Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows (17224 Views)

NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Bans Camouflage For Para-Military / Tinubu Inherited A Bankrupt Country - NSA, Nuhu Ribadu / Reno Omokri Returns To Nigeria, Meets NSA, Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by peekspot(m): 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2023

Retired Assistant Inspector General of Police, Nuhu Ribadu, has officially assumed office as Nigeria’s National Security Adviser, taking over from Maj-Gen Babagana Monguno (retd).

At a brief event held in Abuja on Monday, Ribadu expressed his commitment to fulfilling the expectations of Nigerians and ensuring the safety and security of the country.

“We will stabilise this country, we will secure our country, and we will make Nigeria peaceful because we believe the time has come for this country to enjoy peace, restore order, and uphold the rule of law just like any other country in the world,” Ribadu stated upon assuming office.

Recognising that securing the nation is an ongoing process, Ribadu stressed the need to build upon previous efforts while calling for the support of all stakeholders in discharging their responsibilities and highlighted the President’s commitment to securing every part of Nigeria.

“This enormous task of securing our country is that of all Nigerians and all friends of Nigeria,” Ribadu concluded, as reported by the NSA Office.

Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, previously served as the Special Adviser on Security to President Bola Tinubu on June 15, 2023. However, in an unprecedented shake-up within the country’s security architecture, Monguno was retired as NSA, and Ribadu was elevated as his replacement just four days later.

Ribadu, born on November 21, 1960, in Adamawa State, is widely known for his tenure as EFCC boss from 2003 to 2007.

During his tenure, he prosecuted and secured the conviction of Tafa Balogun, the then Inspector-General of Police, who was ordered to return approximately £150 million under a plea bargain arrangement.

Ribadu holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State and a Master of Laws Degree from the same university.

https://punchng.com/ribadu-assumes-office-as-nsa-vows-to-end-insecurity/

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by festacman(m): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
You are a patriot, Nuhu Ribadu. I can only wish you the best.

May your ideas and plans succeed and bear fruits. Flee from the temptation of turning Asari Dokubo's gunmen into some sort of Wagner private army.

I am saying this because I am still struggling to understand how and why Asari Dokubo was allowed to denigrate our national army at Aso Villa with coat of arms behind him.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by taylor89(m): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Divide country una no wan gree

national Insecurity no kuku concern us wey dey PH

Number of cultists in PH alone big pass all Boko Haram Fulanis Herder bandits & ISIS put together

Any of una wey say una moral reach make una near Rivers State

All of una dey crase for that una region

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by taylor89(m): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
festacman:
So help you God.

Nothing concern God for this one

If Tinubu wants insecurity to end it will end within a week

Na them know wetin them dey do

Very useless country

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Ihateheadslamer: 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
Them say action speak louder than words but in Nigeria, words are louder than actions angry

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by malali: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
Dont tell us.

Show us !!!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by osuofia2(m): 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
Carry on Ribadu. You de deliver.
Who else noticed bandit's are on holiday after Buhari left

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by LegendHero(m): 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
For now, I won’t say much.

I’ll only applaud you if we start seeing result.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by loosecanon50(m): 12:27am On Jun 27, 2023
It is easy to say now..

I wish you the best though.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by abobote: 12:33am On Jun 27, 2023
We hope so

Good luck
Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by frankyychiji(f): 1:09am On Jun 27, 2023
When the military boys start giving you your cut, you will mellow.

2 Likes

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Fortruth: 1:13am On Jun 27, 2023
festacman:

May your ideas and plans succeed and bear fruits. Flee from the temptation of turning Asari Dokubo's gunmen into some sort of Wagner private army.

I am saying this because I am still struggling to understand how and why Asari Dokubo was allowed to denigrate our national army at Aso Villa with coat of arms behind him.

What makes him a patriot? You fools never even put together “Nigeria”…. Ask your papa who is “older” than Naija…. Was he a Nigerian or a subject of her then majesty?

Patriot my foot…

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by femisplash: 1:21am On Jun 27, 2023
If you can make it happen, your Presidential bid is almost guaranteed.

7 Likes

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Praxis758: 1:32am On Jun 27, 2023
Initial gragra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by helinues: 4:25am On Jun 27, 2023
Action speaks better than noise

1 Like

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by jersy4: 4:27am On Jun 27, 2023
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 27, 2023
Fortruth:

What makes him a patriot? You fools never even put together “Nigeria”…. Ask your papa who is “older” than Naija…. Was he a Nigerian or a subject of her then majesty?

Patriot my foot…

Why are some of you such bitter, hateful sadists and losers? What did he say for you to call him a fool?

He is factually correct. Ribadu was a great EFCC chairman, the best so far to date, who would then suffer several assassination attempts on his life when corruption "fought back" (the words of Ribadu).

Only patriots are ready to give their lives for the cause of their nation but failure-loving terrorists like you, wanting a government you do not like to fail, will never understand that concept. You're a loser and I bet you have no joy or positivity in your life.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 27, 2023
helinues:
Action speaks better than noise

You guys should stop saying this. It simply seems like social media posts Nigerians and Africans make because they feel they must always comment.

Ribadu has done it before. He is proven and is fully entitled to make a 'mission Statement' same as Messi, who has won the Champions league several times, can say he will do same under a new manager and club.

Muhammed Ali used to brag he'll 'whoop' every opponent and even predict the round he'd dispatch them in and the world applauded because he has done it and was "the greatest".

Till date, all EFCC bosses after Ribadu, starting from Farida Waziri, look like paper Tiger in comparison.

There is nowhere in the world new leaders do not outline their plans or talk optimistically about their plans to succeed.

Fighting talk from Ribadu, in my opinion, is allowed and welcomed. He has earned the right to talk that way and we should be happy he is talking confidently of succeeding.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Nahunger(m): 5:45am On Jun 27, 2023
Agba baller, take it easy egbon, just be productive before they quote you in 3 months time

2 Likes

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Nahunger(m): 5:46am On Jun 27, 2023
festacman:

Rest

3 Likes

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by tunwumi: 5:57am On Jun 27, 2023
Appointing Ribadu stand on three major choices.

1. Ethnicity
You will understand that the major security challenge we have now has to do with herders which dictate a systematic approach not gra-gra.

2. Intelligence.
Nuhu has been in intelligence circle where he has grown and that experience is highly required now plus the fact that he's still a young man which ambitious idea. You will need to hear him personally too understand this.

3. Loyalty.
This is the most important as trust precede perception. You must have people that will defend your course no matter the circumstances.

Mr Ribadu has tick all the boxes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by pharmagba: 6:52am On Jun 27, 2023
Grayoso:

Why are some of you such bitter, hateful sadists and losers? What did he say for you to call him a fool?

He is factually correct. Ribadu was a great EFCC chairman, the best so far to date, who would then suffer several assassination attempts on his life when corruption "fought back" (the words of Ribadu).

Only patriots are ready to give their lives for the cause of their nation but failure-loving terrorists like you, wanting a government you do not like to fail, will never understand that concept. You're a loser and I bet you have no joy or positivity in your life.
We know who they are and sadly, I must add which part of Nigeria they belong. Always hating others

1 Like

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by mayor1814: 7:33am On Jun 27, 2023
Only God kingdom can end insecurity. Even USA cannot end insecurity.

1 Like

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by PrincessofDSS(f): 8:57am On Jun 27, 2023
festacman:

At the bolded, it’s called iknowhim syndrome

2 Likes

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by ruggedtimi(m): 9:06am On Jun 27, 2023
I laugh in chinese

festacman:

how is he a patriot No Nigeria leader is a patriot.

1 Like

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by ManWater: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2023
No be today yansh dey back. cheesy

Some of us have heard this kind of talk several times in that past that we are not moved again, until we see it happen.

2 Likes

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Enemyofpeace: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2023
Talk is ship

Ajepako don't believe him o

1 Like

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by hisexcellency34: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2023
no be today we dey hear that
Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by Lanretoye(m): 9:07am On Jun 27, 2023
Those words of commitment and hope.

1 Like

Re: I Will End Insecurity - New NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Vows by highchief1: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/ribadu-assumes-office-as-nsa-vows-to-end-insecurity/
we will believe u if u won’t be moving with security.mumu talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku To Supreme Court: Reject Technicality, overrule Tinubu on fresh evidence / Peter Obi: El-rufai Should Take A Look In The Mirror – Ex-can Secretary / Zamfara : Buhari Wants To Declare State Of Emergency To Stop Election - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.