Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC (24261 Views)

Disregard Reports Of fuel, diesel pump price adjustments - NNPC / Disregard Reports Of An Indefinite Strike, It Is Not True - NLC / Nigerians To Pay More As FG Approves Tariff Increase For Power Companies, Disco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by nairalanda1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
a4cube:
If this is the case why is govt telling the masses about the price increase?

It wasn't the government who came out with the announcement.
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by patrickcollins: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Boyooosa:
Ope o!

Nigeria media no go give us BP😁 let's wait till July 1st Sha, Nigerian system get as e dey malfunction like black and white tv🤣
It is true, only that other discos want to do theirs in secrecy, AEDC is now backtracking from the information given out by them
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by a4cube: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, at the end of the day, DISCOS too have to increase prices.

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with complaining about the increase, as it is harsh, but, DISCOS too have to make money to pay suppliers, pay the GENCOS, and pay staff salaries, etc.

Stockpilling means that we delay the rainy day a bit longer..lol.
Why is this disco denying the increment?
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by nairalanda1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
a4cube:
Why is this disco denying the increment?

Who knows?
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Boyooosa(m): 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
patrickcollins:
It is true, only that other discos want to do theirs in secrecy, AEDC is now backtracking from the information given out by them

But did u receive the message personally or u r just banking on the info we all read online?
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by vacanci: 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Scarrr:
Something den don increase already .. I bought 10k worth of unit last night, I was given 97.46....instead of 139.77

You might be servicing outstanding bill on your metre, or maybe on commercial category or go to aedc and make enquiry why you are being charged so much. With 10k i should be getting far more than what you are expected to get.

I bought light today with 5k and i got 90 units. yesterday i bought 1k and i got 18 units

1 Like

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Franky9584(m): 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
U never know 9ja, so long as the rumours is spread, just watch next month's bill skyrocket.
Watch n see!
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Father4all: 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
God punish una. Disregard. Disregard. As if what they said is not true
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by aaking(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
Scarrr:
Something den don increase already .. I bought 10k worth of unit last night, I was given 97.46....instead of 139.77

If there is debt on the said account, that's the way it will be

1 Like

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Obec70(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
Dont get to understand, Electricity tarrif increase false, RMAFC abi RMFAC issue false, which one come be true after how many days?

Information management in the country especially the government is nothing to write home about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by kuse2(m): 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
Scarrr:

Are you serious?

I was lucky to get 1500kw for 120k on Saturday nìyẹn o

1 Like

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by sirray001: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
Pandev:
Sad news for unfortunate souls. They will still cry over this news, they only wish for bad things because their candidate lost an election woefully
don't be happy yet. They will still increase it
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by maticar: 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
Pandev:
Sad news for unfortunate souls. They will still cry over this news, they only wish for bad things because their candidate lost an election woefully
You are still crying for elections you claimed to have won grin 🤡🤡🤡

Unfortunately you no get money to buy extra units
Your suffer never start
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by jomarick(m): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Is true, they don't want people to go and buy a lot of unit ahead.
They want to hit the people hard
buying alot of unit ahead won't change anything. Ones the tariff is increased, the units in your meter will begin using the new tariff plan.
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by jmoore(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
jomarick:
buying alot of unit ahead won't change anything. Ones the tariff is increased, the units in your meter will begin using the new tariff plan.
Wrong!

If you buy IGB at a price of 300 naira today and they increase data price tomorrow to 500 naira for 1GB, it won't affect your old data.

It is not naira that is loaded on prepaid. It is kwh. It can't be changed after you have bought it.

2 Likes

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Menclothing: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
Electricity it’s a private company they can increase their price at will but they shouldn’t this year
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Johncarlo07: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Pandev:

Mumu man! Everything is politics to u.
PHCN sent a text message to me d
to dat effect.; Bt to u, it's obedient Wu created d news nd spread it around by demselves.

Wonda wen u will grow up.
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Demolakay: 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Pandev:

Mumu man! Everything is politics to u.
PHCN sent a text message to me d
to dat effect.; Bt to u, it's obedient Wu created d news nd spread it around by demselves.

Wonda wen u will grow up. U nd d 70 mumus who liked ur post are bunch of simpletons.
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by amp01(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

In other words, you are afraid to answer my question.

What did I reply you with,is it questions?
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by nairalanda1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
amp01:

What did I reply you with,is it questions?

cheesy
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by patrickcollins: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Boyooosa:

But did u receive the message personally or u r just banking on the info we all read online?
in 2021 there was hike in tariff silently done, again December 2022 there was another increment done without any information. Just watch out when there will be reduction in the number of unit when u buy energy
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by amp01(m): 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
airsaylongcome:

All petroleum product pricing are Dollar denominated sha

Is natural gas, petroleum product?
do u buy your cooking gas in dollar?
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Scarrr: 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
aaking:

If there is debt on the said account, that's the way it will be
there's none on it... Will do more findings tho, thanks for the info
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Scarrr: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
vacanci:

You might be servicing outstanding bill on your metre, or maybe on commercial category or go to aedc and make enquiry why you are being charged so much. With 10k i should be getting far more than what you are expected to get.

I bought light today with 5k and i got 90 units. yesterday i bought 1k and i got 18 units
thanks for the info, I will do more findings 🤥
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Batman2412(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
They have increased tariff already. I bought at 66.7 naira per kw 3 days ago as against 56 naira per kw I bought late last month

1 Like

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by airsaylongcome: 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
amp01:

Is natural gas, petroleum product?
do u buy your cooking gas in dollar?

Natural Gas is different from LPG which we call cooking gas. And yes it is priced in dollars. The Nigerian retailers sell it in Naira depending on the rate they purchased it in USD

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by youngrichnigga: 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
LWKMD undecided undecided

Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by oneman2k7: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Some people don't understand Nigeria. Eventually they will increase it and life will continue. This was how CBN and government were denying naira devaluation and eventually implemented the heinous policy. We are in for a long ride, it was a grave mistake electing Apc again.

Let d poor breath.
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by amp01(m): 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Natural Gas is different from LPG which we call cooking gas. And yes it is priced in dollars. The Nigerian retailers sell it in Naira depending on the rate they purchased it in USD

It is price in dollar in Nigeria?
Nigeria retailers buy Nigeria natural gas in dollar?
Tell me more.
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by airsaylongcome: 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
amp01:

It is price in dollar in Nigeria?
Nigeria retailers buy Nigeria natural gas in dollar?
Tell me more.

They buy it at the Naira equivalent of the dollar price
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by davidtemi(m): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Something dey don already increased. 6k na for 10 days I dey use
Re: Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ellasure:

to a discerning mind, you are definitely part of the rumors mill and the rottenness in Nigeria.

if you have 50k balance bank account you would have japaed .
Lol, check my posts, I am far from what you think. Definitely not worthy of being my house cleaner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari and Dolapo Osibanjo Visit Ilorin Government House (Pictures) / VP Osinbajo Leads Nigerian Delegation To World Economic Forum In South Africa / Lagos State Governor Ambode Represents Tinubu At An Event

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.