Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1278568 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miracle1997: 9:49pm On Jan 18
UyaiIncomparabl:

Is the success rate of IUI at par or below IVF?
Obviously not, iui has a 10-20% pregnancy rate. IVF has a 45-65% rate depending
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:59pm On Jan 18
miracle1997:

Obviously not, iui has a 10-20% pregnancy rate. IVF has a 45-65% rate depending

Noted. Thanks for your response.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Peachesarewhite: 5:06pm On Jan 19
3greatnations:
For TTC mum please be careful with some clinics in nigeria.I just got off the fone with Joje Abebe and they want to charge me in dollars this is after weeks of consultation and the price list they sent to me was in naira .Any one with similar experience?

Hmmm...that's strange.
Are you coming from abroad? Did you disclose it to them? Cos some of these hospitals would want to jump on any opportunity to milk people.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 3greatnations: 10:57am On Jan 22
Peachesarewhite:

Hmmm...that's strange.
Are you coming from abroad? Did you disclose it to them? Cos some of these hospitals would want to jump on any opportunity to milk people.

Yes I had to during the medical history .l have had previous IVF treatments just couple of months ago but different clinic .I paid the clinic in naira.Now l know better will be using only nigeria sim for any communication

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 7:29am On Jan 23
3greatnations:

Yes I had to during the medical history .l have had previous IVF treatments just couple of months ago but different clinic .I paid the clinic in naira.Now l know better will be using only nigeria sim for any communication

I know someone who disclosed to Prime.care she was abroad and was charged normal rate . You need to disclose so that you can plan your coming with them except you have ample time on your hands.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GodMercy2015: 4:12pm On Jan 23
Timitoyo:

I know someone who disclosed to Prime.care she was abroad and was charged normal rate . You need to disclose so that you can plan your coming with them except you have ample time on your hands.

What is the price of primecare at the moment. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 3greatnations: 11:15am On Jan 24
Timitoyo:

I had consultation with Primecare too disclosed to them too and they are charging in naira it’s just that Joje abebe.The issue with Primecare’s is they only use their own surrogates and I wants to transfer to me and surrogate .my worry is it might become the norm
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 3greatnations: 11:18am On Jan 24
GodMercy2015:

Standard ivf 950 single 1700 2 cycles exclusive of investigation
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Starmummy: 4:08pm On Jan 24
Hi everyone,I'm new here.
Congratulations to everyone that has had successful IVF and I wish everyone still in d process a huge success.
I just had myemectomy last week,I'm 40yrs,without a child.
I want to know wat to do and when to start preparing my body for conception.Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 8:52pm On Jan 24
GodMercy2015:

No idea except you chat or call them
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 5:51am On Jan 27
Please I need recommendations a good and successful hospital for IVF in Lagos or Abuja. kindly assist a sister. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Kimzybabe34: 11:05am On Jan 28
Co Q10 1000mg available for egg quality
https://elirazstores.carrd.co/
Chat 08088234249 for more
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 4:09am On Feb 02
3greatnations:

10 million naira as at last year with inflations lt might be slightly higher

Is jece a good hospital for ivf. are they good success rate
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 6:26pm On Feb 07
Greetings ladies, I am an old member of this forum just checking up on you all. Infertility journey can be tasking but I pray that in ends in praise for you all like it did for me and other mama's in this forum.

Keep doing what you are doing diligently while making sure you do your own research. Infact go for consultations with enough knowledge like a doctor to ensure that you understand what the doctor is aiming for and give proposals as well if necessary.

I highly recommend endometrial scratch in your cycles. I did 5 IVF cycles and the only difference I made in the last two cycles that worked is doing an endometrial scratch and taking prednisone. Someone from this forum recommended it to me and I will say it worked because after 3failures, the change gave me 2 successes.

My prayers and thoughts are with all of you

All the best ladies, you got this.

11 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TinaJoe(f): 6:40pm On Feb 07
henmaris:
Greetings ladies, I am an old member of this forum just checking up on you all. Infertility journey can be tasking but I pray that in ends in praise for you all like it did for me and other mama's in this forum.

Keep doing what you are doing diligently while making sure you do your own research. Infact go for consultations with enough knowledge like a doctor to ensure that you understand what the doctor is aiming for and give proposals as well if necessary.

I highly recommend endometrial scratch in your cycles. I did 5 IVF cycles and the only difference I made in the last two cycles that worked is doing an endometrial scratch and taking prednisone. Someone from this forum recommended it to me and I will say it worked because after 3failures, the change gave me 2 successes.

Thanks for coming around dear. I appreciate. The journey is not easy especially when you don't have the finance to continue pushing.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Movian: 12:05pm On Feb 08
Blendy77:

grin grin grin I don kuku rest from the group make I Face my foundation till I saw a mention from u. Thks for apologising on my behalf but truly no need to stress yoursef, they are free to think what they want if after 13yrs of being in this group i still peep from time to time to answer ttc related questions that I have knowlege of. Am just seeing lots of unanswered questions on this page alone and was expecting those calling and tagging me names to come to their aid and answer them. God will see all ttc mums thru. Thks once again

Good morning, please I need a list of wat I should do before embarking on another ivf. I would be 34yrs in May. I had a failed cycle September 2022. I was able to conceive naturally 7months later, (April 2023) I had to do evacuation due to absence of heartbeat in June, since after my evacuation been trying no pregnancy yet. We are planning on cycling in April. Our challenge have always been low sperm count for the past 7yrs. Though during our ivf in 2022 hubby was diagnosed of having Varricocele. He has been trying to manage the situation with supplement, exercise, cooling and stud brief. I was able to achieve conception wen he was serious with his exercise, cooling and supplement. Please help me with wat I can do to increase my chances
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:57pm On Feb 10
Movian:

Good morning, please I need a list of wat I should do before embarking on another ivf. I would be 34yrs in May. I had a failed cycle September 2022. I was able to conceive naturally 7months later, (April 2023) I had to do evacuation due to absence of heartbeat in June, since after my evacuation been trying no pregnancy yet. We are planning on cycling in April. Our challenge have always been low sperm count for the past 7yrs. Though during our ivf in 2022 hubby was diagnosed of having Varricocele. He has been trying to manage the situation with supplement, exercise, cooling and stud brief. I was able to achieve conception wen he was serious with his exercise, cooling and supplement. Please help me with wat I can do to increase my chances

Hi, u can detox, u and hubby, tumeric combo or even ACV comes to mind. U can also boost ur eggs using coast science or quonol plus as this prepares d uterus as well as boost ur eggs in preparation for ivf. Hav u done HSG or hysteroscopy after d evacuation to check d state of ur uteus and tubes? Pls do if u havent done that as anythg cod hav happened between when u last got pregnant n now. Also amh readily comes to mind to check ur ovarian reserves as well. Truth is, if somethg worked for hubby before its better to go back to what worked before so keep encouraging him. Most men fear vericeole vein surgery so don't blame him cos there's even no 100% guarantee that after surgery his count will improve. Check online for other natural thgs he can use to improve his count invluding bitter kola and tigernuts plus dates. For mem's supplements what I kno worked for others are Fertilovit, fertimen, fertilaid, adyzoa. There are a lot of suppy for count improvement in pharmacies but u hav to go to d drawing board to check what has worked b4 and face that cos some suppy can cause more harm than good by reducing d count. At least i know of fertimen that worked perfectly for many and also worked against 2 people in my group so do ur research and go for what works best for him.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Movian: 11:37pm On Feb 13
Blendy77:

Hi, u can detox, u and hubby, tumeric combo or even ACV comes to mind. U can also boost ur eggs using coast science or quonol plus as this prepares d uterus as well as boost ur eggs in preparation for ivf. Hav u done HSG or hysteroscopy after d evacuation to check d state of ur uteus and tubes? Pls do if u havent done that as anythg cod hav happened between when u last got pregnant n now. Also amh readily comes to mind to check ur ovarian reserves as well. Truth is, if somethg worked for hubby before its better to go back to what worked before so keep encouraging him. Most men fear vericeole vein surgery so don't blame him cos there's even no 100% guarantee that after surgery his count will improve. Check online for other natural thgs he can use to improve his count invluding bitter kola and tigernuts plus dates. For mem's supplements what I kno worked for others are Fertilovit, fertimen, fertilaid, adyzoa. There are a lot of suppy for count improvement in pharmacies but u hav to go to d drawing board to check what has worked b4 and face that cos some suppy can cause more harm than good by reducing d count. At least i know of fertimen that worked perfectly for many and also worked against 2 people in my group so do ur research and go for what works best for him.

Thanks. I would do those things u suggested. I would encourage him to continue with those things he did before as well. U are one in a million. Take ur flower 🌺🌻🌹🌷

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Kingadex60(m): 7:34pm On Feb 15
Movian:

which supplement did u use to achieve conception and pls anyone who has use herbs or supplements for varicocele and achieve conception should pls share... I'm still expecting ur feedback house

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Movian: 4:05pm On Feb 16
Mayfufu27:
There are some hospital that have success rate. But still have some failed once. I think when going for ivf let's allow to God to lead and lets be prayerful. My fertility doctor that did my ivf does not have a ivf center of his own. But has three different hospital. And the center he used for ivf is not one of those that is very popular. But with the help of God I got pregnant on my first transfer.

Where was ur ivf done? Please which doctor us dat
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 6:25pm On Feb 17
Good evening family. Trust we are doing fine ?

Infertility, the thief of resources, time and joy.
We have decided to go for our first lvf, Preliminary investigation done.

All the procedures that they said I would do is almost 3M for just one cycle. Sincerely, I have been trying to be strong, have faith, but the spirit of fear has been gripping me.
Am going on 36, DH 40.

Please , fruitful mamas , I want you to tell the best protocol that works for my case- endometriosis with scar tissue and adhesions .

What do I need to tell the doctors and team ?

Please what are the dos and donts that I should observe?

After embryo transfer does it mean I will not lift a finger for the two weeks wait?

I have been on Coast science since last year August, please, when should I stop Coast Science ?Currently on tumeric combo detox.
Please, when should I stop the detox?

Please, is DHEA prescribed for endometriosis patient as part of IVF treatment?

When should I start and stop taking prednisone?

I have read all the thread from the beginning to the end, but because my case is peculiar that is why am asking . After myomectomy, Zoladex for 6 months that sized my period for a year, I still have PELVIC pain everyday, even while on zoladex .

Thank you in anticipation .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 6:50pm On Feb 17
henmaris:

Thanks for your contribution ma.
Please when will one start and stop taking Prednisone ?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lagbenjo: 7:35pm On Feb 17
MamaKainah:
Hello House,

Please assist with an advice on this or does anyone here have this experience .

I had a failed IVF and was told it was due to fluid in endometrium. I changed to another clinic for a 2nd attempt and the doctor placed me on zoladex for 4motnhs. After the 4th injection, i started taking contraceptive pills to induce period.My menses came after 25days and i went for scan on day 2 to start stimulation. During the scan, i was told that there are no activities in my ovaries, no follicules found but i was asked to start taking Proxeed to help with follicles.

I started stimulation on day 2 taking these injections :Buserelin(150ml) and gonadotropins9300mls).
Went back for scan on day 6 and still no follicles and the cycle was cancelled .I am reschuled to start stimulation again on a higher injection dose when my period starts .

Please i will like to know if anyone has experienced this before.
Could it be zoladex that caused the no follicles?

Is there is anything i can do to achieve a better result before the next cycle in a weeks time.

I think zoladex is the cause of no follicles. Your menses didn't come naturally , it was induced. You may need more time to be on prenatals before your next procedure.
I strongly recommend coast science fertile one
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DelectableCoco: 9:44pm On Feb 17
MamaKainah:
Hello House,

Please assist with an advice on this or does anyone here have this experience .

I had a failed IVF and was told it was due to fluid in endometrium. I changed to another clinic for a 2nd attempt and the doctor placed me on zoladex for 4motnhs. After the 4th injection, i started taking contraceptive pills to induce period.My menses came after 25days and i went for scan on day 2 to start stimulation. During the scan, i was told that there are no activities in my ovaries, no follicules found but i was asked to start taking Proxeed to help with follicles.

I started stimulation on day 2 taking these injections :Buserelin(150ml) and gonadotropins9300mls).
Went back for scan on day 6 and still no follicles and the cycle was cancelled .I am reschuled to start stimulation again on a higher injection dose when my period starts .

Please i will like to know if anyone has experienced this before.
Could it be zoladex that caused the no follicles?

Is there is anything i can do to achieve a better result before the next cycle in a weeks time.

Sorry to read this but Zoladex has forced you into temporary menopause. The drug should be used with great care.
I hope your period has returned? What have you used?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Kimzybabe34: 1:33am On Feb 19
formidablefunmi:

Supplement for quality and quantity follicles available before ivf
If interested call 09065688473
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beautifulsenora: 10:38am On Feb 20
henmaris:

Hi Sis, I sent you an email. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mayfufu27: 9:53am On Feb 22
Movian:

Where was ur ivf done? Please which doctor us dat
We did consultation at his hospital. But the egg retrieval and transfer was done at origene fertility center. The center is a very good place.am currently 20 weeks and some days and still under my doctor care.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beautifulsenora: 6:30pm On Feb 22
Mayfufu27:
We did consultation at his hospital. But the egg retrieval and transfer was done at origene fertility center. The center is a very good place.am currently 20 weeks and some days and still under my doctor care.

Please I have a question to ask about the centre. Do you mind me sending you an email?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mayfufu27: 12:57pm On Feb 24
Beautifulsenora:

Please I have a question to ask about the centre. Do you mind me sending you an email?
Ok
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Osoderi(m): 10:49pm On Feb 24
Hello house please is there anyone that have cycled with viva fertility clinic in Abuja.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Movian: 9:42pm On Feb 25
Blendy77:

Please how long should we detox? When should i stop taking the quonol plus. Before stimulation or after egg retrevial?

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.