Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee (31627 Views)

Alaba Market Fire: Police Arrested "Suspected Criminals", Set Shanties On Fire / Saraki, Dogara Issue Joint Statement On National Assembly Invasion / Saraki And Dogara React To Ortom's Impeachment, Issue Joint Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Alpharey: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2023
optionalY09:

thank you, that place hide a lot of dangerous criminals, Sanwo Olu should not listen to these guys trying to dictate for his government. You don’t dictate to any government in the east what policy to implement why are they trying to dictate to you what to do with you government.

We Lagocians want that place brought down and rebuilt to international standard for new sets of descent users.

Upee! All I see is envy and jealousy
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by optionalY09: 9:53am On Jul 02, 2023
Alpharey:

Upee! All I see is envy and jealousy

Yes igbo are jealous of Yoruba achievements and they are desperate to bring us down, destabilize our society with crime.

There is no suitable place to stay in the east i wonder why they’re crying Biafra when all they wantted to do is migrate to SW Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by pacespot(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2023
They've turned this Alaba market demolition thing into election campaign strategy for APC Imo state governor.

APC created a problem and APC also trying to solve it using APC governor in Imo state who has election coming up.

Abia state governor visited Lagos earlier, why wasn't he present in this press conference?

1 Like

Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by djseanjohn77: 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
Wutinky:

How can you tame someone who feed you? we will take you serious when your people stop being lazy

The wrong notion that your inept and disgruntled brothers are giving. let me educate you.

When FCT was removed from lagos in1993, the population was about 4m up until 1999 when the final relocation of HQR were done. Between 1999 and 2007, Lagos witnessed massive growth in population more than it has ever in history...the pop increased to 7m and since then, it never stopped. That's ina summary.

One salient question you should answer is why, even without Lagos as the FC, the State continued to grow massively. You naivety will never make you understand why, but i will educate you. It is the benevolent, accommodating spirit of the people. Even abokis that do not buy lands like the Igbos to build shops are allowed to oocupy small space and make a living. Your brothers who ventured into entertainment, all needed Lagos to expose them to the world. Why is Lagos tagged the city that never sleeps, the excellence city. Any human with hustling spirit makes it in Lagos, cos, Eko ko gba igbakugba, eko o gba ole.(lagos accepts no nonsense, or laziness). The security of Lagos is another thing, it is difficult for any arms conflict t happen in Lagos and proceeds into days without strict measures put in place to arrest it. The people will never embrace such, that is why Lagos is ahead.

As a Lagosian, who lived al his life in Lagos and grew in Lagos, before deciding to JAPA. I have seen Lagos evolved from the 80s till date and i have a fresh memory of what it used to be and how it exploded into a massive business hub and global capital. This is despite every effort by the Northern Military government to reduce its dominance. The way Lagos is positioned, let all Igbo leave today, new occupier will emerge, the reason is just the land and her people, the serenity, the blessings and prosperity. In the 90s when nollywood began making grounds, your brothers were seen trooping into Lagos for greener pastures like it's their own London. Few years time, they have all made it and soon forgot how they came to Lagos. A neighbour of ours then brought in many of his uneducated brothers to learn trade, and later established them. It was and is possible because the market is in Lagos, the Industries chiefs, MDs, GMs all live and grow in Lagos, people from benin cme to Lagos to buy markets.

One thing that worked for the Igbo man was, they dominated the electronics market and soon sniffle out all competitors. Today, wehave few yorubas that are into importation/supplies of electronics. The market will always be there, whichever way, the land is blessed, and you cannot curse what God has blessed. Fix your minds, there is a reason why your brothers in the 90s trooped in to Lagos in the first place. If you don't remove that enviness, pride, evil, etc, it is only the failures hopeless (in Lagos) that will call for return to Igbo land....when we know that land is landlocked and can bring nothing good forth 9the killing of twins, the missionaries, their blood is crying)

1 Like

Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Sleekfingers: 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
The entire Ladipo market should be demolished. That market is too dirty.
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by yarimo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kachy1605:

Son of hate I know that people prosperity pains you like ulcer pain.
Enemies of progress.
But people prosperity not paining you when SOLUDO was demolishing market in Anambra state
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by yarimo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
Masterito:
Your mentality is still. Soludo is still being criticize. The stupid part is that you think everyone is who criticize your foolishness is Ibo. Well, it is your choice to remain stupid.
And who said you are Igbo? To comprehend is now a problem abi
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Jagabanarmy: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
yarimo:
Go and get tickets for next available night bus and stop typing rubbish here
I thought you are well enlightened but I was totally wrong. Oga, you are an irredeemable bigot and your opinion doesn't count here. You are totally irrelevant and demented
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Masterito(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
You lack that same ability to comprehend otherwise you comment this trash.
yarimo:
And who said you are Igbo? To comprehend is now a problem abi
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Hawkler: 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Claiming you accommodate your fellow Nigerian in his own country makes you the primitive one.
Do you know there is a part of Nigeria that doesn't sell land properties to an Igbo dude
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Jagabanarmy: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
yarimo:
Go and get tickets for next available night bus and stop typing rubbish here
you are a big fuul and I don't why this platform tolerate your kind here . To big demented being like you anyone that has different views from yours is an Igbo person. FYI, Igbos are better than your entire generations
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by jice(m): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
Lanretoye:
sorry don't forget the owners of the cooking pot from which you fetch food for your parents and children back home too.moreover,where is your shop in alaba or the business you have been able to establish in lagos...if gala you are selling in lagos traffic that people are buying is what you call "feeding you",then your issue has aggravated beyond mental evaluation and youe fate is bleak.ewu!!!.take your food and go to the east,if hunger no go kii you.

It is easier to rent pot to cook than rent amala
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Josewonder(m): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
Go away we re tired of dos use less goat ,beg beg to stay were they don't want you again.
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Ifogift007: 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
yarimo:
Alaba market must be demolish completely. Joint committee ko single committee ni
Always available in nairaland...are you sure 😃😃😃😃 you have a Job?
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Ifogift007: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kapeter:
We all know Hope Uzodinma is only trying his best as a progressive. When a Yoruba man makes up his mind, bro forget it. I'm rooting and hoping Lagos won't go back on his policies. Anything to protect Yorubaland and the citizens of Yorubaland afterall oloriburuku Azukawere did everything he could to protect one nijeriya even though he has to jail fellow southerner for it in the person of Chief Awolowo so why not Lagos state. The indigenes supersedes everything else as Nijeriyans supersedes everything in the eyes of oloriburuku Azukawe.
Spits
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Ifogift007: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
optionalY09:
They must pay monthly fee for using the area and no one shall build a new structure or shop/extensions without proper documentation from the state government. no one shall sell on the street under no circumstances, every shop or property owner that refuse to clean his premises or keep its property to code risk the property being demolished and reclaimed by lagos state government. No one shall hawk anything on the street.

It shall be mandated for every store owners to register for security monitoring cameras from the police department. ( Police will install 3 wifi digital cameras in your shop two inside the shop and one outside)

Every shop/store must have a fire alarm system and sprinkler.

The state shall install security camera in all Alaba premise. monitored by the Lagos police department.

Because the area is marked as commercial, no one is allowed to operate business in that premises beyond 9pm daily opening hour shall be 9am. You are not allowed to use your store for residential purpose if you do the property shall be seized.

There shall be subsidized parking lot for store owners. No one is allowed to pack vehicles on the street, if you must park on the street there is a N25 packing fee per hour or your car towed away.

The state government shall conduct compliance evaluation on every store operating on the premises yearly. violator shall pay huge fine or their business license revoked.

Every shop or commercial establishment in that premise shall obtain clearance from State government before operation.

Finally, every business establishment in that premises shall employ 50% indigene of Lagos State/Region.

Igbo must be tame.. no going back, we must protect and secure our heritage
Are you scared that they might buy all d whole land in Lagos?
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by optionalY09: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ifogift007:
Are you scared that they might buy all d whole land in Lagos?

They can’t afford it trust me, we have been doing favor all along but you take us for a full. We are putting up boundaries and you will feel it in less than five year. I promise you this one thing.

You are not the one that know how to be hostile in an uncivilized way. We will show you professionalism in hostility. watch out
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Ifogift007: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
optionalY09:

They can’t afford it trust me, we have been doing favor all along but you take us for a full. We are putting up boundaries and you will feel it in less than five year. I promise you this one thing.

You are not the one that know how to be hostile in an uncivilized way. We will show you professionalism in hostility. watch out
Recent statistics prove that they are doing just dat.... hope you are still breathing 😁😁😁😁😁
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by OgbeniOja1: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
Clown
bolademi:

Go back to sleep
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by vikstandon(m): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
optionalY09:

You guys are mere hawkers, you only bring filth and dirt to our communities

Better to be a hawker than touting and thuggery.
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by optionalY09: 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
vikstandon:

Better to be a hawker than touting and thuggery.

the most popular agbero in lagos is a igbo boy born boy
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by 7arrows: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rolings:

I dont blame you for thinking I got the gist from the beer parlour, because thats where you folks get the trash you spew all over the internet from.....who else to thank for this beer induced misyarn but Saint Peter Obi whose only investments in 8 years as governors was investing in a family owned beer business. No wonder almost all igbos follow Obi In their drunken state to be displaying foolishness all over the internet

I was wondering why I took out my precious time to reply you, I read ur messages and they all dont make sense. I understand sha because people like you who manage through primary school just come online to write without thinking. Dont just cone here to abuse, if you cannot contribute meaningfully just read and waka pass. Simple advice
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Alpharey: 1:53am On Jul 03, 2023
optionalY09:

Yes igbo are jealous of Yoruba achievements and they are desperate to bring us down, destabilize our society with crime.

There is no suitable place to stay in the east i wonder why they’re crying Biafra when all they wantted to do is migrate to SW Nigeria

Keep massaging your ego. We know who are jealous. You can NEVER do business better than Igbos till thy kingdom come. Even if they give you the whole of America to do business in. Igbos will always outsmart you. Deal with it.
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Rolings: 2:19am On Jul 03, 2023
7arrows:

I was wondering why I took out my precious time to reply you, I read ur messages and they all dont make sense. I understand sha because people like you who manage through primary school just come online to write without thinking. Dont just cone here to abuse, if you cannot contribute meaningfully just read and waka pass. Simple advice

See this mumu kid
Na ontop my comment you wan practice your English language skills?

Mumu
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Gajagojo: 2:22am On Jul 03, 2023
SanwoOlu is weak
Why setting up a committee with outsiders to govern your state?
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Rolings: 2:23am On Jul 03, 2023
Precambrian111:
. But in real sense assuming the country is just Igbo man and Yoruba man who for be slave to another no hidden place I swear Yoruba man for the nack better push up every morning for his boss that's when you wll realize it never drum bitting and noise I pass u get this or that e for don clear for una eyes even the white know this.

But which real business are igbos involved in?
Is it smuggling
Selling fake and substandard products from china because you want to make mad profits and destroy local industries since igbos are not controlling them
Or
Is it the booming baby factories.

I admit you people are good in marketing ,m which is the last phase in manufacturing process.....anybody can do that it's not exclusinve to any tribe
So I ask again which real businesses are igbos involved in?
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Validated: 2:29am On Jul 03, 2023
yarimo:
Alaba market must be demolish completely. Joint committee ko single committee ni
Because you lost an election. Wait until 2027, you all will be relocated to Lambe and Imota.
Tinubu would have been history. The man with the population rules.
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Rolings: 2:30am On Jul 03, 2023
Precambrian111:
. Everyone knows that an average Yoruba man is a hypocrite don't pretend to be in a team with Hausa /Fulani extraction against an Igbo man this has been the claim but it's never the way it's in your mind it's only for selfish gain and position in government been fully aware Hausa/ Fulani are strong and smart and can give u the bulshit if u mess up ...u take side pretending to be in unity with them condemn the Igbos as evil for no reason for u to be call a good person while is just for selfish gain I pray the day the Hausa /Fulani wll understand this prank and the traitor the better for us

All you posited above is exactly how igbos too view and behave with northerners when it comes to Yorubas.
Igbos always prefer to form alliance with the north just to ensure the Yorubas are edged out.
Well we learnt well over the years.
The difference between us is that while we happily play opposition waiting our chance at the federal , igbos want to burn down the country and balkanize it because they lost out of power

Sore losers

Yourba na your mate for politics?

That's why in the last 23 years , this is the second yorubaman becoming president ....this fact alone is what is killing igbomen daily....I know it's painful....I mean if I were igbo too I will be pained but it is what it is
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by Lanretoye(m): 4:45am On Jul 03, 2023
jice:

It is easier to rent pot to cook than rent amala
you don finally buy phone.
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by INDOMIE9090(f): 6:39am On Jul 03, 2023
Alpharey:

Keep massaging your ego. We know who are jealous. You can NEVER do business better than Igbos till thy kingdom come. Even if they give you the whole of America to do business in. Igbos will always outsmart you. Deal with it.
you mean business of gala and lacazera,fake charger,okrika,spear part,pirated disk,buns,fan yogo etc?
Yoruba does not do those rubbish you called “business”
They are rather into tech(flatterwave)entertainment(yoruba musician/actors),education,oil and gas(otedola and co),telecommunication(Glo) etc.
No dey compare your trading bullshit to those I listed above
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by LionTiger(m): 6:42am On Jul 03, 2023
[quote author=optionalY09 post=124136605]They must pay monthly fee for using the area and no one shall build a new structure or shop/extensions without proper documentation from the state government. no one shall sell on the street under no circumstances, every shop or property owner that refuse to clean his premises or keep its property to code risk the property being demolished and reclaimed by lagos state government. No one shall hawk anything on the street.

It shall be mandated for every store owners to register for security monitoring cameras from the police department. ( Police will install 3 wifi digital cameras in your shop two inside the shop and one outside)

Every shop/store must have a fire alarm system and sprinkler.
Because the area is marked as commercial, no one is allowed to operate business in that premises beyond 9pm daily opening hour shall be 9am. You are not allowed to ... Greed and jealousy is driving you to destruction.
Re: Alaba Market: Sanwo-Olu, Uzodinma Issue Joint Press Conference, Set Up Committee by ejimatic: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tompolo: ‘APC Govt Clueless, Fighting Everybody’ / Mathew Manoso Ndagoso To Buhari: 'You don't have the capacity to govern' / Sanwo-olu Bans RTEAN In Lagos, Sets Up Caretaker Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.