Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP (50050 Views)

PDP Wins Majority Seats In Delta Assembly. PDP 22, APC 7 / 22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

This is always my problem with you. You argue too much and make conversations seem like disputes.

How can you, in your supposed state of intelligence, compare outcomes of State assemblies to the National assembly? I am simply putting this information out here not because I want a banter, but because I smell trouble ahead. I am a South South man to the core and you know this. I may not like Tinubu, but I support Akpabio. What I'm doing now, is a clarion call to awareness. Not setting a table for us both to sit and argue.

Your point is not tenable.it is easier to impeach or elect speakers in state assembly than in federal.the only time a senate president was impeached was under obj when obj wanted them gone.upon all the moves against saraki,he survived....see,no senator will defect except his return ticket is guaranteed

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

And you're asking why Saraki wasn't removed?

How did Saraki become Senate President? Did he not have the majority on his side by luring Senators from other minorities? So if an impeachment process had been initiated, how do you suppose he'd have been on the losing side with the majority he already had? And were you not even in this same Nigeria when several attempts were made to remove Saraki? How did that pan out?

Saraki was elected because at the time of election,all pdp senators and a few apc senators were present.apc had the numbers to remove him but it was impossible because athey didn't have two third.even if 22 senators defect,it only becomes official if the speaker reads their letter of defection on the floor.again,you need the security on your side

3 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by francotunsco: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
nairalanda1:
Just business.

That means that Tinubu would have a lot of fire under his feet.

Good for governance. No more rubber stamp assembly
So, a divided house is good abi? Do you think Amos 3:3 is a joke?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by AareGaa: 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
I
Ofumin:
This is a plan to unsettle this government. I hope you all are seeing the effects of recycled Politicians the Obedient was campaigning about.

I hope you're all enjoying the old wine. Because of ethnicity and religion

Is Obi not a recycled politian too?

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

He won't lose it.if he was to lose it,it would be during the election.he almost lost if not tinubu last minute intervention.such mass defections only happens during election time.again,the supreme court has clearly stated that parliamentary defections equals to losing once senate seat.
Another thing you need to know is that yari is not a good candidate.he is not charismatic nor charming,he is a bad leader.he is not the kind of leader that will really the north.only people like aliero,wamakko,goje etc can propel the north not yari.22 senators defectikg means even southerners will defect also.whuch southerner do you see defecting? No Yoruba senator will defect,none of the 3 senators in rivers or 2 in CRS will defect.none in edo.none in imo, ebonyi.only ouk can defect.

Lol.

Baba, you dey always off me with your analysis.
The bottomline at this point is that the North is disgruntled and we both know they've aired their grievance before now. Yari doesn't have to be a good or charismatic leader, they just need their own in the number three position and they can control the Legislative from there. And it's quite saddening for you to naively believe that every Southern Senator in that chamber can't betray Tinubu. That man is not very liked. People are just flowing with the tide of the moment. You think these present senators fancy the idea of being labelled as a "rubber stamp senate" just because they want to follow Akpabio to comform to Tinubu's whims and caprices?

Haba na! Reason this thing.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Yusman316(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:

Akpabio can only be impeached by 73 Senators. They don’t have 73 senators in their camp so they can’t impeach him. Buddy, Akpabio holds all the aces.
The question you should be asking him is, what will be their grounds for impeachment? Abi he thinks impeachment just happens like that

5 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

Saraki was elected because at the time of election,all pdp senators and a few apc senators were present.apc had the numbers to remove him but it was impossible because athey didn't have two third.even if 22 senators defect,it only becomes official if the speaker reads their letter of defection on the floor.again,you need the security on your side

So you believe, Akpabio refusing to read their defection letters on the floor of the senate, is going to be enough reason for the senators not to defect.. grin?

LMAO!

Senatordave, I sincerely expected you to be more intelligent than this.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Yusman316(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

The bottomline at this point is that the North is disgruntled and we both know they've aired their grievance before now. Yari doesn't have to be a good or charismatic leader, they just need their own in the number three position and they can control the Legislative from there. And it's quite saddening for you to naively believe that every Southern Senator in that chamber can't betray Tinubu. That man is not very liked. People are just flowing with the tide of the moment. You think these present senators fancy the idea of being labelled as a "rubber stamp senate" just because they want to follow Akpabio to comform to Tinubu's whims and caprices?

So their own at number 2 & 4 positions is not enough for them?

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by nairalanda1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
francotunsco:

So, a divided house is good abi? Do you think Amos 3:3 is a joke?

Do you think that Jeremiah 13 Vs 23 is a joke?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Taigaban: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
Not likely to happen. We are not yet in the season of decamping.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by generalud: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
Weekend story for the gods.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

This thing balances itself out.not every southerner is with akpabio,not every northerner is with yari.as akpabio is not liked is how they hate yari.the interest of every personal before regional or rubber stamp.it cannot work sir,not with yari and not so early.akpabio self is not an easy politician.if izunaso or ouk was SP,maybe but not akpabio

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
Greedy criminals feeding fat on tax payers money.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Poisonousman: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:
Nothing to worry about. Senate President Godswill Akpabio will simply declare their seats vacant and it will be enforced immediately. Bye-election will be conducted and loyal party members will be elected.
He cannot declare an elected senators seat vacant ... You don't know what you are typing .. where dey convicted , why would their seats be declared vacant.. that is abuse of power
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

So you believe, Akpabio refusing to read their defection letters on the floor of the senate, is going to be enough reason for the senators not to defect.. grin?

LMAO!

Senatordave, I sincerely expected you to be more intelligent than this.

I am only telling you things are done legally.this is the reason why obi is losing,he isn't following the law.akpabio cannot be removed.leave this topic.stay on obi

4 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by drlateef: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:
Nothing to worry about. Senate President Godswill Akpabio will simply declare their seats vacant and it will be enforced immediately. Bye-election will be conducted and loyal party members will be elected.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Their seats will be declared vacant immediately and backed by executive. INEC will be asked to conduct by-election. And they will make sure they don’t win the election. Anyway, i dont see any senator from southwest joining the crooks. Yari is not going to give up easily after spending $10 million on each senator, only to be betrayed and dumped at last minute by some of them. But he will meet Tinubu the master strategist as a formidable force he cannot surmount.

4 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Yusman316:

So their own at number 2 & 4 positions is not enough for them?

To them, numbers 2 and 4 count for nothing. They need the principal offices.

Even with Tinubu's recent appointments, despite how much he tries to balance things, you'll always see the scale tilting in favour of the South. They're not blind to these things and they already feel Tinubu is trying to even scores, considering the nonsense Buhari did in his tenure.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by NapoleonHill: 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
XerXers:

North wey you worship like God is suddenly nonesense and you think they will not retaliate? People wey nearly impeach Obasanjo if not for Obasanj's unification of the south? You think withstand their madness with a divided south?

The way una take fear north for that side ehn... grin cheesy
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

I am only telling you things are done legally.this is the reason why obi is losing,he isn't following the law.akpabio cannot be removed.leave this topic.stay on obi

Okay Sir.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Peacecore: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
sukar886:

Fear Northern for politics
No dey fear any North bro. There's nothing they can do this time.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Fantastictelem: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
This is a blatant lie coming from orji uzor Kalu newspaper. APC senators that voted Yari are not even up to 13. So where are they getting their disgruntled senators from?

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by eeetuk(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
"The source added that already, the 22 senators have held series of meetings in Abuja and London, where they affirmed their resolve to decamp to the PDP."

Report from the Nigerian newspapers is not always reliable----leading me to question its authentication. For example, before Senate election, which resulted in Akpabio favor, Reports were all over the Nigerian newspapers suggesting that senators who supported Akpabio had changed their minds and would support Yari instead. Was that true? The short answer is no. Akpabio ended up winning by 17 votes . So, this Report of PDP taking over is in my opinion fake. Akpabio will remain Senate president still 2027.
Who disagree?

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by shinealight(m): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
Like jumping from frying pan to fire…..to achieve what exactly? Nigeria is not one country and may never achieve that status! cool cool
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Peacecore: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Court process will not allow them removed immediately. They must have impeached the SP.

NORTHERN FORCES are not still not happy with the outcome of SP election alongside their southern ally.

But they should allow the system to settle abeg.
With which number, in which complex, and with which maze? Do you still think that the North is not polarize also?? They're it as united as you think. About half of the votes Yari got came from PDP.

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Peacecore: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2023
cyberguy72:
How many seats were declared vacant during the 9th senate...dey there dey deceive urself.For your info Akpabio is not even qualified to be in the Senate...I doubt if he wud risk declaring seats vacant
Why this type of news give you joy to the extent of beclouding your proper reasoning??

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

Okay Sir.

Tambuwal defected to minority apc,he coundnt be removed in 2014.saraki and dogara defected to minority pdp,why were they not removed? Guy,leave this topic.
For you to remove sp,you will move a motion and the sp can deny you.if he suspects anything,he can suspend the rebel senators and they would be denied access to senate.saraki did it,forget this issue eyeneka

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by cyberguy72(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=124029765]This is gang up against Tinubu over his recent bold appointments. This move is orchestrated by the north....the southern senators should rally round eachother regardless of political affiliations and dissociate themselves from this evil plot...they should support Tinubu at all cost. Any southerner that supports this evil plot,thunda faya you.

Modified: I posted before seeing Buddha3's post up ∆∆^ there.

I said it,it's a northern plot!

South beware..let's rally round Tinubu[/quoteIncluding the ipob senators too ...lol
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Peacecore: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

It's not beer parlour gist. I live in Abuja and I'm quite privy to political developments over here.

I'm actually more concerned about how this information got to the media space, cause it's been a well guarded plot. Looks like one of the senators in the inner circles has close aides who cannot put a lock on their lips.

There is a grand scheme to topple the current leadership of the senate through a democratic process. It is being spearheaded by the current Northern politicians. They have been berated by the old Northern order, that they're so docile to the point they're allowing the South dominate their region politically, in this dispensation.

So they have opted to stage a legitimate resistance by courting the majority in the red chamber and they're doing this by any means necessary, even through humongous bribes. Trust me, if Godswill Akpabio doesn't up his game in the days ahead, he'll lose that Senate Presidency and the North will take over control of the Legislative. They've seen it as the best way to have a firm grip on the activities of this current government.
Otilo! They can't do pim. Tinubu is far ahead of them. He's not that dance that left Aso rock last month.

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

To them, numbers 2 and 4 count for nothing. They need the principal offices.

Even with Tinubu's recent appointments, despite how much he tries to balance things, you'll always see the scale tilting in favour of the South. They're not blind to these things and they already feel Tinubu is trying to even scores, considering the nonsense Buhari did in his tenure.

Not all the north is one.just as north all south is united.we have 58 northern senators and 51 southern senators.none has the numbers to remove akpabio.if you follow the election well,you will see that yari biggest supporter from the north was abbo,a northern christian.half of the north were not with him

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by COMPAQ(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
I'm sure they're all from the North. That's how those positions from up there behave. They believe governance is there right and there's alone
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Jostoman: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
Aquila99:

Lol. Okada men talk. Even if dy do. Dis new electoral law will be against dem. Dey will be gone.
but you believe the new electoral law will not affect your BAT in court. Dey play
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by cyberguy72(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
Jogs1900:

What if he reads the letter and declares their seats vacant immediately?
It's only a court that can declare their seats vacant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Wears Made In Aba Attire (Photos) / Fayose And Amaechi Pictured Together Laughing Out Loud (pics) / #EndSARS: Women, Mothers Protest In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.