Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? (57067 Views)

Falz – The Amount Of People Trying To Be President This Point Is Ridiculous / Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Response From NERC / At This Point I Feel Like Taking My Own Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Roger3D(m): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Zee0007:

Because that's my state now. πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯ I don't want to feel like I am alone in this brokenness of a thing abi to forget.
You don't have anything to worry about bro cos more than half of Nigerians are presently at a state they can't even afford food talk less of even toothpaste sef. Eventually we will all be fine
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by JaskanFactor: 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
thats when i put salt on my tooth brush
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by BabaIbo: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
TheAdvocate:
This has nothing to do with lack of money. Sometimes, I have an untouched tube of toothpaste but I will still cut the one about to finish. Even with detergent, I pour water inside it and shake it. It's sweet.

Mah niggah, toothpastes are part of my products, I have them in cartons sef but I dey cut my paste open when e no dey come out again.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Whois(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2023
O don't finish paste, I usually keep little left to take with me incase I need to travel smiley
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
Hidewell:
Even motivational speakers can't help you at this point. This state, you are poor and not broke.

Being broke can get you here, Bro.

I've done this while I was completing.my house.

You make sacrifices when you need every penny you've got to achieve something.

At that time, toothpaste can wait.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by BabaIbo: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
ajepako:
Nope

Never

Because I always buy at least 3 when I go shopping for provision and groceries

Haba , when i'm not Daniel Regha, the Ambassador and Advocate of Poverty on Twitter grin grin

Geraot with this your po0r mentality, you are not even up to those that work for many of us wey dey do am talk more of being up to us.

It doesn't have anything to do with brokeness.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Juanmike(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
I am a rich kid, don't do shit like this.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by BANUSO79: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
Zee0007:
As the headline captions. Have you?

Na this morning I cut my own, sapa dey naija
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by OLOKOESHIN: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
olisefom:
Normal.
The poverty induced. Yes!

Time induced too. Sometimes, it's not that you don't have money sef...maybe you just constantly forget to restock.
Most people constantly forget to restock or person will now be looking for toothpaste to brush early morning you need to go work or class. Most people talking about poverty might not be as rich as the person that used to use it like that once In a while
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Angelfrost(m): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
The last time I experienced that was at University...! Still no reach the point in that picture of using knife to open toothpaste! Haba! grin
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Watinhapen(m): 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
I still do this even though I have money to buy hundreds of dozens of it. Sometimes it is fun and sometimes I might forget to buy. For people like us, it’s not about being poor.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Fryx: 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
Zee0007:

My Grandma still dey use chewing stick ontop the Maclean and brush. What stops me from getting one if I am this poor.

I always cut my coat according to my clothe. That time wey I still dey find a ground to stand on, you go think say I be mad man.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by wolebest: 2:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
Zee0007:

Atimes it happens when I forget to get a new toothpaste.

It doesn't mean you don't have money to buy.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by achimendy(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
Zee0007:

Countless times bro.......
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Yes ooo just day before yesterday
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Way4orward: 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
Is not a sign of poverty or no money is just that you forget to buy πŸ€”
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Exceed15: 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
See eh this is actually our culture here not necessarily that you are poor. Let's maximize our money o.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Neoteny7: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
You'd to afford the tube first before you get there.

Lucky you.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by toffyz(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
Infact I still do ham yesterday night
With Funbact A tube cream.
Even If I get millions for account I go still do ham shaaani
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Tadeus(m): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Puss360:

Yes . Lol... What r u insinuating?? Say na MacLean of NGN500 I no fit buy?? ,🀣🀣

Na real MacLean 🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Popeonah(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2023
I have passed that point, that was three years ago. Now I imagine about toothpaste and brush
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by TheGift: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Zee0007:
It's been a very long time. Thanks to my Wife's strategic bulk shopping, we never run out.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Mrklemo(m): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Normal thing b4 na... Matter of fact, e get days wey i dey buy that N50 sachet own.
Thank God for life.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by anonymuz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
talented321:
I mean no harm.
Just that the picture i see there is not funny again.
Sha he dey happen sometimes.
I make use of colgate
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Styluss: 3:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
Several times, I have gone through this, I am still going through it presently. Actually not about the money, but I came from the trenches and it hasnt left me yet. I still remember my humble beginnings
Zee0007:
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by nonny1212: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Every one gets to that point. Just don't remain there
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by femi1610: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
In fact I did it today, the funniest part of it is we just bought new maclean paste yesterday, but from the two old abandoned pastes we have, I cut 1 of it and wipe it with my brush to wash my teeth, I will cut the remaining one tomorrow to brush my teeth, before start using the new paste. Though my wife don't support that, she had already started using the new paste . I don't like wasting things, because I work for it, this is not sapa or being Ijebu-natured' . Even if I am billionaire, I might still be doing it.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Mcwin: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
If not, your mouth go just dey smell like Ogiri- Parkia biglobosa.
Puss360:
Lol.... It happens... Not because there's no money to buy a new one, just that many things on someone's mind might make you forget to get a new one...
And you must brush... So one has to resort to doing this method or go out without brushing πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by pocohantas(f): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
ugofulfilled:

While you may be right, with proper planning you will overcome getting to this point. Personally, I buy up to six at a time. By the time it will get to 2 packets remaining, I restock.

I hope you check your Best Before dates.
I buy like this too and one time spaghetti almost got to it BB date. Not a problem at all, but I didn't want the date to elapse without eating it. So, I gave them out.
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by zynzyn(m): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
Well, we no reach this level but N E A R L Y!! grin

Praise be to God for his mercy, grace and provision! cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by faceLAGOS: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
If you no do am like that, the company don rip you be that.

grin

Re: Have You Ever Gotten To This Point? by Amonijosh1: 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
is that all?...mchew..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Preacher Beaten To Coma In Lagos After Condoms Fall From Bible / Truck With Hero Beer Falls In Gboko, Benue State (Photos) / Snake Swallowed A Goat In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.