Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1278312 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercyooGod: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
[quote author=swtbiddy post=107805675]Good evening mamas please what can I do to avoid the regrowth of fibroid. The Dr said I have to wait till 5 months after

Avoid process food ,can food ,red meat , carbs, sugar ,try always to walk few km use your legs , drink water , pray it shall be well. Eat mostly vegetables and fruits like cucumber cabbage not sweet friut, all these will help with some few medications

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Michealr3x: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
After much review I found this article beneficial to the pregnant women and those expecting, it's about How to avoid vagina injuries at childbirth.

Below is a research done by Nurse Nma, a mother of two, a trained registered nurse/midwife but currently working as a nurse educator.

She has managed to avoid childbirth injuries at her second childbirth after suffering a 3rd degree episiotomy cut in her first childbirth.

The amazing thing is that she has helped over 250 mothers (majority of which was their first attempt at childbirth) avoid these life/ marriage threatening injuries using the steps that worked for her.

From her report she concluded that by avoiding vagina injuries at childbirth:

>You will be able to reduce the time of labour by more than half

>Your child won't be stressed out because stresses induces to babies at childbirth can cause the baby dying shortly after birth and some lead to medical conditions

>Some of the medical conditions could be deformity

>Reducing labour time can save you from protracted labour pain

>You will be protecting your marriage as well.
Many people have testified to its effectiveness too.

If you are interested, click here to learn the how to avoid vagina injuries at childbirth directly from Nurse Nma -

https:///vu04bb

I wish all pregnant women good luck
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
Omojudy:

She isn't a single mum anymore. More responsibilities.

Okay. It is well.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
swtbiddy:
Good evening mamas please what can I do to avoid the regrowth of fibroid. The Dr said I have to wait till 5 months after myomectomy( 6 hrs surgery) before we start ivf. Please experienced mamas should help this is my 3rd fibroid surgery. 2 abdominal and 1 laparascopy.

Using ACV and black strap molasses worked for me. You could do your own research on them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercyooGod: 5:22am On Nov 21, 2021
[quote author=Gellyz post=107795403][/quote]

Please where is Divine Trinity hospital located please
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gellyz: 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
It is in benin

Please where is Divine Trinity hospital located please[/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nickigold(f): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2021
Good morning
Happy New week
If u need an experience gestational surrogate mother in Lagos or know someone who does

I have successfully dealed with the IP directly so IP should be free to contact me
Kindly.PM

Have a fruitful week
May God answer our inner mind prayers
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bamavalon: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2021
Good morning everyone, pls why is it necessary not to bath for 5 days after embryo transfer
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 9:54am On Nov 24, 2021
Bamavalon:
Good morning everyone, pls why is it necessary not to bath for 5 days after embryo transfer

I bathed all through, but i think to avoid unstable body temperature and to restrict movement, other mamas that avoided bathing will give you their opinion.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Bamavalon:

I didn't bathe for three days because I wanted to avoid cream, soap, deodorants etc. We were told to avoid these things on d day of transfer so I just continued. But just like towerofgrace above, I know people who continued to take their bath n still got bfp. So, I don't think it really matters. We just do some things for our own peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bamavalon: 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
Towerofgrace:

I bathed all through, but i think to avoid unstable body temperature and to restrict movement, other mamas that avoided bathing will give you their opinion.
thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bamavalon: 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
Uririandme:

I didn't bathe for three days because I wanted to avoid cream, soap, deodorants etc. We were told to avoid these things on d day of transfer so I just continued. But just like towerofgrace above, I know people who continued to take their bath n still got bfp. So, I don't think it really matters. We just do some things for our own peace of mind.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bamavalon: 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Towerofgrace:

did u get a BFP, how did u cope during your two weeks wait?, did u feel anything in your body system during the period?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
Bamavalon:
did u get a BFP, how did u cope during your two weeks wait?, did u feel anything in your body system during the period?

Yes Sis, i got a bfp, tww was wonderful don't let me say otherwise, i had ohss so it was an unpleasant period, i felt all the feelable, even had fluid drained from my tummy and ended up in emergency, wo we just thank God for His mercies.

Don't worry everything will end well by God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Khadylolli(f): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good evening mamas, please am new her. I was just told my Dr that my two tubes are blocked and have to go through Ivf. This is all new to me, can any one help with the whole process. Also need the best hospital/ clinic in abuja with good and high success rate and is less expensive or affordable.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulnathia(f): 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
Khadylolli:
Good evening mamas, please am new her. I was just told my Dr that my two tubes are blocked and have to go through Ivf. This is all new to me, can any one help with the whole process. Also need the best hospital/ clinic in abuja with good and high success rate and is less expensive or affordable.

Contact primecare fertility clinic 5Illorn street, off ogbomosho street
Area 8 garki 07039706610 Dr Ese you can call him and make enquirer. Good success rate and affordable.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Khadylolli(f): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
Good afternoon mamas, please who have heard of brays hospital abuja for IVF.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tripletwins222: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
Tripletwins222:
Greetings to all.

Available For Sale:

* Doctors Best High Potency Serrapeptase: 16k
* Xi Xian Cao Chinese Herbs: 11k
* Yi Mu Cao Chinese Herbs: 11k
* Swanson Astagalus root capsules: 6k
* Qunol Ubiquinol(Coq10) 100mg, 60 Capsules: 18k
*Qunol Ubiquinol 200mg+Omega3, 90 Capsules: 25k
* Natures Way Vitex: 5k
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 20 Tests: 28k
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 10 Tests: 18k
* Clearblue Easy Ovulation Test , 10 Tests + 1 Pregnancy Test: 10k
* Ovulation Predictor Strips, 25 pcs: 5k

If interested in any of the products, please kindly send me a pm.
Thanks.

Available!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejimaato: 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
please how did you manage to poop, I asked because I 'm concern about bending down in the WC since they said one should avoid it.

quote author=Uririandme post=107918642]

I didn't bathe for three days because I wanted to avoid cream, soap, deodorants etc. We were told to avoid these things on d day of transfer so I just continued. But just like towerofgrace above, I know people who continued to take their bath n still got bfp. So, I don't think it really matters. We just do some things for our own peace of mind.[/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercyooGod: 12:20am On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=Blendy77 post=105697743]

The guy is God sent o. Most of the BFP's we celebrated this week in my crib are from him. We even had a BFP with 5 implanted after 4 was transfered. He advised she removed 2 and
Dear which one is your crib,can you add me please
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=Mamaejimaato post=108098612]
please how did you manage to poop, I asked because I 'm concern about bending down in the WC since they said one should avoid it.

Your question really got me laughing sis grin grin grin grin

"Pooping" continued normally. The advice was to avoid straining when doing it. That's why one really has to take enough water and avoid food that cause constipation during tww.
Also note that sitting on the WC doesn't put any strain on your lower abdomen. The kind of bending frowned at, include squatting and bending to lift loads. Any bending or activity that puts strain on your lower abdomen is a no no. I personally even avoided lying on my back and getting up from that position because I felt it was almost like doing sit-up.
Just do the little you can and commit the rest to God. It shall end in praise sis.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejimaato: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=Uririandme post=108113192][/quote]
Thank you for taking your time to respond to my question. It really has been a great concern to me , especially in this era of snakes in the WC, I 'm even considering using a paint bucket sef. As for lying on the back, I read a post where a lady advised that lying on one's back for 5days after ET help the embryos to attach well thereby enabling implantation.
Please, I want you to throw more light on that and also help us the first timer with some of the tips you use in achieving a bfp. Thanks so much
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jaydlight: 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hi. We were told to lie on our sides in the clinic where I cycled.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 02, 2021
Uririandme:
Dear Tutu82, you have been on my mind as well. how are you doing? I hope you saw blendy's post indicating that Prime care may review their price upward by January.

You're in my prayers. Wishing you divine provision and speed. I hope to see you at the pregnancy thread soonest dear. You deserve to be there.
Forgive my late response.I didn’t get to read her posts about price review but will catch up tonight.money has never been our problem and we have tried it all.I am now all out of options so what would be will be.
May life be kind to us all,have a beautiful month & thank you for thinking of me.

All the best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
Mamaejimaato:

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my question. It really has been a great concern to me , especially in this era of snakes in the WC, I 'm even considering using a paint bucket sef. As for lying on the back, I read a post where a lady advised that lying on one's back for 5days after ET help the embryos to attach well thereby enabling implantation.
Please, I want you to throw more light on that and also help us the first timer with some of the tips you use in achieving a bfp. Thanks so much

Uwc sis.
1) The way you sit on d paint bucket is the same way you sit on the WC, so opting for a paint bucket won't make any difference. Except your main concern is the snake issue. But I think you should relax your mind about the snake scare sis grin. It's being overblown. Most modern houses have conduit piping where the house pipes are hidden n lead straight to the soak away pit. There's no opening at all for snakes to gain access into the pipes n find their way to d toilets. You should only be bothered if you have open pipes outside.

2). On success tips, we actually do so many things but only God knows if they actually contribute to the success. From personal experience with two different clinics, I'd say a major determinant factor is the expertise of the clinic.

3). The clinic I finally succeeded with believes so much in having good quarter embryo. They therefore recommend supplements for both you n dh to achieve. To them, this is a very important route to success.
Once you get good day 5 embryos, they tell you to avoid perfumes n co on the day of transfer. Also avoid potash n spicy food. That's all. They tell you to resume your normal activities after transfer but take things easy. That's all.

However many of us didn't follow these instructions just like that. Below are some extra things we did. But note that we got them from past posts here n other people's experience. The hospital didn't recommend them.
1) detoxification with teas, bitter leaf juice etc before the cycle started.
2) eating lots of fruits n vegetables before and after transfer
3) eating only warm food through out tww. No cold water or drinks either
4)keeping warm feet after transfer. Some wore socks through out but I couldn't. I just ensure I never worked on bare feet.
5)no bending or lifting of anything after transfer
6) I took my cyclogest same time everyday.
7). We took progesterone injection every other day on our own to augment the cyclogest given by the clinic.
cool Resting after transfer remains controversial but I rested for 7 days in a hotel after transfer. Another rested for two weeks and another resumed work just three days after transfer and we all got bfps. So I don't know if the rest just like everything else we did mattered at all.
9) I didn't bathe for three days but some who did still got bfp.
10. I laid mostly on my side as recommended by senior friends. My hospital didn't say anything about that. But those who laid on their back still got bfp. But if you lie on your back pls, always turn to your side before getting off the bed.
11). No sex at all during the tww. Even the hospital doesn't allow this.
12) Finally, pray, make positive declarations, pamper yourself and be happy. No form of stress whether physical, emotional or otherwise is allowed at all.
All the best dear.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
[quote author=Tutu82 post=108132568][/quote]

It's okay. It is well. Amen to the prayers. It is not over till you win.
Best wishes sis.
Hugs.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omorwumi: 7:56am On Dec 04, 2021
Pls who can recommend a good clinic in lagos for iui.with high sucess rate.i need those that has tried iui and was successful should pls respond to this.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omojudy:
I have a confession that has been harding me to say. Maybe I will feel better as I do. I never even tell anyone yet.
So i had 5 embryos after my first cycle in 2019. I decided to implant them this year and in two places. Well both failed. And I have no embryos anymore. I actually hoped to have a boy thats why I used them. But most importantly I couldn't imagine one day telling the clinic to discard my embryos or imagine forgetting it there and by some malpractice it is used on some couple without my consent.
I don't know how I feel. I feel like I lost a child.
Am I making any sense?

Mama sorry about that. After thawing the 5 Embryos, how many survived?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamaejimaato: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mayority of the clinics which engages in ivf also does iui. St ives, bridge and many others does iui services. It all depend on the diagnosis. I tried it 3times but none worked with no tubal blockage and no ovulation issues. I pray yours work for you. quote author=Omorwumi post=108196591]Pls who can recommend a good clinic in lagos for iui.with high sucess rate.i need those that has tried iui and was successful should pls respond to this.[/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2021
Omojudy:
I have a confession that has been harding me to say. Maybe I will feel better as I do. I never even tell anyone yet.
So i had 5 embryos after my first cycle in 2019. I decided to implant them this year and in two places. Well both failed. And I have no embryos anymore. I actually hoped to have a boy thats why I used them. But most importantly I couldn't imagine one day telling the clinic to discard my embryos or imagine forgetting it there and by some malpractice it is used on some couple without my consent.
I don't know how I feel. I feel like I lost a child.
Am I making any sense?

Hmmh,Right.Loads of ladies like myself and same sex couples have struggled and gone round the continents literally,in search of solutions would tell you that even days you see a huge blood clot on your sanitary towel you feel like you lost a child when no one even confirmed you pregnant in the first place.

If you don’t know how you feel,I do know on your behalf.Faceless forums like this help and counselling too from your church (some priests and pastors don’t have sense sha!)and healthcare providers.

If you still want children after the twins and are getting on in age,you could take your eggs out now and freeze them as research shows that your ovarian count starts to drop >40 or use donor eggs,Simples!.But you say you want a boy not sure as even gender selection isn’t 100% all of the time and a higher power might as well still bring girls your way.Chin up and be grateful for what you do have and not bother too much about what you do not have.

I am not sure what part of the world you live in but with embryos you either donate it to science as the research help other couples who cannot have or the hospital district it if you do not contact them within a certain time frame.

It is difficult for your embryo to be used without your consent as that is Embryo adoption since the sperm and Eggs are already mixed.Most hospitals will refuse flat out as the legal implication is plenty.

Ild end this by saying all these i say from my 13years+ personal experience on this infertility Journey .Your embryos were your babies being created and your feelings are very valid so if a good cry would settle you then that’s that or throw that energy into helping others like you have with the surrogacy information and all of that.

This is not a confession(An acknowledged of sin to obtain forgiveness),it is your own personal TRUTH and it happened and you are making full sense so deal with it and be kind to yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Perculiar: 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
I need ubiquinol, I sent you a message.

Tripletwins222:

Available!

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: naniboi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.