Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP (50108 Views)

PDP Wins Majority Seats In Delta Assembly. PDP 22, APC 7 / 22 APC Senators Planning To Defect To PDP - Fani-Kayode Cries / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by oliseh99: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:

Akpabio can only be impeached by 73 Senators. They don’t have 73 senators in their camp so they can’t impeach him. Buddy, Akpabio holds all the aces.
So you mean some labour party senator won't work with them?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

grin grin

You people give too much credit to Bola Tinubu. Before his emergence in the political scene, there were other politicians.

What makes you think Tinubu has the influence to decide for Legislators from his abode in Aso rock? See, Northerners can die for tribe and religion, but not for money. This particular issue is being pushed on the altar of tribe and ethnicity. The North is already starting to feel disenchanted that the region is being left out of major seats in the country's leadership. Now they're playing the tribal card with the politicians they have left in the current Government. And believe you me, there's no amount of money or material inducement Tinubu can give to any current Northern politician that would sway him to betray the interest of his region.

This particular one, might sadly prove to be beyond Tinubu's control.

Not true.you are just making it up,you are just one of these southerner that overhypes or overrated the north.once you see a northerner saying something,you feel the entire north is with them.
Tinubu deserves all the credits.i told you that he will get 30% in akwa cross.he is the greatest in Nigeria history.60% of tinubu votes are from the north.outside Yoruba,his core loyallists are from the north.many northerners are not with yari,it is southern pdp that are pushing him.you seem to forget that this northern agenda is mostly pushed forward by core north and middle belt usually back the south.stop the false alarm

6 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Iamzik: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:
Nothing to worry about. Senate President Godswill Akpabio will simply declare their seats vacant and it will be enforced immediately. Bye-election will be conducted and loyal party members will be elected.

We are talking about 22 senator, not one or two.
I don't think that akpabio will declare 22 seats vacant.

That will be a very risky political calculation
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

Not true.they will impeach akpabio.tyey are several houses that are dominated by other parties than the speaker party

Lol.

Is it because I didn't include the impeachment part?

Once another party assumes majority in the senate house, a swift impeachment motion is going to be moved and there's nothing Akpabio can do about it. And if you know politics well, you should know impeachment isn't decided by who can shout the loudest "Aye" or "Nay".

In one week, they'll remove Akpabio from that seat and a fresh election process would be conducted to determine a new senate leader.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

You're joking!

A simple majority of two senators is enough for the opposition to push for another senate election to remove Akpabio.

Sometimes I wonder where you get your political knowledge from. Cause you often sound like someone who has very faint insights into the Nigerian constitution.

Stop talking nonsense.two third majority is required

6 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by seunmsg(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
oliseh99:

So you mean some labour party senator won't work with them?

63 senators voted for Akpabio and 46 voted for Yari. So, where will they get the 73?

4 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
cyberguy72:
Emilokun that literally begged and bribed to ensure Akpabio was voted for.

It is part of politicking.did buhari not beg severally

3 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by udemzyudex(m): 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
Rubbish report.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Eriokanmi: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
PDP remains the only truly democratic party in Africa like ive always said. The party which doesn't discriminate or stigmatise. It doesn't matter who you are, your religion or where you come from, you'd be equally treated. APC peeps are nothing but power grabbers. Can someone tell me how much is USD today and how much it was in 2015? I just want to check something. Apc is a party which rides on propaganda.

What they accused another party of , would be exhibited by the apc and they'd say its the best step ever taken and their myopic followers would back their polices. Up till last week, boko haram, aka bandits still killed many but you'd never hear the apc say a word, as if those victims weren't human beings. During Jonathan administration, they made it look like its the worst of all incidents in Nigeria when chibok girls were kidnapped...and buhari promised to rescue all of them if elected. Several school girls had been kidnapped and never returned under the apc but they killed the matter with propaganda.

I blame Atiku who came and dabaru everything. I Hope he doesn't come in the next 4 years again cos he has the money to buy every spirit and soul in order to have his way. People like him don't know what to do with money again. The progress of the country isn't in their heart. When fuel was selling for less than 100 naira Jonathan said he'd remove subsidy and buhari, Tinubu and Co hit him and staged protests nationwide. Nigeria would have faced better today economically, had they allowed him that time. Now that they're doing that, it comes rather too late. The corruption they accused the pdp of is a commonplace under the apc.

I'm still waiting for the day they'd treat that accountant general who singlehandedly stole over 100bn the way they're dealing with diezani today Or the day they'd jail Hadi Sirika for scamming a country of over 200m population by faking the Nigerian Air after stealing billions from that investment or malami who sold a vessel of crude during COVID-19 to China when there was lockdown globally. Or aisha who almost ran the flow of dollar at the cbn dry in fx deals or the minister of disaster management who was still feeding school children with billions during covid-19 when all of them were with their parents at home and schools were shut down globally. The same lady was accused of cornering billioms of palliatives but nothingeas done about her matter. .

Peter Obi didn't leave the pdp because he lost at the primaries. He left because the north wasn't the region to produce the next aspirant. He'd have stepped down for anyone from the south. That split vote wouldn't have happened. They'd have had an easy win.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nolevel666: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

The Northerners do not care about abysmal performances of their kin. Abacha was a terror to the entire Nigeria, but today his son is in political circles and even enjoying a huge cult followership. I've lived amongst these people. They easily forgive the transgressions of those they perceive to be their own.

Do you not get it?!

Buhari failed and they all saw it, but the moment he returned home, he was their own again. Katsina residents came out to beg forgiveness on Buhari's behalf. Same Katsina that suffered killings and impoverishment during his reign. That should tell you something.

How many times have you seen Northerners come out publicly to castigate their own over allegations of crime or corruption? Baba, just relax! You can never understand the reasoning of an average Northern muslim until you live with, or close to him.

I was about saying religion is indeed a disease but I still wonder if it is the same islam they practice in Saudi Arabia.

They seem to be worlds apart in terms of HDI
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Ellasure: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
Musty4ahmed1:
Coming from Orji Uzor Kralu's Sun Newspaper, this is a mind game deployed to bargain for juicy Senate Committee positions from pro Yari Senators that lost out. It's a fake news. They can't do anything.

I am with you, rabourousers
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by eminikansoso(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:

Not in a situation like this. It has not been enforced because most times, opposition members always decamp to the ruling party or the party in control of the National Assembly leadership. Any defection that will turn the ruling party to a minority party with the prospect of a leadership change in the National Assembly will be resisted. Their seats will be declared vacant immediately. Trust me, they can’t pull this off.
Wow 😲
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by seunmsg(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
Iamzik:

We are talking about 22 senator, not one or two.
I don't think that akpabio will declare 22 seats vacant.

That will be a very risky political calculation

Let them decamp first now. The era of lawlessness is gone. Let them decamp and you will see the film.

7 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by NwokoloOwa: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
Yard is just in sivia pains. This malaria fever dream smiley smiley smiley
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

Is it because I didn't include the impeachment part?

Once another party assumes majority in the senate house, a swift impeachment motion is going to be moved and there's nothing Akpabio can do about it. And if you know politics well, you should know impeachment isn't decided by who can shout the loudest "Aye" or "Nay".

In one week, they'll remove Akpabio from that seat and a fresh election process would be conducted to determine a new senate leader.

If so,why wasn't saraki removed? Are you aware that in nasarawa 11 members elected speaker and in Enugu 9 pdp members elected the speaker? Same thing in abia.even in sokoto 2019,the speaker was elected by 12 out of 30 members

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by NwokoloOwa: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
Yari is still in very sivia pains. This malaria fever dream smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

Not true.you are just making it up,you are just one of these southerner that overhypes or overrated the north.once you see a northerner saying something,you feel the entire north is with them.
Tinubu deserves all the credits.i told you that he will get 30% in akwa cross.he is the greatest in Nigeria history.60% of tinubu votes are from the north.outside Yoruba,his core loyallists are from the north.many northerners are not with yari,it is southern pdp that are pushing him.you seem to forget that this northern agenda is mostly pushed forward by core north and middle belt usually back the south.stop the false alarm

Lol.

Senatordave, calm down. If you know me well enough, you should know I don't argue blindly on issues except I'm informed on them. The outcome of the last general election is one issue I have carefully avoided discussing cause too many factors inhibited the free flow of the electoral process. And because I don't want to sound like a "wailer" or "bitter soul", I opted to go quiet since then.

This is not Tinubu we're discussing here. This is the Senate and her leadership. Whether or not the North voted for Tinubu, doesn't hold any significance here. These people are feeling left out and they want to even the odds. I am not raising false alarm, I am giving you the facts on this issue, according to the stretches of my knowledge. If Senate President Godswill Akpabio does not go to Tinubu so they can both re-strategise, he will lose that seat.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Jogs1900: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
AfonjaConehead:
This is gang up against Tinubu over his recent bold appointments. This move is orchestrated by the north....the southern senators should rally round eachother regardless of political affiliations and dissociate themselves from this evil plot...they should support Tinubu at all cost. Any southerner that supports this evil plot,thunda faya you.

Modified: I posted before seeing Buddha3's post up ∆∆^ there.

I said it,it's a northern plot!

South beware..let's rally around Tinubu
What I know is that no matter how bad Tinubu will be, the South will enjoy his government. The true federalism that the South has been clamoring for may be implemented by Tinubu, not by any Northerner.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by ETT93(m): 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
One thing I know is that, 99.9 Nigerians politicians don't meant well for us.....
Very selfish people

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Bigchristo: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:
Nothing to worry about. Senate President Godswill Akpabio will simply declare their seats vacant and it will be enforced immediately. Bye-election will be conducted and loyal party members will be elected.
Doesn’t sound easy as you said, this will definitely go a long way tearing the party apart Na PDP n LP just Dey Bleep up sha dem nor Dey give the ruling party body heat na cos am APC dey mess up since past 8yrs they didn’t do anything
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

If so,why wasn't saraki removed? Are you aware that in nasarawa 11 members elected speaker and in Enugu 9 pdp members elected the speaker? Same thing in abia.even in sokoto 2019,the speaker was elected by 12 out of 30 members

This is always my problem with you. You argue too much and make conversations seem like disputes.

How can you, in your supposed state of intelligence, compare outcomes of State assemblies to the National assembly? I am simply putting this information out here not because I want a banter, but because I smell trouble ahead. I am a South South man to the core and you know this. I may not like Tinubu, but I support Akpabio. What I'm doing now, is a clarion call to awareness. Not setting a table for us both to sit and argue.

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by oliseh99: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2023
seunmsg:

63 senators voted for Akpabio and 46 voted for Yari. So, where will they get the 73?
Ok
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Baatunde(m): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2023
And any senator from the South ( especially those who say they are Christians) will join this so called planned show of madness and help Yari to topple Akpabio and they would still have mouth to shout marginalisation? Is it not obvious that politicians always south marginalisation only when it suits them? Imagine Kalu campaigning for Yari ahead of Akpabio?

Same with Dogara who complained bitterly against Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim ticket and yet endorsed the same for Governorship in Bauchi. Is it not obvious that Tinubu has to intervene to get Akpabio elected in order to forestall a situation whereby all the top four in the hierarchy are Muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

Stop talking nonsense.two third majority is required

Lol.

I'm the one talking nonsense?

This news is telling you that 22 APC senators are about to defect to PDP, which will automatically give PDP the majority. The remainder of what is required to make up two-thirds, is in the other political parties. What makes you think once an impeachment process comes up, that LP, NNPP, APGA won't all just casually flow the way of the majority, just so they can remove the superiority of the APC in the legislative?

Who's talking nonsense now?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

Senatordave, calm down. If you know me well enough, you should know I don't argue blindly on issues except I'm informed on them. The outcome of the last general election is one issue I have carefully avoided discussing cause too many factors inhibited the free flow of the electoral process. And because I don't want to sound like a "wailer" or "bitter soul", I opted to go quiet since then.

This is not Tinubu we're discussing here. This is the Senate and her leadership. Whether or not the North voted for Tinubu, doesn't hold any significance here. These people are feeling left out and they want to even the odds. I am not raising false alarm, I am giving you the facts on this issue, according to the stretches of my knowledge. If Senate President Godswill Akpabio does not go to Tinubu so they can both re-strategise, he will lose that seat.

He won't lose it.if he was to lose it,it would be during the election.he almost lost if not tinubu last minute intervention.such mass defections only happens during election time.again,the supreme court has clearly stated that parliamentary defections equals to losing once senate seat.
Another thing you need to know is that yari is not a good candidate.he is not charismatic nor charming,he is a bad leader.he is not the kind of leader that will really the north.only people like aliero,wamakko,goje etc can propel the north not yari.22 senators defectikg means even southerners will defect also.whuch southerner do you see defecting? No Yoruba senator will defect,none of the 3 senators in rivers or 2 in CRS will defect.none in edo.none in imo, ebonyi.only ouk can defect.

4 Likes

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by senatordave1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

I'm the one talking nonsense?

This news is telling you that 22 APC senators are about to defect to PDP, which will automatically give PDP the majority. The remainder of what is required to make up two-thirds, is in the other political parties. What makes you think once an impeachment process comes up, that LP, NNPP, APGA won't all just casually flow the way of the majority, just so they can remove the superiority of the APC in the legislative?

Who's talking nonsense now?

Why was saraki not removed?

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Mohisah: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
rayblast:
Fear d North
Na fake tlk... North re happy with the Senate leader for now.. Yari is the aggrieved so are the followers, but Tinubu go calm dem dwn if need be, Buhari go shook mouth

1 Like

Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by shedy03(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
rayblast:
Fear d North
Anything the north wants, the north must get. lol.
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by sucess001(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ofumin:
This is a plan to unsettle this government. I hope you all are seeing the effects of recycled Politicians the Obedient was campaigning about.

I hope you're all enjoying the old wine. Because of ethnicity and religion

Is Obi not recycled?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
senatordave1:

And you're asking why Saraki wasn't removed?

How did Saraki become Senate President? Did he not have the majority on his side by luring Senators from other minorities? So if an impeachment process had been initiated, how do you suppose he'd have been on the losing side with the majority he already had? And were you not even in this same Nigeria when several attempts were made to remove Saraki? How did that pan out?
Re: Big Upset Looms In Senate: 22 APC Senators Set To Decamp To PDP by VULCAN(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
Lollz.

This Tale by Moonlight is for the gullible.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"No Gree For Anybody": Who Gives Nigeria Yearly National Motto? Police React / Pictures Of Dino Melaye Before And After He Entered The Senate Chamber / Sunday Igboho Visits Guru Maharaji (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.