Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator (5884 Views)

Increased Power Supply: The State Of Things In My Refrigerator (photos deleted) / Between Hisense And Nexus Refrigerator / Brand New Refrigerator Not Cooling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Shapeaso: 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Is it yours or do you know the owner? cheesy
How is the power situation in your area? Let's focus on the topic.
We had light since morning and few minutes ago the light went off.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
Shapeaso:
We had light since morning and few minutes ago the light went off.

If you don't mind, which state?
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by SocialJustice: 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

What is thermostat, please?
That thing I turned? It looks like the fridge has "stopped working". My intention is to reduce the freezing capacity.
Yes that ceiling fan switch inside the fridge, increase the temperature so it will only chill chat is inside not freeze it.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
SocialJustice:
Yes that ceiling fan switch inside the fridge, increase the temperature so it will only chill chat is inside not freeze it.

Okayyy. It was on 7 and I took it to 4.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Acidosis(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

0 to 1 hour ke? Person for your street break NEPA Chairman heart? How are you preserving your food @ N500 a litre ?

I don send DM tire on Twitter o. Not a single response. At the community level, we are trying to understand and, possibly, get them to resolve the issues.

I don't have a choice o. I use gen to keep the fridge cold. Power banks here and there and a laptop with solid battery life helps with work.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
Acidosis:

I don send DM tire on Twitter o. Not a single response. At the community level, we are trying to understand and, possibly, get them to resolve the issues.

I don't have a choice o. I use gen to keep the fridge cold. Power banks here and there and a laptop with solid battery life helps with work.

Crazy. You guys should organise a meeting wuth them. I know we tip them a lot here. Sad, but this is Nigeria. You have to keep giving money for malt. I get very irritable when my freezer isn't very frozen. So, I am super-excited as it is.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Acidosis(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Crazy. You guys should organise a meeting wuth them. I know we tip them a lot here. Sad, but this is Nigeria. You have to keep giving money for malt. I get very irritable when my freezer isn't very frozen. So, I am super-excited as it is.

Oh really? I've never thought about this.. Thank youu.. I go post am for our WhatsApp group.

I can relate with the irritable feeling, especially seeing drops of water everywhere 😭

Abeg keep one bottle of Schweppes for me make I use am hold bodi first 😀
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
Acidosis:

Oh really? I've never thought about this.. Thank youu.. I go post am for our WhatsApp group.

I can relate with the irritable feeling, especially seeing drops of water everywhere 😭

How can you be a Nigerian and not think of dropping money for malt? grin

Come and take the Schweppes. You go need run am water. I am sure it would have soft ice in it.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Dexpro: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2023
Bia be kiafu ooo...

Schweppes I was about going to take from the freezer?

Power issues has been a headache lately.

Naija just dey zigzag
Acidosis:

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by GloriousGbola: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
Acidosis:

this may or may not work

ferret out the emails of their divisional managers . and start a mail trail where you complain. send follow ups. then add consumer protection. ferret out emails of ogas at the top - add them too. finally, send email to the ceo. the mail trail is there. i had an issue years ago. they were giving me the run around. when i finally copied their oga at the top, they all started running around like headless chickens and the issue was sorted.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Shapeaso: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

If you don't mind, which state?
Down Niger Delta states. tongue

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
Shapeaso:
Down Niger Delta states. tongue

Niger Delta states? Hehe
Enjoy.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Acidosis(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

How can you be a Nigerian and not think of dropping money for malt? grin

Come and take the Schweppes. You go need run am water. I am sure it would have soft ice in it.

I know right. cheesy Problem be say I hardly see them around. They've only visited 2-3 times since I moved in (year 2020) for routine checks..

I nor mind oo.. Hot water go run am sef.. grin 🙏🙏🙏
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Acidosis(m): 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dexpro:
Bia be kiafu ooo...

Schweppes I was about going to take from the freezer?

Power issues has been a headache lately.

Naija just dey zigzag

Boss, that drink go pass 30 for Poco's house. Some no dey inside fridge. It will go round. wink wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Shapeaso: 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Niger Delta states? Hehe Enjoy.
cheesy Which state are you?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by westlius(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Food and water is show off? Blame your government for this mentality, not me.
Wisdom
U so true
These are basic amenities in everyone home abroad.
But for Nija here
Even pure water na show off

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Acidosis(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
GloriousGbola:

this may or may not work

ferret out the emails of their divisional managers . and start a mail trail where you complain. send follow ups. then add consumer protection. ferret out emails of ogas at the top - add them too. finally, send email to the ceo. the mail trail is there. i had an issue years ago. they were giving me the run around. when i finally copied their oga at the top, they all started running around like headless chickens and the issue was sorted.

This is real work o but I will definitely make an attempt. How do I get the emails of ogas at the top (division)? I'm not sure they leave such info on the company's (IKEDC) website. I will do some online search tonight. Maybe via LinkedIn.

Thank you, boss. 🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hmm, so person dey wey love schwepps like I do?!
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Tirips(f): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:
I took this down a bit, never had to.

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by cococandy(f): 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

It is a Nigerian thing and I will blame it on the standard of living here. Food is very cheap in America and some other developed countries. No one sees groceries as show off. These things are basic. A pack of spaghetti is 50p in the UK. They are things that homeless people can afford. In Nigeria, any small thing is show off. That is why the rich are always struggling to identify with suffering. Claiming they sold kulikuli or they used the moon to do assignments in primary school.
Moonlight assignment grin
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
cococandy:

Moonlight assignment grin

Jokes apart, someone said it. He is not a Nigerian sha. One minister in a sister African country.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by cococandy(f): 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Jokes apart, someone said it. He is not a Nigerian sha. One minister in a sister African country.

And I believe him. Lmao
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Omoluabi16(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
Daniel7543:
If we see good things, make we dey talk.
Electricity don improve.

May God Bless President Tinubu
The light situation improved under buhari, not tinubu.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Omoluabi16:
The light situation improved under buhari, not tinubu.

Was that his last good act before he left after peppering everyone?
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by bigbauer(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:
I wanted to grab some yoghurt and I kid you not, all the packs of yoghurt are frozen in my fridge.

It's the well manicured fingers for me. Meanwhile we've not had power supply for over 1 month. When I called the manager, he said our injection sub station caught fire.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Arizoner: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Food and water is show off? Blame your government for this mentality, not me.
it will neva make frontpage ijn amen. Ishilove if dem born you well push it
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by Arizoner: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ishilove:

But you workout. Me, I can't afford to like food. Common water I go drink, it will show on my waist line
whats your waist size? Do you have hips?
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by online4business: 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

It is a Nigerian thing and I will blame it on the standard of living here. Food is very cheap in America and some other developed countries. No one sees groceries as show off. These things are basic. A pack of spaghetti is 50p (less than a Pound) in the UK and a kid can easily give that to you cheesy. They are things that homeless people can afford. In Nigeria, any small thing is show off. That is why the rich are always struggling to identify with suffering. Claiming they sold kulikuli or they used the moon to do assignments in primary school.
Where you go hear this way ma food cheap in America... Blood of Nebuchadnezzar.

Unhealthy food is very cheap in America real food you'll pay through your nose.

Is bacon, pizza salsa, pepperoni donuts bagels healthy?

The leading cause of death in America heart diease diabetes and cancer are cause by their food.

High fructose corn syrup, aspartame sucralose marketed as Splenda is still use in America

This are cancer causing chemicals yet FDA and other three letter agencies look the other way.

Just days ago society of cancer agreed that aspartame causes cancer.

something a dumb me known for years.

How about sodium nitride potassium acesulfame used as preservatives.

But there's more.

Red Dye's and blue is responsible for ADHD in America.

Like this or not big pharma and the food industry have been posioning them for years.

To the resolution back in 1968 to reduce nutrients from their food supply.

Conspiracy dem don come again I can hear someone shouting?!?!

If you've a gray matter the size of a pea at least start making research.

Here's a caveat, if you read a blog or article by anyone with affiliate links just know their post will be skew to sell products.

If you want to reply me just know I'm so far gone you can even see me if you use opolo eye like segun Anrinezes.
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
online4business:

Where you go hear this way ma food cheap in America... Blood of Nebuchadnezzar.

Unhealthy food is very cheap in America real food you'll pay through your nose.

Is bacon, pizza salsa, pepperoni donuts bagels healthy?

Food is cheap in America. Egg is cheap, spag is cheap, sardines are cheap. Someone even told me he got there and hated chicken because he ate it so much it began to irritate him. The things we see as luxury are less than $10.

So yes, food is cheap in America.

P.S I only responded to your first three sentences. There is a high chance the rest of your epistle is irrelevant.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by online4business: 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Food is cheap in America. Egg is cheap, spag is cheap, sardines are cheap. Someone even told me he got there and hated chicken because he ate it so much it began to irritate him. The things we see as luxury are less than $10.

So yes, food is cheap in America.

P.S I only responded to your first three sentences. There is a high chance the rest of your epistle is irrelevant.

Spag made with what wheat with no fibre.
Egg that's chicken are feed with GMO corn.
Sardines that's fish in mercury infested water.

The sad thing is you've not being out of the country them tell me.

Jesus wipe
Re: I Finally Had To Turnoff My Refrigerator by pocohantas(f): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
online4business:

Spag made with what wheat with no fibre.
Egg that's chicken are feed with GMO corn.
Sardines that's fish in mercury infested water.

The sad thing is you've not being out of the country them tell me.

Jesus wipe

You that has been out of the country, who did Jesus WIPE? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easiy Ways To Cook Your Beans Faster / What Do You Call The Outside Piece Of Bread / Samosa And Spring Roll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.