Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees (42420 Views)

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Newgists1: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
Unbelievable moment: Asake leap into the crowd at Afronation 2023 in Portugal

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ccmZndKW0
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Reloadedisraelp: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
Maybe student loan will help...
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by thegooddieyoung: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
Sitwalkstand:
After the regae play the blues.

Go and apply for student loan. get a director or perm sec to guaranty you.

Every Nigerian should have a perm sec or director or Judge in their family

Loan is available. go for it and stop complaining

Renewed shegge is here.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
Setaleonoz:
U are a big fool

Is that all you have to say? You not even good with insults!
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Ogeeriga(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
Student loans await the student. No need for tears because cry AYZee, you will still pay, protest all you want, it all ends in futility. This same school that you will graduate from and no jobs to work, is taking futune to attend

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Honestfrend: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
LaSenior:

Hit the ground running

And now the ground is running

My Belle oo grin grin

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by naturefellow(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
Realestatevixen:
Hmm... I pray this will not be another clueless journey of 4 years.

Las Las, we will be alright.
no they won't. They will perish in their ignorance and bad choices

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by GeneralDae: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Use the proof and pay your school fees. grin
Y'all are just pained you lost election and have no ideology. If not you can't be opposing thesame capitalist principles your candidate is known for and what he campaigned on.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Thonee(m): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
Renewed hopelessness is here 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Alvin212(m): 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
Nice one

More dropout

Tinubu is working

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Kingofhoes: 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

You have a big problem with comprehension. Where was I comparing both countries and when did emphasizing on the need for people to pay their fair share, become a comparison?

Seems your parents could not afford you quality education, and why you so bent of publicizing their stupidity for failing in life

You're the one who seems to have a problem with comprehension. And I quote you

"If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share
Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries".

Unless you were drunk whilst typing this, you don't have a case. Get educated and don't embarrass your hardworking parents.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Blacktruth: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
Jagaban is here ,make una enjoy

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by maticar: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
NobleSeed:
He still using the baby steps approach, give him time 😂 😂 😂
This one na old man steps oo

70yrs old man grin

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by kevwemike: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
I don't even know why they keep increaseing school fees not that after the school u will even see work.

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Honestfrend: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
GeneralDae:

Even your Obi promised to do thesame thing. I can give you proof.

If u want 2 be reasonable u have 2 count Obi out n face reality.

I hope u have young ones who will or already in school and are facing this.. Make una dey get conscience.

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by ogunsbanjul(m): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
These are sponsored propaganda against this government. Let's wait and see. Soon the truth will manifest.

What do you expect from ASU and ASUP chaimen whose bloda failed in the presidential election recently concluded and who are the same blodas from the same region that hate Nigeria government if not destruction. Genesis 12 vs 3
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by GeneralDae: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
Honestfrend:

If u want 2 be reasonable u have u count Obi out.. Face reality.

I hope u have young ones who will or already in school..
This is Obi in 2011.

https://saharareporters.com/2011/05/12/erc-calls-governor-peter-obi-and-ansu-management-revert-old-fees
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kingofhoes:

"If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share
Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries".

Unless you were drunk whilst typing this, you don't have a case. Get educated and don't embarrass your hardworking parents.

Why have you chosen to be foolish on sunny day? What’s your highest level of education?

I pity those paying you salary, cos you going to end up ruining the company!

And if anybody should be talking about embarrassment, it shouldn’t be the son of a failure.

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SirLakes: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Blacktruth: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kingofhoes:

I think he was drunk hehehhehe

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by jydeskill1(m): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nothing good comes easy!

If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share

Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries.
They can pay GBP15,000 just for one year but complain N200k is too much for a university education per session in Nigeria.

Also, Nigerians demand instant change and never ready to make sacrifices for gradual change.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by maticar: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kingofhoes:

Don't mind the clown
People like him suffer from cognitive dissonance

See him denying his own statement in black and white
Despicable things

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
Setaleonoz:
U are a big fool

He is not bro. Blame yourself for being poor. Don't be angry, think of a better and legal way to make more money.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Blacktruth: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Why have you chosen to be foolish on sunny day? What’s your highest level of education?

And if anybody should be talking about embarrassment, it shouldn’t be the son of a failure.

I guess he was drunk
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Weevel77: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

You have a big problem with comprehension. Where was I comparing both countries and when did emphasizing on the need for people to pay their fair share, become a comparison?

Seems your parents could not afford you quality education, and why you so bent on publicizing their stupidity for failing in life
where do you expect these students to pay such exorbitant amount of money coming from our economy. Our minimum wage is 30k. They probably had elder ones who graduated from school but unemployed. How do they pay the tuition fees please?

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by iSense247: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin they went and followed touts and agberos that knows nothing about going to school to vote their tasks master. if i hear pin again na thunder go fire that person.no one should complain oooh
Do you really believe they voted Thiefnubuu or INEC rigged him in?

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SemperFid: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nothing good comes easy!

If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share

Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries.

Also, Nigerians demand instant change and never ready to make sacrifices for gradual change.

Minimum wage for 3 hours in US, UK and Canada is equal to 30 days Minimum wage in Nigeria.

You are a fool.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
iSense247:
Do you really believe they voted Thiefnubuu or INEC rigged him in?

Or some people wasted their votes which they already planned to waste because the already know that they will lose? grin
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Kingofhoes: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

😂 This guy is a clown. IRL. I bet you can't stand in my family's social class. That's by the way
I still stand on the fact that you're a sad uneducated man. Please get to learning. Your parents probably worked their asses off. Don't shame them.

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Kukutenla: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parents and students of some universities across the country have cried out over the hike in school fees, saying the development could worsen their current economic pains and lead to mass students’ withdrawals, Daily Trust reports.

Is it that Nigerians don't understand English?
The man never promised you will not drop out of schools. He only promised an end to strikes

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
Weevel77:
where do you expect these students to pay such exorbitant amount of money coming from our economy. Our minimum wage is 30k. They probably had elder ones who graduated from school but unemployed. How do they pay the tuition fees please?

Same ones paying million for oversees study? Did you see the data about the number of Nigerians that got student visa to UK ONLY?

If Nigerians can pay that much to study across the world, what makes you think they cannot afford high tuition in Nigeria! I am quite aware that it might be hard for some people, but with student loans, such can be achieved.

Our universities are in a sham, most living on old glory and have lost every standard. Like I said, if we want to raise the standard, students must pay their fair share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Sexually Transmitted Degrees : 7 Things You Should Know / An OAU Student's Project On Defeathering A Chicken. This Is An Awesome Invention / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection