Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says (621 Views)

Adeboye On Death Of Son, Dare: I Cannot Complain, Blame Or Question God / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Why you really don't want to believe in God is because you want to do wicked things and get away with it.

To believe in God is to believe His word, which says love and do what is right.

What is the purpose of saying God doesn't exist, it is to challenge his words and say there is no need to do what he says.

Question, if you hate what is right or hate to do what is right why do u feel a need to be right or feel right?

I don't have to do good to anyone after all I don't believe in some reward for doing it. I can do whatever benefits me even if it's selfish and wicked and get away with it, because there is definitely no hell or punishment for my wickedness.

"I don't believe in God" but I believe in doing good, bro don't deceive yourself, it is God's command to do good, to love and to do what is right and not evil."

God is good, if there is no God there is no good, as long as there is good there is God. Just as there is evil, there is good.

You say you believe in good and not in God, you are confused, you say you believe in love but not in God, you are also confused.

What do you think love is, to get what you want? That's lust. Love is to give, even when it goes against self and is sacrificial, it gives for the sake of good.

We don't pay to exist yet we don't believe that out of Love came the existence we have received. We received life freely yet do not believe in the free gift of God.

Abeg make it make sense

2 Likes

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by talented321: 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Calling people who don't believe in your religion evil is a sign that u are very dumb.
Christian breed sefish and gredy leaders because they go scot free when they sin, unlike traditional worship where you will pay for ur sins when you go against them.
Many of u don't know what u are preaching always talking out of point.

5 Likes

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by vdestro: 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
Not really.

Good and evil is already here with man whether people accept God to obey Him or not.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
Why you really don't want to believe in God is because you want to do wicked things and get away with it. To believe in God is to believe His word, which says love and do what is right. What is the purpose of saying God doesn't exist, it is to challenge his words and say there is no need to do what he says. Question, if you hate what is right or hate to do what is right why do u feel a need to be right or feel right?
I don't have to do good to anyone after all I don't believe in some reward for doing it. I can do whatever benefits me even if it's selfish and wicked and get away with it, because there is definitely no hell or punishment for my wickedness.

"I don't believe in God" but I believe in doing good, bro don't deceive yourself, it is God's command to do good, to love and to do what is right and not evil."
God is good, if there is no God there is no good, as long as there is good there is God. Just as there is evil, there is good.
You say you believe in good and not in God, you are confused, you say you believe in love but not in God, you are also confused.
It is an even bigger problem that the vast majority of those who claim to believe in the existence of God and in the existence of some sort of rewards for their mere belief happen to also be some of the villest beings out there. undecided

● The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob did not ask any man to go out there to argue His existence to those who chose not to belief so I wonder the meaning behind these pretend rituals that has become typical of those who claim to believe in Him.
● To those who belief in Him His one and only mandate from even the time of Adam has been absolute obedience of His teachings and commandments, yet to date, those who believe in Him are most notorious for making up excuses for why God should not be obeyed. Where God commands love, these people project hatred on those who dey deem their person enemies. So God's idea of good is not found in them, making them so much worse than the unbelievers who believe in and live their idea of love.
● if professing belief in God makes you no better an individual to your neighbor or the next man then the one who in his unbelief gives of his best to his neighbor, by what standard do you assume yourself less unrighteous than the other? Certainly not that which is of God. undecided
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It is an even bigger problem that the vast majority of those who claim to believe in the existence of God and in the existence of some sort of rewards for their mere belief happen to also be some of the villest beings out there. undecided
please with all due respect shut up, so what if some wicked devils also believe in God, didn't the Bible also say they do. It that an excuse to not believe in God. Then it's very easy to make people doubt God, be wicked, publically claim I believe in God and make others not to believe. That is supposed to be a good enough reason

● The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob did not ask any man to go out there to argue His existence to those who chose not to belief so I wonder the meaning behind these pretend rituals that has become typical of those who claim to believe in Him.
you can keep wondering yet you already call it pretentious because you know their heart abi undecided
Like I said shut up, if you don't want to say God exists you can keep shut. What do u think an argument is, people don't believe their is a God yet they question other people's believe in him an refuse to accept what they say then label them crazy just to justify their own unbelieve. You think believers go about trying to force anyone to believe, they get attacked for what they believe because they go about proclaiming that their is God.

● To those who belief in Him His one and only mandate from even the time of Adam has been absolute obedience of His teachings and commandments, yet to date, those who believe in Him are most notorious for making up excuses for why God should not be obeyed. Where God commands love, these people project hatred on those who dey deem their person enemies. So God's idea of good is not found in them, making them so much worse than the unbelievers who believe in and live their idea of love.
so those who claim to believe but don't actually obey are the reason why does who don't believe don't believe. Are you not one person that projects hatred and dislike towards any form of worship that doesn't agree with what you believe. You want to judge others when there's a mighty majestic log lodging in your eyes

● if professing belief in God makes you no better an individual to your neighbor or the next man then the one who in his unbelief gives of his best to his neighbor, by what standard do you assume yourself less unrighteous than the other? Certainly not that which is of God. undecided
by the standard God sets, to obey and do his will. You ask a question but u won't humbly wait for an answer, u already assume "certainly not that which is of God"
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 10:36am On Jul 01, 2023
vdestro:
Not really.

Good and evil is already here with man whether people accept God to obey Him or not.
it's already here with man, true. But what defines good and evil?

Moses wrote in the book of Genesis how that came to be.

I am telling you that all those who do what is good and right already obey God.

How many people go to a new country and memorize all their laws. If you don't steal, are you not obeying their laws. If you walk outside by 9pm and there's a curfew you didn't know about, haven't you broken their law already.

What exactly is God's command, is it to do evil?

Vdestro, if people refuse to obey God all they do is evil. Who taught your fathers good and evil, when laws were good and righteous they found their basis from God's command to do good and love, be kind to strangers and foreigners. If were not the case, it would be a lawless state.

God simple says, give in to the good in you I will reward you, give in to the evil, I will punish you. Is that bad, is that something to reject, not like rejecting it will stop him from punishing the wicked or blessing the good but rejecting or accepting affects us and what we choose to do.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:42am On Jul 01, 2023
The Bible book of GENESIS solved your quest!

God created man and gave him freewill to do whatever he wants with his life but then he mustn't think of setting standards for right and wrong over other humans! Genesis 2:17

That's the reason why many are questioning the existence of God today because they want to be free but then how do we cohabit in peace when each person has what he or she will like to do with his or her life and we don't have the same hobby.

After discussing with atheists and agnostics on this forum many of them have agreed with me that mankind need rules to guide us but then who should set such standard?

That's what silenced them because if each person has what he likes and dislikes we can't trash the idea of a SUPREME BEING: GOD! smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by vdestro: 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
gohf:
it's already here with man, true. But what defines good and evil?...

We all know that God has defined and set what good and evil is, and everyone, everywhere is bending under it. And that is the point of reference and determination.

So, even when people go into a different country, God's Law, and not legal which is man's own unlawful law, hence why you said "their law", is still the same and in force.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by kingxsamz(m): 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
gohf:
Why you really don't want to believe in God is because you want to do wicked things and get away with it.

What is the purpose of saying God doesn't exist, it is to challenge his words and say there is no need to do what he says.

Question, if you hate what is right or hate to do what is right why do u feel a need to be right or feel right?

What do you think love is, to get what you want? That's lust. Love is to give, even when it goes against self and is sacrificial, it gives for the sake of good.

We don't pay to exist yet we don't believe that out of Love came the existence we have received. We received life freely yet do not believe in the free gift of God.

Abeg make it make sense

Makes no sense. Aren't those who believe in the god doing all sorts of things that are considered unacceptable in their religion? So when we say we don't believe in a god, it means we don't subscribe to the lie of a magical sky fairy, not because we want the freedom to do anything. Anyone will do anything regardless of what they believe or don't.
Also, the god you're referring to murdered kids, condoned murdering of kids and also ordered the murdering of kids. Such character is far from what you describe it. So your write up makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
gohf:
please with all due respect shut up, so what if some wicked devils also believe in God, didn't the Bible also say they do. It that an excuse to not believe in God. Then it's very easy to make people doubt God, be wicked, publically claim I believe in God and make others not to believe. That is supposed to be a good enough reason
■ you can keep wondering yet you already call it pretentious because you know their heart abi undecided
Like I said shut up, if you don't want to say God exists you can keep shut. What do u think an argument is, people don't believe their is a God yet they question other people's believe in him an refuse to accept what they say then label them crazy just to justify their own unbelieve. You think believers go about trying to force anyone to believe, they get attacked for what they believe because they go about proclaiming that their is God.
■ so those who claim to believe but don't actually obey are the reason why does who don't believe don't believe. Are you not one person that projects hatred and dislike towards any form of worship that doesn't agree with what you believe. You want to judge others when there's a mighty majestic log lodging in your eyes
■ by the standard God sets, to obey and do his will. You ask a question but u won't humbly wait for an answer, u already assume "certainly not that which is of God"
1. I specifically stated that you statement applies to fhe vast majority, and not to some. Take Nigeria for an example. A country which boasts of being the most religious on earth yet riddled with wickedness everywhere you turn. undecided

2. I didn't say anything about wondering. Again, never sent anyone out to prove his existence to others. He even made clear that no signs/miracles/evidence will be given to anyone in that regard. Basically, there right to question your belief and stance comes from God Himself, however, your egotistical need to prove God's existence to them doesn't. undecided

3. Again, God's one and only mandate to those who swear an eternal oath to Him is absolute trust and obedience every moment of every day. Anything short of that is unrighteous --- God does not abide that at all. God's goodness is far from those who say they believe in Him with their mouths but do not obey Him. undecided

4. Again, my question was that if professing belief in God does not cause you to love your neighbor as much or even better than the unbeliever, by what standard do you then assume yourself less unrighteous or a better person than the unbeliever? undecided
The standard you follow in such a situation cannot be of Jesus Christ who is clearly recorded to have done good everywhere He went and decreed that those who belong to Him are only those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
kingxsamz:

Makes no sense. Aren't those who believe in the god doing all sorts of things that are considered unacceptable in their religion? So when we say we don't believe in a god, it means we don't subscribe to the lie of a magical sky fairy, not because we want the freedom to do anything. Anyone will do anything regardless of what they believe or don't.
Also, the god you're referring to murdered kids, condoned murdering of kids and also ordered the murdering of kids. Such character is far from what you describe it. So your write up makes no sense.
they claim to believe, it is written by their fruits you shall know them.

It is a lie that anyone will do anything regardless of what they believe. You are writing this response based on what you believe.

Oo he is such a wicked God to command death to those who won't submit. He is so wicked to give those who made a covenant to do good, peace, and remove all enemies round about.

But he should have been kind and enslaved them and forced them to live under his will, he should have kept them alive and tortured them.

He is such a wicked God for destroying man woman and child of those who sacrificed their children through fire. He is soo wicked to destroy a city that sought to rape it's visitors. He is so so so wicked and fo...olish that he cannot judge the heart of men not babies in the womb, nor see the future. Such a wicked God. is that what you choose to believe, did anyone force such a believe on you?

You call it a lie yet you cant prove it is a lie, but you choose to believe what you can't prove because it is what you choose to believe
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by vdestro: 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
kingxsamz:

At least they have a persuasive and compelling Authourity Who people can appeal to, as a check on their activities whereas, who can change the minds of atheists? Certainly, no one would ask satan for we all know that he would never stop you people from doing any evil.

kingxsamz:

We are all God's property so He definitely has a right to determine which property should be destroyed, so you did not speak well at all.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by kingxsamz(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
vdestro:

At least they have a persuasive and compelling Authourity Who people can appeal to, as a check on their activities whereas, who can change the minds of atheists? Certainly, no one would ask satan for we all know that he would never stop you people from doing any evil.

We are all God's property so He definitely has a right to determine which property should be destroyed, so you did not speak well at all.

Atheists are just people who don't believe in sky fairies like your god. Anything concerning morals has nothing to do with atheism and every atheist is responsible for their behaviour. One would think those who believe in a god would be better, yet they're worse.

2 Likes

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by kingxsamz(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
gohf:
they claim to believe, it is written by their fruits you shall know them.

It is a lie that anyone will do anything regardless of what they believe. You are writing this response based on what you believe.

Oo he is such a wicked God to command death to those who won't submit. He is so wicked to give those who made a covenant to do good, peace, and remove all enemies round about.

But he should have been kind and enslaved them and forced them to live under his will, he should have kept them alive and tortured them.

He is such a wicked God for destroying man woman and child of those who sacrificed their children through fire. He is soo wicked to destroy a city that sought to rape it's visitors. He is so so so wicked and fo...olish that he cannot judge the heart of men not babies in the womb, nor see the future. Such a wicked God. is that what you choose to believe, did anyone force such a believe on you?

You call it a lie yet you cant prove it is a lie, but you choose to believe what you can't prove because it is what you choose to believe

Wow, so much sense In this rant write up. Kudos to you. 👍🏾
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by vdestro: 7:08am On Jul 02, 2023
kingxsamz:

Atheists are just people who don't believe in sky fairies like your god. Anything concerning morals has nothing to do with atheism and every atheist is responsible for their behaviour. One would think those who believe in a god would be better, yet they're worse.

The problem has always been getting people to act responsibly and belng punished for their wicked and bad acts and this is where, believers are better.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by kingxsamz(m): 11:12am On Jul 02, 2023
vdestro:

The problem has always been getting people to act responsibly and belng punished for their wicked and bad acts and this is where, believers are better.

Religious people are better because they need to be told to act responsible before being responsible? undecided Are you even reading what you're typing?
If you need to be scared with punishment before being responsible, are you really responsible?

3 Likes

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by EnemyofGod2: 11:17am On Jul 02, 2023
grin grin
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
kingxsamz:

Religious people are better because they need to be told to act responsible before being responsible? undecided Are you even reading what you're typing?
If you need to be scared with punishment before being responsible, are you really responsible?

so are you saying a child who doesn't put their hands into fire because their parents told them it would hurt them and the child being afraid of pain doesn't do it, is an irresponsible child?

Please make it make sense.. if u are saying people who are scared of punishment are irresponsible, then those who are not scared are responsible abi?

You don't need to be told, because you are all knowing and know what is right and wrong because right from when you were a child you never needed anyone to direct you, you were so responsible you changed yourself and wore your clothes, greeted with having been told. You were perfect in your ways
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by LordReed(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
gohf:

Abeg make it make sense

Rubbish. A belief in any god is not necessary to do good. At bare minimum empathy and sympathy for the human condition is what is needed and cuts across belief or nonbelief. Stop deceiving yourself into thinking your particular belief makes you special.

3 Likes

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
LordReed:

Rubbish. A belief in any god is not necessary to do good. At bare minimum empathy and sympathy for the human condition is what is needed and cuts across belief or nonbelief. Stop deceiving yourself into thinking your particular belief makes you special.
Your response as light to do with what you quoted, it's rubbish so you didn't read it and assumed what it says, isn't that fo.o..olishness.

What rubbish is a "bare minimum empathy and sympathy" is that what you really feel or some rubbish you came up with to justify your lack of understanding of what I wrote. Do you think those who claim to believe in God and do good lack empathy or sympathy.

What rubbish assumption is a particular belief makes anyone special, if you don't want to believe anything don't believe anything, if people want to feel special what does it have to do with you. How does it affect you, should it stop you from doing good.

This people believe in God and do good, you question there believe and claim to do good, what good is that. Who gives you the right to that, yourself.

You say they are deceiving themselves, are you not also delusional and self deceptive. How does it affect you that they want to believe in God and do good?
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by Image123(m): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
LordReed:

This one doesn't know the meaning of "good". He doesn't know that doing good doesn't make you a good person. undecided
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by kingxsamz(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
gohf:
so are you saying a child who doesn't put their hands into fire because their parents told them it would hurt them and the child being afraid of pain doesn't do it, is an irresponsible child?

Please make it make sense.. if u are saying people who are scared of punishment are irresponsible, then those who are not scared are responsible abi?

You don't need to be told, because you are all knowing and know what is right and wrong because right from when you were a child you never needed anyone to direct you, you were so responsible you changed yourself and wore your clothes, greeted with having been told. You were perfect in your ways

Very poor analogy right there.
First of all, a child wouldn't need to be warned not to put its hand in fire to realize that it shouldn't.
A child who has never been cautioned not to put its hand in fire will most likely not do it through out their lifetime. Also, your analogy doesn't fit because we're talking about people being good/bad to others, and not to themselves. So a child putting its hand in fire will only be hurting itself, not others.

People being scared of punishment is normal and there's nothing wrong with it. But being held back from carrying out an action against someone or people simply because of a punishment, just shows that you would have done that thing if there were no repercussions.
Imagine someone saying, "If not because of my religion I would have stolen this old woman's purse". That's exactly what it is.
That means, if your religion or god had deemed it right to steal and enslave people, you would be doing it. So...🤷🏾‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by LordReed(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
gohf:
Your response as light to do with what you quoted, it's rubbish so you didn't read it and assumed what it says, isn't that fo.o..olishness.

What rubbish is a "bare minimum empathy and sympathy" is that what you really feel or some rubbish you came up with to justify your lack of understanding of what I wrote. Do you think those who claim to believe in God and do good lack empathy or sympathy.

What rubbish assumption is a particular belief makes anyone special, if you don't want to believe anything don't believe anything, if people want to feel special what does it have to do with you. How does it affect you, should it stop you from doing good.

This people believe in God and do good, you question there believe and claim to do good, what good is that. Who gives you the right to that, yourself.

You say they are deceiving themselves, are you not also delusional and self deceptive. How does it affect you that they want to believe in God and do good?

I read your nonsensical post that's why I know it is rubbish.

I didn't know that you don't know how to read English. I wrote "At bare minimum empathy and sympathy for the human condition is what is needed", reread it until it sinks through whatever is blocking your brain.

It is not an assumption that is the fact. It doesn't matter who you are once you have sympathy or/and empathy for your fellows you will do good to them.

You are delusional if you think belief in god is what makes people do good or that it makes you special. You literally have people who have no belief in god doing good and excelling all over the world.

1 Like

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by Image123(m): 5:50am On Jul 03, 2023
LordReed:

I didn't know that you don't know how to read English. I wrote "At bare minimum empathy and sympathy for the human condition is what is needed", reread it until it sinks through whatever is blocking your brain.

It is not an assumption that is the fact. It doesn't matter who you are once you have sympathy or/and empathy for your fellows you will do good to them.

You are delusional if you think belief in god is what makes people do good or that it makes you special. You literally have people who have no belief in god doing good and excelling all over the world.

Stop being a sly snake and get this into thy stubborn head. Doing good doesn't make you good, that's what the Bible teaches. Stop twisting it to say that you can't do "good" without the Bible. You can't be good without the Bible, not that you can't do good without the Bible/God. All your righteousness is filthy rags BEFORE God. This is like Bible 101. Stop twisting and turning.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by Image123(m): 5:53am On Jul 03, 2023
kingxsamz:

First of all, a child wouldn't need to be warned not to put its hand in fire to realize that it shouldn't.
A child who has never been cautioned not to put its hand in fire will most likely not do it through out their lifetime. Also, your analogy doesn't fit because we're talking about people being good/bad to others, and not to themselves. So a child putting its hand in fire will only be hurting itself, not others.

People being scared of punishment is normal and there's nothing wrong with it. But being held back from carrying out an action against someone or people simply because of a punishment, just shows that you would have done that thing if there were no repercussions.
Imagine someone saying, "If not because of my religion I would have stolen this old woman's purse". That's exactly what it is.
That means, if your religion or god had deemed it right to steal and enslave people, you would be doing it. So...🤷🏾‍♂️

Coming from a kid, it's expected. Kids try things, they go near fire, hot objects, electricity etc. even a thousand times after being told not to.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 8:31am On Jul 03, 2023
LordReed:

the basic point in that post is that those who do good believe in God and not that the basis of them doing good is that they believe in God. You that know how to read English can't grasp a simple understanding of what you read.

To believe in God is to do what He says, and God says to do good.

Is that not what you read. Some believe in God while some are not even aware of him, yet both do good and qualify to have obeyed his command.

I go to someone that does good and tell them the good news that they have an eternal reward for the good they do, if they say o I don't believe that, does it change the reward they will get, no. When they get the reward will they refuse it, no.

I will say it as many times, those who calm to believe God and don't do what he says haven't believed him
But those who claim to not believe God but do what he says and are the ones who truly believe and reap the benefits of obedience. Jesus said two men were asked by their father to do a thing, one said he will but didn't, the other refused but still did it. Who will the father be pleased with.

They play, no matter whatever you claim to believe God will bless the righteous and curse the unrepentant wicked.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2023
gohf:
the basic point in that post is that those who do good believe in God and not that the basis of them doing good is that they believe in God. You that know how to read English can't grasp a simple understanding of what you read.

To believe in God is to do what He says, and God says to do good.

Is that not what you read. Some believe in God while some are not even aware of him, yet both do good and qualify to have obeyed his command.

I go to someone that does good and tell them the good news that they have an eternal reward for the good they do, if they say o I don't believe that, does it change the reward they will get, no. When they get the reward will they refuse it, no.

I will say it as many times, those who calm to believe God and don't do what he says haven't believed him
But those who claim to not believe God but do what he says and are the ones who truly believe and reap the benefits of obedience. Jesus said two men were asked by their father to do a thing, one said he will but didn't, the other refused but still did it. Who will the father be pleased with.

They play, no matter whatever you claim to believe God will bless the righteous and curse the unrepentant wicked.

And it is not getting through your thick skull plate that person who doesn't believe in your god doesn't believe in your god. You are like a glitching robot who can't process that there are people who do not believe in your god. Your attempt at twisting logic on its head with your fairytales is still rubbish.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2023
kingxsamz:

this is more a reference to your poor understanding, "a child wouldn't need to be warned" why don't you answer the question, "so are you saying a child who doesn't put their hands into fire because their parents told them it would hurt them and the child being afraid of pain doesn't do it, is an irresponsible child?" Yes or No but instead you say a child doesn't need to be warned, either you were raised that way or you raise children that way. Make it make sense, it doesn't fit the analogy because it doesn't fit your goal and you can't answer the question.

You think being wicked to others doesn't hurt ones self abi? It's a fo..olish childish thought, that's why the elders who have lived long and seen life would say, those who live by the sword will die by the sword, what you do to others will be done unto you.

so you say the laws in the land are bad, because they restrict people? Ah if police wasn't there I for fly one-way

You're right the law doesn't save especially a law not written in a person's heart, that makes them understand why they shouldn't do a thing which goes beyond being punished but nevertheless it remains a cautious reminder of what should or shouldn't be done because men forget, especially when pressured by their own needs or selfishness they may forget that what they are about to do or say is evil.

There is no baseless assumption to think that if God deemed evil good, God is not a man, that makes laws to favor himself and forces countries to pass a gay law, or laws that protect the rich more than the poor. Focus on what God says not an assumption of what if he said or says.

If God says you should do good, you won't do it because God said so? Or you wouldn't do because one day he will tell you to do evil?

Obviously such a god is not the God but an imposter, for God doesn't lie nor change His mind. The good he commands is the good that is expected.
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by gohf: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2023
LordReed:

And it is not getting through your thick skull plate that person who doesn't believe in your god doesn't believe you in god. You are like a glitching robot who can't process that there are people who do not believe in your god. Your attempt at twisting logic on its head with your fairytales is still rubbish.
lol I am not trying to convince you Lordreed but use you to speak to others that God will reward them for the good they do and punish them for the wickedness they refuse to repent from
Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by KnownUnknown: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2023
The god of greedy bastards and terrorists?

Deuteronomy 20: the lord and his chosen savages go nuclear. After lying, cheating, stealing, and genociding their way through genesis, exodus, and numbers, they finally go the “final solution” route for deuteronomy.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

1 Like

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by KnownUnknown: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2023
LordReed:

At bare minimum empathy and sympathy for the human condition is what is needed and cuts across belief or nonbelief.

And that is the source of morality but the deluded will think some repulsive character from a fairy tale or their own particular imaginary friend is responsible.

1 Like

Re: To Question God's Existence Is To Question If We Should Do The Good He Says by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Jul 03, 2023
KnownUnknown:

And that is the source of morality but the deluded will think some repulsive character from a fairy tale or their own particular imaginary friend is responsible.

This one is even trying to turn logic on its head, saying if you do good it means you believe in god. LMFAO!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Signs Of The End Time Biblical Interpretations / Trending Video Of Pastor Adeboye Narrating His Travel Experience To Colorado USA / Work Abroad Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.