Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents (31614 Views)

Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / INEC Uploaded Jigawa Results On IREV Portal As Imo Results – PDP / Festus Okoye: Why APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Enice(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
9jatriot:
The question is, from the result uploaded has there been any agent that said that the result he signed is different from the one that has been uploaded?
True talk. People are talking as if IREV means anything in the scheme of things. It means nothing. This is because IREV is a secondary source of information. Once the polling agent compromise, then whatever you have on IREV is what the polling agent agreed to because it is the form EC8A that is uploaded to IREV. Therefore, IREV does not do shit! It is just for the public consumption.

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Angelfrost(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
CSTRR:

It's not that deep.

The idiot is just a hustler. Inec pays his salary and he is doing what he boss asked him to do.

He does not give a fuckkk about any ethnic concerns or good governance for that matter.
Just a salary earner trying to defend his incompetent organization.

You are probably right sir. Such a shame!
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by telleyway: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.
There are over 100,000 polling units.

APC and PDP had party agents in all, as party agents are expected to stay at the polling units, count votes there and sign the form before the form is either uploaded it the hard copy taken to the collation Centre.

You're unable to get 100,000 plus agents to assist and you want to claim fraud or rely on IREV.

So what happen in those units that you had no agent? How can you prove fraud?

Tell this Obi guy to stop wasting his time and πŸ€‘

Do you know how much it cost to develop and maintain a website like irev? For billions to be used on this project and you are here spewing rubbish?
Haven't you seen that after results were signed by party agents, they were changed and reallocated before taking to collation centers?

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Jayhome24: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ofunaofu:
This is the worst INEC in history

Say who

Go form your own INEC in ipob Republic with Ekpa your Prime Minister.

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Deepthoughts: 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
onuman:

Even after INEC's excuse of computer glitch, the presidential candidates, except Tinubu, asked INEC to wait for the glitch to be rectified; though the candidates knew it was a man-made glitch. But INEC quickly declared Bola Tinubu winner.
What an affront to a country by few men in INEC who wanted to appoint a president from a political party which appointed them to office?
don't mind them,they think everyone is a fool, it's left to the court to redeem themselves and the country.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by bolivnnaija: 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
Novarisammy2:
cock and bull story

What is it about the government and its agents and employees that they can lie to us with impunity, but we risk being sent to jail if we lie to them?
There is absolutely no excuse for not uploading result. If you can use the same machine for accreditation, and to upload the other elections result, why can't you upload the presidential? The failure was a human failure not machine and it has to be based on directive. Same machine, same day! What excuse can you give?
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Alary: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
ClassicMan202:
When INEC boss was busy singing in interviews that results will be uploaded real time.... Una no know abi??

INEC has no excuse whatsoever

Hear yourself... So we should leave INEC and rely on on party agents??

When I told you I will transfer money to you by so so Time , but there were glitches on the network and I decided to send it by courier , is that not fair enough.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Osilama1: 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2023
AutoChick4U:
So what was the need for irev in the first place if una plan to rely on agents? Corrupt party
irev is for public viewing... Hard copy is what INEC announced which party agents signed... Collation of results is manual from polling units to ward to Loca govt to state to Abuja... Anything else is playing to the gallery

3 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Newton2024: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

APC and PDP had party agents in all, as party agents are expected to stay at the polling units, count votes there and sign the form before the form is either uploaded it the hard copy taken to the collation Centre.

You're unable to get 100,000 plus agents to assist and you want to claim fraud or rely on IREV.

2023 Presidential Election: What Was The Need For iRev In The First Place?

INEC made us to understand that iRev is not necessary because there are party agents who are assigned the same role that iRev is to play. My question is, if the usefulness of iRev is insignificant, why did INEC used it to raise our hope on the credibility of the poll? Why spend so much tax payer's money on publicity, purchase of machines and website that is not needed? I don't really understand why did the portal worked for all other election excepting presidential election.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by funshint(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
wayodude:
If the Irev failure is so irrelevant in the process why bother having it in the first place particularly at such a high cost to the tax payer?

Why was communication about the glitch not made promptly by INEC if there really was one and considering what was at stake?

Why have no details about the so called glitch been provided?

Why did the glitch not affect the other elections process going on in parallel and relying fully on the same back end via AWS?

This small man thinks he is clever. By these comments it is clear he doesn't rate the Nigerian public at all. He thinks you are all fools.
Understand this simple thing; IREV is not meant for parties to collate their results. Each party collates their results independently from copies of their party agent results. The only evidence LP can tender is the copy of the results submitted by their agents in each polling unit. Anything short of that is a nullity. LP wasn't adequately prepared for this election; straight and simple!

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by ppogba: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Thank God the name is Festus Okoye
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Crafteck1: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
davodyguy:

Hard copies is what was collated by Mahmoud. They should contest that and not fighting the fact that they're not uploaded

We spent billions to get realtime votes... Inec is not inecing at all
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Geopex(m): 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
if u like cry from now till eternity, the deed is done, no court will nullify the election, no court can sack the president and announce another winner. we know the normal way of doing elections in Nigeria. even during ekiti election, inec promised to upload results, days after election, many polling units are not on irev not to talk of general election. real results from each polling units signed by party agents is the real Idan and that is what court relied on. let assume results were uploaded and it was successful, what if there were frauds at polling units level to change figures or at ward collation centre and some party did not have agents. how will such party even detect the fraud? what if after changing the figures b4 uploading to server? what will such party like lp do, a party with no party agents? remember, it was signed after mutilating some papers and even in bank, when u cancel something, they will asked u to sign. after that it becomes authentic. pls how many polling units of such can lp claim in court. lp were was not serious. I already knew they will fail for not having party agents and relying on irev to collate results.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by ppogba: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ofunaofu:
This is the worst INEC in history

Ask your uncles who Maurice Iwu is.

Then come back and apologize to this INEC.

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Gbogbowa: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

Only few people stay in a polling unit but everyone can see what happened in all PU that day if they upload the results,for instance no body is contestng senate and house assembly results because it was updated and everyone can see the winner.the evil you are supporting will hurt you one day.remember the man that was stone to death in sokoto possibly supported the killing of Deborah but today what happen

2 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Geopex(m): 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
funshint:

Understand this simple thing; IREV is not meant for parties to collate their results. Each party collates their results independently from copies of their party agent results. The only evidence LP can tender is the copy of the results submitted by their agents in each polling unit. Anything short of that is a nullity. LP wasn't adequately prepared for this election; straight and simple!

irev can b used to collate if all went well but most of the results are not going to b on d portal days after election, but in case of fraud, it is necessary to have party agents bcuz if they cheat your party at polling unit level and upload d d results when u have no agents there, then u cant proof it in court. I observe election in a ward , both pdp and apc decided to work for a party . all votes were counted for that party and recorded just little number for d remaining party. if such results is uploaded, no way a party without agent will detect such fraud
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by sukar886: 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
You are a disgrace , places where election was disrupted and you guys went ahead , and declare tinubu the winner .... God will judge all of u
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Patriottt: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
After reading what you posted i could even feel the hate you have for him, but why if i may ask??
Jayhome24:

4 years what

Obi will never rule Nigeria, obi will die chasing tribunal it is a promise.

In 4 years time we will vote enmass for Tinubu, SW eyes has opened, the North eyes has opened I swear to Jah if obi comes back in 2027 he will not get 200k votes in SW, same Lagos governorship election treatment will be given to him in entire SW. North is no go zone for him and SS with Akpabiio, Wike etc obi is dead.

We seriously mean business in making sure we frustrate obi and teach him bitter lesson of his life, Aso Rock he will never enter. I can bet with anyone.

I hate obi with everything inside me.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Wutinky: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

Agbado I know you will defend this gibberish from Okoye because there's no way the pooling agents will get even 50% of that hard copy due to violent and they can be bought ..... best option is to upload the hard hard on IREV if we truly want to practice democracy , One prayer for you .... may your life, your family and generation to come life be like Nigeria.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Geopex(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
If they want to cheat your party , all they need is to allocate figures to dea party where u have no agent by minding the accredited number of voters. once that's uploaded, then forget it, u can't proof it in court. if lp is so popular and mean business, they should have present agent across the country. I wonder how lp discovered that they won , bcuz I was wondering where they got their own results. or they also used inec results from those area they did not have agent?
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Guyman01: 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
We paid for IREV and now you are telling us to rely on agents, we could as well have paid the N300B to agents to conduct the elections and they would have been richer today
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by wayodude(m): 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
funshint:

Let me help you see what should be obvious but somehow you're not seeing.

Irev was intended to capture the results AT THE POLLING STATION!!

The reason for this is so that the hard copies handled by party agents, INEC etc can be verifiable by anyone wherever and whenever required. With this functionality no one will have any reason not to trust the results.

THAT was meant to be the game changer because it theoretically stopped unscrupulous party and INEC agents from changing result on their hardcopies without such changes going undetected.

Nobody is saying Irev was meant to be collation tool. It was meant to be the verification and assurance tool to help the masses trust the system. The fact it was discarded in the manner it was and the clever by half reasons being given is why this petition cannot end positively for INEC if fairness is to reign

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Geopex(m): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
Wutinky:

Agbado I know you will defend this gibberish from Okoye because there's no way the pooling agents will get even 50% of that hard copy due to violent and they can be bought ..... best option is to upload the hard hard on IREV if we truly want to practice democracy , One prayer for you .... may your life, your family and generation to come life be like Nigeria.

did u say 50%, if u mean that, it shows the party is not serious and not well accepted. lp was not well represented in ekiti. let's assume in my polling unit, nobody represent lp and they got 2 votes after counting. my close frd was pdp agent , and I am apc agent, so when writing the results, what if me and my frd decided to cheat and share lp votes to our own results and perfect the results in such a way that it doesn't exceeded the accredited number. or inec officials change the number at ward level to suppress lp votes. b4 uploading to server
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by funshint(m): 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
Geopex:

irev can b used to collate if all went well but most of the results are not going to b on d portal days after election, but in case of fraud, it is necessary to have party agents bcuz if they cheat your party at polling unit level and upload d d results when u have no agents there, then u cant proof it in court. I observe election in a ward , both pdp and apc decided to work for a party . all votes were counted for that party and recorded just little number for d remaining party. if such results is uploaded, no way a party without agent will detect such fraud
We're still saying thesame thing. Party agent hardcopy result is as important as the IREV.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Geopex(m): 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
wayodude:

Let me help you see what should be obvious but somehow you're not seeing.

Irev was intended to capture the results AT THE POLLING STATION!!

The reason for this is so that the hard copies handled by party agents, INEC etc can be verifiable by anyone wherever and whenever required. With this functionality no one will have any reason not to trust the results.

THAT was meant to be the game changer because it theoretically stopped unscrupulous party and INEC agents from changing result on their hardcopies without such changes going undetected.

Nobody is saying Irev was meant to be collation tool. It was meant to be the verification and assurance tool to help the masses trust the system. The fact it was discarded in the manner it was and the clever by half reasons being given is why this petition cannot end positively for INEC if fairness is to reign

thats how it should be, in a saner country. but for court cases, lp must rely on whatever inec give them in numerous polling units either inec suppress dea votes or not, infact inec can suppress d vote b4 uploading and lp will rely on server and d hard copy of suppress figure since they did not have agents

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by shinealight(m): 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Novarisammy2:
The most exhausting thing in life, I have discovered, is being insincere.

What part of the country is Festus Okoye from? I wonder if he’s a Yorubaman? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Kingxb: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Is obvious u did not see the cooler of enviden e obi brot that contain EC8b result from pulling unit as evidence for Niger ,rivers ,kaduna,plateau ,lagos and others
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by siaco(m): 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

Let us assume that party agents have the polling unit results, will it be taken as authentic results in the court. If you believe that agents result sheets are correct, then you have to believe PDP when they said that Obi got over 900k vote in Lagos and Tinubu got less than 200k in Lagos.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by wayodude(m): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Geopex:

thats how it should be, in a saner country. but for court cases, lp must rely on whatever inec give them in numerous polling units either inec suppress dea votes or not, infact inec can suppress d vote b4 uploading and lp will rely on server and d hard copy of suppress figure since they did not have agents

By not uploading the results at the polling unit, the transparency of the system is lost.

Once the result sheet leaves the polling unit without being uploaded on Irev then frankly there is no point in uploading it anymore. The essence of the system would have already been lost.

It's like saying oga make sure say you wear condom before you enter that woman I, or you fit carry something. Then oga chook preek finish then after after come were condom πŸ€”
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by siaco(m): 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
wayodude:
If the Irev failure is so irrelevant in the process why bother having it in the first place particularly at such a high cost to the tax payer?

Why was communication about the glitch not made promptly by INEC if there really was one and considering what was at stake?

Why have no details about the so called glitch been provided?

Why did the glitch not affect the other elections process going on in parallel and relying fully on the same back end via AWS?

This small man thinks he is clever. By these comments it is clear he doesn't rate the Nigerian public at all. He thinks you are all fools.

Even during the collation, Dino Melay was calling the inec chairman's attention to the discrepancies in what he has and what their agents have but he only told him to go to court.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by onuman: 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tonnierichy:

Go and sit down. If there will be any protest, it'll be in the South East where there was widespread voters' suppression and intimidation from the locals. We reasonable Nigerians voted Tinubu and he has won in a win for common sense. Move on

Atiku Abubakar, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso belonged to APC until not long ago.
Even a kid with good senses will tell you that Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso would share the votes of their political constituency; and that left Peter Obi to win, even with a wide margin of votes.

Or what do you think made INEC disable the password for upload of only presidential election results, if not that INEC earlier saw Obi leading with a very wide margin of votes?

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by CaptainFM1: 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tripitaka:
Tell ome lie and you'll need a plethora of lies to back it up.

Unfortunately, we live in a country where people support illegality as long as it remotely benefits their sentiments and disposition.

Unfortunately too, the Judiciary has also been known to support illegality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Where Is Rotimi Amaechi? / Man Tries To Hang Himself In Abuja In Support Of Presidential Aspirant. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.