Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation (76251 Views)

It Shows Depth Of Decay In Our Society – Atiku Speaks On Sheikh Aisami’s Murder / Herdsmen Attacks: Over 600,000 Persons Displaced In Benue / Kayode Ogundamisi Responds To Attacks Over Leaked Audio From Sen Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by fergie001: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nigerians please relax! Re Paris, Interesting attacks from both sides. Sadly shows the depth of polarization in our society. I post photos in the order received by accompanying staff or colleagues. Reading more into it is unwarranted. Let’s unite to build our country not attack!

https://twitter.com/NOIweala/status/1672612107441909761?t=JJTKgzHr6FFkLNJ8ZTtZ5A&s=19

The Director General of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has lamented the level of disunity in Nigeria, describing the situation as sad.

The WTO boss spoke via her verified Twitter handle on Saturday while debunking reports alleging that she snubbed Nigeria’s President, Bola Tinubu, during the just-concluded Summit for a New Global Financing Pact in Paris, France.

Okonjo-Iweala had posted photographs with some participating African Presidents like that of Senegal, Macky Sall; South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, and Zambia, Hakainde Hichilema – at the Summit, which was also attended by President Tinubu.

Social media users in Nigeria especially supporters of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 general election, Mr Peter Obi, who go by the appellation of ‘Obi-dients’, hailed Okonjo-Iweala for purportedly snubbing Tinubu at the global event.

Consequently, many netizens, who are supporters of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, otherwise known as ‘BATists’ began to fire what can be described as a counter salvo without finding out the veracity or otherwise of the claim that the former Nigeria’s Minister of Finace snubbed Tinubu at the Paris Summit.

They alleged that President Tinubu was deliberately cropped out of the photographs despite his attendance of the Summit convened by the French President, Emmanuel Macron.

But, amid the social media spat between the two groups of Nigerians occasioned by false claims and counter-claims, Okonjo-Iweala took to her verified Twitter handle again on Saturday evening to debunk the allegations against her.

She shared more photographs she took at the Summit with President Tinubu, Nigerian businessman Tony Elumelu and others, noting that photographs with other African Presidents earlier posted by her were done in the order she received them from her accompanying staff and colleagues at the event.

She, therefore, stated that ascribing any ulterior motive or meaning to her action (order of posting her photographs) was unnecessary and unwarranted even as she called for unity of purpose and cessation of further attacks by Nigerians.

SOURCE

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Olaoluwa112(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
Without deceiving ourselves, those attacking this mama are just acting fool.
Last time I checked, we all still have our right to post whatever we want on our pages, say whatever we want provided that we don't go against the law.
If mama no post bat, let bat post himself.

649 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Olaoluwa112(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
Y smiley
Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Ezeama400: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinubu was very very excited to meet Iweala hence shaking her with two hands when Iweala gave out one hand, but his supporters are the ones turning every thread into tribal war... grin grin grin grin

Tinubu rodents are disgrace to humanity

449 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
Olaoluwa112:
Y

No write dorty here o!

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2023
She didn't post it to avoid attacks from Obidients

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by jmoore(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinubu supporters were attacking Ngozi

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by jmoore(m): 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2023
The demonic bats claim to be tolerant but na dem be master for attacks.

230 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by jmoore(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinubu supporters bullying Ngozi

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Freshtruth(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinubu kws this job I am an obident e go pain me if obi wins the court case we need someone with balls like tinubu not another Goodluck kind of president coming to pls d North. We need someone we guts and intelligence to rule this nation. Buhari has the guts but was not intelligent.

In Tinubu case the results is there for us to see not sweet mouth making.

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by jmoore(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tinubu supporters must have taken drugs, hence the unwarranted attacks on Ngozi.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Yyodike: 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
K
Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by easyfem(m): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
Mama , if u are given appointment from apc , dont take because of name spoiler

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by richidinho(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
As a Tinubu supporter, I was very happy to see my leader's picture with mama WTO in the supplementary list of the event grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by FlawlessKarl: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
shocked

TINUBU is an idiot , a compound foooool, and a drug trafficking kingpin that will soon be disgrace.

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by chimhigher(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by LOVEGINO(m): 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ezeama400:
Tinubu was very very excited to met Iweala hence shaking her with two hands when Iweala gave one hand, but his supporters are the ones turning every thread into tribal war... grin grin grin grin

Tinubu rodents are disgrace to humanity

person dey tap current u dey rant.😂

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by kelvindj98: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
Obidenses want everyone to be miserable as them. No difference from the Trumptards in the US. They are just a cult now.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by kuntash: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
Still very polarised

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by exstreve: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
We've been having peaceful elections for years now and never faced any issues, until the fake Messiah from the potopoto region decided to contest, giving birth to his criminal gangs

158 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by DeLaRue: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
From what I understand, the woman has never congratulated the President on his election. Though I stand to be corrected.

That's totally unprofessional.

She is in her current post because the Nigerian government lobbied for her. If the Nigerian government had opposed her appointment she would not have been appointed only on the strength of her qualification for the role.

Whether or not she was happy with the outcome of the Presidential election is a personal matter for her. That should not have stopped her from doing the decent thing by congratulating the declared winner, afterall there is a constitutional process for dissatisfied contestants to challenge the outcome if the wished.

By failing to do the decent thing she debases herself and lends her support to uncivil, anti-democratic tendencies.

I have no particular interest in whether she posts pictures with the President as that's not particularly important.

81 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by drinkgarri: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
She didn't post Tinubu pix at first because of the fear of the Obullydients

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by Emperormartin(m): 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
Not only Nigeria is divided but the division has seared into the churches...

Even pastors now preach it openly every Sundays.

Don't tell me that the pastors are Igbos as major churches in Nigeria are anchored by Yoruba men of God.

As the division has now taken religious undertone; that once united country is now heading into tatterrs

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by nairalanda1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
It is the internet, and it is happening everywhere.

And if you think Nigerian internet space is polarised, check out the American internet space. Infact spend some time there, and you would think that the US is about to erupt into civil war.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala:Attacks Over Photos I Posted shows depth Of Nigeria's polarisation by NutritionGuru: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
She was afraid of Victimization from Obidenses, that's why she didn't post it. If Nigerians have not voiced their anger, she wouldn't have posted it. Even after she posted it, go and see how Obidenses have started attacking her online left, right and center that she betrayed anddiappointed Obi.

33 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Obi Defeats Tinubu, Atiku In Nasarawa State / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu: Protest In Kano Over "Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.