Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,916 members, 7,810,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 (39470 Views)

PDP Is Owing Me ₦30 Million - Deji Adeyanju / Dele Momodu: Doyin Okupe Is Owing Me $20,000 From 2015 Bet On Jonathan / Amosun is owing us 3 yrs Salaries , TASCE Workers Protest Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by DesChyko: 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
This is disheartening.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Understood. And honestly a rational decision-making reason. Would you say it's far to support a position that would give beneficial to ones personal interest over the interest of the collective?

Personal interest ahead of collective interest!

On Earth, we always will have to feed on each other at some point.

The lion will die of starvation if their are no foolish antelopes
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by henzyno: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
May this 49.85 Trillion Naira debt that Nigeria is owing without any hope of repayment favour me and my family 🤡
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by airsaylongcome: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Personal interest ahead of collective interest!

On Earth, we always will have to feed on each other at some point.

The lion will die of starvation if their are no foolish antelopes

Fair enough.

So if the lion feeds on any and all "foolish antelopes" how long do you reckon before there are no more "foolish antelopes" for it or its children to feed on, ultimately resulting in the lion feeding on its children and ultimately getting itself extinct?
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
taylor89:
OP make people no gather for me and you oo

Which one is Nigeria

You no go call the people wey borrow money name you dey call Nigeria knowing fully well I’m inside Nigeria

You see me for China or India?
BUHARI BORROW MONEY NOT NIGERIA,JONA BORROW MONEY NOT NIGERIA,ALL THE MONEY DEY THEIR HANDS,THEIR HOUSES,THEIR BANKS AND THEIR FAMIlY STOP FOOLING YA SEFS ETC. How can someone borrow hundreds of trillion,and he no show you the thing he did with money,?no refinery,no steady power,no good economy,and his living large and abload and una no dey talk make he return the money? If na Kenya his all will be seizedangry
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Khallicopyro: 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
taylor89:

Which one is Nigeria

You no go call the people wey borrow money name you dey call Nigeria knowing fully well I’m inside Nigeria

Abi? It should be "how much Buhari and his ministers are owing other countries"
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by MrBroke(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nigeria no dey owe any country shi shi. Money way Tinibu don go pay yesterday. grin
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
The main money we owe is the one we owe the IMF and the World Bank.

We owe IMF $2.5 billion as of June 6, 2023. You can see it on IMF website.

We owe World Bank $13.45 billion (International Development Association - IDA) and another $487.03 million (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development - IBRD).

IDA and IBRD are the two arms of the World Bank. And the World Bank and the IMF are the two arms of the United States. So we owe the US around $16.5 billion.

When we calculate $16.5 billion against the $5.16 billion we owe China, France, Japan, India, and Germany, you know it's child play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Olichoke: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dangote should use half of his wealth to settle the debts.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Nettybrown(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

We are still going to owe more

Where are those it will favour me and my family?

Electricity tariff on the high

Tertiary institution fee on the high

Price of fuel on the high

114 percent increase in the salary of elected politicians waiting to be approved by tinubu

Guess what POC every year have been introduced right about now....poc is proof of car ownership certificate of 1000 naira every year

We are still paying for vehicle license o

You're still alive nigga? shocked shocked shocked
Glory to gad mehn!
Miss ya fella
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Awesome01(m): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
marlow1962:
Very good, tinubu should borrow more, we are not tired yet.
Now tell me, what is that one thing all the money they borrowed from many foreign lapo agencies, what has it been used for that has affected your life in a POSITIVE way?
It's going to be a very big shame to the self acclaimed giant of Africa gets recolonized again, watch out e go soon happen. Abi you think china especially will tell you, oya take no need paying back.

I just hope we have started looking for Chinese name to attach to the one we already have,
Emmanuel chim yong emeka
Olaniyi wan tok chi Idris
Haha Omo e no go funny o

"AFRICAN CHINA" is a good name na grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
Just hope BAT won't continue the culture of borrowing, from his predecessor, Buhari.We have accumulated so much debt already, and that must be paid back.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Pacyrus(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
May this 49.85 Trillion Naira debt that Nigeria is owing without any hope of repayment favour me and my family 🤡
Nigeria's walking dead
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by InvertedHammer: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
/

....And Nigeria is supposed to be a rich country.

Debt burden of $5 billion and Nigerians are groaning.

We are 10th World country!

/
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Goldenchyke(m): 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
And how many countries are owing Nigeria?

May God give us hope in this hopeless country.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by ELOGBO: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Now where are those calling Buhari a good man in the mixed of corrupt people. Nobody get rich by borrowing.wuna never see something.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Charly68: 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
They should tell us what they used the money to do.. We suffer while some people are laughing daily to the bank... May the good take what our enemies have stolen from them and give the enemies the reward of their wickedness
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Chiefpriestt: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
The Chinese are very smart! They have studied Africans and are buying into our lapses. Those guys are going to recolonize Africans with debt.

A time will come when we will be so hooked to them and will have nowhere to run to.

Free loans with mad terms! China will give you loan, and still execute projects with same loan, with its own Chinese company.

Let’s be truthful, Africans are dumb!
Tinubu and Buhari are to blame
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Kaycee9242(m): 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
rowosky:
I think Nairaland has gotten broke.
Been getting some intrusive ads recently.
Too bad.

Fake Slawormir.

How do you know its fake
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by nick50(m): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
The Chinese are very smart! They have studied Africans and are buying into our lapses. Those guys are going to recolonize Africans with debt.

A time will come when we will be so hooked to them and will have nowhere to run to.

Free loans with mad terms! China will give you loan, and still execute projects with same loan, with its own Chinese company.

please exempt igbos and other ethnic nationalities cthat u guys never allowed them to rule..after igbos liberated u guys from d british yoruba and hausa/fulani went and embraced ur oppressors and dey assisted u guys to fight d igbos allowing the criminals amongst u to loot the country dry..lets enjoy it
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by member13(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Shoodboi:
The main money we owe is the one we owe the IMF and the World Bank.

We owe IMF $2.5 trillion as of June 6, 2023. You can see it on IMF website.

We owe World Bank $13.45 billion (International Development Association - IDA) and another $487.03 million (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development - IBRD).

IDA and IBRD are the two arms of the World Bank. And the World Bank and the IMF are the two arms of the United States. So we owe the US over $2.5 trillion.

When we calculate $2.5 trillion against the $5.16 billion we owe China, France, Japan, India, and Germany, you know it's child play.
Bro, I think you have made a serious mistake. I went to the IMF website and it was 2,454,500,000 dollars that we owe. That is $2.45 billions, not trillions.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Fair enough.

So if the lion feeds on any and all "foolish antelopes" how long do you reckon before there are no more "foolish antelopes" for it or its children to feed on, ultimately resulting in the lion feeding on its children and ultimately getting itself extinct?

It’s a cycle of nature. More lions and antelopes will always exist. It’s a natural balance.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by BigBizzy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Buhariiiiiiiii
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
member13:

Bro, I think you have made a serious mistake. I went to the IMF website and it was 2,454,500,000 dollars that we owe. That is $2.45 billions, not trillions.

Thanks 😇 I was pissed off and in a hurry when I wrote it. I'll edit it right away. Thanks a lot.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Hungerbadoo: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
taylor89:

Which one is Nigeria

One bottle of orobo for you
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by adetayoonas(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Africans are not dumb. It's the politicians in Africa that are greedy to collect those loans. Just see the way Rotimii Amaechi was bragging about the Chinese railway loan when convincing Buhari.

They hardly care about the future of Africa.

It's sympathetic

How many of these Chinese railways are totally in use now

1 Like

Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Popeonah(m): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nigeria dey owe me too. I no see my name for that list. Add me ooo
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Melagros(m): 10:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Brendaniel:
And you supported Buhari to borrow from them ruthlessly all because of Tinubu's ambition, should we call that smartness or the opposite?

Don't mind the motherfvcker
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 28, 2023
airsaylongcome:

It's really sad seeing the spike in Google ads on the platform. I guess spiraling expenses has forced the hands of the forum's administrators

Ads are a bad way to make money

They could've just made some feature on the site premium like being to say foul words without getting banned
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by tayolove12(m): 7:42am On Jun 28, 2023
taylor89:

Which one is Nigeria

God no go shame you, no be me and my family borrow money
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by airsaylongcome: 7:49am On Jun 28, 2023
Failure2019:

Ads are a bad way to make money

They could've just made some feature on the site premium like being to say foul words without getting banned

I don't necessarily agree that ads are bad. They should just be less intrusive.
Re: How Much Nigeria Is Owing Other Countries In 2023 by jaeyking(m): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2023
Tpave:
Nigeria is a chronic debtor. Just like Nigeria is also chronically corrupt grin grin

When you actually make research and discover that Nigeria is not even among top 100 with highest external debt

Then you wouldn't say this rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N7bn Gone As VP’s New Residence Is Abandoned - TheNation / Is Chris Ngige Blind? See These Photos Of The Minister At Dino's Book Launch / 2023: Why Peter Obi Is Gaining Momentum Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.