Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Are Men Really Polygamous? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Men Really Polygamous? (17464 Views)

This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by gaddafe(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Meditation01(m): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
The occult body is a field of attention. A human being is composed of various parts: the physical body; the subtle physical body or the etheric body; the occult body; the psychic body; the mind; the ego; the life force; and of course the jiva or the soul or what they call in Buddhism the anatman, that eternal spark which is the ultimate perceiver or non-doer. The occult body is not a body in the sense that it has a shape. It's shapeless. The occult body is a field of attention. It's an avenue of awareness. It's a wind tunnel that connects the different realities. Now certainly there are what we call “occult bodies.” It is possible to create these occult bodies. They're extensions of your own bodies; we call them allies or helpers. An advanced spiritual aspirant is capable of creating many different bodies and can utilize these bodies to help aid others in their liberation. But the occult body, more than anything, is a field of awareness. You might say it's a way of being. The occult body is power but power that is not directed in an obvious manner. The word “occult” means hidden, that which is unseen. There are various forms of spiritual practice. Naturally in some forms of spiritual practice we see that which is apparent. When someone loves God, is truthful, is kind to others, compassionate, we can see what appears to be the cause and effect. But the occult body is part of the realm of mysticism and it works through the occult fields.
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by blingxx(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
qtguru:

God did, we lack discipline let's not paint it with biology.

Where.. What part of the bible did God state such

1 Like

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by DrDunamis(m): 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kayceenaz:
Whenever news filters in online/offline about a man either alleged or proved to have cheated on his wife, abundant outbursts follow. Often, "Men are polygamous in nature" is argued. It is believed recognizing this reality by the man's wife and other women (single/married) prepares them to accept cheating, ridding the matter of seriousness critics give. I disagree. Men are neither polygamous (nor monogamous) in nature.

First, a man's polygamous tendencies are from nurture, not nature. This habit of justifying marital unfaithfulness, in the Christian context, by citing African culture is misplaced. Here, African men in the remote past chose to be with or marry more than one woman for social and economic reasons. To highlight their affluence to society and have more hands to help in their farming/subsistent agriculture venture. A husband who cheats on his wife makes a choice to succumb to temptation. If polygamy is actually natural to men, then we would have no cases of monogamous men.

Second, every man contains reason and instincts according to neurology and biology. Reason is a human being's edge over lower animals like dogs, goats, sheep, lions and so on, although we share trait of instincts with them. Someone may argue our bodily instincts, a biological feature passed from parents to offspring, push us toward pleasure and preservation of the human specie. This can extend to being with more than one woman, hence men are polygamous. This view is myopic. True, our instincts can suggest such but our reason can say no when we've intentionally developed it to morally serve us that way. Thus, a man chooses to be polygamous when he develops his reason to serve him accordingly. Humans, men are not the at the mercy of their instincts, as promoters of "Men are polygamous in nature" opine. A man can choose to obey or disobey his instincts courtesy of his reason.

Clearly, idea of "Men are polygamous in nature" is used by men who have a women weakness, refuse to take personal responsibility and work on it. They hide under culture and science unintelligently to secure tolerance of their bad behaviour (in Christian view) by women and society.

©Kelechi O. Naze (KON)

You're absolutely right...
It's by nurture and not nature otherwise God would have made more than one wife for Adam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Gohs: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
PDJT:
. . .-So my grandfathers and myself all lack "self-control and self-discipline"? Mtchew!
That is the bitter truth you need to swallow. . .

God put us on Earth to learn Self-control.

The White Throne Judgement of God will depend GREATLY on how well you controlled yourself while on Earth!

Know this — And know peace.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by thunderbabs: 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
Are we supposed to answer that? grin
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Menclothing: 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
1st to 10th generation in the Bible have more than one wife
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by lawani: 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Women too can potentially have many husbands but the only hitch would be that the paternity of her kids would be ambiguous.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by MySolace: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Almost everything is a choice, including having sex at all. That's different from natural inclination. Men are NATURALLY inclined to be more sexually aroused by a new woman than a woman they've been with for a while. It's not same with women
....@ur last line, wots applicable to women?

1 Like

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by advanceDNA: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
pocohantas:

My gender doesn't like wasting time with you either. Take it easy on yourself. No one needs money to fck you.

Yawn!!....Off context as usual......
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by PDJT: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gohs:

That is the bitter truth you need to swallow. . .

God put us on Earth to learn Self-control.

The White Throne Judgement of God will depend GREATLY on how well you controlled yourself while on Earth!

Know this — And know peace.

-Are you into drugs or alcoholic beverages?
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
Lets ask King Solomon.
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Poske95(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Men are not polygamous.
.....their plicks are. !!!!!!!!
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Karlifate: 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Almost everything is a choice, including having sex at all. That's different from natural inclination. Men are NATURALLY inclined to be more sexually aroused by a new woman than a woman they've been with for a while. It's not same with women

Exactly! 💯
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Poske95(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
It should be the other way round .....
Heard a lady said she was strolling and mistakingly slipped on a dick.....?!

1 Like

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
PDJT:
■ Have you ever been a man before? Simple truth you can't accept in peace. So my grandfathers and myself all lack "self-control and self-discipline"? Mtchew!
It is the sad truth that even age cannot wipe away such foolishness from both men and women. Lack of sexual control and self -discipline are all signs of foolishness. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by bimbodotun(m): 6:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
By making reference to the Christian context here are men that are polygamous or men with concubines as recognize in the bible we have Abaham, David, Solomon hence its obvious that from time immemorial men are polygamous in nature...Pls can u give me a woman with concubines that's not referred to as a LovePeddler biblically
Kayceenaz:
Whenever news filters in online/offline about a man either alleged or proved to have cheated on his wife, abundant outbursts follow. Often, "Men are polygamous in nature" is argued. It is believed recognizing this reality by the man's wife and other women (single/married) prepares them to accept cheating, ridding the matter of seriousness critics give. I disagree. Men are neither polygamous (nor monogamous) in nature.

First, a man's polygamous tendencies are from nurture, not nature. This habit of justifying marital unfaithfulness, in the Christian context, by citing African culture is misplaced. Here, African men in the remote past chose to be with or marry more than one woman for social and economic reasons. To highlight their affluence to society and have more hands to help in their farming/subsistent agriculture venture. A husband who cheats on his wife makes a choice to succumb to temptation. If polygamy is actually natural to men, then we would have no cases of monogamous men.

Second, every man contains reason and instincts according to neurology and biology. Reason is a human being's edge over lower animals like dogs, goats, sheep, lions and so on, although we share trait of instincts with them. Someone may argue our bodily instincts, a biological feature passed from parents to offspring, push us toward pleasure and preservation of the human specie. This can extend to being with more than one woman, hence men are polygamous. This view is myopic. True, our instincts can suggest such but our reason can say no when we've intentionally developed it to morally serve us that way. Thus, a man chooses to be polygamous when he develops his reason to serve him accordingly. Humans, men are not the at the mercy of their instincts, as promoters of "Men are polygamous in nature" opine. A man can choose to obey or disobey his instincts courtesy of his reason.

Clearly, idea of "Men are polygamous in nature" is used by men who have a women weakness, refuse to take personal responsibility and work on it. They hide under culture and science unintelligently to secure tolerance of their bad behaviour (in Christian view) by women and society.

©Kelechi O. Naze (KON)
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Karlifate: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2023
DaddyCoool:

You folks can fool yourselves all you want with all sorts of wishful thinking. Here is the TRUTH:
A young woman's dream is an EXCLUSIVE monogamous relationship with ONE man she is attracted to.
While for a young man the very thought of it is SUFFOCATING!! grin
The two sexes are simply wired differently.
(Of course there are the few outliers, but we are talking vast majority!)

👌💯
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Karlifate: 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
AlphaHakimi:
Men are naturally polygamous. Remove religion that tends to bend the natural will of human beings. We all know that women love men who are capable of providing for them. In the same vain, men love to have a variety of women.

Women's weakness is wealth
Men's weakness is multiple sexual partners.

As a man, never subdue your sexual urge. If a broke man does not deserve any woman, when such a man becomes rich, he does not also deserve monogamy.

The greatest power women have is not pussy, it's their ability to manipulate men. Once you refuse to be manipulated by women, they say you are not a REAL MAN.

Be it known today that a real man is a HAPPY MAN. If monogamy makes you sad, please try polygamy. You owe no one explanation of your life choices.

AlphaHakimi on the beat cheesy
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by PDJT: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It is the sad truth that even age cannot wipe away such foolishness from both men and women. Lack of sexual control and self -discipline are all signs of foolishness. undecided

-I know you're quite opinionated, but it's sad you're a tad myopic at the same time. I bet you didn't marry with your god of marriage intact. And I wonder why. 🤔

-Anyway, polygamy is part of my African heritage and cultural identity, and therefore has absolutely nothing to do with the functionality of the prefrontal cortex. Those who need to evolve are those who sleep around or marry with many body counts. wink
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Segzy19: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
Men are polygamous by nature.

Virtually all male animals / mammals created by God are polygamous by nature
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Hamachi(f): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2023
Congratulations 👏
Alvin212:

Your panties is my handkerchief
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by jeromestarks: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
Samantha124:
Sure, women want an exclusive monogamous relationship, but you'll be shocked to find out that most of those women in long distance relationships or marriages also have side dudes and in most cases, their boyfriends or husbands never get to find out about it.

Most men who are in long distance relationships or marriages keep fathering children that are not biologically theirs... grin grin grin

So if men are polygamous in nature, then it also means that women are polyandrous in nature too and you guys should respect that... grin grin grin
I only pity the man who would be f00lish enough to marry you.
He will be living in hell on earth.
May good men never cross your path.
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by DaddyCoool: 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why does your perception of success differ greatly from that indicated in the earlier explanation of what natural selection is in fact about? undecided

And if, according to you, only those with your idea of success genes pursue polygamy in order to proliferate said genes should it equally translate to mean that all those bread by these success gene progenitors ought also to have the same same in them? undecided

You are now beating about the bush after you've clearly lost an argument YOU started!
I made a simple statement that natural selection (survival of the most successful - however you define success in that environment) mandates that men be polygamous!
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by DaddyCoool: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2023
Karlifate:

👌💯

Karlifate:

Exactly! 💯

Thanks bro. Rather obvious though

1 Like

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by DaddyCoool: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
Remmy2011:
You get sense pass most of them

Shikena:
I totally agree with you DaddyCoool grin

Thanks. Rather obvious ain't it
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by luminouz(m): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
Almost all the commenters are female yelling 'monogamy is the way forward bla bla bla ' because they are scared their potential husbands will take another wife

Any discerning dude can just confirm the redpill by reading female comments on NL.

A man without the Redpill is a finished men. Amen

1 Like

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by luminouz(m): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
PDJT:

-I know you're quite opinionated, but it's sad you're a tad myopic at the same time. I bet you didn't marry with your god of marriage intact. And I wonder why. 🤔

-Anyway, polygamy is part of my African heritage and cultural identity, and therefore has absolutely nothing to do with the functionality of the prefrontal cortex. Those who need to evolve are those who sleep around or marry with many body counts. wink

You are arguing with that one?

Everyone here but you knows she is a lûnatic on her antidepressants meds.

The day you wish to waste your time or lose some brain cells, start arguing with her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
PDJT:
■ I know you're quite opinionated, but it's sad you're a tad myopic at the same time. I bet you didn't marry with your god of marriage intact. And I wonder why. 🤔
■ Anyway, polygamy is part of my African heritage and cultural identity, and therefore has absolutely nothing to do with the functionality of the prefrontal cortex. Those who need to evolve are those who sleep around or marry with many body counts. wink
Gosh, I so hate the non sequiturs
1. Wetin be god of marriage intact and what has such idea to do reasonably with this or anything for that matter. undecided

2. I call Bullsheet! You bastardize that term African Heritage by trying to throw in any and all meaningless ideas you hold to into that bucket. During the same time your grandfather proceeded to have for himself a harem, there were equally to be found many who chose not to. To then decide your ancestors the norm and not the exception is an "I call bullsheet" instance. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
The wedding is next year in January, feel free to come and try to stop it..💃💃💃🤣🤣
jeromestarks:

I only pity the man who would be f00lish enough to marry you.
He will be living in hell on earth.
May good men never cross your path.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by jeromestarks: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Samantha124:
The wedding is next year in January, feel free to come and try to stop it..💃💃💃🤣🤣
You shouldn't have said that.
Re: Are Men Really Polygamous? by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
Oyindamolah:
...All of this is natural. Monogamy. Non-monogamy. Serial monogamy. Kin selection. It is all natural for us.
■ Asking “are men naturally polygamous?” is like asking “Do men naturally have brown eyes?” Yes. And men also naturally have blue eyes. And hazel eyes. And green eyes. And gray eyes. And black eyes. There is no one eye color that men naturally have. There is no one reproductive strategy that men naturally use. That’s humanity. We are large. We contain multitudes.
1. I beg to differ! As you rightly mentioned, monogamy, polygyny, etc., are all options but your error is to assume that by simply choosing one over the other, one projects what nature is. This is a very wrong conclusion on your part. Rather what is of nature in all of this is the ability to choose. undecided

2. The ability of humans to choose or not to choose is what is of nature. The choices we each make are not of nature but of personal desire and conviction. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? / How Reliable Is A Washing Machine. / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.