Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276080 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 1:29pm On Mar 05
3greatnations:

I have had endometrial scratching with endometriosis not sure why your doctor doesn’t want it for you.l would advise you make sure to have hysteroscopy if you ‘ve had previous failed IVF also if you have no endometriomas at the moment make sure to
have IVF as soon as possible as any laproscopy treatment reduces egg

quality

Thank you ma'am .

Please, were you given baby aspirin and prednisolone?

Please, could you tell me other things I need to be given for treatment / things I need to know since we share the same challenge
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 3greatnations: 8:30pm On Mar 05
Lagbenjo:

Thank you ma'am .

Please, were you given baby aspirin and prednisolone?

Please, could you tell me other things I need to be given for treatment / things I need to know since we share the same challenge

Was prescribed clexane no prednisolone but that cycle still didn’t work which was why I suggested you to make sure you have hysteroscopy done to assess the womb .if you haven’t started this treatment l would suggest you use Primecare Abuja they are affordable and good

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 4:20pm On Mar 06
Uririandme:

1. You will definitely carry your baby but first of all, you need to calm down.

2. You sound frantic a lot. I mean not to judge, just stating my observation. This kind of emotion is not what you need to encourage your husband to try another cycle.
We battled male infertility as well, and I tell you, it affects their ego. Your husband had tesa procedure, do you know the effect it had on him, especially if he was attended to by female nurses. I know this from experience. Trust me, your husband needs some encouragement. Give him some time.

3. You and your husband need time to heal from the effects of the failed cycle, then take supplements and prepare your bodies very well before trying again. Please give yourselves some time please. We had two failed cycles before finally succeeding, so I know how it feels.

Finally dear, you're still very young. Occupy yourself actively with some other productive things, while trying to sort this aspect out, everything will be fine at the end.

Best wishes.

Thank you ma,I appreciate all your advice,I've been off here for a good while just to relax and remove my mind

Indeed as your say my hubby's mind as cool down and we have discussed all possibilities and working things out

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by prettyjennifer4(f): 5:18pm On Mar 06
Please ma, how do I send you an email, am new and I just registered. please I need to send you a message or if is possible to get your phone number, Thank you.
Mummy4life1:
My people,

How na dey....

I decided to check on everyone. Love you all

Please, don't be discouraged. Keep believing and keep trying.

Make sure you follow the procedures before you start the IVF. Plan to embark on another one hopefully next year after my boy clock 4years.

If you're just joining, try and read through the information posted here. You will see alot that you can learn one or two things.

I remember, someone from here created WhatsApp group and the admin was doing as if she's the God that gives children because I was told she created the group to help waiting mothers by getting discount, I tried several times but she didn't add me due to the reasons known to her. I try to go through all the information posted here and it came out successful. So my lovely sisters, try and go through all the information posted and do your findings when ever you visit the hospital for the IVF treatment, don't just believe only what someone is saying here. Do your findings too and go through testimonies on how others got the results.

If you remember my story, I was having two ovaries but one was mistakenly cut off during fibroid operation. So, I only did IVf with one ovary.

I prayed that, the way God disappointed all my mockers through the IVF with one egg and one ovary. Same God will do yours too. Love you all.

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 8:20pm On Mar 08
Good evening mamas,its been a long time,just a quick one,for mama going through treatment,there is someone who does weekly prayers for women who are undergoing treatment, please if you like to join the prayers,you can send me a message,trust me,we all need all the prayers in this journey at every step of our treatment.

I pray the Lord grant every woman here the desires of her heart.

Happy international women's day everyone 💗

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by joliefille(f): 6:01pm On Mar 09
https://wintub.com/?r=11093320

Click on the above link to register and earn money by watching videos online.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DelectableCoco: 1:47am On Mar 11
You can PM me.
Happyfellow147:
Please has anyone traveled from abroad to Nigeria for IVF?
How did the hospital prepare you?
Was it successful?
Which hospital please?

I’m planning to do this but I don’t know which hospital to choose that will accommodate my circumstances and work with me.

Help with suggestions please
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GodMercy2015: 5:29am On Mar 13
Hello fruitful mamas in the house. Please I want to ask if anyone has cycled with primecare in recent times.
1. What is their current price?
2. Has anyone cycled with them coming from abroad.
3. Are there any close accommodation to the hospital.
4. What is their current success rates.

Thank you mamas.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mayfufu27: 6:35am On Mar 14
Elohorp:

Thank you ma,I appreciate all your advice,I've been off here for a good while just to relax and remove my mind

Indeed as your say my hubby's mind as cool down and we have discussed all possibilities and working things out

I remember your story mama and I wish success in your plan.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 12:26pm On Mar 15
3greatnations:

Was prescribed clexane no prednisolone but that cycle still didn’t work which was why I suggested you to make sure you have hysteroscopy done to assess the womb .if you haven’t started this treatment l would suggest you use Primecare Abuja they are affordable and good

Thank you mama
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15
[quote author=GodMercy2015 post=128910846]Hello fruitful mamas in the house. Please I want to ask if anyone has cycled with primecare in recent times.
1. What is their current price?
2. Has anyone cycled with them coming from abroad.
3. Are there any close accommodation to the hospital.
4. What is their current success rates.

Thank you mamas.[/quote

send me pn
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akube34: 7:51pm On Mar 15
Lordsinger:
Hello house,
Good morning to you all.

I'm a guy in my late twenties, my girlfriend in her early twenties...
We really have a thing for each other, but we discovered we are both of the AS genotype.

Now my question is:
*Can IVF help us get children that will not have the SS gene?
*Can this be done here in Nigeria?
*Is it cost friendly?

Pls I need experienced answers on the above questions urgently, so that a man knows which way to go.
Gracias...
did you guys later break up?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 10:57pm On Mar 15
Blendy77:

My Sister, seems all ivf clinics in Lag are operating on a different level. Dr Ese in Abuja is still my first choice cos the amount u will pay for his IVF, plus flight plus hotel is still not up to what u will pay Lagos ivf Hospitals. My Foundation is currently negotiating with a clinic at Shasha area called Androcare because some of our members got results with them. He said their ivf is 2m -2.5 and only 100-150k can be given to our NGO. Whereas with 900k Ese is charging us, 95% of my members are getting results with him. Its just the accommodation we are battling with now cos the sef con a member gave the NGO Landlord refused to renew rent otherwise everyone is facing Abuja for their ivf. So look in that direction. If u still want to do ivf in Lag, try the Androcare or Oasis by Dr Ivie. We mostly use her for life contract not regular ivf cos hers is also about 2m for members. Do let me kno if you need their contacts

Hi Blendy please do u know Viva fertility clinic in Abuja?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:15pm On Mar 15
Osoderi:

Hi Blendy please do u know Viva fertility clinic in Abuja?

Hi, I haven't heard that name before
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 3:02am On Mar 16
Blendy77:

Hi, I haven't heard that name before

ok. Thanks . Then what of Jece fertility clinic in Kubwa, Abuja
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:16pm On Mar 16
Osoderi:

ok. Thanks . Then what of Jece fertility clinic in Kubwa, Abuja

Na Lag I dey live o Sis, I only kno of Primecare cos a lot of my group members in Abuja got results with him which prompted me to pay him a visit and form a partnership with him. Then Joje too cos both of them worked in Diff before opening their seperate hospitals. People travel all the way from Lagos and overseas to use Primecare. Why would u be looking for clinics that majority haven't tried? Even in this group a lot of women hav shared their testimony so my Sister, pray for God to order your steps to the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 2:14pm On Mar 17
Blendy77:

Na Lag I dey live o Sis, I only kno of Primecare cos a lot of my group members in Abuja got results with him which prompted me to pay him a visit and form a partnership with him. Then Joje too cos both of them worked in Diff before opening their seperate hospitals. People travel all the way from Lagos and overseas to use Primecare. Why would u be looking for clinics that majority haven't tried? Even in this group a lot of women hav shared their testimony so my Sister, pray for God to order your steps to the right direction.

It is is well. The same prime care I and my friends cycled three times no result. Only God can do it and direct one to the one he wants to give u testimony. Even lot of pple have used unknown places and they got BFP. Only God can perfect IVF. Thanks for y response.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Happyfellow147: 5:06pm On Mar 17
Mama please I PMed you

Can we talk privately if you don’t mind?
Blendy77:

So sorry about ur ordeal with ur Dr. If u already made payment she has no right to increase d fee. Did she tell u about the 100k drugs before u made the deposit? If no, u hav an edge here, request for a refund on the basis that you can't afford the extra charges she's coming up with If she cannot stick to the earlier agreement. How old is ur wife? Where are u based? If u can travel to Abuja n use Primecare? his ivf is about 1m drugs inclusive. Its just test n registration you will pay aside d ivf fees. If u calculate ur flight plus accommodation am sure u won't spend more than 600k extra so look in that direction to save cost. But hav it at the back of your mind that ivf success rate anywhere in d world is 50/50. What is ur diagnosis to start with? Are her tubes open? How long have u been trying? It is well Bro, don't take it too hard on yoursef. The fact that u are supporting your wife this much, by His grace ur first attempt will yield good fruits but try to clear any pending medical issue before commencing the ivf to increase ur chances.
All the best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:29am On Mar 18
Happyfellow147:
Mama please I PMed you

Can we talk privately if you don’t mind?

I responded but I think d nationwide Internet issue is also affecting emails cos it kept bouncing back. Try this ruonar2000@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:49am On Mar 18
Osoderi:

It is is well. The same prime care I and my cycled three times no result. Only God can do it and direct one to the one he wants to give u testimony. Even lot of pple have used unknown places and they got BFP. Only God can perfect IVF. Thanks for y response.

So sorry to hear you already had 3 cycles with them. You are right that God can give you testimony even with DIY local IUI. In your cycle with the clinic, how would u assess them? Wod you say there was somethg the Dr ought to hav done that he didn't do right? Dr Ese that I know is never in a hurry with his procedures and he tells all his patients to tackle underlying issues before he commences his IVF. If u didnt get results with them, my Sister I will advise you try another place as planned if u honestly believe the issue is from the hospital. If u follow my post very well, you will see the hospital I used, Olive Branch at Lekki, Dr Emeka, that's my Doc for life, I had 2 failed IVF with him back to back after 2 failed IVf with Dr Giwa Osagie's Omni and went to Bridge for the 5th IVF, I not only had a failed IVF with Bridge but almost lost my life due to the way a very bad OHSS was handled so went back to Olive Branch for the 6th IVF where I got my twins. Now after my twins av lost count of the several failed IVF I had with this same my Dr even with surrogates. Will I say the hospital is bad because I didn't get results with them? Will I say the Dr didn't do what he was supposed to do hence I got negative? The answer is NO, especially when others are getting results in d same hospital, infact they are about the best in lag, you can't blame the hospital so am only recommending primecare because of the numerous results we as a foundation hav recorded with them. 90% of my group's results are from primecare. Infact if I know half of the thgs I kno now 11 years ago, am not sure I will waste 7yrs of my fruitful years jumping from hospital to hospital but you kno what? It's good you are planning to try elsewhere, pray about it cos truly like u said God can meet your needs at any hospital even at home. All the best, I wish u baby dust Sis, u too will testify by His grace

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 5:01am On Mar 21
Blendy77:

So sorry to hear you already had 3 cycles with them. You are right that God can give you testimony even with DIY local IUI. In your cycle with the clinic, how would u assess them? Wod you say there was somethg the Dr ought to hav done that he didn't do right? Dr Ese that I know is never in a hurry with his procedures and he tells all his patients to tackle underlying issues before he commences his IVF. If u didnt get results with them, my Sister I will advise you try another place as planned if u honestly believe the issue is from the hospital. If u follow my post very well, you will see the hospital I used, Olive Branch at Lekki, Dr Emeka, that's my Doc for life, I had 2 failed IVF with him back to back after 2 failed IVf with Dr Giwa Osagie's Omni and went to Bridge for the 5th IVF, I not only had a failed IVF with Bridge but almost lost my life due to the way a very bad OHSS was handled so went back to Olive Branch for the 6th IVF where I got my twins. Now after my twins av lost count of the several failed IVF I had with this same my Dr even with surrogates. Will I say the hospital is bad because I didn't get results with them? Will I say the Dr didn't do what he was supposed to do hence I got negative? The answer is NO, especially when others are getting results in d same hospital, infact they are about the best in lag, you can't blame the hospital so am only recommending primecare because of the numerous results we as a foundation hav recorded with them. 90% of my group's results are from primecare. Infact if I know half of the thgs I kno now 11 years ago, am not sure I will waste 7yrs of my fruitful years jumping from hospital to hospital but you kno what? It's good you are planning to try elsewhere, pray about it cos truly like u said God can meet your needs at any hospital even at home. All the best, I wish u baby dust Sis, u too will testify by His grace

Amen! Thank you for your time in sending this message. Honestly Dr. Ese is okay and I know pple that have gotten results there. Even recently a nurse working there got her triplets. One thing with IVF is that it works, the only thing is that one have to exercise patience and prayers too. Dr. Ese has done his best is just left for God to stick the embryo and one carry to full terms. The only thing I never like with the hospital is that they never follow up on their clients. As soon as one gets a BFN it ends there. More so he is too busy not having time to attend to clients needs. Most IVF hospitals assign a nurse to you to follow up.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beekind: 10:27am On Mar 23
Hi guys, does anyone know a good clinic for surrogacy in Ibadan.
Also, what is the average total cost for surrogacy with own sperm and egg no donors ?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moradeyo21: 3:07pm On Mar 23
Hi Fam, I'm heartbroken, frustrated and mentally stressed . I thought I will sharing a good news with you guys but unfortunately, I got BFN. 14 eggs were collected. 8 were fertilised. 3 embryo was implanted 2 weeks ago. After going through all the do 's and don't regarding the ivf journey .it's negative. I have cried my eyes out, it's mentally draining and financially draining. I don't even know where to start from again. Your advice will be appreciated cause I'm loosing it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mbok: 8:53pm On Mar 23
Please what does this HSG result mean.

Both fallopian tubes shows mild increase in Calibre with persistent contrast loculation.

Conclusion
Patent right and left fallopian tubes with signs of hydrosalpinx.

Can one still conceive naturally with this results above? Please help

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lily156: 3:45am On Mar 24
Hello everyone. I'm trying to help out a relative and I don't know much about the IVF process.
Both husband and wife live abroad and want to do ivf in Nigeria. However, they cannot travel to Nigeria at the same time. Is it possible for the husband to travel first, deposit his sperm and then the wife comes later to continue the procedure. If it's possible, can anyone recommend a good IVF clinic in Lagos? Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bimkas(f): 10:33am On Mar 24
Please be calm. God will definitely do it,we will all carry our babies .I believe

Moradeyo21:
Hi Fam, I'm heartbroken, frustrated and mentally stressed . I thought I will sharing a good news with you guys but unfortunately, I got BFN. 14 eggs were collected. 8 were fertilised. 3 embryo was implanted 2 weeks ago. After going through all the do 's and don't regarding the ivf journey .it's negative. I have cried my eyes out, it's mentally draining and financially draining. I don't even know where to start from again. Your advice will be appreciated cause I'm loosing it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moradeyo21: 6:23am On Mar 25
bimkas:

Please be calm. God will definitely do it,we will all carry our babies .I believe

Amen..Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mayfufu27: 2:33pm On Mar 25
bimkas:

Please be calm. God will definitely do it,we will all carry our babies .I believe .
I understand how you feel ma. It's no fault of your. Just keep hope alive and keep trying if you have the means to do so. Your testimony is close you will testify soon

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mummy4life1: 1:47pm On Mar 26
prettyjennifer4:
Please ma, how do I send you an email, am new and I just registered. please I need to send you a message or if is possible to get your phone number, Thank you.
healthcareorganizationsltd@gmail.com.

I only shared my hospital and not in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Samadict(f): 9:29am On Mar 28
Hello fruitful mamas. Hubby and I want to go the IVF route. Could anyone please point us towards good and affordable fertility clinics in Lagos. Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.