Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees (42426 Views)

Parents Groan As Institutions Hike Fees By Over 100 Percent / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
Na lie!!!
This can't be true Ojare!!!!!

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by AniwetaluEmma(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
I thought they were laughing at ASUU that has been fighting for availability of education to common man. They have not seen anything.

What is called hike is coming.

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SolarEngr(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
500% increase no be small o

Someone like me sponsoring my education now, I know wetin my eyes dey see.

I am a SOLAR ENGINEER and an Electrical Electronics Engineering Student of the Prestigious University of Ibadan, you can check my works on my thread (Solar Inverter Installation), if you like what you see and you want to go Solar, feel free to send a dm.

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by airliner(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
GeneralDae:

Even your Obi promised to do thesame thing. I can give you proof.

So because obi said it you jumped into it without knowing how he's gonna go about it ode na real ode

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Setaleonoz(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nothing good comes easy!

If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share

Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries.

Also, Nigerians demand instant change and never ready to make sacrifices for gradual change.
U are a big fool

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Pooly: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
God bless president tinunbu this university hike will favour me and my family

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by GeneralDae: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
airliner:

So because obi said it you jumped into it without knowing how he's gonna go about it
This is even 2011 in Anambra.

ERC Calls On Governor Peter Obi And Ansu Management To Revert To The Old Fees
May 12, 2011
Hassan Taiwo Soweto & Chinedu Bosah
PRESS RELEASE
Anambra State Govt. Must Increase Funding Of Education Upto 26%
The Education Rights Campaign (ERC) condemns the Anambra state government and the university management of Anambra State University (ANSA) for increasing the school fees from N36,000 to N86,000 for non-medical students, N120,000 for medical students.

Anambra State Govt. Must Increase Funding Of Education Upto 26%
The Education Rights Campaign (ERC) condemns the Anambra state government and the university management of Anambra State University (ANSA) for increasing the school fees from N36,000 to N86,000 for non-medical students, N120,000 for medical students.

https://saharareporters.com/2011/05/12/erc-calls-governor-peter-obi-and-ansu-management-revert-old-fees

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Honestfrend: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Welcome to renewed hope..

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by joeyswift(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
Who has noticed that the level of insults on PO has drastically reduced. It is now that reality is dawning on them. Even agbado is now a luxury. The poor will not breathe.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Prince111111: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
PharoahTim:
This government shall favor me and my family..

YorubaaNza ronu...hahahahaha 😂
don't mind the yeye people crying everywhere yorubaronu🤣🤣

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Manrise: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
Wahala for every corner
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by NEUDUDE: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Use the proof and pay your school fees. grin

grin grin grin[center][/center] shocked. Guy you get better vawulence

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by iammo(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ole ASUU

Government still budgeted funds for tertiary Education
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Rechargeam247(f): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Hmmn.
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by sportskid(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Why are dey crying na... APC is still testing the mic grin

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by GeneralDae: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
joeyswift:
Who has noticed that the level of insults on PO has drastically reduced. It is now that reality is dawning on them. Even agbado is now a luxury. The poor will not breathe.
This is your PO in 2011.

https://saharareporters.com/2011/05/12/erc-calls-governor-peter-obi-and-ansu-management-revert-old-fees
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Kingofhoes: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nothing good comes easy!

If Nigerian universities want to compete, they must be autonomous, and students must pay their fair share

Nigerians are the only class of people who want their country to overtake the US, UK and Canada, but not ready to pay their fair share like citizens of those countries.

Also, Nigerians demand instant change and never ready to make sacrifices for gradual change.

You seem to be quite slow in your thinking. So let me help you. Stop comparing us that our minimum wage is 30k to the U.S where they can easily access student loans and easily get jobs and where the pay is far higher than ours. If you keep on with this narrative of " Abroad schools are expensive" you'll make your parents tht sent you to school look foolish.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by millionboi2: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Na wa oooo
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Eton97: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Mboi: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
Nice one. We cannot be wasting government money on Universities for ASUU to be going on strike as they like.
Afterall education is not for everybody. If you can't afford the school fees, it means that it is the will of God that you will not go to school.
Las las, you all will learn in a bitter way.
OBI is coming.....

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by janvier27(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cry? It's too early. ASUU saw the way CBN was printing money for friends and family and insisted that money wasn't the problem but the will to finance public education. A little fraction of the loots would have gone a long way. Parents and students cursed ASUU. The irresponsible government then ignored ASUU for months and eventually found their gang member to deal the final blow, and without any conscience, withheld their meagre pay for 8 months. NANS recently visited BAT to thank him for education loan and to request that ASUU should not be given a position on the board.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kingofhoes:

You seem to be quite slow in your thinking. So let me help you. Stop comparing us that our minimum wage is 30k to the U.S where they can easily access student loans and easily get jobs and where the pay is far higher than ours. If you keep on with this narrative of " Abroad schools are expensive" you'll make your parents tht sent you to school look foolish.

Chai!!!
This vawulence loud gan!!!!!!!

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by arsenal33: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nothing good comes easy!

they know that already. They are only pretending to be ignorant

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Omoapena(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
I knew this was coming, I told people that if tinubu wins, he will withdraw all government expenditure to subsidize some sectors and increase taxation on people, he will soon create some organizations that will generate more revenue for the government....

No 1 is agbero Union that will be generating revenue from the whole nation...

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kingofhoes:

You have a big problem with comprehension. Where was I comparing both countries and when did emphasizing on the need for people to pay their fair share, become a comparison?

Seems your parents could not afford you quality education, and why you so bent on publicizing their stupidity for failing in life

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by philzzz(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
Hit the ground running....😂

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by JasonScoolari: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
joeyswift:
Money for Data.... "O T Law"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by Savedday2: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
This is just the beginning, the way baba they serve the renewed shege, it will reach everybody. Quick and steady!

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by WorldRichest: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
Feintline:
Just few weeks ago; I said here that all the noise and hype from Nigeria's first unconstitutional president was all media gragratum.

This is 2023. There is nothing you can do when you don't win the people.

So, Nigeria's first unconstitutional lazy youth, can you profer a solution?

Re: Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees by depure(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
Sitwalkstand:
After the regae play the blues.

Go and apply for student loan. get a director or perm sec to guaranty you.

Every Nigerian should have a perm sec or director or Judge in their family

Loan is available. go for it and stop complaining

Renewed shegge is here.
See as it's easy to talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

An OAU Student's Project On Defeathering A Chicken. This Is An Awesome Invention / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / Daughter, Father Graduate After 5 Years As Law Classmates In University (Video)