Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit (62876 Views)

CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / How Much Does POS Charge For Withdrawal In Your Area? / CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by SmartyPants(m): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2023
BabaIbo:

So, you expect not to add something to give the masses(their target customers) a sign of relief of getting it cheaper when they read the announcement.
While, in the real sense, the price increase is the main purpose of this announcement.

Just like universities increasing tuition fee to 500k from 100k and sug protested and the reduced it to 300k, meanwhile the target tuition fee cost/price is 300k. But in the real sense the reduction to 300k is just to give the students or their parents a sign of relief and ease pressure/tension that may be built because of that.

There's no relationship between the two.

We are talking about what they announced: which is simply that sellers can go up to but not beyond a certain price. Under that framework its simple.

If A charges at the highest price and B charges lower who will get customers? If A and B both charge the highest, even exceeded the cost of goin to the nearest ATM, who will the customers patronize?
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by yaki84: 6:54am On Jun 29, 2023
I dey do POS, but this their new charges is foolish and outrageous...

It isn't realistic cos there r more shop owners who owns and runs POS biz..
They r exposed to free cash, free cash in the sense that they don't go to bank to withdraw, they make huge volume of sales and they have cash..
They inturn use this cash to run their POS biz..
U can't tell such people what to do with their cash...

Here in Calabar, na these shop owners with POS dey make the biz slow..
They charge 100naira for 10thousand naira withdrawals, making we that r into the biz fulltime to be wicked in the sight of customers..

Lagosians please don't accept such charges o

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Okay
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Chidex50(m): 6:59am On Jun 29, 2023
RESHARPENED:

Nigerians are very eager to make life difficult for each other.
Then what do you say about Tinubu that's increasing everything? You guys loves diverting blames from the main culprits.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Bringbackmandat: 7:00am On Jun 29, 2023
This the full meaning of "RENEWED SURFER"
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Bringbackmandat: 7:02am On Jun 29, 2023
Kukutenla:
LOL
This one will favour me and my family
hahaha.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by AdeniyiA(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2023
RESHARPENED:

Do you blame the led for replicating the standard and practices of their leaders
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by AdeniyiA(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
This the full meaning of "RENEWED SURFER"
Na Renewed Hopelessness & Shege I see
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Bringbackmandat: 7:06am On Jun 29, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
I condemn this, I condemn it, I condemn it, I condemn

I call on all Nigerians to rise up to their voices and condemn this.

The federal govt through the CBN must as a matter of urgency call the PIS operators to other.

We call on the UN, EU, ECOWAS to come to our aid.

This is wickedness in high places and wont stand.

Garba Shehu told us that we will miss Buhari so people thought is a joke.
We are missing not only Buhari but together with Emefiele.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by opeldavid: 7:08am On Jun 29, 2023
Renewed Shege pro max grin grin grin
This is just the beginning!!! Suffering does not have tribal mark grin grin grin
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by seguno2: 7:09am On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
We don't like each other in this country

Nigerians should desist from this act of
schadenfreude and profiteering

RESHARPENED:

Why are you guys joking and barking at the wrong people?

How do you want people to survive in this Emilokan Tinubu economy that is the continuation of Buhari’s APC suffering? How
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by TOMMYS: 7:11am On Jun 29, 2023
YoungLionken:
Well, it's no longer news that the Nigerian government are not the only ones that are criminally minded and insensitive to the plight of others..

Nigerians only complain when it doesn't favour them..

PS: What's wrong with this guy below, why would you be happy that people are suffering, are you a witch, how much do you have that's making you feel you can't go broke or suffer later ?? Majority of Nigerians tried their best during the election, but BAT stole the mandate, are they supposed to die with it??

Cut the youths some slack, please!!!

Some nomad folks love to steal huge sums from the economy in dollars and withhold it. So it can appreciate and they still become richer tomorrow.

If a southerner comes into government improve the economy. A soon as he leaves they come back bastardise the economy. Make the Naira weaker steal more dollars and leave after 8year. They are richer in dollars, store it and wait for another opportunity.

Our Agbado believes in the western style. Capitalism. Which is almost similar to the Fulani style. Mop up the monies from the economy through taxes not letting the poor breath in high charges for goods and services to further impoverish the people.

Jonathan and him team better pass this old men

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Habeyy(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2023
BabaIbo:

They can't strive in competitive markets. So, they set up unions as a easy way out.
Get ur facts bro
The chairman of the union in Ogun state is an Igbo man tongue
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by zinaunreal(m): 7:14am On Jun 29, 2023
Its a reasonable price.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by ikevictor: 7:15am On Jun 29, 2023
Very soon, these fools will be out of business. Make dem enjoy it while the currency madness lasts...

Association ko...
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Hespee93: 7:15am On Jun 29, 2023
I can tell you that some pos agents do charge more than that especially in motor garage.

Imagine charging #500 to withdraw #13000.

And by the what POS has to do with association?
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by emonis88: 7:16am On Jun 29, 2023
Hmm.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by YoungLionken(m): 7:16am On Jun 29, 2023
TOMMYS:

Some nomad folks love to steal huge sums from the economy in dollars and withhold it. So it can appreciate and they still become richer tomorrow.

If a southerner comes into government improve the economy. A soon as he leaves they come back bastardise the economy. Make the Naira weaker steal more dollars and leave after 8year. They are richer in dollars, store it and wait for another opportunity.

Our Agbado believes in the western style. Capitalism. Which is almost similar to the Fulani style. Mop up the monies from the economy through taxes not letting the poor breath in high charges for goods and services to further impoverish the people.

Jonathan and him team better pass this old men

Very true, and we're tired, don't know how to fight them again. BAT is evil for illegally forcing himself into power...
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Newton1045: 7:19am On Jun 29, 2023
This is useless and pure wickedness.

This must have been devised by an igbo man. Very greedy set of people.

Withdrawing 10k at 500.
Rubbish
This must not stand
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Cpossibility(m): 7:20am On Jun 29, 2023
Candidlady:
shocked

The difference ain't that much compared to when we had cash scarcity

There's no justification to that "nonsense", if not greed and selfishness. To a large extent, there is cash flow in the economy now and warrant no reasons for hike in service charge. My only fear is December, 31 deadline as 99.9 percent of notes in circulation now are the old notes. One wonders, where are the new notes Emefiele claimed he printed. Anyways, I believe Tinubu still has old stockpile of the old notes. He may even cancel the new note policy.

1 Like

Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Nuzo1(m): 7:29am On Jun 29, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
I condemn this, I condemn it, I condemn it, I condemn

I call on all Nigerians to rise up to their voices and condemn this.

The federal govt through the CBN must as a matter of urgency call the PIS operators to other.

We call on the UN, EU, ECOWAS to come to our aid.

This is wickedness in high places and wont stand.

Why waste your time to condemn it?

Just use the bank.

Abi did any pos operator use gun to threaten you guys for patronage?

Misplaced attack I must say.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Bigchristo: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
We don't like each other in this country

Nigerians should desist from this act of
schadenfreude and profiteering
You were quick to criticize them for offering services to people and have them in mind by increasing it with a little extra, but y’all kept sealed lips when fuel subsidy was removed fuel prices skyrocketing by 3x school fees increased now VAT increase to 7.5 n tomorrow or next 40% increases in electricity tariffs you nor shout, all those things affects every aspect of life, some fools will still be shouting it will favor me and my family without know the consequences of these actions, ignorance dey finished us well well
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Alabaintprice(m): 7:39am On Jun 29, 2023
Candidlady:
shocked

The difference ain't that much compared to when we had cash scarcity

This had better be sarcasm cos if it is not then you're very unfortunate.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by TheGift: 7:39am On Jun 29, 2023
Islie:

https://leadership.ng/pos-operators-increase-charges-for-withdrawal-deposit/

Henceforth instead of withdrawing 5000 at the rate of N200 , I will withdraw 4900 at the rate of N100.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by BabaIbo: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2023
Habeyy:

Get ur facts bro
The chairman of the union in Ogun state is an Igbo man tongue

Link, evidence, anything at all to show for it or ahdonbelivit. grin wink

Btw, shebi Ogun state is in Igboland?
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by BabaIbo: 7:41am On Jun 29, 2023
Newton1045:
This is useless and pure wickedness.

This must have been devised by an igbo man. Very greedy set of people.

Withdrawing 10k at 500.
Rubbish
This must not stand

Igbo man is your biggest nightmare. cheesy grin
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Menclothing: 7:42am On Jun 29, 2023
Lolz this is not necessary

Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by deavicky(m): 7:43am On Jun 29, 2023
Ok
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by Levels2(f): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2023
Islie:

https://leadership.ng/pos-operators-increase-charges-for-withdrawal-deposit/

Most nigerians are educated illiterate.

Those POS operator's are nigerians, living in Nigeria.

This is their livelihood

They rent's houses

They have children in schools

They enter taxi to sort for fund/cash to use on daily basis.

They have needs and have to survive just like everyone else.
Re: POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit by deavicky(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2023
God1000:
you are right, our people are wicked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Finally Gtbank Bans Use Of Their GT Mastercard On Paypal, Facebook, etc / Ibiza: Obi Cubana Shows The First Club He Built In 2006 (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.