Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1285706 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamaileri: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hello all, have been so crushed, went for scan and was told they could not find a heartbeat, to say am sad is an understatement, i cant believe God will make me go through this pain after waiting. Have i not suffered enough.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by taramisore15: 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Whose report do you believe mamaileri?? Hang in there and keep prophesying and at same time praising God. Try i know its difficult but try to be strong am sure bn strong goes a long way to help the situation.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamaileri: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
thanks taramisore, its difficult to be strong. But am praying and hoping for a miracle.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by taramisore15: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
And that miracle you shall receive in Jesus name.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamaileri: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Amen, thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Really don't know what's going on. one of us sent me a mail concerning missing heartbeat at 15wks. I also just left the pregnant after trying to conceive thread, its another missing heartbeat of twins. Now this! All in one day. Father console my Sisters. We believe every good and perfect gift comes from you and u will not give us gifts that will turn into sorrow. Please protect all our pregnant women and shed them from the eyes of the devil. Let us celebrate only good news on this thread in Jesus name. Amen!
Mamaileri it is well. God alone will give u double for ur troubles and above all give you babies that will stay and bring joy to you and your household. It is not over till its over. Remain blessed my Sister.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 5:53am On Oct 24, 2013
My sister, pls take heart. What can I say? God will surprise you with a permanent testimony in Jesus name! amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2013
mamaileri
my sister l understand perfectly what you feel now having being in your shoes over and over again. Most especially December last year when l had same problem again with all the prayers, faith and direct word from God, the worst still happened, l felt God was not real, the bible and everything that has to do with it are all lies since they couldnt work for me that period. I told God to take my life since He has refused to fight my battle.
But you know what? God is still alive, He hears and He knows every thing you are passing through. When God is silent He is actually doing something.
If He can wipe away my tears after those challenges and sorrows...my sister He will do it again and again for you..Just hold on to Him. He is still a faithful Father that takes pleasure in the properity of His Children.

IT SHALL HAPPEN AGAIN BEFORE LONG.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Rute(f): 9:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Mamaileri sending hugs yo way Udoka has said it all may God speak to u now!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
@MamaIleri please don't give up on God because he won't give on you.

Hold on dear, this too shall pass in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by seza: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
I have been struggling to write this. So Wifey saw AW on day 12 after implantation and at first we thought it was implantation bleeding, called Dr. Emeka and he said we should wait for the PT. Anyways we waited until after the weekend to do the test and the results took longer because they did quantitative test also. Anyways to cut a long story short, the end result was BFN.
I can say I am past the anger and the disappointment of not having gotten a positive result. My wife of course was distraught but I have to say she has come out stronger and more determined. I always thought the ICSI would be a one hit. God knows why it didn't work this time. Eventually he will come through, he always does, Doesn't he? At least I have seen cases where he has been faithful in this forum and even outside, so why would our own case be any different. It is well. Life continues. God is in control, just a matter of time.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2013
seza: I have been struggling to write this. So Wifey saw AW on day 12 after implantation and at first we thought it was implantation bleeding, called Dr. Emeka and he said we should wait for the PT. Anyways we waited until after the weekend to do the test and the results took longer because they did quantitative test also. Anyways to cut a long story short, the end result was BFN.
I can say I am past the anger and the disappointment of not having gotten a positive result. My wife of course was distraught but I have to say she has come out stronger and more determined. I always thought the ICSI would be a one hit. God knows why it didn't work this time. Eventually he will come through, he always does, Doesn't he? At least I have seen cases where he has been faithful in this forum and even outside, so why would our own case be any different. It is well. Life continues. God is in control, just a matter of time.

So sorry Sir. ICSI/IVF is not one hit though. Some people get a BFP at the first attempt, some after the first, second etc. Above all, it is God who answers and gives babies after all. Please do take heart and send our love to Madam. Be strong and try again after some rest,God will make the cries of babies be heard in your family! Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2013
Mr. Seza, so sorry to hear this. Take out time to heal you and wifey.

Do some research on pre treatment protocols. Trust God.

Hugs dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by seza: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Nogen:

So sorry Sir. ICSI/IVF is not one hit though. Some people get a BFP at the first attempt, some after the first, second etc. Above all, it is God who answers and gives babies after all. Please do take heart and send our love to Madam. Be strong and try again after some rest,God will make the cries of babies be heard in your family! Amen
Amen, thank You Nogen, I Know it isnt a one hit but We just prayed and hoped. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2013
Hello sir, so sorry abt the BFN God will perfect all that concerns us.

It is well with u IJN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 11:14am On Oct 25, 2013
Hmmm, so many 'bad news' lately here, but I refuse to take it that way. Therefore, Arisolama, Mamaileri n Seza, I can only say this: The lord is opening a new chapter for each of you that will make you to laugh and those who hear will laugh with you. Pls stay strong n move on, continue holding on to Him, He is the only one who can turn the tides around.
@All, guess who called me yesterday to congratulate me: the very pastor who said my wife cant get pregnant that she had aborted all her children when she was in the university. He called and I wanted to give it back to him but I thought it not necessary, afterall God has proven to him that He is God and not a man. I use myself to prophesy upon all my people here who must have been mocked, that the same people who mocked will soon say a big CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU.
God is brewing another testimony in the life of one of us, I just pray she comes quick and share it else I will do it for her.
@Seza i like your spirit, that is the way to go, don't give up, don't give in and God who sees your heart will answer you speedily at His own time.
@pm05337, how is madam doing? I hope the wonderful baby in there is kicking well. Thanks for all your encouragement and love. You are blessed.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Seza, it is well. What more can I say that hasn't been said? God will visit ur home soon and you will remember the days of bfn no more. That is ivf for u. Its the season of natural bfps after ivf bfn and I pray urs will locate u soon. Hugs to ur wife.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by seza: 10:52am On Oct 26, 2013
Thanks Fruitmum and inwangbobio How are the triplets and your wife? Gracias Blendy will do. How are the twins?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamaileri: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2013
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I pray that God will perfect all that concerns us. Any advice on what to do after a miscarriage.Have been blaming myself for going for a scan at nine weeks, maybe it was the scan that killed my baby.I am even yet to tell my DH that am bleeding, i feel like have failed him.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
@mamaileri
U didnt fail him, its something that's beyond anyone even doctors. Its not caused by d scan, I did pelvic scan at 8wks and my LO is doing fine. Pls free urself and tell your DH. The aerlier the better.

If you still bleeding till now and ur DH if living with u is unware means u are not expelling d real thing. Pls go to ur gynea they will gv u abortion pill to help u contract and expell the content or u do a DC.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ mamaleri pls my sister I understand how u feel,its normal to feel the way you do but pls don't stay long in it cuz its dangerous,snap out of it and get back to life. I have come to understand one thing about God-He does His things the way He wants and at the time He wants if u like pray thunder or cry blood or even fast the hell out if it's not His time it won't move Him one bit but when once His time is come if u like do the ivf and then go and sleep and not even say a word of prayer,it will work like magic without any effort,we can only hope and pray for His mercy. personally I have even stopped asking God for children all I do now is worship Him,praise Him,give Him thanks and serve Him and the rest is up to Him. when I had a bfn I asked so many questions like is there a God at all and does He still answer prayers cuz there's no prayer style / faith that I dint apply but in my heart of hearts I know there' s God in heaven. so mydear please let your faith in Him not be conditioned by what He has done for you cuz I feel sometimes when we run to him or start fasting and praying fire and thunder only when we need Him to do something for us He will merely just watch us .Soon and soonest you will laugh and your joy will know no bounds.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ All pls my sisters does ivf really works cuz all the ppl and friends I know seems to be having negative all through. I think the hospital I used is rather too careless cuz there where some basic questions I expected them to ask me b4 the procedure but they dint,the Dr just started me off without a comprehensive probe into my history and even after the transfer they were still placing me on one useless drug like that that is written on the pack 'not to be taken by pregnant women' and when I asked them they said it doesn't matter. I had to volunteer most info and ask to find out some things,they dint even tell me the quality of my eggs and after I had bleeded/ bfn they dint even advice me on what next or what happened or dint happen, in fact the last I saw the Dr was on my ET day after that till today,whatever happens after ET is not his concern. I dont want to keep waisting money that 's why I'm asking whether it really works and pls one last thing my menses dint start deteroriating after the failed ivf it started ever before that and I don't really know the cause so pls any useful tip will be really appreciated and pls is true that from 40 should not try ivf again?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
@mamaileri its not your fault its what God wants to be that is.Sorry abt your miscarriage.

@arisolama I feel IVF is luck and like you said in your earlier post that once it is time even if you don't pray abt it, it will happen just trust God that he will perfect all that concerns u.

Another thing is to enhance the success of ivf some factors has to be considered
1.Age
2.Nature of fallopian tube(hydrosalpinx)
3.Your womb I.e fibroid ,polyps endometriosis etc
4.Your response to medication
5.Chromosonal effect
6.The expertise
And so many other factors to be considered.
The favour of God and also time of God.

Another reason I said luck is some people might not be a perfect candidate for ivf but they will get a bfp
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2013
Plz house,im sory to barge in here. I nid help plz. Has any1 had an xperience of cervical adhesion. I did hsg,evrytin ws normal xcpt d cervical adhesion. Dos dt min sperm cnt pas tru?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Patajun: 9:02am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
Assisted conception therapy (ACT) works. Evidence abound; my cousin's 2 children where through ICSI, Blendy's boys came through IVF, our newest triplets came through ICSI, I can go on and on.
So yes it works but the success rate is usually low because there are usually underlying issues that could hinder the success, if these are not looked into chances are slimer. There could be an underlying reason for low sperm count which could affect the viability of the embryo and hence hier implantation.

@Patajun speak to your doctor again and ask him about the state of your cervix I believe there is usually a corrective surgery for closed cervix.
For s.p.e.r.m pouring out after bd, I read on the TTC thread; its called "eda" and can be treated locally, they also said it could be caused be infection.

@all have a beautiful sunday.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 11:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
My sistas and bros, as we trust God and medicine as we TTC, its important we also pray and secure their lives even before they arrive. I came across this brief message which I enjoin us to open, listen, pray and be blessed. I haven't stopped listening over and over since I got it oo.
Sorry if I digressed the thread.

http://www.funkefelixadejumo.org/web/do-you-already-have-a-child-children-are-you-a-mother/

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:39am On Oct 31, 2013
My Sisters and Brothers, this thread has been so quiet of late. What's happening? where is everyone? I had an official assignment in the US and decided to travel with my boys. It was one wahala and sickness after the other. The last wahala was very high temperature the whole of last week which eventually turned into measles for one of the boys. To say it was frightening is the least as these boys hardly fall ill while here. Anyways we are back and the rashes is gradually clearing off.
On return to naija over the weekend, I met this lovely lady that I just feel the urge to share her testimony just to encourage someone. I have asked her to come join us and share her story herself because we've had so many bad news of late and I know a lot of people are gradually giving up. But my Dears, there are times we give up on God and feel or assume we are facing the worse until we hear somebody else's story and thank God that at least ours isnt that bad.
Ok this lady, let's call her Mrs XYZ. We were attracted to each other thru our babies, twins on my part and 2 sets of twins on her part. A colleague introduced us and we got gisting. And of course the whole gist was centered on twins, babies, twins.... Mrs XYZ told me how she did IVF 8 times in her 11 years of marriage and all were BFN. She travelled far and wide, from Bridge in Nigeria to South African's cape town fertility to UK and to the US totalling 8 procedures and all were negative. You can imagine what she must have gone through. She said she cried so much after a BFN in south africa that a woman she has never met before kept banging on her door and consoling her from outside (according to her, she said its like people in that area knew Cape town fertility patients always occupy that particular apartment so they are used to wailings when people get BFN). Hmmmmm, I can imagine.
Mrs XYZ gave up and just decided to take a break for a while only for her to discover months later that she was pregnant without any ivf, drugs or procedure. As if that was not enough, she gave birth to a set of twins. A boy and a girl. Mrs XYZ's babies were not up to a year when she discovered she was pregnant again and this time around, she gave birth to another set of twins, 2 girls. My Sisters, you need to see goose pimples all over my body as I was hearing her and seeing the beautiful kids God decided to bless her with after 11yrs of marriage. She said, "my Dear, see me na, me too am discussing family planning cos my husband doesnt want to hear am pregnant again." Her kids are 2yrs+ for the first set while the 2nd set of twins is just 5m.
I decided to share her story cos most of us must have doubted God at one time or the other. Even me, am a culprit after several failed ivf. I told Mrs XYZ that God must have really been laughing at us all those years we were crying and wailing after each failed ivf. He must have been saying, if only my children know what I have in store for them, they wont even waste their tears. Am still waiting for my new freind Mrs XYZ to come on board, cos I know our faith needs to be strenghtened seriously. God bless all waiting mothers in this house and give you all mind blowing testimonies IJN. Amen!

11 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2013
@bros inwangobio,happy the generals are here,so sorry my hailings iz coming late,abeg hope ona never do the paree ooo,coz I must not miss the edikainkong and epankukor...God bless u all.amin.
@ nogen,hailings,abeg that mama Helen na fully traditional ? I called her,and we spoke a lil,she say make I come with 120k....i need to know if the charges is for herbs,are tests included?are her price negotiable?
@blendy,hmmmm,when God says it's time,nobori can say otherwise oooo,God is great.
Hailings to Efri bori here...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
@ Blendy.The God that fetches water into the basket to disgrace the bucket.....Hallowed be His name! This testimony is a mighty one! 2 sets of twins!!!!! God be praised!

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.