Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,128 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP (50121 Views)

PDP Wins Majority Seats In Delta Assembly. PDP 22, APC 7 / 22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by JohnBullMySon: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tinubu's supporters are hyperfocused on igbos while the North continues to betray them daily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by femijamz: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Impossible mission
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
You couldn't get simple majority to win Senate president, it is two- third majority that you would now get. Yari thinks two-third majority na beans.

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Putinofrussia: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
dre11:
• PDP lures Yari group with Senate President, Deputy positions

• PDP senators to take Majority Leader, Chief Whip\Deputy, others

https://sunnewsonline.com/big-upset-looms-in-senate-22-apc-senators-set-to-decamp-to-pdp/
DOA.They have failed.

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
Dialpad:
Beer parlor gist

It's not beer parlour gist. I live in Abuja and I'm quite privy to political developments over here.

I'm actually more concerned about how this information got to the media space, cause it's been a well guarded plot. Looks like one of the senators in the inner circles has close aides who cannot put a lock on their lips.

There is a grand scheme to topple the current leadership of the senate through a democratic process. It is being spearheaded by the current Northern politicians. They have been berated by the old Northern order, that they're so docile to the point they're allowing the South dominate their region politically, in this dispensation.

So they have opted to stage a legitimate resistance by courting the majority in the red chamber and they're doing this by any means necessary, even through humongous bribes. Trust me, if Godswill Akpabio doesn't up his game in the days ahead, he'll lose that Senate Presidency and the North will take over control of the Legislative. They've seen it as the best way to have a firm grip on the activities of this current government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by tesppidd: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
I don Gerrit.
Are they going to hold Senate President election twice or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by JOemmy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
How true is this?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by forerunner022(m): 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hope OmoAgege will go help steal the mace for Akpabio's sake?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by gotnel: 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
The game is good.
Let the players begin the process.
It's better play when you have master strategists on both sides.
Watching the drama as it is unfolding

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
tesppidd:
I don Gerrit.
Are they going to hold Senate President election twice or what?

It is constitutionally allowed.

The moment the house majority tilts towards the favour of another party, another election process for the principal senate office is going to be conducted. It is a very easy process.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by chloride6: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Read tabloids at your peril..
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by AfonjaConehead: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
This is gang up against Tinubu over his recent bold appointments. This move is orchestrated by the north....the southern senators should rally round eachother regardless of political affiliations and dissociate themselves from this evil plot...they should support Tinubu at all cost. Any southerner that supports this evil plot,thunda faya you.

Modified: I posted before seeing Buddha3's post up ∆∆^ there.

I said it,it's a northern plot!

South beware..let's rally round Tinubu

5 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by tesppidd: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

It is constitutionally allowed.

The moment the house majority tilts towards the favour of another party, another election process for the principal senate office is going to be conducted. It is a very easy process.
Oohh

Okay,

I Gerrit.

But like someone just said, Tinubu would never allow that,

Their seats will be declared vacant.

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by computer0810(m): 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ofumin:
This is a plan to unsettle this government. I hope you all are seeing the effects of recycled Politicians the Obedient was campaigning about.

I hope you're all enjoying the old wine. Because of ethnicity and religion

So obi is not a recycled politician, he just came from heaven werey😂😂😂

Same way u believe obi will win and he lost is d same way u believe dis rubbish u just read😂 dumb head

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Felabrity: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
I said this months ago that apc politicians, especially the ones from the North, will decamp to pdp and those in pdp will do likewise
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by computer0810(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
JOemmy:
How true is this?

Mumu
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by gotnel: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

It's not beer parlour gist. I live in Abuja and I'm quite privy to political developments over here.

I'm actually more concerned about how this information got to the media space, cause it's been a well guarded plot. Looks like one of the senators in the inner circles has close aides who cannot put a lock on their lips.

There is a grand scheme to topple the current leadership of the senate through a democratic process. It is being spearheaded by the current Northern politicians. They have been berated by the old Northern order, that they're so docile to the point they're allowing the South dominate their region politically, in this dispensation.

So they have opted to stage a legitimate resistance by courting the majority in the red chamber and they're doing this by any means necessary, even through humongous bribes. Trust me, if Godswill Akpabio doesn't up his game in the days ahead, he'll lose that Senate Presidency and the North will take over control of the Legislative. They've seen it as the best way to have a firm grip on the activities of this current government.

Whatever they have planned, we will need to wait until they can practically make it a reality.
Political jaguars are not relenting.

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by cyberguy72(m): 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
favor914:
Please get out of here, you & you fellowship of Incoherent Obidients with this I hear say gist, nonsense Wailer, leave the ruling party & move to that dead 💀 party Pdp?

They might as well jump into the well to join Peter Gringory Obi in the LP?
Chai painful
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by yommen: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ofumin:
This is a plan to unsettle this government. I hope you all are seeing the effects of recycled Politicians the Obedient was campaigning about.

I hope you're all enjoying the old wine. Because of ethnicity and religion

Is PO himself not an old wine. If I remember clearly, LP is his third party. He wasn't even at any point celebrated as best in anything when he was governor. Your holier-than-thou attitude won't lead you anywhere. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by bigiyaro(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
Bunch of old criminals and thugs.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by cyberguy72(m): 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:

Akpabio can only be impeached by 73 Senators. They don’t have 73 senators in their camp so they can’t impeach him. Buddy, Akpabio holds all the aces.
A simple majority would impeach him.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by computer0810(m): 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Tinubu's supporters are hyperfocused on igbos while the North continues to betray them daily.

The same north that gave tinubu d highest vote😂😂

U igbos are losers and we r giving u all back ur hate, if there's any tribe that focuses on another its d igbos, ur bad region is not a problem to u but na SW and north be ur problem 😂😂😂 small thing u ppl will be claiming the victim........the major power house in Nigeria are being occupied by yoruba as we speak and u r talking about betray foolish dumb heads mumu😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
tesppidd:
Oohh

Okay,

I Gerrit.

But like someone just said, Tinubu would never allow that,

Their seats will be declared vacant.

grin grin

You people give too much credit to Bola Tinubu. Before his emergence in the political scene, there were other politicians.

What makes you think Tinubu has the influence to decide for Legislators from his abode in Aso rock? See, Northerners can die for tribe and religion, but not for money. This particular issue is being pushed on the altar of tribe and ethnicity. The North is already starting to feel disenchanted that the region is being left out of major seats in the country's leadership. Now they're playing the tribal card with the politicians they have left in the current Government. And believe you me, there's no amount of money or material inducement Tinubu can give to any current Northern politician that would sway him to betray the interest of his region.

This particular one, might sadly prove to be beyond Tinubu's control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by juman(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Orji kalu tales by moon light.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Larryndelaw: 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
They will fail. Let them decamp to PDP. That will.be the end of their political career. Saraki a whole senate president tried it and his political career crashed in a jiffy

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by dman4mdmoon(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
Joke of the century!
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by DellaGold: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:
Nothing to worry about. Senate President Godswill Akpabio will simply declare their seats vacant and it will be enforced immediately. Bye-election will be conducted and loyal party members will be elected.

Which constitution supports this your adumbration?.

Who's Senate President to declare seats of his EQUAL COLLEAGUES vacant?

Go read your constitution properly my man
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by wallrichy: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
And I trust Akpabio to do the right thing within his senate power to protect his seat and also guarantee a good governance. Akpabio is smart and very experience, he would deal decisively with the situation if it ever bring its ugly head up.....

quote author=seunmsg post=124022255]

Akpabio can only be impeached by 73 Senators. They don’t have 73 senators in their camp so they can’t impeach him. Buddy, Akpabio holds all the aces. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
According to OUK media
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:

Akpabio can only be impeached by 73 Senators. They don’t have 73 senators in their camp so they can’t impeach him. Buddy, Akpabio holds all the aces.

You're joking!

A simple majority of two senators is enough for the opposition to push for another senate election to remove Akpabio.

Sometimes I wonder where you get your political knowledge from. Cause you often sound like someone who has very faint insights into the Nigerian constitution.

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by cyberguy72(m): 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
Corporate2020:

So in your view you think any politician or group of politicians can unsettle Emilokan Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s government
Emilokun that literally begged and bribed to ensure Akpabio was voted for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"No Gree For Anybody": Who Gives Nigeria Yearly National Motto? Police React / List Of Buhari's Critics Who Have Died Within 8 Months - Sahara Reporters / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.