Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees (42422 Views)

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Dybala11(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

You're simply ignorant. Majority of those who pay huge fees to study in UK use it as migration format. They're not paying just for the sake of education but to move their families to better climes. They sell off houses, cars and other valuable properties to raise such funds. And when they get there, they work their socks off to continue to be able to afford the fees.

So your comparison is totally off point.

No one who has the means to study abroad will go to Nigerian universities in the first place. At least not the public ones
What he's simply trying to tell you is that the government should increase the school fees to the extent that those from middle class homes will have to sell off their valuables like houses, cars and land before they will be able to afford going to a university, in the same society where they'll then find it hard to get any meaningful employment. Just dey watch that man and dey laugh.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Dybala11(m): 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

It will be bad of me to use a foreign university cos that will be wild, and why am using a university local to the country. And moreover, the school is doing very well and deserves every kudos for now. I don’t care about their religious affiliations, but inlove with the excellence they churning out.

You could easily relate the high fees to their standard and quality.
Who or what gave you the impression that Covenant University is better than all the public universities we have in Nigeria?? Are you talking in regard to the academic environment or the quality of education??
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Chidolalar: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Donpenny:
qoute me ur whassp line let have a chat

Hello I haven't seen your chat on Whatsapp after u said I should quote you my WhatsApp number
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by richboy7(m): 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
JasonScoolari:
I really don't know why they're crying oh...

In our WhatsApp group yesterday, one of the student that was crying and insulting our Tinubu was booted out of the group.

This increase in varsity fees will favour me and my family.

Nothing but an evil talk 😕

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

An OAU Student's Project On Defeathering A Chicken. This Is An Awesome Invention / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / Daughter, Father Graduate After 5 Years As Law Classmates In University (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.