Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? (22023 Views)

5 Ways To Request For A Salary Increase. / LAPO MFB Staff Reject 25% Salary Increase After 7 Years Of Alleged Stagnant Pay / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Tinubucocainesn: 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Wowwwwwwwww

Passion of helinues
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by adisabarber(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:
Please guys,. Help me reason this matter.
I've had this client for 6 years and last year, I approached them for increment but nothing happened.

This year I threatened to leave and this people promised to do something. When the pay came in last week, na 5k dem add. Like seriously??

Meanwhile, my other clients added up to 20k, and some added 10k the same time I approached all of them last year.

So I wanted to call and ask if it was a mistake but I said let me ask round first and some my colleagues in the same field said they even tried that they have clients of over twenty years that have not added one naira to their pay.

Please, is it worth it especially now that there's serious inflation?

One client added 20k, another added 10k, the 3rd added 5k. That's 35k extra monthly. Some people are not earning 35k in a month. If you drop this client, you will forfeit the main salary plus the 5k that you said is small. Just manage it for now.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by ShenTeh(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:
I've had this client for 6 years and last year, I approached them for increment but nothing happened.

This year I threatened to leave and this people promised to do something. When the pay came in last week, na 5k dem add. Like seriously??

Meanwhile, my other clients added up to 20k, and some added 10k the same time I approached all of them last year.

So I wanted to call and ask if it was a mistake but I said let me ask round first and some my colleagues in the same field said they even tried that they have clients of over twenty years that have not added one naira to their pay.

Based on the information you gave provided here and subsequent replies to other people's comments here, I think the increase is sufficient. It wasn't like you have always asked for an increase and has been denied. It all boils down to negotiation and your value. Others have paid hire based on these terms and possibly their affordability.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by MrBroke(m): 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:

Which work you dey work grin cause these your clients dem b like say you be hmmmmm hmmm grin
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Salt06(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Candidlady:
shocked

Use that extra 5thou' to gamble sure odds like your comrades samueltemi337 and miracrood2

If icome as a man in next life I'd kill myself

God forbid this gender

Seems those men around u didnt try sha... to make you hate so much. May you find healing
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Juanmike(m): 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
Candidlady:
shocked

Use that extra 5thou' to gamble sure odds like your comrades samueltemi337 and miracrood2

God forbid this gender

Your father must be very proud of you since you strangled him to death.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Thegamingorca(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
What kind of nonsense work are you doing that it is paining you that you did not get 20k increment?
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
ahnie:

You na big woman o.
No be home lessons?

Who is this one and what kind of question is this?

Did I ever discuss the nature of my bizness with you at any time?

Why do you ladies here like gossips a lot?
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
CondemnBattery:
What do you mean by other client's?
Client's don't pay salary, they pay for service rendered.
Are you referring to your employers? Cos I don't understand.

Yeah I mean the charges for the services I render. I actually increased it to 60% of the original charges for all them and they all got back to me saying they can't do 60% but will add what they can to it. This particular clients case is what baffled me.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by donprinyo(m): 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Rob ur employer to teach him a lesson
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
adisabarber:

One client added 20k, another added 10k, the 3rd added 5k. That's 35k extra monthly. Some people are not earning 35k in a month. If you drop this client, you will forfeit the main salary plus the 5k that you said is small. Just manage it for now.

Thats my thoughts. If I drop them, I'll lose the original charges which is still very much ok and some of my competitors are already telling me to drop it for them but the increment is just ridiculous!
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by samwillyco1(m): 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
What is your profession, before I comment
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by adisabarber(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:

Thats my thoughts. If I drop them, I'll lose the original charges which is still very much ok and some of my competitors are already telling me to drop it for them but the increment is just ridiculous!

Just continue. Every single Naira that comes in matters right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by schoolboymatt(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
Chetas81:
Why Nigerian find it difficult to make the right choice within their self 😜✍️

na Nairaland give them avenue grin
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Okiemute101: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dey play
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Alfred200825(m): 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
Candidlady:
shocked

God forbid this gender

I doubt if any man will be willing to give birth to you in your next life. So don't bother yourself coming back...
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by davidtemi(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
Yes continue.
U can't afford to leave any job wit dis current nig situation o.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Pque(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:

Someone that said that's all they can do for now Though it's a walking distance from my house and I do once a week and close by 12pm max.

I'm just looking at the fact that other clients are paying more and even added more than her, why are they being... Mtchew.

Sheee na olosho work? Na simple question o. I'm only curious as you no gree talk d work ni o🤤🤤🧐🧐
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by Lance008(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
To be honest runs girls they get above 30k a night in state like Lagos Abuja etc
Omo boys we too try
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
davidtemi:
Yes continue.
U can't afford to leave any job wit dis current nig situation o.

My brother. See how Dem box me for corner? They are seizing the economy situation to put people in dilemma.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by LEXYCOM: 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2023
Your own better. Six years at my present place of work and one naira never add to my salary. It just frustrating
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
LEXYCOM:
Your own better. Six years at my present place of work and one naira never add to my salary. It just frustrating

Hmmm... That's bad.

Apart from this particular client of mine, others ( over 30 something of them) have increased like two or three times with six years of my contract with them. Na this particular one stingy. Though they helped me one certain time like that that I made so much money. That's the only reason I don't pester them for increment when I serve the others letter. They really tried for me but the increment shock me o.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by ruffhandu: 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:

Continue what? Keep wasting your destiny somewhere and thinking you can't survive outside of it. I no read your story, just the headline. but I don't think I will regret this my comment. Take your lazy ass off there and make meaning out of your life. Or are you waiting for someone to slap you before you do that? One form of ritual is keeping people on one position as employees, making them live from hand to mouth year-in-year-out. It is money ritual in which the victim can summon courage to escape from.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
ruffhandu:

Continue what? Keep wasting your destiny somewhere and thinking you can't survive outside of it. I no read your story, just the headline. but I don't think I will regret this my comment. Take your lazy ass off there and make meaning out of your life. Or are you waiting for someone to slap you before you do that? One form of ritual is keeping people on one position as employees, making them live from hand to mouth year-in-year-out. It is money ritual in which the victim can summon courage to escape from.

Please, read the post.

For your info, I'm a consultant and I got other clients. We do 9-12 for all clients. Plus its the service charges I'm talking about not salary per se.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by lebienconnu: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
At all at all, they say, na im bad.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by awoluyi(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
I can't decide for you what gives you happiness. Stay there if you're enjoying the slavery. You are in better position to choose between living well or dying poor. Prosperity or poverty is a matter of choice.
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by davidtemi(m): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:

My brother. See how Dem box me for corner? They are seizing the economy situation to put people in dilemma.

Thank you.
That is just very sad situation we are in for. I even dey pity those without any means talk less of getting increments.
Some are even praying not to get relieved of their job at this time.
The question u should ask is what if ur company decided to cut salaries😂🤣......??
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
awoluyi:
I can't decide for you what gives you happiness. Stay there if you're enjoying the slavery. You are in better position to choose between living well or dying poor. Prosperity or poverty is a matter of choice.

And as you come condemn the slavery job finish, which one you come drop now make i take replace am?

You dey drop advice without solution..
Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
davidtemi:

That is just very sad situation we are in for. I even dey pity those without any means talk less of getting increments.
Some are even praying not to get relieved of their job at this time.
The question u should ask is what if ur company decided to cut salaries😂🤣......??

O Ho ooo... Some companies are going to downsize with the present situation of the economy. What if they cut it down. I thank God that was not the case.

You've given me another reason to be grateful with this point of view, bro.

Thanks, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by frozen70(f): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:

I think you should calm down

Is better to hold on to the little ones you have to meet up with the economy than to loose one out of the ones you have and reduce your income

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? by EriMma1: 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
frozen70:

I think you should calm down

Is better to hold on to the little ones you have to meet up with the economy than to loose one out of the ones you have and reduce your income
Ok.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Finally Almost Had My Shadow. Pls Learn From This. / 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. / Masssive Recruitment At Covenant University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.