Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Seaport Terminal Operators Jack Up Cargo Handling Charges By 45% - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seaport Terminal Operators Jack Up Cargo Handling Charges By 45% (15412 Views)

CBN Say Nigeria Food Importation Bill Has Risen By 45% - Shehu Sani Reacts / Power Generation Drops By 1,119.6MW, Sector’s Growth Falls By 45% / Baro River Port: NIWA Urges Immediate Installation Of Cargo Handling Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Seaport Terminal Operators Jack Up Cargo Handling Charges By 45% by bayelsaowei(m): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2023
Let's go...operations jack up charges
Re: Seaport Terminal Operators Jack Up Cargo Handling Charges By 45% by bayelsaowei(m): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2023
Macphenson:

Have you provided enabling environment for production?.

Wheres the power?

Where are roads?

Wheres the security?

Yeye dey smell.
many people think in-country production is by mere wishes..

They do not understand what it would really take for Nigeria to be fully industrialised and achieve a lower import to export ratio...
Re: Seaport Terminal Operators Jack Up Cargo Handling Charges By 45% by drealcivilceno(m): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2023
grandstar:

What you're saying is a complete contradiction.

It's like Emefiele said 1 + 1 is 4 for your benefit to make life better.

You'll never live in a house built on a foundation of 1 + 1 is 4 no matter how well intent the builder is.

Emefiele wasn't the one that started subsidizing the Naira. It was Buhari who pegged the exchange rate upon assumption of office in a foolish attempt to stem the Naira depreciating at the official rate. Once he did that, I knew the economy was finished and my prediction proved true over the past 8 years.

When entities could not get enough dollars from the CBN because it didn't have enough to supply at the pegged rate, they resorted to the black market and a massive depreciation occurred to there..

Sanusi, Utomi, Soludo and the Nigerian private sector all asked for a revision to the former system but Buhari would not budge.

There was a time the official rate was 199 and black market 520. It was that bad. That was economic illiteracy on steroids

The new system is much better. The 3 rates, Exporters window, BDC and black market are so close that round tripping would now be senseless.

Ok...

So you left the subsidy and its access to general economic temperature!

Baba!

So, 770~850 without subsidy! I will be able to purchase more equipment to produce outputs coz Africa is not a technology advanced place and will never be.... It not a curse, it the type of people influencing the obstructive factors!

Let's say I could go to bank to purchase a laptop that could make millions for me and my family at 170,000 during Buhari time, which banks clearly want to frustrate as it amounts to no profits, as they do the heavy lifting for little profits, it now 340,000 in Tinubu time!

And you wonder why other sectors don't thrive?

You think every sector must balance out!

Ok!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PENGASSAN : We Support Deregulation, Not N145 Per Litre. / Leaders Cannot Afford To Hand Over To The Next Generation – Okorocha / Anambra State Is Not Imo State, PDP Tells APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.