Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees (42420 Views)

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent / Parents, Students Lament High โ€˜Acceptance Feeโ€™ In Public Universities / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by MrSly(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin they went and followed touts and agberos that knows nothing about going to school to vote their tasks master. if i hear pin again na thunder go fire that person.no one should complain oooh
No one voted the agbero. Stop making it to look as if he has any mandate. The chain smoker failed woefully and stole the mandate in connivance with one Shameless yakubu, a fellow member of shameless grand fathers association.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by KingDash09(m): 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
No
Chidolalar:

Keyboard pressing u mean Yahoo?
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Chidolalar: 11:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
Donpenny:
sure but currently off to wrk untill i return to the villa. Very potent
Pls what is d name of d medicine u said is potent for diabetes cure?
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Chidolalar: 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
KingDash09:
No
If no den pls what is it
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Shikena(m): 12:26am On Jul 01, 2023
WorldRichest:

So, Nigeria's first unconstitutional lazy youth, can you profer a solution?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by silaswills01(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2023
Lots of students will drop out of school
And a correction
In BUK MBBS and Dentistry pay highest not nursing
The news that nursing pay highest is fake news
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:46am On Jul 01, 2023
MT:

UK stopped subsiding their Universities but provide student loan to UK students. Yet, many Nigerians go there to pay millions of naira over rubbishy designed courses.

The Nigeria govt has provided loan for students to access to be paid back when they start working.

The reforms going on can bring with them attendant pains right now but at the end Nigeria will come out better.
unemployment rate is 33% in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by ubox: 4:53am On Jul 01, 2023
Kingofhoes:

You seem to be quite slow in your thinking. So let me help you. Stop comparing us that our minimum wage is 30k to the U.S where they can easily access student loans and easily get jobs and where the pay is far higher than ours. If you keep on with this narrative of " Abroad schools are expensive" you'll make your parents tht sent you to school look foolish.
Then people should stop insulting Nigerian universities and comparing them to their American counterparts
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by OwoukoUrua(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2023
Mboi:
Nice one. We cannot be wasting government money on Universities for ASUU to be going on strike as they like.
Afterall education is not for everybody. If you can't afford the school fees, it means that it is the will of God that you will not go to school.
Las las, you all will learn in a bitter way.
OBI is coming.....

Thunder faya your blokos there ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿฟ
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by BusinessPlan22: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nothing good comes easy!

If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share

Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries.

Also, Nigerians demand instant change and never ready to make sacrifices for gradual change.

Efulefu...shame on the womb that carried such a c.urse
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by BusinessPlan22: 7:40am On Jul 01, 2023
Kingofhoes:

You seem to be quite slow in your thinking. So let me help you. Stop comparing us that our minimum wage is 30k to the U.S where they can easily access student loans and easily get jobs and where the pay is far higher than ours. If you keep on with this narrative of " Abroad schools are expensive" you'll make your parents tht sent you to school look foolish.

These guys are senseless goats. They don't think.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Donpenny(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2023
Chidolalar:

Pls what is d name of d medicine u said is potent for diabetes cure?
it is an herbal medicine sir, doesn't have a product name.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by BusinessPlan22: 7:44am On Jul 01, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Stop spewing gibberish, where did my comparison delve into minimum wage? You lots just choose to be foolish!

Can you attend a university in the US with the minimum wage?

Stop being stupid please!

U are the fool here .
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by BusinessPlan22: 7:45am On Jul 01, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Stop spewing gibberish, where did my comparison delve into minimum wage? You lots just choose to be foolish!

Can you attend a university in the US with the minimum wage?

Stop being stupid please!

U are the fo.ol here .
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by olisamedua: 7:47am On Jul 01, 2023
2.5% of the assessable profits of every company in Nigeria is paid as Education Tax, who manages this fund? Where is all the money going to? How come this is not enough to fund, or at least provide most of funding for the education sector? What is the funding gap and how much of this gap needs to be pushed back to students/ parents?
Petrol subsidies have ceased and now the Government is washing its hands off education. What are they planning to do with all the savings asides the 114% increment in the salaries of political office holders?
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by ubox: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

Affordable for who?

Who will pay for it. How come anything that has to do with inefficiency is always pushed to the citizens in Nigeria then govt spin doctors like you are sent to browbeat the people into silence.
I hope you're aware countries like UK, US, Canada, Germany have universities that are actually tuition free for their citizens. So stop all the cappings
How much tax do they pay in comparison to you. In the real sense nothing is actually free, someone somewhere is paying for it
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Chidolalar: 8:45am On Jul 01, 2023
Donpenny:
it is an herbal medicine sir, doesn't have a product name.
Ok how can I get it from u or where can I get it and how much is it
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Donpenny(m): 9:18am On Jul 01, 2023
Chidolalar:

Ok how can I get it from u or where can I get it and how much is it
where is ur current state of resident?
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by rollywise(m): 9:38am On Jul 01, 2023
[quote author=SangoOlukosoOba post=124133435]

We know the plan of you lots!

You are only awaiting the fall of Nigeria and that will never happen. With your eyes, you shall see and witness the uplifting and massive development in Nigeria.

If people like you donโ€™t exist, their wonโ€™t be the word โ€œsurpriseโ€

His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is aware that people of your kind are anxious to see him fail, and has promised to put you lots to shame.

Ewuu... How's it going already? We don't wish the fall of the country, we know where it's heading. Is it our wish that turned it upside down the last eight years? I hope the yoruba tribe is enjoying the economy better than any other tribe. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚. Awon werey. Awalokan ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2023
"This government will favor me and my family" crooners, over to you .

My own is "let the poor breath"
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 10:14am On Jul 01, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Use the proof and pay your school fees. grin

Savage ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by nonhuman(m): 10:15am On Jul 01, 2023
GeneralDae:

Even your Obi promised to do thesame thing. I can give you proof.
provide proof
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Chidolalar: 10:58am On Jul 01, 2023
Donpenny:
where is ur current state of resident?

Anambra State
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Donpenny(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2023
Chidolalar:

Anambra State
qoute me ur whassp line let have a chat
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Basicend: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
SemperFid:

Minimum wage for 3 hours in US, UK and Canada is equal to 30 days Minimum wage in Nigeria.

You are a fool.

He is a fool indeed.

These wicked and greedy leaders have turned Nigeria to the poverty capital of the world.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Chidolalar: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Donpenny:
qoute me ur whassp line let have a chat
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Dybala11(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

You really think those guys are sincere? They are govt paid trolls whose jobs is to gaslight ordinary citizens to swallow every bad and incompetent idea of govt. They know the truth but choose to spread lies cause that's their survival means.
They must be resisted so they can go back and tell their paymasters that Nigerians are not as gullible as they think
It might be true o, cos some Nigerians are ready to sell their birthright and conscience even for a chicken change.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by eclassopedia: 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Eclassopedia is an India-based best tutoring company . If you need a tutor then it perfect place for you. It is a leading online learning platform that brings together knowledge-seeking students and subject matter experts. Connect with us today!
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by eclassopedia: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
Eclassopedia is an India-based best [url]tutoring company
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2wtBLJ1fSk[/url]
. If you need a tutor then it perfect place for you. It is a leading online learning platform that brings together knowledge-seeking students and subject matter experts. Connect with us today!
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Mboi: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
OwoukoUrua:

Thunder faya your blokos there ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿฟ
Lol... You see those people called BATISTS, their suffering never start.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Dybala11(m): 10:39pm On Jul 01, 2023
MT:

UK stopped subsiding their Universities but provide student loan to UK students. Yet, many Nigerians go there to pay millions of naira over rubbishy designed courses.

The Nigeria govt has provided loan for students to access to be paid back when they start working.

The reforms going on can bring with them attendant pains right now but at the end Nigeria will come out better.
Many of the graduates we have are unemployed, how do you expect them to repay the loan without adequate employment in the country??
Also, I think you haven't seen the criteria for students to be able to access the loan, dey play.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Dybala11(m): 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
lexy2014:

1. Aren't u aware that the question I asked u using my internet is research? Except u have a different meaning to.d word research. So therefore....What are the conditions for collecting the students loan?

2. Is china the world? Since you say "all reforms in the world bring it's pain", kindly give me all the reforms in the world and tell me how they brought pain.

3. You haven't answered the question...Why do the reforms never bring a better today?

4. Still doesn't answer the question...Why is it that the better tomorrow never comes?

5. What the hell is this?..."not to.oudh himself into penury"

Why shouldn't be feel the pain of the "reforms"?

If you elected Tinubu to "turn Nigeria fortune around", which fortune has he turned around so far?

In what direction is he turning the fortune and from which direction is he turning the fortune?

All he's trying to tell you is that for our leaders, the status quo remains the same. Medical tourism, corruption and so on will continue. Let the masses suffer, let their children drop out of school, he doesn't give two shits.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Sexually Transmitted Degrees : 7 Things You Should Know / An OAU Student's Project On Defeathering A Chicken. This Is An Awesome Invention / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.