Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 (39469 Views)

PDP Is Owing Me ₦30 Million - Deji Adeyanju / Dele Momodu: Doyin Okupe Is Owing Me $20,000 From 2015 Bet On Jonathan / Amosun is owing us 3 yrs Salaries , TASCE Workers Protest Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by LeeSantos(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
But dangote’s net worth is about $10billion. Can’t he just pay the debt? 😂
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by fawaz050(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
Bmaster:
how much is $5 billion Nigeria can't pay off?
Our problem here in nigeria is not finance or wealth,we have more serious problems than that,and its the mismanagement of wealth!!

Abi o. It's not even up to 1/4 of the revenue earned by Saudi Aramco Last year.

I actually went through their financial report and they made $161B Net income in 2022 shocked!

That is after deducting 48% shocked from PBTCO as Income Taxes and Zakat!

1 Like

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hahahaha hahahaha

Very soon Zoogeria will be borrowing loan from

BIAFRA

The same tribes who voted for Buhari

Are the same tribes flying Tinubu as the next best thing

E go favour me and my family tongue lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by generalsteve007: 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124067322:
May all politicians that raped our nation and took her 100 years back with blind looting and stealing never end well in life.
Including their supporters.
So shall it be as long as God lives....

How to move our Darling country forward...

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wageof N65,000 comfortably.......
(3, 4 and 5 To be completed on another thread)

God bless Nigeria
We will get there.......

I SO MUCH LOVE THIS YOUR PRAYERS, AND ALL THEIR SUPPORTERS, YOU INCLUSIVE , AS YOU HAVE PRAYED SO SHALL IT BE INSHA ALLAH
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by abobote: 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
They should kunkuma sell the country to china
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
TOPMAN4LIFE:
Buhari has finished this country
Darling Daddy of .
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

If you supported his presidency it means you supported all his actions as a president, whether you liked the loans or not it doesn't matter because you gave his presidency support..

I keep telling these idiots that the leaders they fight for don't care about them or their futures!

They still won't listen!

What you think you are gaining from these criminals in power to defend them, their children and close friends gain 10 times more without even living in Nigeria.

These people are only concerned about enriching themselves and their generations unborn! All at the expense of Nigeria and Nigerians!

They use divisive tools of ethnicity and religion to keep citizens from fighting them, making them fight among themselves instead!

Nigeria may never recover from this economic bondage, not even if a good man takes over power!
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Brendaniel: 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Their is no perfect leader and it’s impossible to agree with every action a President takes, irrespective of your beliefs and support.

He scored high in some places and scored low in some places. Never a time I said he was 💯

You don't need to say he is 100% but as long as you supported then indirectly you supported the loans he took, it is like someone who votes for a president to come into power and then say he is not part of the people who made him president because only his vote cannot a person a president.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by baralatie(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
The last administration sha
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by deavicky(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
We don suffer for this country!! Even India dey borrow us money. Very soon we go, Sri Lanka go beg for money.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

You don't need to say he is 100% but as long as you supported then indirectly you supported the loans he took, it is like someone who votes for a president to come into power and then say he is not part of the people who made him president because only his vote cannot a person a president.

At some point, you are right. I will take full responsibility.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by EDOSBROWN: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124067322:
May all politicians that raped our nation and took her 100 years back with blind looting and stealing never end well in life.

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

God bless Nigeria
We will get there.......
U that was always supporting Bihari and his policy, I don't believe this is coming from u
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by chiefolododo(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124067322:

God bless Nigeria
We will get there.......
I congratulate you for writing this, good things can come from you !!
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by rowosky(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ruskov:

He is fake , because he did not support your Shenanigans and shamborin of a President? grin
Nah
Not that
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by ukaface(f): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Them don remove subsidy na Abi
Oya, them go settle the debts after increasing the salary of governors
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by airsaylongcome: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
rowosky:
I think Nairaland has gotten broke.
Been getting some intrusive ads recently.
Too bad.

It's really sad seeing the spike in Google ads on the platform. I guess spiraling expenses has forced the hands of the forum's administrators
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by stepaside2: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
The Chinese loans were tied to specific projects mainly rail, airport and the AKK pipeline project. These will generate revenue with time as no profit making entity will invest in those sort of projects except govt. It closed a tiny bit of our infrastructure gap so I am fine with it. What current govt should do is to concession those projects to professional managers with revenue targets to enable us earn as much as we can to repay the loans.

The author was clever to focus on bilateral loans only with the Chinese loan accounting for the biggest chunk in that category. However much more is owed to the multilateral institutions via bonds, promissory notes etc. Our exposure to China is small compared with other African countries so there is no cause for alarm. To put it in perspective as someone said, Dangote Refinery costs almost 4 times the loan owed to China.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by PDPGuy: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
May this 49.85 Trillion Naira debt that Nigeria is owing without any hope of repayment favour me and my family 🤡
🤣🤣
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by airsaylongcome: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

What did you see in the immediate past regime that made you firmly in support of them? What do you see in the current regime that gives you reason to support them?

In 2015, $1 was equal to approx ₦200. Today it's almost ₦800. That's a 400% depreciation. In the same time frame, dollar list 28% of its value.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by lexy2014: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
May this 49.85 Trillion Naira debt that Nigeria is owing without any hope of repayment favour me and my family 🤡

I am glad you have "Renewed hope".

Tinubu has hit (smashed) the ground running
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by alimiadedayo1: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
The Chinese are very smart! They have studied Africans and are buying into our lapses. Those guys are going to recolonize Africans with debt.

A time will come when we will be so hooked to them and will have nowhere to run to.

Free loans with mad terms! China will give you loan, and still execute projects with same loan, with its own Chinese company.

Let’s be truthful, Africans are dumb!
bro it's still far they excuse the project by the Chinese if the money was to be given to the Nigeria government they will not do anything.. I discover why APC were able to do very well in infrastructure is because of this China terms and conditions..If not it will be worse
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Babastrong(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
The*debt*that*only*DANGOTE*and*ADENUGA*can*settle. RIDE/ON/NIGERIA
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What did you see in the immediate past regime that made you firmly in support of them? What do you see in the current regime that gives you reason to support them?

In 2015, $1 was equal to approx ₦200. Today it's almost ₦800. That's a 400% depreciation. In the same time frame, dollar list 28% of its value.

It’s all about interest.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by hollywater: 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
Buhari should be arrested.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by bionixs: 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
taylor89:
OP make people no gather for me and you oo

Which one is Nigeria

You no go call the people wey borrow money name you dey call Nigeria knowing fully well I’m inside Nigeria

You see me for China or India?
E be like say we go gather am beat o
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by obailala(m): 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
The Chinese are very smart! They have studied Africans and are buying into our lapses. Those guys are going to recolonize Africans with debt.

A time will come when we will be so hooked to them and will have nowhere to run to.

Free loans with mad terms! China will give you loan, and still execute projects with same loan, with its own Chinese company.

Let’s be truthful, Africans are dumb!
The Chinese loans are the best loans Nigeria has collected since 1960. Those things you call 'mad terms' may not be suitable on paper for other countries, but given Nigeria's peculiarities, those mad terms are the best things to happen to Nigeria since 1960.

To make my point clearer; Nigeria's total debt is currently $108 billion, and only $4.34 billion (~4%) of that amount is from China. I can easily point out up to 10 verifiable projects completed with the $4.34 billion Chinese loans; but can anyone point out just 2 projects done with the remaining $104 billion?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Brendaniel: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

The truth is if most of you did not support his second term reelection, personally I won't really blame those who supported him in his first term because I also supported his first term bid thinking he had good plans for Nigeria but as at 2016 I already knew it was the opposite, and for you guys to now reelect him in 2019, to me that was the height of it, the damage of Buhari happened more from 2019, just try check the dollar rate from 2019, the debt rate, the economic indices and so, you will see it, even the insecurity heightened a lot more from that 2019.

So for you guys to have seen his failed first term and supported him again when we all know he wasn't coming back for a third term, I kept wondering for years the reason till Tinubu made that statement in Abeokuta, that made me resent Tinubu and all his supporters, If a human being could be called a devil I will call Tinubu a devil.

Me personally I would have had no issues with Tinubu if the right things were done for Nigerians but using the lives of Nigerians as a sacrifice for his ambition was just too much, now he wants to govern the same people and from what I am seeing already he is still doing the wrong things...

1 Like

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by onuman: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

A true leader should know the possible outcome from an alliance he wanted to make.
More than 89% of Nigeria's debt was incurred by the APC formed by Bola Tinubu. He incited and invited Buhari to come out from political retirement to outdo Jonathan gov.
Hold Tinubu responsible for today's indebtedness of Nigeria. APC made Nigeria become the poverty capital of the world, yet Apc steals election to stay ontop of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Kinehap: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
The politicians should pay up because we're the ones that borrowed it.

Just one senetor, Governor or Minister can upset this debts without shaking.

The poor has no hand in this
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Kevineleven(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Only one 9ja politician can clear those dept, those guys are sticking rich.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by airsaylongcome: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

It’s all about interest.

Understood. And honestly a rational decision-making reason. Would you say it's far to support a position that would give beneficial to ones personal interest over the interest of the collective?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Bola Tinubu And El-rufai In Kaduna / N7bn Gone As VP’s New Residence Is Abandoned - TheNation / Is Chris Ngige Blind? See These Photos Of The Minister At Dino's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.