Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast (7019 Views)

This Is Asaba / Why Junaid Mohammed Is Going Mental So Fast / How Dreams Die So Fast In Nigeria - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Creamypie(m): 6:49am On Jun 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

Well when you find out tye ethnic group of the people of Asaba, come back and ket us know. But in the meantime, you cannot know more than the 95 year old king of Asaba, Obi Chike Edozien
u dey pay attention to asaba. Is he a king? He's entitled to his own opinion. Asaba is a union of onochobo, prince fro. from kogi, and Diaba, a woman from njete, Anambra. Your plot to force Deltans to agitate creation of anioma state from delta, so u can claim it as igbo state, will not see d light. Cos u want to extend your expansionist agenda to own a state b4 d Niger, and extend ipob criminalities to surrounding south state. Ika, d biggest tribe in your intended state is from benin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Creamypie(m): 6:53am On Jun 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

Well when you find out tye ethnic group of the people of Asaba, come back and ket us know. But in the meantime, you cannot know more than the 95 year old king of Asaba, Obi Chike Edozien
your 95 year old asagba doesn't know more than prince onochobo from kogi and diaba fr njete, Anambra,who gave birth to nnebisi, becoming the first parents of asaba. More than 300 years ago

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by mrvitalis(m): 7:05am On Jun 26, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Is Asaba Igbo land.
It's Yoruba land

Sometimes google is better

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by gidgiddy: 7:19am On Jun 26, 2023
Creamypie:
u dey pay attention to asaba. Is he a king? He's entitled to his own opinion. Asaba is a union of onochobo, prince fro. from kogi, and Diaba, a woman from njete, Anambra. Your plot to force Deltans to agitate creation of anioma state from delta, so u can claim it as igbo state, will not see d light. Cos u want to extend your expansionist agenda to own a state b4 d Niger, and extend ipob criminalities to surrounding south state. Ika, d biggest tribe in your intended state is from benin

You mean Delta State that was created a little over 30 years ago? That is what you are putting over the indigenous people? You are questioning a 98 year old man who was king of Asaba long before Delta State was created? Do you even know that the place you are calling Asaba was originally known as Ahaba, a clear indication of its Igbo origins?

Asaba people including their king have never denied being Igbo, and never will

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Cantonese: 7:22am On Jun 26, 2023
I think Asaba must be rated among the fastest growing state capitals in Nigeria. Okowa has played his role with the state capital development under Mrakpor. Infrastructures are wonderful and working.

The area from Shoprite and Okpanam city gate is unbelievable. The roads are well made and drainages are properly made to complement. Infact you feel very safe and you feel like you are living in an estate in Asaba. Okowa seriously improved on what he met on ground in Asaba. For those who claim that Okowa did not work, please visit Asaba. My sincere hope is that BEDC will do the necessary job of improving electricity in Delta state.

Development comes when the necessary structures are in place. Asaba used to be like a small area before 1999 with cheap lands, but it has opened it up completely. Prominent is the airport. Deltans and Anambrarians use the airport.

The development of Asaba opened up neighboring areas like Isele Azagba, Isele Uku, Igbuzor, Ogwashi uku and now Oko Amakom, Anala, because also of the second Niger bridge.

Migration from the other side of the bridge did not just start in the recent years. Far from it. Igbos move around and they contribute to growth. Delta north is an Igbo area. Before now Igbos from across the Niger had their presence, trading as usual. They purchased lands when they were much cheaper and built. The expansion of Onitsha spilled into neighbouring areas in Idemmili, Okoti, Odiekpe and the rest of Anambra state. Properties became very expensive and people moved.

The recent development with IPOB sped up the migration across, with people needing secure areas to live and trade. Now the multiplier effect is found not only in Asaba, but in Agbor, Warri, Ughelli, etc.

There are property companies all over Delta state contributing to the development, with cheaper lands and security. There is a rush for the lands and all those areas daily open up.

Hopefully Deltans who have not been to their state in the recent years, or have never, can visit. I assure you that you WILL choose to live there.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Cantonese: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2023
Creamypie:

Young people should ask questions about history and get the right answers. Don’t dabble into things that you absolutely do not have an idea.

Delta state was formed out of the old Bendel state. In creating that state, there was an agitation to IBB for the carving out of three states, namely Delta state, Anioma state and Edo state. Delta state was for those areas now known as Delta south and central. The then armed forces ruling council looked at it and chose to create only two states. The story then was that IBB’s wife, Maryam Babangida who was from Asaba, influenced her husband to make Asaba the capital, rather than Warri, which would have been the capital of Delta state. In one stroke they attached Delta and Anioma, making Asaba the capital. The protests were ignored.

Anioma was proposed to include the whole Delta north, with Onitsha and Ogbaru as part of the state. Onitsha was proposed as the capital, but it was not passed. The agitation is very much alive, with the request to make Anioma the sixth Igbo state.

Anioma state will comprise of the cities and towns that make up Delta north, Onitsha as a whole and Ogbaru. You may go and verify.

Your claim of Ika being Edo state is not known. Some of you live in self denial. Edos do not recognize you and yet can’t find peace. You are not Igbo, yet your names are completely Igbo. You are not Igbo, yet your words are Igbo. Maybe you do not even know that Agbor is also IPOB territory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Rayzoom: 7:38am On Jun 26, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Hahahahahahahahaha....

Land sales..? Hahahahahahaha.... somebody come and see mental illness.. Go and develop ekwulobia and your capital Awka..

No Igbo man from across the Niger has a stake in asaba..Not one. I REPEAT IT WILL ALL BE SEIZED WITH THIS DIRTY MINDSET OF YOURS.

IGBOS IN DELTA ARENT YORUBAS IN LAGOS ...WE WONT SPARE THE ROD SO WE DONT SPOIL THE CHILD.
Stop claiming what you're not because you're not Igbo and you're not from delta, no sane Igbo man will ever talk about seizing Igbo man's property in his domain except you're telling me you're a mentally deranged Igbo man from delta.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OVB123: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
Develope wetin? Come to asaba fess and see for yourself.. Asaba were everybody de turn spider man when beta rain fall. Mtcheeew
But it is develope than many cities in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by EMMARNUEL: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2023
OVB123:
But it is develope than many cities in nigeria?
Bros, are you in asaba?
Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Khyrvxjzy: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2023
Abufo:

Mandela's ANC used sit at home to peacefully agitate against apartheid.........do you want IPOB to use suicide bombers to agitate? The southeast governors should meet and go tell Tinubu to release nnamdi kanu that has been discharged by the appeal court! Stop supporting the evil work of a parochial Buhari administration!!

are you guys cursed or what, which yoruba man will be supporting one of them killing each other, dont be stupid, your education is nothing, you are a failure, the whole of ibo will never say gunmen is bad, u wont call on state government but federal government. if i be president sef i go do referendum if u guys want to leave then leave but if that vote isn't up to 51% which means you guys chose to be Nigeria and i see comments like yours i swear another 3 million of you will die..

i think say na only hausa dey somehow with their religious killing but una bigotry pass hausa, at least hausa is supporting war on boko haram, ibo pampering gunmen ipob

if u want leave naija, carry your 40million on tge street and protest, ur protest is not even up to 1k, state governors should join but no your governor na theif like d rest, bastards, u guys no one leave naija still no one stay naija. fools

only that igbo nigga God1000(dont even know if hes ibo). the guy is reasonable

if something is bad amoung you say it, blame your men for what dey do wron. nobody hate u

killing and violence is your solution like usa will kill Muslim terrorists (usa dosent negotiate with terrorists)

naija won't negotiate with u fools

insult me,fool
Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by spy24(m): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

You are either an Ibo impostor or a bastard .

Don't reply.

You just catch the idiot, he is not ibo

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by OVB123: 8:31am On Jun 26, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
Bros, are you in asaba?
No! But my friends told me that he (okowa) performed very well in Asaba and Agbor.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:20am On Jun 26, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

This is why if we decide to show our brothers shege from across the Niger,it would seem like we are wicked.. When the British was decimating you guys in onitsha and anambra..Guess who came to your rescue,IGBOS from Delta state..

Fact check.. Igbos from Delta state dealt with Tafawa balewa and ahmadu below. It's on record igbos from Delta state died more than all igbos across the Niger because you all Fled Like cowards while we delta igbos died in our homes for your sake..

It's on record before onitsha started breathing, we have been drilling oil and gas .. We don't need you and we don't benefit Jack from you. All land purchased by you on asaba will be seize and you will go back to develop your own state

Rubbish

No true burn Delta will talk this nonsense. Guy hide ur face in shame.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Dude, you're yarning complete shit! I can see where you're going....trying to drive a wedge between Igbos' from Anambra and Delta states!

My contribution to this thread was all about stating reasons why i reckon 'insecurity' in Anambra in general and Onitsha in particular wasn't responsible for the real-estate boom Asaba is witnessing, but rather economc and governance factors! At no point did i insult any Anioma person or town/city!

What's your town....if you're from Delta state?

Don't mind him. Delta, Edo and Anambra have always stayed together in peace. This guy is trying to cause problems and he should be stopped. I am from Delta, Warri. The Delta Igbos and the Igbos are peaceful and it must continue that way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by 07kjb: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2023
nedekid:

From as far back as 20 years ago, before any insecurity in the SE, igbos from across the Niger have being buying up all the available land in asaba. If you know onitsha, you will know land is scarce over there, hence the multi story buildings.
If you also know asaba, there was a huge boom in goodtime among young men years back. They started diving nice cars etc, the boom was from land sale. That was the hottest business.
It has slowed down recently as most of the land has been sold, no more land. Now the boys are getting hungry. They are now blaming and accusing the igbos of wanting to take over asaba. When they were "flenjoying", flexing, clubbing etc with the igbo money from land sales, they did not say so.
Those igbos are the ones now developing the asaba. Puting up structures on the lands they bought.

Who are the ASABA PEOPLE
THEY ARE IGBOS TOO SO STOP YARNING RUBBISH....ASABA ND ONITSHA ARE TWIN CITIES OF IGBO EAST AND IGBO WEST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Dude, you're yarning complete shit! I can see where you're going....trying to drive a wedge between Igbos' from Anambra and Delta states!

My contribution to this thread was all about stating reasons why i reckon 'insecurity' in Anambra in general and Onitsha in particular wasn't responsible for the real-estate boom Asaba is witnessing, but rather economc and governance factors! At no point did i insult any Anioma person or town/city!

What's your town....if you're from Delta state?

THAT GUY IS NOT FROM DELTA OGA. FORGET HIM. NAH ONE YORUBA SHIIT HEAD.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Don't change what you wrote...im not buying that. Before you whine further..we had Delta state steel company, we had asaba textile mill,we have 3 Chinese industries here, the GP water tank you use in Onitsha is made in asaba..goan confirm in including your plastic chairs and tables..

Call 10 top hotels in asaba that belongs to an Onitsha man.. Guy stop this thing abeg.. You have done nothing here asides you all troop in here to enjoy asaba night life and peace...

Your investment here is zero compared to our brothers in delta South and Central...the Oil barons

You cannot compare your secretariat with ours or una build am.
We made that 2nd Niger bridge possible..Not you(Obasanjo, a Christian, South West flagged off the project in Asaba
GOAN VERIFY

SHUT YOUR MOUTH. WHO ARE YOU TO SPEAK FOR DELTANS. WARRI MAN LIKE ME THEY ENJOY THE IGBO DEVELOPMENT YOU THEY TALK FROM OSUN STATE. YOU NOR WELL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Creamypie(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2023
Cantonese:

Young people should ask questions about history and get the right answers. Don’t dabble into things that you absolutely do not have an idea.

Delta state was formed out of the old Bendel state. In creating that state, there was an agitation to IBB for the carving out of three states, namely Delta state, Anioma state and Edo state. Delta state was for those areas now known as Delta south and central. The then armed forces ruling council looked at it and chose to create only two states. The story then was that IBB’s wife, Maryam Babangida who was from Asaba, influenced her husband to make Asaba the capital, rather than Warri, which would have been the capital of Delta state. In one stroke they attached Delta and Anioma, making Asaba the capital. The protests were ignored.

Anioma was proposed to include the whole Delta north, with Onitsha and Ogbaru as part of the state. Onitsha was proposed as the capital, but it was not passed. The agitation is very much alive, with the request to make Anioma the sixth Igbo state.

Anioma state will comprise of the cities and towns that make up Delta north, Onitsha as a whole and Ogbaru. You may go and verify.

Your claim of Ika being Edo state is not known. Some of you live in self denial. Edos do not recognize you and yet can’t find peace. You are not Igbo, yet your names are completely Igbo. You are not Igbo, yet your words are Igbo. Maybe you do not even know that Agbor is also IPOB territory.
cutting off and joining parts of 2 states to make a state? Damn. Not true at all. From your explanation, your goal is to create Biafra b4 d Niger, by creating impression of Igbo statehood b4 the niger, with anioma agenda plot.ika people are from Benin, so are urobohs. Asaba are from Igala, kogi. They are offsprings of prince onochobo of kogi and diaba.don't link asaba with Igbo oh.ikas are largest tribe in delta north, and from benin, so it can't be Igbo state

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:35am On Jun 26, 2023
obayendo1010:
First, Asaba is capital of Delta an OIL rich STATE with lot of internal generated revenue,
secondly the last governor was from the North Senatorial district who takes Asaba Anioma capital, unlike previous governors who focus more on central and south senetorial district which are warri and its environs mind you while focusing on Asaba Gov Ifeanyi okowa completely abandon warri, the commercial city of Delta state....pls no IPOB should come here and claim glory.....

Deltans nor they talk like this. Which kain yeye talk be this. Yoruba people stop trying to bring hatred between Delta and Igbos. We even have strong Igbos from Delta. What's your problem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2023
nedekid:

From as far back as 20 years ago, before any insecurity in the SE, igbos from across the Niger have being buying up all the available land in asaba. If you know onitsha, you will know land is scarce over there, hence the multi story buildings.
If you also know asaba, there was a huge boom in goodtime among young men years back. They started diving nice cars etc, the boom was from land sale. That was the hottest business.
It has slowed down recently as most of the land has been sold, no more land. Now the boys are getting hungry. They are now blaming and accusing the igbos of wanting to take over asaba. When they were "flenjoying", flexing, clubbing etc with the igbo money from land sales, they did not say so.
Those igbos are the ones now developing the asaba. Puting up structures on the lands they bought.

No yeye person will try that Yoruba nonsense in my state. We even have a house in Delta. Delta state is for all of us. I am Deltan and I encourage this development.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:46am On Jun 26, 2023
spy24:

You just catch the idiot, he is not ibo

Go through all his posts the guy has been Deltan staying in Edo. He even cursed one Yoruba boy in Itsekiri who made this stupid argument. Don't think every body is like U that keep hatred in ur heart.
Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 9:50am On Jun 26, 2023
Rayzoom:
Stop claiming what you're not because you're not Igbo and you're not from delta, no sane Igbo man will ever talk about seizing Igbo man's property in his domain except you're telling me you're a mentally deranged Igbo man from delta.

Don't mind them Igbo man they fight fellow Igbo man over regional development. Deltans don't act like that.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2023
Cantonese:
I think Asaba must be rated among the fastest growing state capitals in Nigeria. Okowa has played his role with the state capital development under Mrakpor. Infrastructures are wonderful and working.

The area from Shoprite and Okpanam city gate is unbelievable. The roads are well made and drainages are properly made to complement. Infact you feel very safe and you feel like you are living in an estate in Asaba. Okowa seriously improved on what he met on ground in Asaba. For those who claim that Okowa did not work, please visit Asaba. My sincere hope is that BEDC will do the necessary job of improving electricity in Delta state.

Development comes when the necessary structures are in place. Asaba used to be like a small area before 1999 with cheap lands, but it has opened it up completely. Prominent is the airport. Deltans and Anambrarians use the airport.

The development of Asaba opened up neighboring areas like Isele Azagba, Isele Uku, Igbuzor, Ogwashi uku and now Oko Amakom, Anala, because also of the second Niger bridge.

Migration from the other side of the bridge did not just start in the recent years. Far from it. Igbos move around and they contribute to growth. Delta north is an Igbo area. Before now Igbos from across the Niger had their presence, trading as usual. They purchased lands when they were much cheaper and built. The expansion of Onitsha spilled into neighbouring areas in Idemmili, Okoti, Odiekpe and the rest of Anambra state. Properties became very expensive and people moved.

The recent development with IPOB sped up the migration across, with people needing secure areas to live and trade. Now the multiplier effect is found not only in Asaba, but in Agbor, Warri, Ughelli, etc.

There are property companies all over Delta state contributing to the development, with cheaper lands and security. There is a rush for the lands and all those areas daily open up.

Hopefully Deltans who have not been to their state in the recent years, or have never, can visit. I assure you that you WILL choose to live there.

Beautiful post bro. I am glad we have a house in Asaba.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Owologbo(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2023
Oboys12:
Asaba is the headquarters of yahoo yahoo.
It has overtaking Owerri, Abeokuta, Benin, Port Harcourt, Abuja and even Lagos in Yahoo yahoo
It is aboard for fraud

So the Yahoo boys in Asaba are than those in Lagos State?
This same Lagos where army dey gaurd Yahoo boys?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Owologbo(m): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

This is why if we decide to show our brothers shege from across the Niger,it would seem like we are wicked.. When the British was decimating you guys in onitsha and anambra..Guess who came to your rescue,IGBOS from Delta state..

Fact check.. Igbos from Delta state dealt with Tafawa balewa and ahmadu below. It's on record igbos from Delta state died more than all igbos across the Niger because you all Fled Like cowards while we delta igbos died in our homes for your sake..

It's on record before onitsha started breathing, we have been drilling oil and gas .. We don't need you and we don't benefit Jack from you. All land purchased by you on asaba will be seize and you will go back to develop your own state

Rubbish

Shut your trap and stop saying trash.
Be proud of your ogbomosho and stop impersonating Deltans; we don't have this your gutter attitude in Delta State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2023
Creamypie:
no square inch of delta or south south is Igbo.its d east that belongs to Igbo. We deltans cant go east and say igbo and other tribess own it.asaba belongs to Igalas of kogi.pls don't come and claim parts of our state. We made it peaceful and livable so that everybody, whether from the state or not, can live in peace and move about any time they want without fear of kidnap or robbery or someone questioning their freedom of movement, hence not even allowing the name, biafra, to be mentioned at all in d south, hence no one can use the opportunity of ipob existence to kidnap, rob, e.tc.Hence the reason easterners are relocating and enjoying the life

Yoruba man claiming Deltan. So what do the Itsekiri, Ijaws and Uhrobo call their brothers from Asaba? Go and sit down U are not from Delta.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by blocksy007: 10:20am On Jun 26, 2023
Owologbo:

Shut your trap and stop saying trash.
Be proud of your ogbomosho and stop impersonating Deltans; we don't have this your gutter attitude in Delta State.

I really don't understand why the Yorubas want everybody to hate Igbos? No Delta Igbo will fight Igbos, it's not possible.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Chiefpriestt: 10:33am On Jun 26, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Don't reply.
Seun do the needful
Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Chiefpriestt: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Don't reply.
You're a hate filled wasted sperm

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by Creamypie(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2023
blocksy007:

Yoruba man claiming Deltan. So what do the Itsekiri, Ijaws and Uhrobo call their brothers from Asaba? Go and sit down U are not from Delta.
oboy, am urhobo and i repeat it, no square inch of south south belongs to Igbo.asaba/OKpanam are from kogi, Ika are from Benin.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Asaba Developing So Fast by DevilsEqual(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2023
blocksy007:

THAT GUY IS NOT FROM DELTA OGA. FORGET HIM. NAH ONE YORUBA SHIIT HEAD.

That OloyeOfEgbe isnt Yoruba o

Go through his posts, that guy hates Yoruba pass anything....In fact, His second username OyeOfIkotun, he has a signature that says " Defender of Igbo race"

Just go through his past posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply / Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight / How 21 Years Old Imsu Student Was Shot Dead By Cult Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.