Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator (5879 Views)

Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) / Between Hisense And Nexus Refrigerator / Brand New Refrigerator Not Cooling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
bigbauer:

It's the well manicured fingers for me. Meanwhile we've not had power supply for over 1 month. When I called the manager, he said our injection sub station caught fire.

Thank you. They can't repair this injection sub station in 1 whole month? They don't rate us in this country sha.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Ishilove: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

You that has been out of the country, who did Jesus WIPE? undecided
Lmaaaaaooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Even me sef confuse 🤣
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ishilove:

Lmaaaaaooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Even me sef confuse 🤣

Maybe na those money changers for temple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Omoluabi16(m): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
cococandy:

Was that his last good act before he left after peppering everyone?
St bubu and good acts together in a sentence grin
I'm sure he even had no idea about what led to the improvement.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

It is a Nigerian thing and I will blame it on the standard of living here. Food is very cheap in America and some other developed countries. No one sees groceries as show off. These things are basic. A pack of spaghetti is 50p (less than a Pound) in the UK and a kid can easily give that to you cheesy. They are things that homeless people can afford. In Nigeria, any small thing is show off. That is why the rich are always struggling to identify with suffering. Claiming they sold kulikuli or they used the moon to do assignments in primary school.
the United Kingdom was industrialized 400 years ago when our ancestors were dancing around fire. Comparing Nigeria to the UK, in fact putting the two countries in same sentence isn't a fair comparison
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 1:14am On Jul 02, 2023
Spirit04:
the United Kingdom was industrialized 400 years ago when our ancestors were dancing around fire. Comparing Nigeria to the UK, in fact putting the two countries in same sentence isn't a fair comparison

The post you quoted wasn't a comparison. Rather it was an explanation on why we see basic things as luxury. Do enjoy your Sunday.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by GodWrites: 1:47am On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

Food and water is show off? Blame your government for this mentality, not me.

If it's not show off, then what is it? Aren't you aware that 100m Nigerians are in poverty? What is the purpose of this thread?
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 5:18am On Jul 02, 2023
GodWrites:

If it's not show off, then what is it? Aren't you aware that 100m Nigerians are in poverty? What is the purpose of this thread?

I am not the one that put them in poverty. The aim of this thread is to show that I have been enjoying steady power supply. No member of my family holds a political post, so I won't stop eating or existing because 100m Nigerians are in poverty.

Please direct your grievances to Tinubu.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by TheSuperX(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

Are you under 15yrs? cheesy
Because males are dangerous after that age.

Ahh... It didn't come off as one, neither would it have been read as one. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm 13 years old, can I come to your house? 😅
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by HarunaWest(m): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:
I wanted to grab some yoghurt and I kid you not, all the packs of yoghurt are frozen in my fridge.

Hehehe so you sef are a sausage freak. Nevertheless,enjoy this season while it lasts. It's like PHCN is doing eye service for Asiwajus.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by JobAndVacancies: 10:08am On Jul 02, 2023
HarunaWest:
Hehehe so you sef are a sausage freak. Nevertheless,enjoy this season while it lasts. It's like PHCN is doing eye service for Asiwajus.
Beanman you don join these food crew people?
Recently I dey see your meal for food section grin
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by bigbauer(m): 10:54am On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

Thank you. They can't repair this injection sub station in 1 whole month? They don't rate us in this country sha.

Renewable Energy (solar powered) is the way to go. Power supply is messed up here, there's a rumour that Hoteliers and Gas station operators/owners bribe the power officials monthly, so that they can have patronage. As a result we only have public power supply an average of 20-50 hours monthly.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by CodeTemplar: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:
I took this down a bit, never had to.
that's the inner bulb control. What sort of refridgetator uses 15w?

Solar adapted type?
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
TheSuperX:
I'm 13 years old, can I come to your house? 😅

You are always dragging CR7, please don't come.

CodeTemplar:
that's the inner bulb control. What sort of refridgetator uses 15w?

Solar adapted type?

It actually controlled the fridge. It hibernated and defrosted. It is a normal refrigerator. I guess the 15w is for the bulb.

HarunaWest:

I like it roasted with bread. I hope the season continues. We are paying after all. If not wickedness, why shouldn't enjoy giving us light? The light hasn't blinked since yesterday.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Dc14(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
b3llo:
Am not dangerous. Very innocent.
poco i cover ur ass with blood of jesus
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by karli4nia(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:
I wanted to grab some yoghurt and I kid you not, all the packs of yoghurt are frozen in my fridge.

Except you was ganna drink it sooner, why didnt you put it in the fridge compartment..
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
karli4nia:

Except you was ganna drink it sooner, why didnt you put it in the fridge compartment..

You irritate me. Please, desist from quoting me.
Thanks
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by doggedfighter(f): 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

You irritate me. Please, desist from quoting me.
Thanks

There must be something about this moniker for you to respond in this manner grin grin
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
doggedfighter:

There must be something about this moniker for you to respond in this manner grin grin

I can't stand that double-faced human being. He almost ruined my day with his mention and I would appreciate it if he never mentions me again.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by doggedfighter(f): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

I can't stand that double-faced human being. He almost ruined my day with his mention and I would appreciate it if he never mentions me again.

Is he same person as Kay****p**ry?
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
doggedfighter:

Is he same person as Kay****p**ry?

Nope! This one is even worse. I don't know how they direct some disgusting comments at me and come back to act like all is well. And I am supposed to be mature and smile? Fck all of them. You don't like me, I hate you too. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by doggedfighter(f): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

Nope! This one is even worse. I don't know how they direct some disgusting comments at me and come back to act like all is well. And I am supposed to be mature and smile? Fck all of them. You don't like me, I hate you too. grin

Commenters from hell !
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Nazgul: 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
@pocohantas
You can transfer the perishables to the freezer, then leave your fridge on for maximum of 5 hours per day regardless of how long they leave the light. (That's how I do mine). Your drinks would still be chilled and you would preserve your prescious units cos only the freezer would be running for 24 hours.

No one knows the next shege Tinubu is preparing to slam us with.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Nazgul: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Acidosis:

12 hours max. Some days, 0-1 hour.

It used to be 20-24 hours daily.
What part of Nigeria do you stay?
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Girlyy: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

😂😂😂
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by GloriousGbola: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

Nope! This one is even worse. I don't know how they direct some disgusting comments at me and come back to act like all is well. And I am supposed to be mature and smile?

Fck all of them.
You don't like me,
I hate you too. grin

PocohaNas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSJN3WWR3E

I was wondering why the lines sounded familiar
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
Nazgul:

What part of Nigeria do you stay?

Somewhere in Lagos.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Nazgul: 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
Acidosis:

Somewhere in Lagos.
If it's Lagos, your area should meet. Most streets in Lagos do meetings, that's how they raise money to put security gates and impose security fees on themselves.

You can raise it up during your meetings, then send a delegate to NEPA. If it's an issue of transformer (as most epileptic power supply issues are) you guys can meet your counselor, local government chairman, and other political representatives. Whatever they give you, you can add yours on top and give to NEPA to purchase a new transformer. And boom, your power issues would be solved.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by karli4nia(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
pocohantas:

NopeI .................don't know how they direct some disgusting comments at me and come back to act like all is well. And I am supposed to be mature and smile? ....all of them. You don't like me, I ......oo. grin

Yeah, i understand.

Kindly allow me quote your response to me, this last time.

I dont know which exactly you are referring to, its been a while.
In any case. I sincerely didn't mean any harm.

Well, for the records, i apologise, if you took it the wrong way.

All the best!
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by kayperry: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
pocohantas:

Are you kidding, worst than me ke! don"t play that jamb stunt with me, you can be good as mmiesomma but everyone knows you are not innocent.
Even in your misery you still remember "fvck" asin only you wan do All, se won fi se e nii undecided aunty it is not by force to like you, if you go nag je kii ori e ma pe
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Obierika(m): 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
pocohantas:

Are you under 15yrs? cheesy
Because males are dangerous after that age.

You dey fear?

Make person no come give you belle abi grin
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2023
pocohantas:

HI, just wondering. Do you still work as a freelancer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Christmas Dinner / I Wan Eat Tinko / What Do You Call The Outside Piece Of Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.