Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast (7020 Views)

This Is Asaba / Why Junaid Mohammed Is Going Mental So Fast / How Dreams Die So Fast In Nigeria - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

This is why if we decide to show our brothers shege from across the Niger,it would seem like we are wicked.. When the British was decimating you guys in onitsha and anambra..Guess who came to your rescue,IGBOS from Delta state..

Fact check.. Igbos from Delta state dealt with Tafawa balewa and ahmadu below. It's on record igbos from Delta state died more than all igbos across the Niger because you all Fled Like cowards while we delta igbos died in our homes for your sake..

It's on record before onitsha started breathing, we have been drilling oil and gas .. We don't need you and we don't benefit Jack from you. All land purchased by you on asaba will be seize and you will go back to develop your own state

Rubbish

Dude, you're yarning complete shit! I can see where you're going....trying to drive a wedge between Igbos' from Anambra and Delta states!

My contribution to this thread was all about stating reasons why i reckon 'insecurity' in Anambra in general and Onitsha in particular wasn't responsible for the real-estate boom Asaba is witnessing, but rather economc and governance factors! At no point did i insult any Anioma person or town/city!

What's your town....if you're from Delta state?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Dude, you're yarning complete shit! I can see where you're going....trying to drive a wedge between Igbos' from Anambra and Delta states!

My contribution to this thread was all about stating reasons why i reckon 'insecurity' in Anambra in general and Onitsha in particular wasn't responsible for the real-estate boom Asaba is witnessing, but rather economc and governance factors! At no point did i insult any Anioma person or town/city!

What's your town....if you're from Delta state?

Don't change what you wrote...im not buying that. Before you whine further..we had Delta state steel company, we had asaba textile mill,we have 3 Chinese industries here, the GP water tank you use in Onitsha is made in asaba..goan confirm in including your plastic chairs and tables..

Call 10 top hotels in asaba that belongs to an Onitsha man.. Guy stop this thing abeg.. You have done nothing here asides you all troop in here to enjoy asaba night life and peace...

Your investment here is zero compared to our brothers in delta South and Central...the Oil barons

You cannot compare your secretariat with ours or una build am.
We made that 2nd Niger bridge possible..Not you(Obasanjo, a Christian, South West flagged off the project in Asaba
GOAN VERIFY

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Maazieze(m): 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Don't change what you wrote...im not buying that. Before tour firsts

your not even delta igbo and you go about pretending you are, as your colleague say, face west

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Maazieze:

your not even delta igbo and you go about pretending you are, as your colleague say, face west

Whatever...don't you ever think you made my capital what it is today.. You dont get royalties from oil company in Onitsha.. Onitsha is not the capital of anambra.. Compare Onitsha to agbor.. not my capital kapish

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by EMMARNUEL: 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
Which Asaba? This one were we de stay Abi another asaba? Mtcheeeew..

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by DrAkpamudehe: 10:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Don't change what you wrote...im not buying that. Before you whine further..we had Delta state steel company, we had asaba textile mill,we have 3 Chinese industries here, the GP water tank you use in Onitsha is made in asaba..goan confirm in including your plastic chairs and tables..

Call 10 top hotels in asaba that belongs to an Onitsha man.. Guy stop this thing abeg.. You have done nothing here asides you all troop in here to enjoy asaba night life and peace...

Your investment here is zero compared to our brothers in delta South and Central...the Oil barons

You cannot compare your secretariat with ours or una build am.
We made that 2nd Niger bridge possible..Not you(Obasanjo, a Christian, South West flagged off the project in Asaba
GOAN VERIFY

Your endemic hatred for other people Will lead to your untimely demise. Bookmark this post.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

Your endemic hatred for other people Will lead to your untimely demise. Bookmark this post.

This is what i told the bigot. As i was about to submit it, that cloudflare thing came up asking me to click on the box so it can silence me from the thread and ban me from the politics section for 24hrs! wink

Yet more rubbish, tangential to the issue at hand!

Like i observed earlier, it's obvious what your mission is on this thread! Why are you Igbo-hating bigots so terrified of Ndigbo from south-east, south-south (where i'm from) and those in Benue all having a commonanlity of purpose and cooperation with one another!? Are you so despicable, shameless and insecure to the extent of trying to sow seeds of discord and suspicion amongst a ethnicity you despise with passion? Is it that you can't sleep well unless you go to bed with the erroneous belief that Alaigbo is confined to the 'one Nigeria' delineated south-east? Why does Ndigbo having unity and a commonality of purpose terrify you so? You're yet to tell us which ethnicity/town you come from?

Can you point out specifically what i wrote earlier that i'm now trying to change?

All the things you claim in your post that Delta has, i'm happy for them and don't begrudge them one bit? What makes you think any Onitsha person, who sees Asaba people as their brother across the river, would be angry with the list of businesses you say are located in Delta or Asaba? If you think south-easterners 'have zero businesses in Asaba' and that holding such a belief helps you sleep well at night, then good for you!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by obayendo1010(m): 11:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

It was always going to be that way being next door to Onitsha
Which kind rubbish talk be this?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by obayendo1010(m): 11:26pm On Jun 25, 2023
First, Asaba is capital of Delta an OIL rich STATE with lot of internal generated revenue,
secondly the last governor was from the North Senatorial district who takes Asaba Anioma capital, unlike previous governors who focus more on central and south senetorial district which are warri and its environs mind you while focusing on Asaba Gov Ifeanyi okowa completely abandon warri, the commercial city of Delta state....pls no IPOB should come here and claim glory.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by nedekid: 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

If that were true, tgen why are other places no benefiting as well? Or Asaba Asaba the only place close to the SE?
From as far back as 20 years ago, before any insecurity in the SE, igbos from across the Niger have being buying up all the available land in asaba. If you know onitsha, you will know land is scarce over there, hence the multi story buildings.
If you also know asaba, there was a huge boom in goodtime among young men years back. They started diving nice cars etc, the boom was from land sale. That was the hottest business.
It has slowed down recently as most of the land has been sold, no more land. Now the boys are getting hungry. They are now blaming and accusing the igbos of wanting to take over asaba. When they were "flenjoying", flexing, clubbing etc with the igbo money from land sales, they did not say so.
Those igbos are the ones now developing the asaba. Puting up structures on the lands they bought.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OVB123: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2023
Oboys12:
Asaba is the headquarters of yahoo yahoo.
It has overtaking Owerri, Abeokuta, Benin, Port Harcourt, Abuja and even Lagos in Yahoo yahoo
It is aboard for fraud
I concur. Asaba is now the hub of yahoo yahoo in naija.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OVB123: 1:16am On Jun 26, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
Which Asaba? This one were we de stay Abi another asaba? Mtcheeeew..
But asaba is developed na? is it?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by EMMARNUEL: 1:31am On Jun 26, 2023
OVB123:
But asaba is developed na? is it?
Develope wetin? Come to asaba fess and see for yourself.. Asaba were everybody de turn spider man when beta rain fall. Mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Abufo: 5:06am On Jun 26, 2023
Christistruth03:

As if Ipob has not Already sent it's men out to kill themselves

IPOB that gave a 17 year old boy in Imo a gun and told him to attack and kill Police

Thank Almighty God that the Police had Mercy on him and Captured him alive

Is Kanu not begging everyone for his own life as we speak

Kanu sef no want die

What you want is for the Nigerian security forces to turn unarmed IPOB members into canon fodder and target practice for those who passionately hate Ndigbo for no other reason aside unmitigated envy! The condition you want ndigbo to be in is the condition hapless middle belt xtians are in today..........they are like ileya rams,waiting to be slaugthered by your partners the fulani hordes! To your surprise the once timid and docile Igbo populace rose up to defend their lands.......You simply cannot fathom Ndigbo standing toe to toe with their opressors...........Bros we are the great Igbo race .......UmuGad !!......! the seed of Eri and Arodi !!! You do not know the people you are dealing with......Go and read the blessings conferred on Gad by his father Jacob!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by gidgiddy: 5:10am On Jun 26, 2023
nedekid:

From as far back as 20 years ago, before any insecurity in the SE, igbos from across the Niger have being buying up all the available land in asaba. If you know onitsha, you will know land is scarce over there, hence the multi story buildings.
If you also know asaba, there was a huge boom in goodtime among young men years back. They started diving nice cars etc, the boom was from land sale. That was the hottest business.
It has slowed down recently as most of the land has been sold, no more land. Now the boys are getting hungry. They are now blaming and accusing the igbos of wanting to take over asaba. When they were "flejoing", flexing, clubbing etc with the igbo money from land sales, they did not say so.
Those igbos are the ones now developing the asaba. Puting up structures on the lands they bought.

I think you forget that Asaba is an Igbo city

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:21am On Jun 26, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

I spit on slaves....

TUeh

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:24am On Jun 26, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

This is what i told the bigot. As i was about to submit it, that cloudflare thing came up asking me to click on the box so it can silence me from the thread and ban me from the politics section for 24hrs! wink

Why can't you talk about ebonyi,Enugu....Always shifting post to China,lagos now DELTA...

We love you but you didn't bring any development or whatsoever here or nothing nothing nothing. JUST SHARAP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:31am On Jun 26, 2023
nedekid:

It has slowed down recently as most of the land has been sold, no more land. Now the boys are getting hungry. They are now blaming and accusing the igbos of wanting to take over asaba. When they were "flejoing", flexing, clubbing etc with the igbo money from land sales, they did not say so.

Hahahahahahahahaha....

Land sales..? Hahahahahahaha.... somebody come and see mental illness.. Go and develop ekwulobia and your capital Awka..

No Igbo man from across the Niger has a stake in asaba..Not one. I REPEAT IT WILL ALL BE SEIZED WITH THIS DIRTY MINDSET OF YOURS.

IGBOS IN DELTA ARENT YORUBAS IN LAGOS ...WE WONT SPARE THE ROD SO WE DONT SPOIL THE CHILD.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by nedekid: 5:53am On Jun 26, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Hahahahahahahahaha....

Land sales..? Hahahahahahaha.... somebody come and see mental illness.. Go and develop ekwulobia and your capital Awka..

No Igbo man from across the Niger has a stake in asaba..Not one. I REPEAT IT WILL ALL BE SEIZED WITH THIS DIRTY MINDSET OF YOURS.

IGBOS IN DELTA ARENT YORUBAS IN LAGOS ...WE WONT SPARE THE ROD SO WE DONT SPOIL THE CHILD.
Oga, stick with what you know.
I am from Asaba. Even my own land 2ice has been sold by land bandits. A 3rd is in litigation.
20 years ago, kindred land meant to be shared to all males. I filled the form for my siblings and I, since we were not based there, twice land was shared, twice we did not get, rather people got them and sold them off to folks from across the Niger.
After jobless poor youths became rich from land speculation, enjoyed the money, now land had finished, hunger is blowing them, they are then putting eyes on land they sold.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by nedekid: 6:11am On Jun 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

It is. I know. That does not change the fact that most of the land has been sold off to core igbos mainly from onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Creamypie(m): 6:13am On Jun 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

no square inch of delta or south south is Igbo.its d east that belongs to Igbo. We deltans cant go east and say igbo and other tribess own it.asaba belongs to Igalas of kogi.pls don't come and claim parts of our state. We made it peaceful and livable so that everybody, whether from the state or not, can live in peace and move about any time they want without fear of kidnap or robbery or someone questioning their freedom of movement, hence not even allowing the name, biafra, to be mentioned at all in d south, hence no one can use the opportunity of ipob existence to kidnap, rob, e.tc.Hence the reason easterners are relocating and enjoying the life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by LocalFARMERS: 6:13am On Jun 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

It was always going to be that way being next door to Onitsha

Which kind LIE be this? How does Onitsha affect the development in Asaba? Onitsha that can not develop itself.
Asaba is the Capital of Oil rich Delta. There is oil money in the Town. Thats why everything is extremely expensive in Asaba.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by AsomughaChuks05: 6:14am On Jun 26, 2023
Asaba owes its growth to Onitsha. Onitsha is full and overflowing. Even Oba community that used to be a village in those days is now an urban city thanks to Onitsha.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by LocalFARMERS: 6:15am On Jun 26, 2023
mrvitalis:

Not only Asaba, owerri, Enugu awka are all expanding at a craz.y rate

Since 2015 igbos have been pouring money down igboland

Is Asaba Igbo land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by LocalFARMERS: 6:17am On Jun 26, 2023
Abufo:

Mandela's ANC used sit at home to peacefully agitate against apartheid.........do you want IPOB to use suicide bombers to agitate? The southeast governors should meet and go tell Tinubu to release nnamdi kanu that has been discharged by the appeal court! Stop supporting the evil work of a parochial Buhari administration!!

Hmmmm
Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by gidgiddy: 6:19am On Jun 26, 2023
nedekid:

It is. I know. That does not change the fact that most of the land has been sold off to core igbos mainly from onitsha.

No such thing as core Igbo, Igbo is Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by gidgiddy: 6:24am On Jun 26, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Which kind LIE be this? How does Onitsha affect the development in Asaba? Onitsha that can not develop itself.
Asaba is the Capital of Oil rich Delta. There is oil money in the Town. Thats why everything is extremely expensive in Asaba.

No doubt that oil money plays a part in development, but it is not what develops a place in its self, otherwise, Bayelsa, Uyo and Calabar would have been Dubai by now. One of the major reasons why Asaba is expanding is because Onitsha is expanding into it. The same thing is happening in satellite towns around Onitsha such as Obosi and Nkpor

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Typing: 6:31am On Jun 26, 2023
nedekid:

Oga, stick with what you know.
I am from Asaba. Even my own land 2ice has been sold by land bandits. A 3rd is in litigation.
20 years ago, kindred land meant to be shared to all males. I filled the form for my siblings and I, since we were not based there, twice land was shared, twice we did not get, rather people got them and sold them off to folks from across the Niger.
After jobless poor youths became rich from land speculation, enjoyed the money, now land had finished, hunger is blowing them, they are then putting eyes on land they sold.

Lie Mohammed no Lie reach you

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Cantonese: 6:34am On Jun 26, 2023
Propsad1:
This Estate is the cheapest you can get in Asaba Town. I don't think there is anywhere inside Asaba Town you can get below 4.5 Million. This is to show how Asaba has developed. I remember that some plots of lands in these areas sold for 600,000 about five years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-STrDmAnIy0

Where is this estate in Asaba?
Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by naijapips04: 6:36am On Jun 26, 2023
Christistruth03:
It is because Ipob and Simon Ekpa have used their useless Monday Lockdowns to Chase industry and Businesses out of the SE

Asaba is far safer for them

Nnamdi KANU oshi not Simon.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by gidgiddy: 6:38am On Jun 26, 2023
Creamypie:
no inch of delta or south south is Igbo.its d east that belongs to Igbo. We deltans cant go east and say igbo and other tribess own it.asaba belongs to Igalas of kogi.pls don't come and claim parts of our state. We made it peaceful and livable so that everybody, whether from the state or not, can live in peace and move about any time they want without fear of kidnap or robbery or someone questioning their freedom of movement, hence not even allowing the name, biafra, to be mentioned at all in d south, hence no one can use the oppprtumity of ipob existence to kidnap, rob, e.tc.Hence the reason easterners are relocating and enjoying the life

Well when you find out tye ethnic group of the people of Asaba, come back and ket us know. But in the meantime, you cannot know more than the 95 year old king of Asaba, Obi Chike Edozien

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by BigCowHornn: 6:48am On Jun 26, 2023
Propsad1:
If you have not been in Asaba for the last 3 Years you may find it difficult navigating the City when you visit. The rate at which Asaba is developing is highly unpredictable. What Could be the reason for this high rate of development rocking Asaba?

Igbos are finally fed up of Lagos.. the vutumizarion by Yorubas and chaos. We talk about it all the time. Plenty successful businessmen are regretting Lagos Many are moving their family and business there to Asaba.

Once that onitsha port opens igbos in Lagos will reduce expecially rich ones

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Owners Of The Ship Arrested By NNPC Revealed. / List Of African Countries By By Literacy Rate / List Of Countries That Are Smaller Than Biafra By Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.