labs, I was told it's an infection and have used antibiotic several. the pain is still there.pls I need advice on what should I do

Am so sorry about this. What mamas pass through in this jorney is not easy but I pray God will wipe ours tears and bless us with our bundles of joy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2021
MummyNeto:
You will surely testify, the Same God that did it for me will do it for you too. Keep confessing his promises.

Amen,amen and amen,thank you mama

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
Good day everyone, wishing us all success in our efforts. May God crown us with joy and laughter.

Please, I need recommendations for IVF clinics a first timer TTC can use for IVF procedures within Lagos considering limited budget and good services/results. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bunu234: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
tabontabon:
Good day everyone, wishing us all success in our efforts. May God crown us with joy and laughter.

Please, I need recommendations for IVF clinics a first timer TTC can use for IVF procedures within Lagos considering limited budget and good services/results. Thanks

Try Diff, Joje, Grabbo (although I don’t like their customer service but been hearing good results)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
Thanks for your response. I did a quick Google search, all the three clinics you mentioned are in Abuja.

I actually need IVF clinics within Lagos.

bunu234:

Try Diff, Joje, Grabbo (although I don’t like their customer service but been hearing good results)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Okoro48: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
This life is just unfair, so many women are here crying for the fruit of the womb , spending their last kobo to get pregnant, while some people are out their killing the ones they have. This life no balance. I pray we all achieve this goal on child bearing. And we will all rejoice and be grateful for all the prayers and efforts we have put in place …. Our efforts in this journey will never be in vain. We shall all carry our babies to full term big Amen

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Babitee1(f): 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
pslm23:
Wow!! To say I am overwhelmed by the support and encouragement I've received here since posting my journey would be an understatement. I'm crying because it feels like I have my family all around me supporting me. What a great feeling.
Ok, here's an update. I got for my BETA next Tuesday but i couldn't resist POAS'ing (peeing on a stick) this morning out of curiosity and it was positive grin I've promised myself I won't do it anymore and just wait until the BETA test to conclusively confirm it. But what a great feeling I had when i saw the positive sign on the digital test.

You guys are the best support group a girl could ask for.

Wow congratulations. As a fertility Nurse I know the complexity of the couple TTC. I know your children will be Big now. Hopefully this type of trend will continue on Nairaland,where people share their fertility journey with others. And how they were able to overcome the challenges.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 7:39am On Aug 07, 2021
tabontabon:
Thanks for your response. I did a quick Google search, all the three clinics you mentioned are in Abuja.

I actually need IVF clinics within Lagos.

Hello @ tabontabon,
There are 2 clinics I can recommend based on experience, service, pricing and personalized care. They don't have crowd also
They are both clinics anyway and don't operate 24hrs but they are good and not too money focused grin

My advice is just ask for God's guidance in choosing a clinic

Origene Health Services, Ikoyi
Green-onyx fertility, Opebi

Do you research well also, their price is between 1.5m - 1.8m
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meetme01: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2021
Peonies:
Hello people. Please who knows the step by step procedure at st. Ives ikoyi. I’m about to cycle with them and I want to know what to expect. I can’t go back now cuz we have made payment. Any advise from those who have cycled with them? We want to be able to get our bfp in one cycle. Thank you

We just started with their Abeokuta branch. My wife was given a drug to use for 21days. She has been feeling weak. We inquired, the nurse said,it's a normal. That's all I know for now.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meetme01: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2021
Lamay:
It is a BFP

I've had one failed cycle in the past and I also changed hospital because I didn't like how the hospital I used did their thing.

I prepared myself for more than 3months because of some circumstances beyond my control. I ate healthy,lost some weight too.

My husband and I prayed about two hospitals separately and God spoke to us to use a particular hospital on our list.

Did all my test and everything came out fine. Started the procedure and it was cancelled because my period refuse to stop.

Started again and everything worked fine.

I got 10eggs, 4 fertilised, 3 made it to day 3 and I had a day 3 transfer. Then the 2ww began. The most dreaded 2 weeks of my life. I had my transfer on a Monday, rested till Thursday and resumed school on Friday. I didn't take my bath from Tuesday to Thursday. I also didn't use deodorant or body cream for 1week. I drank a lot of water, ate pineapple core for 5days. I took avocado and banana all through the 2weeks even till now.

I did a home PT on day 12 and it was positive. Also had my blood PT on day 14 qnd it was positive.

Congratulations,ma. Can you please highlight the step by step procedure of St Ives.? Just started with them at their Abeokuta branch. They use the same doctors so I believe, the procedure should be same.

My wife was given a med for 21days which she's currently taking. Do you know the name? The nurse is reluctant to disclose and I need to make research on it..

Kindly help with the step by step guide.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Thanks. I appreciate

Towerofgrace:

Hello @ tabontabon,
There are 2 clinics I can recommend based on experience, service, pricing and personalized care. They don't have crowd also
They are both clinics anyway and don't operate 24hrs but they are good and not too money focused grin

My advice is just ask for God's guidance in choosing a clinic

Origene Health Services, Ikoyi
Green-onyx fertility, Opebi

Do you research well also, their price is between 1.5m - 1.8m

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2021
Good morning, what is their pricing like? Wishing you all the best.

meetme01:

We just started with their Abeokuta branch. My wife was given a drug to use for 21days. She has been feeling weak. We inquired, the nurse said,it's a normal. That's all I know for now.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meetme01: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2021
tabontabon:
Good morning, what is their pricing like? Wishing you all the best.

IM
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2021
Thanks for the response. Can you help with their location at Abeokuta?

meetme01:

IM
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meetme01: 11:11am On Aug 09, 2021
tabontabon:
Thanks for the response. Can you help with their location at Abeokuta?

Ibadan Housing Estate. Opposite Housing Corporation, the road beside Lyceum School. Just drive down..the second turning to your left
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2021
meetme01:

Congratulations,ma. Can you please highlight the step by step procedure of St Ives.? Just started with them at their Abeokuta branch. They use the same doctors so I believe, the procedure should be same.

My wife was given a med for 21days which she's currently taking. Do you know the name? The nurse is reluctant to disclose and I need to make research on it..

Kindly help with the step by step guide.
How can you allow your wife to take a medication without knowing the name?.what if she has an allergic reaction to it.
Medication should always come in it’s original pack with expiry date clearly displaying.You paid for this service and it is your right to demand any explanation concerning the treatment from your Health personnel.
Please people let us take better care of yourselves people and then God would do the rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Twinbella: 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
Have anyone cycled with Nisa Fertility and Gynae Centre in Kaduna??
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
Okoro48:
This life is just unfair, so many women are here crying for the fruit of the womb , spending their last kobo to get pregnant, while some people are out their killing the ones they have. This life no balance. I pray we all achieve this goal on child bearing. And we will all rejoice and be grateful for all the prayers and efforts we have put in place …. Our efforts in this journey will never be in vain. We shall all carry our babies to full term big Amen
Sis, let us not be too quick to judge plus the news hardly ever tell the entire story.The way we are struggling to have children some with children are struggling to cope with the overwhelming task of raising theirs and need time to themselves too for self care.
Like you say,may we all achieve this goal of child bearing.Amen ++.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meetme01: 7:36am On Aug 12, 2021
Tutu82:

How can you allow your wife to take a medication without knowing the name?.what if she has an allergic reaction to it.
Medication should always come in it’s original pack with expiry date clearly displaying.You paid for this service and it is your right to demand any explanation concerning the treatment from your Health personnel.
Please people let us take better care of yourselves people and then God would do the rest.

I thank you for this. I have done the needful and went further advise them to ensure their nurses explain in details when giving drugs.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by emmygr8(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
mimitoosh:

Amen,amen and amen,thank you mama

Good afternoon and happy weekend to you sir.
I am Emeka, from MY BIG PHARMACY AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT LIMITED, PORTHARCOURT, NIGERIA.

We are suppliers of all sizes of high quality cryogenic storage and transportation dewars, and cryotherapy equipments in Nigeria.

YDS-30-125, YDS -30B-50: YDS-10-50, YDS-20-50, YDS-6-50, YDS-2-30, etc cryogenic liquid nitrogen transport and storage dewars and other sizes are available at My Big Pharmacy and Medical Equipment Nigeria Limited. Please call/whatsapp us @+2348131371790 for free delivery at your location. Or email us via customercare@mybigpharmacy.com, mybigpharmacy@gmail.com
or you can visit our website : www.mybigpharmacy.com for all our products.

Thank you

YDS-100B-210, YDS-80B-210, YDS-60B-210, YDS-50B-210, YDS-50B-125, YDS-50B-50, YDS-50B-80, YDS-35B-50, YDS-35-125
YDS-35-80, YDS-35-50, YDS-30-80
YDS-30-50, YDS-30-210, YDS-30-125, YDS-20B-50, YDS-20-125, YDS-20-50, YDS-20-80, YDS-15-80, YDS-15-125, YDS-10-125, YDS-10-210, YDS-1-30, YDS-2-30
YDS-3-50, YDS-6-50, YDS-10-50, YDS-10-80
YDS-10-125, YDS-10-210, YDS-15-50, YDS-15-80, YDS-15-125, YDS-20-50, YDS-20-80
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by emmygr8(m): 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
kemmyk:
Plss any WhatsApp group created for ivf, I really want to knw what some people are doing differently to achieve a Bfp, going in for my 4th cycle and am really praying it works plus if someone can recommend what I can use to increase my egg quantity am a slow responder and have done several months on dhea and ubiquinol and some other supplements but they had little impact on the quantity though the egg quality of the last cycle was impressive yet I had a bfn

Good afternoon and happy weekend to you sir.
I am Emeka, from MY BIG PHARMACY AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT LIMITED, PORTHARCOURT, NIGERIA.

We are suppliers of all sizes of high quality cryogenic storage and transportation dewars, and cryotherapy equipments in Nigeria.

YDS-30-125, YDS -30B-50: YDS-10-50, YDS-20-50, YDS-6-50, YDS-2-30, etc cryogenic liquid nitrogen transport and storage dewars and other sizes are available at My Big Pharmacy and Medical Equipment Nigeria Limited. Please call/whatsapp us @+2348131371790 for free delivery at your location. Or email us via customercare@mybigpharmacy.com, mybigpharmacy@gmail.com
or you can visit our website : www.mybigpharmacy.com for all our products.

Thank you

YDS-100B-210, YDS-80B-210, YDS-60B-210, YDS-50B-210, YDS-50B-125, YDS-50B-50, YDS-50B-80, YDS-35B-50, YDS-35-125
YDS-35-80, YDS-35-50, YDS-30-80
YDS-30-50, YDS-30-210, YDS-30-125, YDS-20B-50, YDS-20-125, YDS-20-50, YDS-20-80, YDS-15-80, YDS-15-125, YDS-10-125, YDS-10-210, YDS-1-30, YDS-2-30
YDS-3-50, YDS-6-50, YDS-10-50, YDS-10-80
YDS-10-125, YDS-10-210, YDS-15-50, YDS-15-80, YDS-15-125, YDS-20-50, YDS-20-80
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Chibekee16: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
I just had a failed cycle��� My heart is bleeding.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2021
Chibekee16:
I just had a failed cycle��� My heart is bleeding.

It is as though we did transfer same day,I too just had a failed cycle,got the news this morning,its so sad after all the journey...but stay strong mama,cry if you want to,but remember,God is aware and everything will be fine...you will be fine.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.