Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd (38262 Views)

See What I Saw In A Church I Visited In South Asia! / Does The Church I Attend Matter? / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Sonicroyel: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:
Happy sunday nairalanders.
I moved to a new area(Student area) and decided to attend a nearby church.

These are what I noticed.

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.

--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.
Even when we were asked to pray on our offering,people still prayed in tongues.

And it just seems I'm odd among them or is it that am not modernized?

Christ embassy I'm guessing
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Why are you teaching presenting Islam on a Christian thread.

She can always visit your threads, if she is interested.

Anyway, just saying. What if i came to your thread, and presented the Gospel will that be okay.
Ayatullah:

Your recommendations are perfect if she wants to by all means remain among those who fool themselves, knowing fully well that they are fooling themselves.

I however see in her a lady that wants to serve God decently, so I believe your recommendations are going to be rejected by her.

I pray she finds satisfaction in the natural and perfect religion Jesus Christ the son of Mary practiced - ISLAM.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by coolxpaul(m): 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
AgentNnamdi:

Come back to Catholic Church cool

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Dadimendino: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.

--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.

My dear do research about Islam. You will identify the truth and will be convinced and embrace Islam.

I can see you are not far from the truth. All your specifications, preferences and expectations for a place of worship are all found in Islam.

Give it a try and your inner peace would be guaranteed
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by isabi2lof: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
It can never be RCCG

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by tonytony208(m): 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
T2Justman:
Spirituality is in the heart😀😃😁

Lie. Deception

If you are spiritual in your heart, it will manifest physically

2 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Ayatullah(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Why are you teaching presenting Islam on a Christian thread.

She can always visit your threads, if she is interested.

Anyway, just saying. What if i came to your thread, and presented the Gospel will that be okay.

It was not tagged a Christian thread, moreso the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria allows freedom of speech.

That lady needs deliverance from Satan Ambassadors and I am happy to offer my sincere advise to her.

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
My dear friend Ayatullah write something. Its just a repost of my comment.

[quote author=Ayatullah post=124165121][/quote]
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
IyfeNamikaze:
The reason the prayers Don't work is because We Africans have brought in our African beliefs and traditions into Christianity!
Now let me explain: In the African beliefs and traditional practices, the people to their chi or gods, and offer prayers and sacrifice to it to come and cleanse the Land in times of trouble and the gods smite the evil doers who have wrought evil into the Land almost immediately. We Africans make the mistake of thinking that God works that way. He doesn't! So that's why people like you (African man) feels disappointed with God. But you're not the first to feel disappointed that God's will and purpose doesn't align with yours.

Before the coming of Christ, the prophets ( Jeremiah, Isaiah, Malachi, Ezekiel) all prophesied about His coming. In their prophesies, God was going to send the Messiah who would come from the branch of David ( as the heir to the throne of David) and liberate the Israelites from their oppressors, chains and captivity and set them on a new height and establish his kingdom with a new Law. When Christ was born, and began his ministering on earth, Israel was under the rule of Roman, and many Jews seeing his works and knowing that he is from the line of David believed him to be the Messiah ( Liberator) who would start a radical revolution against the Roman empire and deliver the Jews from the Roman rule. But they were all Disappointed just like you are when Christ did none of that but instead preached a different kind of Salvation, deliverance or Libration to them, a spiritual Libration, the salvation of their souls.
So my brother, the Good news was not to liberate Israel from the Romans or anybody but rather for their spiritual Libration. That the same way God is not going to answer the prayers to make Nigeria better, because that's not Christ's mission. Pray for your neighbors, for your brothers and sisters that's the prayers God will answer. Not earthly prayer for your earthly enjoyments.

I feel like a lot of preachers are missing the Point and that's why people like you are feeling disappointed but I pray God sends a truer Teacher to you.

Na wa o, boss... I read your reply hoping you'll give an hint to how to pray aright, so that we don't pray as if we're praying to the gods... Unfortunately, at the end of it all, you didn't even state how to do it right

No offence intended
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by adams123: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

A significant number of black people have woken up and liberated from the scam of Abrahamic religion i.e Christianity and islam

If you still practice any of the two Abrahamic religion, its time you wake up and ditch that slave master's history book.

Have you asked yourself with number of churches and mosque in Nigeria and the amount of prayers offered, the country is very backward and not working?

If we can conclude anything, it is that the prayers aren't working.

If the prayers they offer works, Nigeria will be heaven on earth by now considering the number of churches on every inch and corner of Nigeria.

If 80% of the buildings used as worship centers are turned to factories, do you know how much it will contribute to Nigeria's economy?

I disagree with your judgement. Only prayer can't change our situation and religion like Islam that I'm practicing is not only about prayer but it's a complete way of life.. what do I mean?

Islam teaches us that, we should not steal in any form and is this stealing that is our major problem in this country if I'm not mistaking.
But many people today are praying but they are still criminal in one way or the other.

So, I have come to a conclusion that our problem in this country is that we lack fear of GOD.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by isabi2lof: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dadimendino:

My dear do research about Islam. You will identify the truth and will be convinced and embrace Islam.

I can see you are not far from the truth. All your specifications, preferences and expectations for a place of worship are all found in Islam.

Give it a try and your inner peace would be guaranteed

Y'all are commenting on a Christian thread cos we don't feel oppressed by other religions but you guys thread , someone can't comment freely .

Since you guys preach peace , you should also put it in practice by not commenting on a Christian thread.

W for tenks. undecided undecided
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
The fear of God, is the beginning of wisdom.

Proverbs 9:10
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

It more of a cultural thing, we dont like to do things properly.

adams123:

I disagree with your judgement. Only prayer can't change our situation and religion like Islam that I'm practicing is not only about prayer but it's a complete way of life.. what do I mean?

Islam teaches us that, we should not steal in any form and is this stealing that is our major problem in this country if I'm not mistaking.
But many people today will pray but he or she is still a thief in one way or the other.

So, I have come to a conclusion that our problem is this country is we don't have fear of GOD.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
Mr Ayatollah, started presenting Islam here, i was wondering why he does so, in a Christian thread, yet he mumbles an empty post. I just wanted to understand why he does so.

isabi2lof:

Y'all are commenting on a Christian thread cos we don't feel oppressed by other religions but you guys thread , someone can't comment freely .

Since you guys preach peace , you should also put it in practice by not commenting on a Christian thread.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by maivd: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Dadimendino:

My dear don't give ignorance a chance, free your mind and do genuine research about Islam. Your blind eyes will be opened and you will identify the truth and embrace Islam.

A lot of people from the west ignorantly and out of hatred spoke ills about Islam in the past but today most of them are now moslems testifying and converting their people into the only religion recognized by God.

All prophets and messengers of God practice Islam.
Keep lying to yourself islam is satanic. Islamic countries are witnessing mass exodus from islam in unprecedented numbers...your imams are crying all over the world...watch if you doubt me.....stay away from the religion of lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zhgehLttUk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by RealEzee(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

A significant number of black people have woken up and liberated from the scam of Abrahamic religion i.e Christianity and islam

If you still practice any of the two Abrahamic religion, its time you wake up and ditch that slave master's history book.

Have you asked yourself with number of churches and mosque in Nigeria and the amount of prayers offered, the country is very backward and not working?

If we can conclude anything, it is that the prayers aren't working.

If the prayers they offer works, Nigeria will be heaven on earth by now considering the number of churches on every inch and corner of Nigeria.

If 80% of the buildings used as worship centers are turned to factories, do you know how much it will contribute to Nigeria's economy?

liv church buildings buddy ,d govt will still loot wats left of naija , abi na church n mosque dey drag naija economy?
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by adams123: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
isabi2lof:

We are not insulting you here..we love you and we want you to attained paradise at the end of the world. We should stop insulting one another..our situation requires us to come together and dialogue peacefully so that we wouldn't be in a punishment of hell fire forever. This issue of paradise and hell fire is not a joke..
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
Okay, i think this is your problem, not ours, its disrespectful to insults others because they do not believe what you believe, you show signs of high intolerance, you are the type that love killing Christians.

Perhaps not. But clearly you came with dubious intentions. You cannot even wait to create a thread for yourself. smiley smiley

Mr dear, humans are very dubious, all they think about, is how to fight each other. I know you are envious clearly, since you cannot control yourself cool cool

You already have a bad picture of Christianity, this was just an easy excuse for you. cheesy cheesy

My brother, make sure you have understanding first.

Ayatullah:

It was not tagged a Christian thread, moreso the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria allows freedom of speech.

That lady needs deliverance from Satan Ambassadors and I am happy to offer my sincere advise to her.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Reality3080: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
IyfeNamikaze:

Here's what I have to say about the speaking in tongues part. All of them that were 'speaking in tongues' were talking gibberish! Speaking in tongues is supposed to be a miracle and not something you just start doing every time you want to pray or when you want to make an exclamation when you think you've said something awesome like most pastors and preachers do these days.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually open their bible to read and study it .

Speaking in tongues is a miraculous work of the Holy spirit which enables one to speak in other earthly languages which the person had no prior knowledge of. And when this miracle happens, there must be somebody present who would testify to the fact that you are speaking in their own native language which you were not supposed to know about. This means that God is trying to minister to that person through you with the power of the holy spirit. Read Act 2:1-12 , this passage of the Bible is very clear about what it means to speak in tongues.
Anybody that comes to tell you otherwise without a bible verse to back it up is not telling you the truth.

God bless u very much

Imagine someone up there saying they have a school for speaking in tongues

Imagine what these charlatans in robe have turned Christianity to for crying out loud

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by NoToPile: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

Please go to another church.There's nothing wrong with you.Find one that you can relate with.

Lots of churches allow all sorts in their youth churches and branches in campus areas and there are some that are like this down to their HQ

I personally won't be comfortable in some churches.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by sotall(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
SeriouslySense:
I think you are rushing into hasty conclusions.

You forget that educational levels are different between the regions, and for instance education is lower in the north than in the south and sometimes the south is not encouraged to realize its full potential, in order to not outshine others and to prevent the south form becoming too independent.

For instance Igbos are very religious, but they are also very industrious, its not the religion, its the value system.

Yoruba are also very smart, and can be very flexible, it has nothing to do with religion, but their value system.

If these two tribes are allowed to do as they want to do, they can become like advanced Nations.

The country has a problem of people with different values and people are sometimes intimidated by the talents of others because they are lacking in themselves, and want them suppressed.
The problem of wishful thinking and mental laziness is not limited nor restricted to any region in Nigeria.

Its a Nigerian thing. No one is physically nor legally holding us from doing the right thing.
Its just the indoctrination and brainwashing right from childhood that has ensured our lives only revolves around just a few of us actually working witn our intellect and breaking out of poverty but not any further.
The majority dont. They just keep praying and believing all their lives and never succeed in their personal lives not to talk about conquering the environment.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Nteogwuija(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Countries where people mind their business are the most developed in both human capital and infrastructure.

Wow, so according to u, in a country such as the US where "people mind their business" citizens don't vote during elections, they don't hold their government representatives responsible, they don't render help to fellow citizens, they don't call 911 when there's a robbery attack across the street. They just walk on the streets with their heads focused on a direction like zombies.

Wow, GWR should come read ur post and reward u accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by SeriouslySense(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
Its still a value thing.

Remove religion, they will still cling to lazy tendencies. They will create a new believe about village people and mammy water grin grin grin

sotall:

The problem of wishful thinking and mental laziness is not limited nor restricted to any region in Nigeria.

Its a Nigerian thing. No one is physically nor legally holding us from doing the right thing.
Its just the indoctrination and brainwashing right from childhood that has ensured our lives only revolves around just a few of us actually working witn our intellect and breaking out of poverty but not any further.
The majority dont. They just keep praying and believing all their lives and never succeed in their personal lives not to talk about conquering the environment.

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Reality3080: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
samuelson06:

Through our words and actions, God knows who is His own.

Whether you wear trouser, leave your head open or cover it with scarf, God knows those that are worshiping Him in Spirit and in truth. I hate it when people try to point out or try to castigate the action of others because of their own definition of serving God. Sometimes, they even allow others influence how they respond to God. Meanwhile, your worship or service to God is a highly personal thing.
so are u saying it’s cool for a choir master to use earrings n pierce nose n for girls to wear crop top to church?

I have seen this in one church I won’t like to mention, so please answer my question
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Goalnaldo(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

You attend Christ Chosen Church... Benin?
not in benin. Delta
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Umadam: 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
Scam!
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by sotall(m): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
RealEzee:
liv church buildings buddy ,d govt will still loot wats left of naija , abi na church n mosque dey drag naija economy?
Some of you dont just get it, i wonder why.

The Nigerian people aren't productive. We just pray and believe and expect things to work out without putting in the work.

Someone who has been brainwashed and indoctrinated from childhood that his primary assignment here is to go to heaven will not even think about doing research that will lead to innovation and invention which will in turn bring prosperity to the land.

You think the prosperity of other nations was spawned by their government?
When the mindset of the vast population is right, trust me so many things will fall in place.
You dont need to pray for what you can use your brain to get.

Our people needs to know that we need to get down to work with our brain and solve problems which will in turn bring prosperity.
But then which brain are we going to use right now? The one that has been indoctrinated to only believe in prayers?
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by CJStarz: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
E be like say na Christ Embassy you attend. Na their pattern be that. 🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Katcall: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
frenzy48:
one new generation church I attended some weeks ago,,the ushers all wore trousers,the worship singer dyed his hair pink, choristers wore tight seductive trousers,,guys were allowed to wear caps while girls didn't cover their hairs .some guys even came with crossing bag .I just felt odd
and you didn't fùck any of the gals
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by kkins25(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
I can assure you. All that speaking in tongues is non-sense and in no way reflects their spirituality. Many of them don't even know how the bible came about. funny!! grin grin grin grin

Also, I know churchgoers :
1. don't wait for the promise of marriage to settle konji..
2. do copy in the exam hall, and later thank God for the miracle.
3. gossipers, back bitter, and nay-sayers
4. I can bet my balls, that many of them after closing will break at least 2 commandments.
5. Some men there beat their wives.
6. Some women there are emotionally cheating on their husbands.
7. Some women there are messing around with daddy G.O.
8. The daddy GO. himself, is eyeing one or two members.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by samuelson06(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
thinkmoney:

I don’t know your religion but what Bible teaches is that our worship of God is more than a personal thing... it is a worship that is regulated by the Bible and that place high importance on our consideration of what others think about us (yes really! As a Christian we have to be concerned about what others think about us)
In the Bible we are enjoined not to conform to the WORLD. As a Christian we should be careful of what people at a particular time judge to be things of the world.
If the Bible say that during prayers women should cover their heads especially women with shaven heads, then women should. The Bible explains that this token shows they know their position and its respect even to angels.
We should also be careful not to dress in a way people can mistake us to yahoo yahoo people. Yes that’s Christianity

I'm a Christian sir, and the Bible is my guide. Let me stress it again, by personal relationship, I mean worshiping God based on your understanding of God with the Bible as your guide, and not because of how others do it or make you do. Meanwhile, there are different stages in the life of a typical Christian. You can't look at someone and begin to judge them when you don't know the level of the person's understanding of the Scripture. Everyone can't reason like you.

The Biblical Moses, John, Jesus, and the rest of them wore something like skirts, gowns, and sandals that appear like female stuff of today. Would you condemn them today? Why condemn others when God doesn't condemn them? By the way, the so-called yahoo yahoo style of dressing is your own definition. You classify their dressing. You are the one referring to it as a sort of yahoo yahoo style of dressing and not God.

There are people who dress like Angels to church but their words and actions that express the position of their heart are evil. Would you say such people are also Christians? On the other hand, those you may see as dressing like yahoo yahoo boys are kind and very clean in their heart towards the things of God, but on the outside, you've judged them because of their dressing. This is the confusion rocking the church today because of Christianity of the senses.

I'm not in any way supporting bad dressing or behavior, but I'm saying, don't judge anyone. Don't see the people in that class as not being good Christians. Don't classify them. Words and actions, which express the position of the heart are the only things one can try to use and say something about another. I use the word try because everyone is subject to change. You'll be shocked that even an evil person can make heaven through a 30 seconds change of mind/heart towards God before their death, but you that have been talking about God all through your life end up in hell because you feel it was about your outward expressions.

Don't allow the actions or words of others influence how you worship God. Like I said earlier, our walk with God is a personal race. If you like, allow people to dictate how you respond to God. That's your business. But one thing you can never know is how those people close their account with God before they transit from this side of life.

cc: Reality3080
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by RenaissanceGuy: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
AgentNnamdi:

Come back to Catholic Church cool
You're funny.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by edoairways: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
frenzy48:
one new generation church I attended some weeks ago,,the ushers all wore trousers,the worship singer dyed his hair pink, choristers wore tight seductive trousers,,guys were allowed to wear caps while girls didn't cover their hairs .some guys even came with crossing bag .I just felt odd
Leave that church

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Anambra Pastor Found With Fetish Objects And People's Names In His House (Video) / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Pastor Emmanuel Iren: I Find My Wife Very Sexy When She Is Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.