Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Increase In The Price Of Water - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Increase In The Price Of Water (31939 Views)

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. / What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria / Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Angelfrost(m): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
General price increase.
Even love has increased in price. I think a bag of unpure water is about N250 - N300 in Lagos (not sure).

Why did we stop drinking tap water in Nigeria?
As a child I drank tap water and it was refreshing. I remember we would keep Ragolis containers when we are opportuned to lay our hands on table water, fill it with water and put it in the fridge. We served it to guests and no one freaked out.

We go to houses with boreholes, pay them for just one 20L rubber and that water would be strictly for drinking. Fast forward to 2023, most houses have personal boreholes and can't drink same water.

What changed?

Mental laziness and lack of innovation... Purifying borehole water for drinking directly into the homes is not rocket science!

4 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by ukaface(f): 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
🤣😂🤣
Funny citizens
So who Una Dey complain give now?
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by gly(m): 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
General price increase.
Even love has increased in price. I think a bag of unpure water is about N250 - N300 in Lagos (not sure).

As a child I drank tap water and it was refreshing. I remember we would keep Ragolis containers when we are opportuned to lay our hands on table water, fill it with water and put it in the fridge. We served it to guests and no one freaked out.

We go to houses with boreholes, pay them for just one 20L rubber and that water would be strictly for drinking. Fast forward to 2023, most houses have personal boreholes and can't drink same water.

What changed?

You and I changed! and that also changed the narrative!
Not until we factor in Sustainable Development Goal (SDG), especially goal-6 in what ever we are doing, I am afraid the worst just days are few hours away.
We may postpone the evil days but whether we like it or not the evil days will surely come safe we think of integrated water resource management (IWRM) in all we do
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by usecondom(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
180 in Ondo
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by olaiya2007(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
General price increase.

What changed?

This should be a point of discourse on a new thread... Gone are those beautiful days

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by NoToPile: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
Most of the pure waters are not even pure.

Make una dey drink borehole, you can boil it.

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by smileyoo: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
pafra:

How long are Nigerians going to endure this hardship.
We thought it ended with buhari . But PMB is looking like a genius compared to BAT and RAT

God I beg oOoOO .

This affliction (BAT) must not arise again.
is it not too early for you guys to cry and condemn president BAT ?
after all, despite the hardship and nightmare that bubu's APC put us through for 8yrs , some nigerians based on outdated and archaic tribal and religious political leanings, still have the guts to go near to any APC logo and vote the candidates.
therefore nigerians must stop wailings and excercise patient to see if indeed our president BAT could perform better than the cow-dealer.
the best that i expect our president BAT to do in the earliest period, is to end these daily senseless killings of innocent nigerians , across the nation.
pls we are no more wailers because we have moved on .

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by tiswell(m): 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Osiki18:
Good day nairalanders. Please how much is the cost of a bag of sachet water in your area? I usually get a bag for N250 only to back yesterday and was told it has increased to N350. I stay at Choba in PH

Is the increase only in sachet water?
Is the change just in Port Harcourt?
Is the fuel subsidy also a factor?
why not remove the subsidy in ya stoma ch and drink borehole in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Kendo93: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Laslas nah everybody go chopp breakfast lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by phorget(m): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
landmark86:
Funny country
Citizens with greediness
Oral B that I bought #650 last month was sold to me #750 last week

So you still dey brush teeth for this Tilumbu time?... EFCC must come arrest you.

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Uchefame(m): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
Osiki18:
Good day nairalanders. Please how much is the cost of a bag of sachet water in your area? I usually get a bag for N250 only to back yesterday and was told it has increased to N350. I stay at Choba in PH

I bought one bag of sachet water #300 in omagwa

2 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by IntelligentGoat: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
I dont buy out water I still drink fresh pumped 4am water
Pure water some have been kept in the storeroom for long and that alone makes it contaminated already.

Drinking bottle water is even difficult for me cuz it has been kept for long but fresh pumped water from a well hygienic drilled borehole is the best

Una
pocohantas:
General price increase.
Even love has increased in price.
It should be about N300 in Lagos. Why did we stop drinking tap water in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by lexy2014: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

Subsidy costs this first 6 months were already higher than the last 6 months of 2022.

If tinubu wanted to keep subsidy, he would have had to borrow more. And this time IMF and co won't have said yes

Since the 90s, What percentage of each litre of fuel that the government was paying subsidy on?

With each "removal" of Subsidy, what was now the percentage of each litre of fuel that the government was paying subsidy on?

Before this "removal" by Tinubu, what percentage on each litre of fuel was "finally removed" as subsidy?

Didnt buhari end subsidy in 2020? Which subsidy are you saying that Tinubu removed again?

Which subsidy do you say the government was funding with loan after subsidy ended in 2020?

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Enemyofpeace: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
Things are now very expenses in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Juanmike(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Even microphone batteries has increased, how am I going to prophesy on Sunday when fuel and microphone batteries are very expensive. I really have to relocate my ministry to another country, business isn't moving like before in Nigeria. cry

This I have seen.
Too many fake prophesy made it so
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by ManTJ1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
Let the poor breath, don’t suffocate them

is Tinubu not suffocating the poor now?

They only look at few people and not the general masses to make policies.

God help us 00000
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by lexy2014: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
General price increase.

What changed?

What is the source of the tap water you were drinking back in the days?

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Uchefame(m): 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
Its time to boil water from bore hole and keep for drinking purpose.
Let's look for alternative solutions to reduce cost.

2 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by drololaaof: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Osiki18:

Those are shylock, because what they use to produce the water was diesel dependent not petrol

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
landmark86:
Funny country
Citizens with greediness
Oral B that I bought #650 last month was sold to me #750 last week

You guys are lucky the prices didn't triple.

That drug man woke up one day and increased the price of petrol by over 3x in the name if subsidy remival and no one protested. People were even hailing him.

Normally, the prices of goods and services should follow the same trend of tripling , as almost everything in the country is dependent on the petrol price

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by worksmart(m): 3:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
Return to your villages and start farming, we are in for a rough ride!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Juanmike(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
ManWater:
How long will Nigerians wait before the recent actions of Tinubu Govt start forcing down prices
Till kingdom come
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Landmine1: 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Lovenorth:
Thank God the price of air is free
the only reason air is free is because governments haven’t found a proper way to charge for it.

Oxygen is already paid for in hospitals.

3 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
#150 at bourdillon Ikoyi

I bought mine at the Rate of N100 at Aso Rockgrin
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
worksmart:
Return to your villages and start farming, we are in for a rough ride

HerdsMen and Bandits are Waiting for Yougrin
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Streetdoctor: 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
pafra:

How long are Nigerians going to endure this hardship.
We thought it ended with buhari . But PMB is looking like a genius compared to BAT and RAT

God I beg oOoOO .

This affliction (BAT) must not arise again.
He has risen sir, d poor shall no longer breath rather poor will suffocate
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by ebubenmuo(f): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
I buy #140 here in zaria kaduna state
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
ManWater:
How long will Nigerians wait before the recent actions of Tinubu Govt start forcing down prices

Don't live on false hopes.

His actions will never bring the prices of things down, but will keep causing their increase.

Floating the naira against the dollars that have been perpetually scarce in Nigeria as we're not an exporting country is even more foolish and thoughtless than the subsidy he removed.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by lalalista: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2023
Awise09:
I don't drink sachets water, only borehole water its natural and heath wise.
do you boil it?
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by worksmart(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
Stop buying pure water, it is only borehole water put into (unhealthy) plastic sachets. Why not just drink the borehole water direct? Get your borehole water tested and if it requires filtering then filter before consuming.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Flame77: 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
It's 200 from truck and 250 at retail shops here in GRA ikeja
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Gracepikin33333(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
4400 @ 20 bags

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You / 5 Children Ate Cucumber And Died In Cross River State. Graphic Photos / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.