Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1278425 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 2:35am On Jan 11, 2022
legendsmother:

Mama cuppy thanks
Sweet heart, congrats.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2022
enye2000:
Hello beloved mamas, please i have this question Pertaining ivf procedure, the 2 weeks before egg retrieval. ..have anyone taken the medications for follicle stimulation at home(self administration) and then be sending the ultrasound scan to the doctor each day, and then go back few days before the retrieval,
N.B..the doctor i have consulted with said he does not allow that, am asking if anyone have tried it and name of the hospital please...i just started work and wont be permitted for 2 weeks or more absence...
I pray God grant our heart desires

for 2 weeks stims period, all medication was given to me to administer at home by myself, but i went to Dr's office for him to perform all the scans.

hmm, my advise will be to postpone your cycle till when you will be able to take excuse from work if your Dr is not in same location as you, also check the company policy on getting pregnant and maternity leave during the 1st year of service, as most companies will have you complete 12 months of continuous service before you are entitled to any type of leave except for sick leave that you will need to provide a Dr's report.

if u have never cycled before and this is your 1st ivf cycle, i would advise you seriously prepare and plan for it, cos it is a physically and mentally demanding process, however if your clinic is in same location as you are and you don't need to travel too far, you can let your manager or supervisor know that you have some medical appointments that may require you to report late for duty on particular days or extend your breaktime then you can go for scan appointment and return to the office but request ur Dr to give you notes to cover those days/appointments, it will prove that you are responsible

all the best sis

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zest4allife: 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2022
So sorry about the losses.
You can check the quality of the embryos or check if you have NK cells or even your thyroid hormone. Thankfully, they can all be monitored.
Erechi:
2 stop growing at 6 weeks and one @ 7 weeks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by enye2000: 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2022
Towerofgrace:

for 2 weeks stims period, all medication was given to me to administer at home by myself, but i went to Dr's office for him to perform all the scans.

hmm, my advise will be to postpone your cycle till when you will be able to take excuse from work if your Dr is not in same location as you, also check the company policy on getting pregnant and maternity leave during the 1st year of service, as most companies will have you complete 12 months of continuous service before you are entitled to any type of leave except for sick leave that you will need to provide a Dr's report.

if u have never cycled before and this is your 1st ivf cycle, i would advise you seriously prepare and plan for it, cos it is a physically and mentally demanding process, however if your clinic is in same location as you are and you don't need to travel too far, you can let your manager or supervisor know that you have some medical appointments that may require you to report late for duty on particular days or extend your breaktime then you can go for scan appointment and return to the office but request ur Dr to give you notes to cover those days/appointments, it will prove that you are responsible

all the best sis

Thanks for the advice, i reside outside the country and want to do it in Nigeria where its cheaper without insurance and high success rate, i can only be allowed 1 week off not 2 weeks at my job.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by enye2000: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
Omojudy:

Why didnt you use a clinic in your state then?
The one close to me is very costly without health insurance

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by goldtosure: 6:49am On Jan 12, 2022
enye2000:

Thanks for the advice, i reside outside the country and want to do it in Nigeria where its cheaper without insurance and high success rate, i can only be allowed 1 week off not 2 weeks at my job.

Mama the concern here is proximity to your hospital. Is there a way to discuss with your boss at work to give you some weeks off even if it's leave without pay so you can be closely monitored by your doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 9:32am On Jan 12, 2022
enye2000:

oh i see, it solely depends on your Dr then, but this will be very tight o, cos it means you have just one week to travel to naija, have egg retrieval and embryo transfer, then travel back almost immediately after transfer everything within the space of one week shocked , omo it will be tedious o, hmm think through it wella, don't want to discourage you but realistic option maybe to wait until you are able to take time off work to face it squarely

We don't pray for issues during any cycle, but it would be best you plan for other contingencies too, and to still answer your initial question looking at circumstances surrounding your enquiry, your Dr is the only one that can decide if he can work with follicular tracking from another centre.

All the best sis

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zest4allife: 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
I wanted to share about some protocols I have come across that helps patients, especially those considered to be DOR.

I realised that most fertility hospitals use one or two general types of protocols for every patient, which is not fair to those who have a low reserve of eggs because they will tend to have very poor response to the stimulation medication and then few or no eggs retrieved/fertilized/growing. At the end, such women are advised to use donor eggs or go for adoption, whether they are ready for this move or not.

Say NO to BCPs or Buserelin (agonist) because they will over-suppress the ovaries.

So the treatment options are:

- Estrogen priming antagonist protocol: Estrogen tabs (2mg) or Estrogen patches prescribed 7 days after ovulation and taken daily up till the start of a new cycle. This primes the follicles and makes them receptive to FSH for better growth, it also prevents lead follicle.
Stim with FSH/HMG and add an antagonist when the lead follicle is 14mm. Continue until trigger with HCG injection.
From experience, the patient would retrieve more eggs, that are better in quality.

- Letrozole antagonist protocol: There is no priming in this protocol. On day 2/3 , Letrozole is started and continued for the next 5 days or throughout the stimulation. The Doctor would determine the dose of the Letrozole, depending on the patient's needs.
Add an antagonist when the lead follicle is 14mm and continue till trigger with HCG injection.
The Letrozole stops the synthesis of Estrogen and indirectly induces the production of LH and FSH by the pituitary gland which is also stimulates the ovaries, in addition to the stimulation meds.
Letrozole is preferable to Clomid because it does not negatively affect the endometrial lining.

You can check this link, for more information https://www.ivfmd.net/services/aggressive-ivf-protocols

Please discuss your protocol with your doctors so that you are not given a one-size-fits-all treatment because IVF fees are no joke. God's grace, amen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejimaato: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
zest4allife:
I wanted to share about some protocols I have come across that helps patients, especially those considered to be DOR.

I realised that most fertility hospitals use one or two general types of protocols for every patient, which is not fair to those who have a low reserve of eggs because they will tend to have very poor response to the stimulation medication and then few or no eggs retrieved/fertilized/growing. At the end, such women are advised to use donor eggs or go for adoption, whether they are ready for this move or not.

Say NO to BCPs or Buserelin (agonist) because they will over-suppress the ovaries.

So the treatment options are:

- Estrogen priming antagonist protocol: Estrogen tabs (2mg) or Estrogen patches prescribed 7 days after ovulation and taken daily up till the start of a new cycle. This primes the follicles and makes them receptive to FSH for better growth, it also prevents lead follicle.
Stim with FSH/HMG and add an antagonist when the lead follicle is 14mm. Continue until trigger with HCG injection.
From experience, the patient would retrieve more eggs, that are better in quality.

- Letrozole antagonist protocol: There is no priming in this protocol. On day 2/3 , Letrozole is started and continued for the next 5 days or throughout the stimulation. The Doctor would determine the dose of the Letrozole, depending on the patient's needs.
Add an antagonist when the lead follicle is 14mm and continue till trigger with HCG injection.
The Letrozole stops the synthesis of Estrogen and indirectly induces the production of LH and FSH by the pituitary gland which is also stimulates the ovaries, in addition to the stimulation meds.
Letrozole is preferable to Clomid because it does not negatively affect the endometrial lining.

You can check this link, for more information https://www.ivfmd.net/services/aggressive-ivf-protocols

Please discuss your protocol with your doctors so that you are not given a one-size-fits-all treatment because IVF fees are no joke. God's grace, amen.

Thanks for info, I 'm currently doing antagonist protocol without estrogen priming. I was firstly given Cetrorelix 0.25mg for 3days before stimulation. I 'm currently on day 4 of stimulation and I will be doing scan b4 weekend to check the size of follicles. my Amh is 0.56, the doctor said that long protocol will supress me. May God hear our cry and crown our efforts with triplets. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by graciousme(f): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hello house.

Please can anyone help with adoption process information. I want genuine help please.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zest4allife: 8:59am On Jan 13, 2022
Surely, God will answer, amen.
Cetrorelix, an antagonist, reduces LH thereby preventing lead follicle, which could be an issue with low AMH. Your protocol is okay, you would get more information during your day 5 stimulation and then your doctor would determine if to increase or decrease your stimulation dose. Also note that the cetrorelix would be re-introduced when any of the follicles reach 14mm.
What dose are you on?
Mamaejimaato:

Thanks for info, I 'm currently doing antagonist protocol without estrogen priming. I was firstly given Cetrorelix 0.25mg for 3days before stimulation. I 'm currently on day 4 of stimulation and I will be doing scan b4 weekend to check the size of follicles. my Amh is 0.56, the doctor said that long protocol will supress me. May God hear our cry and crown our efforts with triplets. Amen

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejimaato: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2022
zest4allife:
Surely, God will answer, amen.
Cetrorelix, an antagonist, reduces LH thereby preventing lead follicle, which could be an issue with low AMH. Your protocol is okay, you would get more information during your day 5 stimulation and then your doctor would determine if to increase or decrease your stimulation dose. Also note that the cetrorelix would be re-introduced when any of the follicles reach 14mm.
What dose are you on?

@Zest4allife 3 gbosa for you���. You are just too much, everything you wrote here is how my doctor analysed it..I am on menotrophin and follisurge, 150IU each, making it 3001u. He said my first scan will be on day 7 of my stimulation and that will determine how to increase it and when to reintroduce cetrorelix 0.25mg injection... Please is right not to feel any symptom at all? All the injections are given subcutaneous belly.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by loldar2000(f): 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2022
loldar2000:

Visit ministry of Women affairs and Child Education of your state, the process will be given to you.
To prepare your mind, things to do are;
1. Writing an adoption letter to the Hon. Commissioner of the Ministry stated above stating the bracket age and sex of the child you want including your financial, mental and environment stability/capability. Also, reasons for adoption (childlessness/sibling for your child etc)
2. A form (a purchased) will be given to you to be signed by your ward chairman, clergy man and local govt chairman.
3. There will be house/home assessment.
4. You will be interviewed
5. You must be a native of that state or be a residence of at least 10years of stay
6. If its couple that adopting, you must be 21years older than the adopted child
7. If single, you must be at least 35years.
8. You will present copies of your birth certificate, Bank statement (1year), marriage certificate, medical fitness, citizenship certificate, national ID Card and passport for both couple

This should help you start. Mind you, it takes time, its a process thing. I wish you the best
@graciousme- check out this

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zest4allife: 11:55am On Jan 14, 2022
Thank you.
7th day is quite late for monitoring scan as it's usually 5th or 6th day of stimulation, unless you mean 7th day of your cycle. Please re-confirm from your doctor. Also, if you can, please ask for your hormone levels - FSH, Prog., E2 and LH to be monitored. Your FSH dosage may be increased by at least 75IU to 225IU.
It is normal not to have any side effects, everyone is different. Also note that all your meds are to your belly, around the belly button, except the HCG trigger.

Please keep us updated on your progress and God's grace.
Mamaejimaato:

@Zest4allife 3 gbosa for you���. You are just too much, everything you wrote here is how my doctor analysed it..I am on menotrophin and follisurge, 150IU each, making it 3001u. He said my first scan will be on day 7 of my stimulation and that will determine how to increase it and when to reintroduce cetrorelix 0.25mg injection... Please is right not to feel any symptom at all? All the injections are given subcutaneous belly.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2022
zest4allife:
Thank you.
7th day is quite late for monitoring scan as it's usually 5th or 6th day of stimulation, unless you mean 7th day of your cycle. Please re-confirm from your doctor. Also, if you can, please ask for your hormone levels - FSH, Prog., E2 and LH to be monitored. Your FSH dosage may be increased by at least 75IU to 225IU.
It is normal not to have any side effects, everyone is different. Also note that all your meds are to your belly, around the belly button, except the HCG trigger.

Please keep us updated on your progress and God's grace.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Smartangels: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good evening sabi mamas,
Pls can u assist me with recommendations on any good fertility egg booster drug to take in order to help natural conception. (note that I am already taking lots of veges)
It's 4years gap between my last child and want to prepare my body towards another birth cos age is also not on my side.

Appreciate ur kind responses.

May will all testify sooner than expected. Peace.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jellos: 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
Smartangels:
Good evening sabi mamas,
Pls can u assist me with recommendations on any good fertility egg booster drug to take in order to help natural conception. (note that I am already taking lots of veges)
It's 4years gap between my last child and want to prepare my body towards another birth cos age is also not on my side.

Appreciate ur kind responses.Bitter leaf juice or evergreen egg booster

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jellos: 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
Smartangels:
Good evening sabi mamas,

Amen.
Bitter leaf juice and Evergreen egg booster

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gellyz: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
pls i will like to get in touch with you for more information about this centre.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Okoro48: 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Hello mamas , Please can any one recommend any affordable ivf clinic in Lagos. The clinic I used in Lagos. I had a success but they are too too expensive.
Pls any suggestions will be appreciated

Thank you mamas
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
Smartangels:
Good evening sabi mamas,

Read up reviews on fertilaid for women by fairhaven. Many people have testified about them. I also got to know about M2tone on the TTC thread sometime ago. May you get your desired results speedily.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Smartangels: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2022
Thanks dear

Uririandme:

Read up reviews on fertilaid for women by fairhaven. Many people have testified about them. I also got to know about M2tone on the TTC thread sometime ago. May you get your desired results speedily.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Smartangels: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2022
Thanks darling

Jellos:
Amen.
Bitter leaf juice and Evergreen egg booster
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zest4allife: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
Ubiquinol, Omega 3 as well as fertilaid capsules.
Smartangels:
Good evening sabi mamas,

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by zest4allife: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2022
You really can't confirm what happens during an IVF cycle; you only hope that everything works as desired. However, seven follicles is a good quantity and there is probability that more follicles may still show up (though may not be mature during retrieval)
Bunny19:
Hello, pls what could cause the right ovary to be slow in responding to stimulation injections. Today was my day 8th scan and the left has about 7follicles and right is yet to pick up. Would this pose any challenge and also do u think I'm responding well with 7 follicles at day 8?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by msalami(m): 4:45am On Jan 18, 2022
House, what are the procedures for IVF and best fertility clinic in the western region as l am based in Lagos Nigeria. Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
zest4allife:
You really can't confirm what happens during an IVF cycle; you only hope that everything works as desired. However, seven follicles is a good quantity and there is probability that more follicles may still show up (though may not be mature during retrieval)
OK thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
graciousme:
Hello house.

Please can anyone help with adoption process information. I want genuine help please.

Thanks
What country do you live in?.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
enye2000:

I have to speak plainly and cause you no offence.
Treatment in Nigeria isn’t necessarily higher success rate per say but is is more aggressive and personalised.

You Mam,need to decide if work or having a baby is more important to you as one week does not cut it and is a lot of stress on your already struggling body.

I have had nearly a dozen cycles and 5 in Nigeria with one success.like you i was worried about timeout from work so had my medication sent in through dhl cold chain started my injections but had to go for scans as perimeters are not exactly the same so couldn’t use a clinic here or app however it was exhausting and all failed.

The 6th cycle i took an entire 4weeks unpaid and that’s the one that brought forth two georgeous girls though premature and now passed away.

Be kind to yourself ,weigh the pros/cons and i wish you all the luck in the world in your decision.
Or take out a health insurance it is pricey but this path we all on is expensive.What state are you in?.There are always private practices that are negotiable and will work with a payment plan.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Pojomojo: 10:37am On Jan 20, 2022
graciousme:
Hello house.

Thanks
Google Auntlanda
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Pojomojo: 4:57am On Jan 21, 2022
Happy new year you shall carry your own babies

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.