Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari (1823 Views)

Ikoli Harcourt Whyte – Links Between Kalabari And Igbo 5 / Links Between Kalabari And Igbo 4 - Brief History Of Kalabari / Asari Dokubo Chides Wike Over Insult On Amanyanabo Of Kalabari Kingdom (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

Then that person is lying Morgan, Ndubisi and some part close to transamdi in port Harcourt speak Igbo

That's good information.

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

Of course there are those! But majority of others know their history!
Even the paramount king in Ijaw has an Igbo title!
And Igbo is also the common language in Opobo kingdom!
The mix is well documented and I have read some of them myself.

Opobo is an Igbo kingdom truly

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2023
There are Igbos whose parents were slaves in Okrika

Okrika was founded by the Ijaws and they were involve in buying and selling Igbo slaves.

There are tiny Igbo population in Okrika, they are descendants of Igbo slaves. Kalabari is 100% Ijaw Land though we have descendants of Igbo slaves living in Kalabari Land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:53am On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Opobo is an Igbo kingdom truly
Yes it is!

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 11:56am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:

Okrika was founded by the Ijaws and they were involve in buying and selling Igbo slaves.

There are tiny Igbo population in Okrika, they are descendants of Igbo slaves. Kalabari is 100% Ijaw Land though we have descendants of Igbo slaves living in Kalabari Land.

Okrika was not founded by Ijaws and the Igbos are aborigines.

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Okrika was not founded by Ijaws and the Igbos are aborigines.
Yes, on Nairaland grin

Ijaws from Kalabaris were involve in the buying and selling of Igbo slaves

Not only Ijaws from Kalabaris buy and sell Igbo Slaves though. Some of the descendants of Igbo slaves still live in Kalabari

Kalabari can only be claimed by ignorant Igbos like you on top Social Media

Reality is that, Igbo can never take an inch of Ijaw Land.

I have no issue with the Igbos, but fact is fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:

Lol!
Is that so? Wow!
You are really a student of history to have been the sole constodian of this until now unknown secret piece of information in history!
Pls tell us more, including where from when and how ijaws arrived.
Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

Lol!
Is that so? Wow!
You are really a student of history to have been the sole constodian of this until now unknown secret in history!
Pls tell us more, including where from when and how ijaws arrived.
Thank you in advance!
I have no reply to a foolish question abeg, I mean no offense please, but, your questions no make sense grin
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I have no reply to a foolish question abeg, I mean no offense please, but, your questions no make sense grin

Why the insult my good friend?
Is it too much to want to learn from you?
Do you know how much this information you have would cost in the market?

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
Igbos can only claim Okrika, Kalabari, Bonny, Brass etc on top Nairaland and other Social Media Platforms

Ijaw Land will never be part of Igbo land or Biafra.

I have no issue with the Igbos, but Fact nah Fact grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Igbos can only claim Okrika, Kalabari, Bonny, Brass etc on top Nairaland and other Social Media Platforms

Ijaw Land will never be part of Igbo land or Biafra.

I have no issue with the Igbos, but Fact nah Fact grin
I have told you this before my good friend, shall we quarrel over it again?
Ijaw have no land, they live on the water!

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

I have told you this before my good friend, shall we quarrel over it again?
Ijaw have no land, they live on the water!
Yes, on Nairaland cheesy
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Yes, on Nairaland grin

Ijaws from Kalabaris were involve in the buying and selling of Igbo slaves

Not only Ijaws from Kalabaris buy and sell Igbo Slaves though. Some of the descendants of Igbo slaves still live in Kalabari

Kalabari can only be claimed by ignorant Igbos like you on top Social Media

Reality is that, Igbo can never take an inch of Ijaw Land.

I have no issue with the Igbos, but fact is fact.

The Igbo aborigines in Okrika feel insulted by such comments

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

The Igbo aborigines in Okrika feel insulted by such comments
Their forefathers were bought to Kalabari Land as slaves. They are living peacefully on Ijaw Land and I have no issue with them living on our land.

They have the Freedom of Going back to where their forefathers came from though but they are all free to stay.
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Their forefathers were bought to Kalabari Land as slaves. They are living peacefully on Ijaw Land and I have no issue with them living on our land.

They have the Freedom of Going back to where their forefathers came from though.

They are aboriginal and not slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

They are aboriginal and not slaves.
Yes, on top social media, they are aboriginal

Peter Obi was predicted to win the election on top Social Media, but in Reality, Asiwaju won.

The tiny Igbo population in Kalabari Land are descendants of Igbo slaves. Fact is Fact
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Yes, on Nairaland cheesy
If you say so my friend!
Sleep well!

1 Like

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
Penguin too dey do him own katakata on the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/7746625/hausa-bakwai-hausa-banza-ancient

Una dey sabi other people history but una no dey sabi una own

1 Like

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Tukpa8: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2023
mrvitalis:
I have given up on this issue long time... I don't know any ijaw person without an Igbo relations... I mean zero

I used to have a friend from okrika he had Igbo name, spoke Igbo.. Said his village name was Ndubisi

I asked my sister inlaw who is from okrika she confirmed that okrika is made up of the ijaw and igbo part but the ijaw part is far more

That they know the Igbo okrikans as market people while the ijaws are Fisher men

Rivers history is complicated

When I told told alabo Graham Douglas was Igbo, asari was Igbo... I gave up

We done too mix it's very very very difficult to draw a line between us
Igbos were our slaves that's what bring us together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Sweetrosie(f): 8:29am On Jul 02, 2023
Parachoco:
There's no truth buried anywhere

Nah you just dey attach yourself to other Ethnic Nationalities

Igbo land start and end in the South East.

Nobody is claiming Igbo land

Una Sit At Home only take place in Igbo land every Monday, no other Ethnic Group dey follow una do the Sit At Home.

See as you disgraced yourself for this thread...smh

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

History was unfortunately removed from schools.
I can mention 5 FG and 5 State Universities wey still dey teach History

History get her own department in almost every school in Nigeria
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
Sweetrosie:

See as you disgraced yourself for this thread...smh
How did you disgrace yourself on this thread?

Is an insult for AfricanColumbus an Igbo man from the South East to dey talk say Kalabari was founded by people from Cross River and Igbo land

Kalabari is 100% Ijaw Land.
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
Parachoco:
I can mention 5 FG and 5 State Universities wey still dey teach History

History get her own department in almost every school in Nigeria

It is selected history. Several important events are not covered.

1 Like

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Gajagojo: 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

History was unfortunately removed from schools.

History was never removed
It is and always has been available in JAMB,WAEC and NECO
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

It is selected history. Several important events are not covered.
Garbage talk

You first claim "History was remove from school", now you don start to dey change mouth again after I prove to you schools are still learning History. You're not just glad they are not teaching your propaganda in schools.

Kalabaris know where they originated from and is not from Calabar neither is it from anywhere in Igbo Land
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

E go still fine another excuse give you now

I don't understand how an Igbo man that does not even know his history go dey talk about Ijaw history
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by engrsyer(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
With all these nonsense posts you just posted here explained by Hausa/Fulani will continue to kill you people.

How can you talk rubbish about my Bille Kingdom history that our reverted King Agbaniye-Jike is an Igbo man by adulteration his name as Ejike.

God punish u op and your sources you shared.
AfricanColumbus:

Brief history of Kalabari Communities (Additional Information By ECBLOG)

In ancient history Kalabari migrated from Calabar, they were joined by the Aro people of the Igbo ethnicity and first lived among the Ikwerre people at a place known as Obuamafo. From there they migrated southwards to an island closer to the ocean called Elem Kalabari (later to be known as Old Shipping).
This is where the central Kalabari people occupied for centuries.

Kalabari Amakiri Palace

The linguist‘s research work also reveals that the earlier Kalabari ethnicity did not include the other neighbouring towns like Ifoko, Ke, Tombia, Bukuma, Obonoma, Udekamma. These towns were added to Kalabari by King Amakiri (now spelt Amachree) through conquest and diplomacy.

King Amakiri (the first) was a major king in Kalabari history. He was an Igbo man and a great war strategist.

Splitting Of Elem Kalabari (From Research)
Through a kingship tussle between the Amakiri and Odum Barboy houses, Elem kalabari known as inner Kalabari was split apart. The splitting led to the outward migration of three main groups. The three main groups went on to found the 3 major communities of Kalabari today namely Bakana in 1881. Abonnema in 1881/1882 and Buguma in 1884.

You can also view this post in video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sswEaN44T7E

https://easternconsigliereblog.com/links-between-kalabari-and-igbo-part-3-history-of-kalabari/

Did you miss the earlier story. Read Links Between Kalabari And Igbo 2 – King Ejike of Bille
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2023
engrsyer:
With all these nonsense posts you just posted here explained by Hausa/Fulani will continue to kill you people.

How can you talk rubbish about my Bille Kingdom history that our reverted King Agbaniye-Jike is an Igbo man by adulteration his name as Ejike.

God punish u op and your sources you shared.

King Ejike is Igbo. Go and verify.

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
Parachoco:
Garbage talk

You first claim "History was remove from school", now you don start to dey change mouth again after I prove to you schools are still learning History. You're not just glad they are not teaching your propaganda in schools.

Kalabaris know where they originated from and is not from Calabar neither is it from anywhere in Igbo Land

Not only History, some courses are not offered in Nigerian universities in the East due to the fear of the last civil war.

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
Gajagojo:

What is the syllabus like?
Is Nigerian civil war history taught?
Is pre civil war Kalabari history taught?

How come many people don't know Kalabari came from Aro to Emohua and down to their current area?

What is being taught in the history?

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Not only History, some courses are not offered in Nigerian universities in the East due to the fear of the last civil war.
What are the Courses that are offered in other part of Nigeria but not offered in the East?
Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

What is the syllabus like?
Is Nigerian civil war history taught?
Is pre civil war Kalabari history taught?

How come many people don't know Kalabari came from Aro to Emohua and down to their current area?

What is being taught in the history?
grin

Only you know where you dey see your history from

Nah the first time I go hear say Kalabari Originate from Aro be this in my Life grin

Well, all this una yeye claim no dey pass Social Media

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is Over. Tinubu Supporters Need To Give Up Already And Let's Move On / Power Equation Is Being Adjusted By President Tinubu / Do Our Legislators Know What They Have Been ‘elected’ To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.