Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed (29155 Views)

FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations / Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol / FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by jonsn: 11:10am On Jun 28, 2023
Ebubu7:
Bye bye to ASUU, Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN), et cetera receiving funding from FG. Effective 31st December 2026.

Every subsidy is going.

Every Union and council have 2 years to brace up themselves for self funding.

Lecturers, Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Engineers and other professional workers will be paying millions per year to their Council now or their license will be revoked grin

Expect price of their services to also increasegrin

This is full time capitalism cheesy

Tinubu with the reforms

This is a bold move. At least, a cost cutting one.

As much as I see it as a bold move, if not careful, it may turn out to be a 'Penny wise, Pound foolish' move, if the funds realised are not well accounted for, and well protected from going into the pockets of corrupt individuals.

Our major problem is that, in this country, people loot public funds but are not held accountable for their actions.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Ebubu7: 11:14am On Jun 28, 2023
Lovelyn451:
you're not igbo and can never be one...bye
come and unmake me Igbo na anuofia. Don’t go and criticise your brothers and sisters insulting Ebonyi people
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Ebubu7: 11:15am On Jun 28, 2023
eliyke:
bro na jealousy dey worry am,my first time to my village (amasiri)2018,I spent 2years to supervise my uncle projects,Omo dat place no b village again ooo,even abakaliki fine pass awka
honestly
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Ebubu7: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

I'm from Imo, not Anambra. I can't continue arguing with a shameless, unrepentant fool.

You can open another thread and continue on your shameless path, but know that your main enemies know you as an Igboman, not as an Ebonyi man.
This is one important thing brainless people like you don't know.
Even if they know me as an Ebonyi man. as you cajoled me to stop, did you cajole the Anambra man who started it to stop ? Like I said, I don’t have problem with Imo, Abia, Enugu Igbos. They don’t insult Ebonyians. It is Anambra ones. And I’m ready for them every minute for first coming out to insult Ebonyi.

Who ever wants peace should stop insulting Ebonyi first.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by eteebanky1: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2023
I hope this won't affect TETFUND

But, FG will still be responsible for university workers salaries right?
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by RussellRutherfo: 11:21am On Jun 28, 2023
ede1:
One important question Nigerians are not asking is thus . After removing these subsidies can the government give us both short-term and long-term plans on what to do with all these funds realized from the removal so we can monitor the judicious use of it?

Or they are just creating more funds to be embezzled.

grin
Money that these politicians will loot.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by incredible2017: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2023
NwekereNdokl:
Why are you crying. Now I am ready for you. Ebonyi people remains slaves and outcasts in igboland.

Yes, Anambra just like every other Igbo state regard’s ebonyi people as slaves and outcasts.

Ebonyi people are cursed and they are not Igbos.

Ebonyi people are treated worse than awusa in igboland.

It is hard for ebonyi man to have a friend from other Igbo states because igbos doesn’t regard you people as igbos

Una never get biafra, una don dey form seniority and minority Igbos. Una no go kill person with laff grin
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by baralatie(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2023
jonsn:

As much as I see it as a bold move, if not careful, it may turn out to be a 'Penny wise, Pound foolish' move, if the funds realised are not well accounted for, and well protected from going into the pockets of corrupt individuals.

Our major problem is that, in this country, people loot public funds but are not held accountable for their actions.
It is not a bold move.it is an absolute reckless and backward move
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by baralatie(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2023
eteebanky1:
I hope this won't affect TETFUND

But, FG will still be responsible for university workers salaries right?
Tetfund obviously will be scrapped🤔
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by bjdon: 11:32am On Jun 28, 2023
ede1:
One important question Nigerians are not asking is thus . After removing these subsidies can the government give us both short-term and long-term plans on what to do with all these funds realized from the removal so we can monitor the judicious use of it?

What funds? Don't you see how much the government is borrowing? Nigeria is effectively bankrupt, our revenue is not enough to meet our spending. All these measures will only help to reduce the borrowing.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by eteebanky1: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2023
baralatie:

Tetfund obviously will be scrapped🤔

Then, education in Nigeria is doomed except citizens want to pay through the nose to get education in Nigeria.

All our hope is on NPC but seems they're already failing us.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Khyrvxjzy: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2023
MXrep:

No be only Ebonyi state university. Bushman. We are talking ivy league university you are about village university

who will seperate these two brothers fighting
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by SpaceTour: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2023
You are crying in vain. Ebonyi people are third class igbos. You people are cursed

Hahahaha

Ebubu7:

Even if they know me as an Ebonyi man. as you cajoled me to stop, did you cajole the Anambra man who started it to stop ? Like I said, I don’t have problem with Imo, Abia, Enugu Igbos. They don’t insult Ebonyians. It is Anambra ones. And I’m ready for them every minute for first coming out to insult Ebonyi.

Who ever wants peace should stop insulting Ebonyi first.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by baralatie(m): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2023
bjdon:

What funds? Don't you see how much the government is borrowing? Nigeria is effectively bankrupt, our revenue is not enough to meet our spending. All these measures will only help to reduce the borrowing.
It will not reduce anything.it will seriously aggravate the need for more borrowing.
Cutting of oil payments for subsidy is one thing to free up funds for the fg that is practical.
That the fg is pushing for non payments for oil imports but local production payments in naira(that is practical)
That the govt is pushing for investments into Nigeria(practical}
But saying you will remove subsidy on your proffesionals that you will need for your growth making it expensive to even have a professional (it is reckless and backward)

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Reference(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2023
ede1:

If you ask me na who I go ask.
You will have thought that all the sacrifice would unite the country around the demand for sincerity and openness in government, citizen advocacy and a quest for good governance.

No, the average Nigerian is still fighting his fellow, thus giving enough room for the philandering class to make away with the family silver.
Have they cut anything, no. Are they sacrificing anything, no. Their lifestyles right now are there for everyone to see showing their intentions going forward.

I say this again.
Nations we admire today did not get good governance without fighting for it.
If we think voting alone is enough to develop Nigeria then I just laugh.
If they removed our subsidies then we must remove theirs.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by baralatie(m): 11:50am On Jun 28, 2023
eteebanky1:

Then, education in Nigeria is doomed except citizens want to pay through the nose to get education in Nigeria.

All our hope is on NPC but seems they're already failing us.
Well
We can already believe that the current president is not a believer in education or health or youth development.
He already said subsidy is gone and you can imagine it's effects
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Nononsense247: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2023
Okoroawusa:
There is no thread or topic you people will not bring tribal bashing. Even in the same tribe we are having Anambra vs Ebonyi bashing... shame on Nigerians
E shock me ooo... Anambra Ebonyi bashing

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by NewNg1: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2023
Jogs1900:

Thats it..Northerners are not loud. They are conservatives.They pretend as if they are poor so that they can be cornering all the aids coming to the country .Its only in the north that you will see many active NGOs both local and foreign providing welfare and employing northerners.They see govt jobs as empowerment.The welfarism going on in the north, no state in the south can afford it.

Thank you my brother. The road infrastructures and developmental projects in the North is second to none couple with its arable and flat lands. Some southerners need to travel across Nigeria and stop feeding on social media

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Reference(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2023
jonsn:

Because we don't care, because we are not focused on governance. It is just politics and religion and tribe we are experts in. We sit by and think the elite will arrest themselves, try themselves and imprison themselves.

It is the people that are the custodians of institutions not political leaders. We are the watchdogs and are supposed to speak up and speak out when these institutions are abused for whatever reason but the Nigerian is not focused and objective, colouring everything with emotions and sentiment always.

Look Mister, Mr. President will look to consolidate power soon and he will have to negotiate with the very class of people responsible for the state of Nigeria in other to remain in power and possibly extend his stay beyond 2027. This where the problem will start.

I was in discussion with a person who is well versed on what happened in the tail end of the last government concerning gross mismanagement in one of the MDA's. Terrible heists through all manner of schemes. These are the same people that have the biggest chips with which to bargain with any government to remain and continue.

The situation in Nigeria is critical. The country is bleeding badly and some just don''t seem to care.

If you asked the typical Nigerian if he would want a better country in exchange for his states's representative in an over bloated, burdensome, costly cabinet he will readily agree but only if those who are chosen are the best of the best, guaranteed to deliver. But can any President ever chose the best..... no.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
MISSCONGENIALITY:
We already know what will happen to the money. A few people will just store in up in graves and tanks and some animals will have more money to feed on.
However, we will know they are serious when they reduces all the allowances those in government offices get.
From the president to the members house of assembly to the state governors and all their likes.
The excess money those people get is enough to feed the whole of Nigeria and pay our debt.
But they will prefer to be collecting 1k yearly tax from car owner which those big people with 20 cars won't pay.
All they know how to do is to be collecting tax of all kinds of colouration upadan without any form productivity or industrialization in the real sector Economy. After collecting the tax, the eat it with both hands.

See what the dev tax did to Warri, brought it to its knees, it nearly happening in Lag, it is about to happen in the entire Nigeria. See it in checkpoints called extortion point, people not doing anything but feeding fat.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Nononsense247: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ebubu7:
who first insulted Ebonyi state? The Ebonyi man or the Anambra man? The earlier you realize Anambra is the problem of SE the better. They’re also the ones causing problem in Lagos between them and their host. All of SE take the fall for it. Check this thread see where he first insulted Ebonyi, despite his state having enough things to insult with from insecurity to dearth of infrastructure.
Am a Yoruba ooo... I dey feel you cuz me grew up with igbos.... How things come be like this I don't know ooo
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Ameboperoo(m): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
Okoroawusa:
There is no thread or topic you people will not bring tribal bashing. Even in the same tribe we are having Anambra vs Ebonyi bashing... shame on Nigerians
Can you imagine? Even intrastate fight go still surfice

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by baralatie(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

All they know how to do is to be collecting tax of all kinds of colouration upadan without any form productivity or industrialization in the real sector Economy. After collecting the tax, the eat it with both hands.

See what the dev tax did to Warri, brought it to its knees, it nearly happening in Lag, it is about to happen in the entire Nigeria. See it in checkpoints called extortion point, people not doing anything but feeding fat.
You see warri mata is a different discussion entirely!
A place of promise ruined by mismanagement
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Theunbothered: 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Nigerians are now seeing why and how everyone is just being hypocritical. We were each bleeding this welfarist state yet pointing accusing fingers at politicians alone.

When Buhari said he will give youths 5k every month until they get jobs you clapped for him, mumu.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by yankison(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
All this remove remove doesn't really make any sense , it gives room for political office holders to steal money more ...JUST CHANGE THE NIGERIA CONSTITUTION AND RE-ARRANGE THE COUNTRY WITH A NEW CONSTITUTION ....LOBATAN
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Timmi: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
thisisit:
BAT -- Buhari-And-Tinubu.

When these SHAMBOLIC leaders are done with Nigeria.. Tunde Bakare will lead Nigerians to go beg NOI to help reset the economy.

Only in your dreams, so dream on thisisit.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by MadeMan01(m): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
jumper524:
Professional bodies too were subsidised?

My God, I know the govt is corrupt but if they did subsidised this much, them the govt would bleed.
The president should cut off all form of subsidies apart from education and start investing on new ideas.

No wonder elections in professional bodies is do or die
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Jman06(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
PCN should be able to generate enough funds to sustain itself.

If they take their regulatory activities a notch higher by ensuring closure of all open drug markets and instead establishing well-regulated mega drug distribution and wholesale centers across the country, that agency has the potentials of generating more funds than most banks in the country.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by LANRYUS(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
ede1:

The government is not realizing any money, they are simply not spending on those professional bodies from what they will realize. It's a form of cost savings that will be channeled to other expenses. For example, instead of borrowing to fund budget like they use to do when these subsidies are being paid, they may not need to borrow again or at best reduce amount to be borrowed.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Osoboshi: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ebubu7:
they don’t have many professionals, so it won’t affect them.
guy do u know the implication of this statement,haba,Igbos don't have professionals abeg u know wetin be professionals,I weep for ur education,the doctors and other health personels,the engineers, lawyers,accountants littered over the east and all over the places and u are saying this rubbish.
Everything emotion don enter.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

And it's not gonna end anytime soon. By the time Tinubu leaves office, Nigerians would have have forgiven Buhari for calling him failure. They will wish Buhari went for a 3rd tenure
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by rezy15(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ebubu7:
Bye bye to ASUU, Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN), et cetera receiving funding from FG. Effective 31st December 2026.

Every subsidy is going.

Every Union and council have 2 years to brace up themselves for self funding.
And who told you FG funds ASUU? Get your facts straight

Lecturers, Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Engineers and other professional workers will be paying millions per year to their Council now or their license will be revoked grin

Expect price of their services to also increasegrin

This is full time capitalism cheesy

Tinubu with the reforms
And who told you FG funds ASUU? Pls get your facts straight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria / Photos From Atiku Abubakar's 69th Birthday At His Abuja Residence / Mahmoud Halilu, Aisha Buhari’s Brother's Governorship Aspiration In Adamawa...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.