Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed (29168 Views)

FG Excludes 26 Professional Bodies From 2024 Budgetary Allocations / Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol / FG Discontinues Funding Of Professional Bodies, Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by garfield1: 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2023
eteebanky1:
I hope this won't affect TETFUND

But, FG will still be responsible for university workers salaries right?

Why should they? Let university pay ASUU
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by WeirdAlien: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2023
jumper524:
Professional bodies too were subsidised?

My God, I know the govt is corrupt but if they did subsidised this much, them the govt would bleed.
The president should cut off all form of subsidies apart from education and start investing on new ideas.

The little money remaining for the govt to invest with, what did they do with it?
Without proper accountability, all these additional funds available for the govt will still end up being wasted or embezzled.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by MoneyMustBMade(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
jumper524:

My God, I know the govt is corrupt but if they did subsidised this much, them the govt would bleed.
The president should cut off all form of subsidies apart from education and start investing on new ideas.

Be ready for price increase coz is me and you that will pay all this
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2023
WeirdAlien:

The little money remaining for the govt to invest with, what did they do with it?
Without proper accountability, all these additional funds available for the govt will still end up being wasted or embezzled.
Leave them! They don't know how dangerous the magnitude of the greed of our leaders is.

Even if Nigeria generates $10 trillion dollars in revenue on monthly basis, it will not translate into any good thing, there will still be 75% pandemic poverty in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ebubu7:

Education subsidy has been cut off too

Nothing is subsidised any longer by FG aside HEALTH.
Education is still being subsidized. FG pays your Lecturers.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by SamOchuko: 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ebubu7:
Bye bye to ASUU, Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN), et cetera receiving funding from FG. Effective 31st December 2026.

Every subsidy is going.

Every Union and council have 2 years to brace up themselves for self funding.

Lecturers, Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Engineers and other professional workers will be paying millions per year to their Council now or their license will be revoked grin

Expect price of their services to also increasegrin

This is full time capitalism cheesy

Tinubu with the reforms

The government should as well stop sponsoring religious pilgrimages, those who wants to go to Jerusalem or Mecca should do so with their own funds, we can’t keep wasting scarce funds on jamboree.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by CodeTemplar: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
jumper524:

advance nations have and are maintaining theirs for a reason.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by DrinkWater10: 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol. With education subsidy gone, institutes of skill acquisition will boom like never before, especially those that prepare their student for internationally recognized certifications.
Kindly share some of those institutes you referred to.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by ChengHun(m): 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
This will further discourage graduates from practicing what they studied in school. High cost of practicing license charged by the professional bodies and councils is already discouraging graduates from practicing what they studied
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by frank155(m): 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You are right only that in this case you failed to realise that these steps are leading to freeing up funds from welfare beneficiaries in all of us. When you open your mouth to lament why there's low infrastructures, you are part of those who took the funds away as a beneficiary of these numerous subsidies.

Anything to sound stupid.
Do you think Nigeria is the only country that has subsidy?

A lot of you on this thread are confidently spewing nonsense
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by overseasnbeyond: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2023
Governance in Nigeria is wasteful and irrational in spendings, How in a heck associations get subsidy? i will not be surprised if NURTW benefit from this foolishness

Ebubu7:
Bye bye to ASUU, Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN), et cetera receiving funding from FG. Effective 31st December 2026.

Every subsidy is going.

Every Union and council have 2 years to brace up themselves for self funding.

Lecturers, Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses, Engineers and other professional workers will be paying millions per year to their Council now or their license will be revoked grin

Expect price of their services to also increasegrin

This is full time capitalism cheesy

Tinubu with the reforms
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by CodeTemplar: 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
DrinkWater10:

Kindly share some of those institutes you referred to.
Otumokpor institute of aiyelala and sango adherents. undecided
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Lovelyn451(f): 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2023
Ebubu7:
come and unmake me Igbo na anuofia. Don’t go and criticise your brothers and sisters insulting Ebonyi people
anuofia, ekwensu yen yen yen...stop disgracing your lineage....shaming Anambra rather than pray for it because we're going through insecurity challenge is not something a true igbo person would do, Imo went through it, Enugu went through it and no igbo person has shamed the states, igbos even speak against insecurity in far Kaduna and benue talkless of the one happening in our own region,...make sense from your God given brain, what tribe are you?
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Ebubu2: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2023
Lovelyn451:
anuofia, ekwensu yen yen yen...stop disgracing your lineage....shaming Anambra rather than pray for it because we're going through insecurity challenge is not something a true igbo person would do, Imo went through it, Enugu went through it and no igbo person has shamed the states, igbos even speak against insecurity in far Kaduna and benue talkless of the one happening in our own region,...make sense from your God given brain, what tribe are you?

Shatap. Attack Ebonyi and feel the full wrath of my force.

Nobody insults Ebonyi and goes scot free on nairaland.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by SpaceTour: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Murphy nwa abakaleke stop crying

Ebonyi people are awusa

Ebonyi people are illiterates

Ebonyi people are not igbos

Ebubu2:

Shatap. Attack Ebonyi and feel the full wrath of my force.

Nobody insults Ebonyi and goes scot free on nairaland.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by ComeToJesus: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2023
His own idea of good governance is to inflict hardship on every one, sector, facet ..

He's got zero ideas on how to reposition a nation.

All these gra gra go tire you. You wan do everything under one month. Where is the sense in that? Reasonable governance will stagger some of these measures and not in a one fell swoop.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by AfonjaPriest: 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
Good news!
It's a situation where even the blind can say they can see. That's completely antithetical to the professed belief of realists.
Call it foolishness if you like. But fools love to be foolish at any given foolish time when they are given opportunity to be foólish supporters.
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by Iamzik: 11:41am On Jun 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

US citizens also pay more in taxes to their government than we do to fund the system...and at a higher rate than we do.

We use oil revenue, which is not enough for a nation of 220 million, and which is reduced heavily by looting and stealing, to fund our welfare projects. And even if there was no looting and stealing, it still won't be enough. In other words we use oil money for things that should be funded by taxes.

That's why we can't have good things like that

(And by the way, i am not excusing bad governance. Infact a sign of bad governance is that our government knows all this, but does not diversify our economy among other things.And fight corruption, so that we can earn money)

US citizen pay more taxes yeah?

Please what is the minimum wage in US per hour? I hope you answer honestly
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by shinealight(m): 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
MXrep:

Tinubu go just pack the money

Is that how your mind works at your age? Heaven help us in that Naija! undecided
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by baralatie(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
yankison:
All this remove remove doesn't really make any sense , it gives room for political office holders to steal money more ...JUST CHANGE THE NIGERIA CONSTITUTION AND RE-ARRANGE THE COUNTRY WITH A NEW CONSTITUTION ....LOBATAN
All these Biafra people def na wa for una o
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by NwekereNdokl: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
incredible2017:

Una never get biafra, una don dey form seniority and minority Igbos. Una no go kill person with laff grin

But truth be told, igbos don’t see ebonyi people as igbos. With or without Biafra ebonyi people will always remain slaves in igboland
Re: Subsidy On Professional Bodies Removed by jonsn: 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2023
Reference:

Because we don't care, because we are not focused on governance. It is just politics and religion and tribe we are experts in. We sit by and think the elite will arrest themselves, try themselves and imprison themselves.

It is the people that are the custodians of institutions not political leaders. We are the watchdogs and are supposed to speak up and speak out when these institutions are abused for whatever reason but the Nigerian is not focused and objective, colouring everything with emotions and sentiment always.

Look Mister, Mr. President will look to consolidate power soon and he will have to negotiate with the very class of people responsible for the state of Nigeria in other to remain in power and possibly extend his stay beyond 2027. This where the problem will start.

I was in discussion with a person who is well versed on what happened in the tail end of the last government concerning gross mismanagement in one of the MDA's. Terrible heists through all manner of schemes. These are the same people that have the biggest chips with which to bargain with any government to remain and continue.

The situation in Nigeria is critical. The country is bleeding badly and some just don''t seem to care.

If you asked the typical Nigerian if he would want a better country in exchange for his states's representative in an over bloated, burdensome, costly cabinet he will readily agree but only if those who are chosen are the best of the best, guaranteed to deliver. But can any President ever chose the best..... no.

Well, even though you deviated significantly from the crux of the matter, I still agree with you. Remember, that as nothing to do with the cost-saving measure being taken by the President.

If that is where he chooses to start the pruning, it's better than never trying.

On the issue of demand for accountability in governance, I like the way you pointed the finger to yourself and I to wake up. Not the government.

It's our responsibility to demand. I do that whenever I get the chance. Do you?

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abacha's 18th Year Of Death: Full Text Of Abacha’s Coup Speech / Photo : Tinubu And Alaafin Of Oyo In Closed Door Meeting / Mohammed Barkindo & Family Visit Buhari In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.