Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote (29172 Views)

I Won At Bet9ja Today. But I Am Scared / Help! Sienna Bus Now Target And Rub People Working On The Island / Help! Sienna Bus Now Target And Rub People Working On The Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by UnabashedIPOB: 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
The business mogul further gave some tips in order to succeed as a person in the business space.

We all know how you succeeded as a person in the business space...become a MONOPOLY made possible by your Fulani kinfolks in government who ruin the country!
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
as a very smart man once said:" its cheaper to own ONE home, and rent home for holidays, than buy a holiday home that you only use a few times a yr!"

1 Like

Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by duduade: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
What a Lamba
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by hush15: 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2023
Gajagojo:

Why must be own properties ? Why can't be rent?

Why should he lie?

You only talk based on your knowledge,education and exposure which is obviously limited?

I hear you. I didn't insult him and you don't have to insult me on his behalf, telling me am limited and is he limitless, cos i know he isn't. I just don't believe him. His businesses may own the property or proxies but he can't tell me he is big on savings yet spends so much his accommodation on hotels and lodge, not to mention the yatch he owns... Where is the savings.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Osombo: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
Mentor, Alicash💰 is right and he's been consistent 💪
astana1:

Source: https://dailytrust.com/people-working-for-me-have-houses-abroad-but-i-dont-dangote/
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by AmuRubber(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Statements like these sound humble but upon closer inspection, you'll find out that they're not.

Dangote is the richest black man in the world. He spends a considerable amount of time abroad. If he spends a chunk of time in the US, why shouldn't he have a house there?

Note that the cost of him paying for hotels will be astronomical...I mean, he won't stay in a two star hotel. Calculate the amount of hotel fees, and cross it against purchasing a house and see whether it makes sense.

Also, every man has a weakness. For Bill Gates, it's philanthropy. For Bezos, it's it's $500 million yatch. For some, it might be vintage cars. For some, Oyster watches. For some, horses. For some, houses. For some, clothes.

Let's not judge people because we don't fancy their proclivities.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by blowjohn(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
awumen:

You have said it all. The things we lack is a good policy that put capital for investment in the hands of the youths.
Let the FGN, roll out a genuine program in 2-4 years that can put loan of 5-10M in the hands of 50,000 youths only then will you see massive turn around

Exactly
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by blowjohn(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fiscus105:

Blowjohn! That's ur moniker, it says alot about u.

Yes I blow good news and speak truth to power.

What were you thinking?
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by highness25(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
astana1:

Source: https://dailytrust.com/people-working-for-me-have-houses-abroad-but-i-dont-dangote/
This na old news na. Something wey the man talk 5 years ago... But Oga, why you de sell cement 1,500 for Ghana but almost 5k for Nigeria? Wetin we do you?
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by millionboi2: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2023
Juniorangel:
This is old news naa...
very old news.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by blowjohn(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2023
seanwilliam:
not really. I know many people that squandered more than that amount , although they’re not so broke today, they’re just surviving ..

U see when ur given a loan of 50 million with goodwill, u will perform.

I agree there will always be pigs that can't appreciate gold, but the story of dangote is one of luck of getting access to funds. Now do u know that is possible he flexed and enjoyed himself frm that same initial capital but still ended up being rich? And that time, naira had value alot o.

So some will mess-up with the money, but a lot, who see it as their one and only opportunity will use the money well
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by blowjohn(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
egopersonified:

So why do lottery winners go broke?

Not all go broke.

If u give 50 million Nigerians 10 million each, at least 35 million won't have issues for the next 20 years.

There is always that money that when dropped in ur hands, u know its a once in a lifetime chance.

Lottery winners and bet winners will always think another chance will come.

Remember how Mike Tysoe squandered all his money and went down before coming up?

Boxing and sports is like Lottery, there seems to be many opportunities available and takes people unawares.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Mohisah: 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
What would need a house for? 😆
You wey forget say u book a suite for a year and nvr visited 😆
Dangote needs only every minutes funds, not some yearly stuff...
Dangote fit dey stingy. In people fit dey see smth chop thru managers with di way he ain't spend his dime on what won't be an investment like dis😬😬
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Rinoxy: 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
I guess you're just coming across this old video for you to make a thread on it.
Well, those who ain't aware would ba aware now, at least.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by SMARTMOTORS(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
Story! One of ur Customized Yatch in UK and America is worth more than 10 houses
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Shattuck(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
kenex4ever:
Lies upon lies.
How much do you pay your workers that can make them buy house abroad?

Many small private companies that underpay workers pay better than you.

The only thing people do in ur Company is to save 3 to 5m after many years of starving and deprivation in order to japa.
Stop deceiving the masses please.
company executives earn high, when he says employees I don't think he was referring to the normal low level employee or dangote truck drivers.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Gajagojo: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
hush15:

I hear you. I didn't insult him and you don't have to insult me on his behalf, telling me am limited and is he limitless, cos i know he isn't. I just don't believe him. His businesses may own the property or proxies but he can't tell me he is big on savings yet spends so much his accommodation on hotels and lodge, not to mention the yatch he owns... Where is the savings.

So in what I wrote you see an insult?

I did not insult to you but it is clear you cannot read and comprehend English if you feel insulted.
I repeat. You can only talk based on. your knowledge,education and exposure which is obviously limited?
And I do not apologise for that
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Xtboy15(m): 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
Pierohandsome:
People shouldn't buy luxurious things abi, but you can buy yatch? Dey play
nah investment he made...that yatch could fetch millions of naira
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by kenex4ever(m): 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
Shattuck:
company executives earn high, when he says employees I don't think he was referring to the normal low level employee or dangote truck drivers.
Except he is talking about Indian executives or his brother/family, I can assure you that no Nigerian employee in his Industries can buy a home abroad with his pay except the person has other means.

1 Like

Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Blakjewelry(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
Lovelyn451:
u won't progress nah, 125th world richest with govt fundings, exploitation, monopoly, killings...what is he mentoring u abeg
I bet my bolls you haven't done any extensive research on him but just dey do follow, follow. You are among those who believes people in government hide money in his name.
If you understand how the corporate world works you will understand business and politics run side by side, the ultimate aim at the end of the day is for the business man to profit and the economy of the nation to benefit too. If he wanted to set up his refinary in any other African country, he will definitely get the support he needs from the government of that country at the end of the day its people like you that will complain that he is a wicked man, why didn't he built the refinary in Nigeria. Do you know how messed the Nigeria oil and gas sector is, Nigeria has a lot of investors who can build a refinary infact there are a lot of foreign investors who know the short fall of our oil industry but are afraid of taking the risk it takes a ball of steel to do what he is doing, plus you taken your time to research how many companies he owns instead of thinking only dangote cement and flours?

1 Like

Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by todugo(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
yarimo:
Humble real billionaire in reality, unlike online millionaire and billionaire boasting 24/7 from there erosion village
Why won't he be humble since his been given Economic monopoly by the FG angry angry
Remove his monopoly let's see if he can stand the competition.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by todugo(m): 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
Raxxye:
Dangote, how w far the refinery? Abi are na scam una scam us?

His already cashing out from the subsidy removal and about to be given sole importer of petrol grin
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by yemmywesey(m): 1:39am On Jul 04, 2023
Lamba, Mule
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 3:01am On Jul 04, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
as a very smart man once said:" its cheaper to own ONE home, and rent home for holidays, than buy a holiday home that you only use a few times a yr!"

Honestly, this is correct. I have analysed buying a holiday home and read comments from various people who toyed with the idea. The summary is that it does not make financial sense. It only makes financial sense if the house is in a hub (tourist or business) and gets leased out. Another issue with a holiday home is it ties one to a particular location whereas tourism has to do with exploration of places.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 3:06am On Jul 04, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Statements like these sound humble but upon closer inspection, you'll find out that they're not.

Dangote is the richest black man in the world. He spends a considerable amount of time abroad. If he spends a chunk of time in the US, why shouldn't he have a house there?

Note that the cost of him paying for hotels will be astronomical...I mean, he won't stay in a two star hotel. Calculate the amount of hotel fees, and cross it against purchasing a house and see whether it makes sense.

Also, every man has a weakness. For Bill Gates, it's philanthropy. For Bezos, it's it's $500 million yatch. For some, it might be vintage cars. For some, Oyster watches. For some, horses. For some, houses. For some, clothes.

A very good point you made as most people especially poorly educated proletariat believe wealthy people don't buy luxury goods. The sam Dangote has a yatch, which is worth more than 250 million dollars.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 3:11am On Jul 04, 2023
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:15am On Jul 04, 2023
Gerrard59:
Honestly, this is correct. I have analysed buying a holiday home and read comments from various people who toyed with the idea. The summary is that it does not make financial sense. It only makes financial sense if the house is in a hub (tourist or business) and gets leased out. Another issue with a holiday home is it ties one to a particular location whereas tourism has to do with exploration of places.

exactly, and the headache that comes with such extra home, is not for everybody. i mean, i understand if someone lives in another city 15 days of every month, to buy a house there, but i dont really see the need to buy a house somehwhere you only go 2/3 times a yr for short vacation. the pitfalls of short term renting your holiday home are numerous.

as someone pointed out, different people have different aims in life, some would rather buy a jet and travel everywhere, others would buy homes around the world, while some would buy fleet of expensive cars etc
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by EconFinance: 6:27am On Jul 04, 2023
yarimo:
Humble real billionaire in reality, unlike online millionaire and billionaire boasting 24/7 from there erosion village

Low self esteem on full display
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Satazaa: 6:40am On Jul 04, 2023
blowjohn:
It's always easy to teach people how to make money in a way that is not realistic when u become rich and successful. They will tell u to ne focused, they will tell u to make use of any opportunities etc as if focus =capital

Oga dangote na capital give u breakthrough yes or no.

That's what the youths lack. Good capital.

E no get as e want be, give a man 50 million naira, he will be richer one way or the other.

Ooh you think only capital makes a business? you are intellectually lazy, capital is actually the tiniest of business growth parameters, managing the capital is the most important criteria and this man has done that excellently, thousand of people have had access to this same capital dangote had over the years, but where are those people today
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by otipoju(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Hotel bills and other will be written off as business expenses while filing taxes so he won't pay out of pocket for them.
Re: People Working For Me Have Houses Abroad But I Don’t — Dangote by Bfly: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2023
▪︎Extremely rich people in business are outrightly humble to the core.

▪︎ Average person is preoccupied with thoughts of ostentating his luxuries if he has any.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

J-Force: Jumia In Trouble Over Fraud In Affiliate Scheme / Nigerian Man Seen Using Juju As Desperate Measures To Boost Sales / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.